[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dl skyrim because i only played it during release and all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: 1e51a_7872.jpg (50KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1e51a_7872.jpg
50KB, 560x560px
>dl skyrim because i only played it during release and all these threads gave me a skyrim itch
>try something different because i always play vanilla nord
>create high elf mage and decide to join thalmor to eradicate disgusting n*rds
>every single npc including n*rds treat me as a n*rd, nothing different
>huh maybe if I join thalmor or some shit dialogue may change
>come across a thalmor patrol
>they attack me because i "might" be thalmor worshipper
>uninstall

fuck how can a game be so incompetent and be so loved? this """"""""rpg""""""" is so fucking linear it must be illegal to market it as rpg.
>>
>>387039995
You're a tard. Not all high elves are thalmor. Thalmor is a political party in the Summerset Isles. Most high elves are not thalmor, although the thalmor have quite a bit of power. The King of the Summerset Isles and his gang of elder wizards are not thalmor. Most high elves in the country are not thalmor. And a high elf who grew up in Skyrim would definitely not be a thalmor.
>>
>>387040253
Still doesn't change the fact that there is absolutely no way to join the Thalmor or even help them out. They are designated as the villains and no matter how you feel about them or their ideology you will always be against them.
>>
>>387040253
that's why i worded it as "joining" you imbecile
>>
>>387040460
You can with console commands :^)
>>
If the Thalmor are bad why do they have cool uniforms?
>>
>>387040460
The one rule of the game is that you're the dragon born. I don't think the dragon born can be imagined as allied with the thalmor, given their view of Skyrim and is people. It's okay for an rpg to have basic logical rules like that. I'm imagining Oblivion but you can side with Dagon... It just wouldn't work. Some people are idealogically opposed enough to the MC's role that they just can't be allied. If you were random Tamriel citizen, okay. But you find out your dragonborn, the legendary hero of Skyrim and thus inherent the duties and worldview that comes with that.
>>
File: disgusting.png (120KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
120KB, 240x320px
>>387039995
>skyrim
>fallout
>games that try to do everything but excel at nothing
>>
>>387039995
>this """"""""rpg""""""" is so fucking linear

As the vast majority of RPGs are. Go back to Bioware games, you retarded edgelord teen.
>>
>>387040849
Only bad guys get cool uniforms
>>
>>387039995
druh Use Your Witcher Sense is barely an rpg and it's cited as a fine example of the genre.

"rpg" is a meme at this point , the genre died after Baldur's Gate 2.
>>
>>387040253
>who grew up in Skyrim

Your character very obviously has not grown up in skyrim dummy
>>
>>387039995
>""""""""""
Go back to whatever shithole you came from.
>>
>>387039995
Wanting to join the obvious bad guys.
This isn't Obsidian and Caesers Legion.
>>
>>387040460
They're saving the tHalmor for the next game
>>
>>387039995
>all this use of quotation marks
>complaining about not being able to join a mostly irrelevant faction
>>
>>387041476
Are you trying to imply whatever province you're born in regardless of the parents race, that is the race you become?
>>
>>387043337
Chances are things aren't going to end well for the Thalmor.
The whole Daedra worshiping thing never ends well for the mer.

Living in Summerset must be like North Korea under Thalmor rule.
They hunt down and murder dissidents outside the borders.In their homeland it must be brutal.
You learn from the Embassy the rank and file AD soldier are not fond off the Justiciars.

Bosmer may get sick of the purges and rebel
Khajit may turn on their masters when they find out the Thalmor lied about the moons.

I am hoping both the AD and the Empire collapse and the entire continent is in chaos for TES 6.
>>
>>387041476
Well he certainly didn't grow up in a posh thalmor social club in Alinor.
>>
>>387040460
Iirc there is a mod to be a lackey of the thalmor but it's very lackluster and makes little sense. It also doesn't interact very well with the main and civil war quests iirc, but if you only want it for cosplay purposes it opens the headquarters in Solitude as a form of guild house, so there's that. Couple it with Live
Another Life and/or You Are Not The Dragonborn, and you might have something in your hands.
Thalmor are scum though
>>387039995
Base skyrim is quite shit desu. Thank god for mods. Also, anyone who get the special edition is retarded
>>
>>387040903
>But you find out your dragonborn, the legendary hero of Skyrim
And then they send you to clean some crypt full of Draughs, dont be delusional, game is shit, only a smashy button open world with some "lore" pasted on it.
>>
>>387048315
I got the special edition
for free
>>
File: 1499173269824.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499173269824.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>387040253
Elves are our friends
>>
>>387040903
>duties and worldview that comes with that
Isn't the dragonborn specifically exempt from those things?
>>
>>387046258
Where the fuck are you getting thalmor darts worshipping from?
>>
>>387049294
The dragonborn is the reincarnation of the god the entire Thalmor ideology was formed to oppose.
>>
>>387050425
Daedra not darts what the fuck
>>
File: 1354562959790.jpg (66KB, 475x355px) Image search: [Google]
1354562959790.jpg
66KB, 475x355px
>>387039995
>>
>>387048884
How does that have anything to do with it? I agree, the game is shit, but they have to stick to their own writing. Especially with a faction that's practically the secondary antagonist.

Simply put, the Dragonborn existing is what the Thalmor despise because s/he's proof that their ideologies are wrong.
>>
>>387048315

Are some textures in the SE lower res than Vanilla with the official high res texture pack? Some looked really off to me.

I'm torn in the SE. The improved lighting and volumetric effects are really nice but I hate that modding disables achievements and shit. Beth was lazy as fuck with the PC version -- I can still use the console for infinite gold and God Mode but I can't use a mod to add hairstyles or lower empty hands. It's really fucking shitty.
>>
>>387040849

>Elven armor
>cool

All the vanilla skyrim armors are shit except for the iron armor and the hide/studded ones.

Stop being a pleb and install the Brigandage mod, that's what real men wear.
>>
>>387051287
>s/he's proof that their ideologies are wrong

But they aren't wrong, all of their reality really is a dream.
>>
>>387052139
>talos didn't exist
>mer were created exclusively by the divine in their own image
>agree or face death

Isn't much of a dream, they're forcing their beliefs.
>>
>>387052340
The Thalmor know that Talos is a god, the only reason why they're trying to stamp out Talos worship is because Talos acts as a tower. If they remove Talos worshippers then they can destroy the world.
>>
>>387040903
Here's a fun fact, when you do the quest in Oblivion where you join the Mythic Dawn, your character will say things like "for lord Dagon!" when you do a power attack.
>>
>>387039995
>thalmor they attack me because i "might" be thalmor worshipper
>thalmor worshipper

Retard.

Also thalmor are not eradicating any human race. Those mer faggots can try but it's men who have succesfully eradicated mer faggots before to extinction.
>>
>>387050425
The groundwork for it has been laid since Oblivion
The daedra worship is on the rise on Summerset and a group of wizards are boycotting Imperial goods rumors.

In Skyrim you learn the Thalmor rose to power after driving off the daedra from the destroyed Crystal tower.
There is also a rumor the AD general was rescued by a daedra from WGT.

In Legends you learn they are in fact in league with the daedra.

This wasn't some random asspull that shits on lore.
Ray Charles could have seen this coming.
>>
>>387053315
Maybe the Ayelid. It was more of the remnants of that race got assimilated after the Nord armies wrecked their shit.
The Dwemer committed racial suicide
The Orsimer got fucked because a petty merrish god was jealous of Triaminiac(sp)
The Falmer got beat by the Nords but got fucked by the dwemer.
The Chimer got fucked because they worship whichever FotM god shows up.

I am sure there are more examples but Mer are their own worst enemy.
>>
File: altmermage1.jpg (614KB, 1400x787px) Image search: [Google]
altmermage1.jpg
614KB, 1400x787px
>>387039995
>Wanting to join the losing side
>Giving a fuck about petty politcal conflicts

Why would you do such a thing? Much better things to spend your time on, like mastering the forces of magika.
>>
>>387039995
>virtually everyone everywhere talks about how Khajiit are thieves and not to be trusted as fara s you can throw them
>the Khajiit characters in the game complain about this
>decide to play as a cat because I thought it would make getting through the game more challenging because nobody would trust you
>dude no difference lmao
>>
>>387055705
Every khajit complains they are seen as thieves and drug dealers.
Every last one of them is a skilled thief and is holding.
Way to bust up the stereotype kitten.

They are who we thought they were.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.