[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything dumber than rank based on your W/L ratio in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

Is there anything dumber than rank based on your W/L ratio in competitive games?

Sometimes I go on lose streaks just because I get paired with teammates who are incompetent enough and It's really fucking annoying

>but the better you are the more wins you'll have
that's not always the case, luck is still a huge factor because even If I do my best and lead the game there's still someone who misses every shot and he is the only culprit for my loss, it's just really unfair how I get de-ranked because someone else fucked it up.

If your rank was based on your individual skill compared to other players then the game would be way less toxic than it is now because everyone is so fucking desperate to win that they are filled with rage and can't play with a clear mindset
>>
>>387036546
>taking Rocket League seriously
>>
>>387036546
This is why the only competitive games where you can solo queue are fighting games.

Now either get 2 friends to play with you or stop complaining over a non issue.

Competitive matchmaking in general is complete cancer.
>>
>>387036656
You can 1v1 in Rocket League.
>>
>>387036546
> there's still someone who misses every shot and he is the only culprit for my loss
On average that guy is just as good as you are. That's how ranked systems work.
>>
>>387036776
Yeah but it sucks, the game is meant to be played at 2v2 or 3v3 in my opinion.

Duel mode is not fun.
>>
>>387036656
>where you can solo queue are fighting games.
Smite (a moba) has casual/ranked duel, which is 1v1 laning.
Its pretty broken though considering theres way too many broken gods to ban.
>>
We get it Anon, now where is the server?
>>
>>387036848
>On average that guy is just as good as you are
that doesn't mean shit, there's no system that can predict how good you are at this moment. Someone's gonna play worse than he is on average because he got carried in other matches, someone's better because he is constantly improving but because he is getting judged for his previous loses he's gonna be stuck with people who are way worse than him.
>>
>>387037462
That just doesn't work then.

You can't take a game from a genre entirely based around team plays and counters, and shoehorn it into a 1v1 duel, even RL is a better example even though the game still feels lacking when played 1v1.
>>
>>387037665
>there's no system that can predict how good you are at this moment
With enough data that isn't hard at all.
>>
>>387036546
>that's not always the case
It is over a large enough number of games
>>
>>387036546
If we play 1v1 and you get 40 saves in a game and I get a goal, you sure will have a higher score but I will win. W/L is the way to go and it's here to stay
>>
>>387037708
>That just doesn't work then.
It does when you get a fair match, its a highly technical + patience game.
But yeah its more for people who are already experienced.
>>
ITT: People in denial about how much they actually suck
>>
>>387037665
>, there's no system that can predict how good you are at this moment.
Gigantic has an "efficiency" stat in game per person.
I imagine if they ever add ranked, they might add a queue around that.
>>
>>387037864
>deaths during rampage count the same as deaths inbetween them
It's trash
>>
>>387037897
>when you die you die
???
>>
>>387037781
I'm not the one to talk I literally never played a moba in my life, but it just doesn't strike me as a good idea.
>>
>>387037272
Duel mode is best mode.

No excuses, no teammates to save your neck. All skill
>>
>>387036546
>everyone is bad except me reeeeee
news flash: you suck just as much as them
>>
>>387037272
3v3 may be the standard mode but IMO 1v1 and 2v2 are the most important/interesting modes
>>
>>387036546
>that's not always the case
But it is the more likely case. Most game (vidya and otherwise) systems can be broken down by probability, even if they're not already inherently designed to be. This is no exception.

Play enough and those edge cases won't mean anything in the long run.
>>
>>387038008
2v2 with a friend is easily the best mode, that's why it's the most popular mode by a massive landslide
>>
>>387037928
>dying between rampages when you give the enemy team points for the rampage counts the same as dying while you bash the enemy guardian and don't give them points on death
>>
>>387036546

>in team-based competitive games

FTFY. Obviously in deathmatch or 1v1 scenarios, your complaint is invalid.

And really, the game has to go based on an average so you're going to get matched with players who perform on average as well as you do. If you were performing much better than they were you'd be bumped into a higher matchmaking tier.

You're just not that good. It's okay.
>>
>>387038156
Why should the stat change though?
People who just stand right at the wound and get as much damage before they die are stupid.
>>
>>387038036
when the hell did I imply that? I don't care about losing, I just hate the fact that my rank is determined only by 33%- 50% of my skill, losers who are much worse than you drag you down, I'm not saying everyone is worse than me but there are people who just suck even if they have same rank as me, it's a fact
>>
File: DCMnjYxXsAALHuz.jpg (139KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
DCMnjYxXsAALHuz.jpg
139KB, 750x1334px
>there's always some fag on /v/ whining about having to "carry" in mobas, OW, whatever
>they never talk about playing fighting games, RTS games, or arena shooters instead

Really activates my almonds.
>>
>>387038361

Which would imply you sometimes get matched with players much better than you who carry you a bit. It averages out.
>>
>>387038404

Well, she seems to be doing okay.
>>
>>387038231
100%

2 friends and I play ranked 3v3s daily for the past couple weeks or so; I've noticed if we start going on like a 3 win streak and we'd still be the same rank, we'd start noticing we're facing off against clearly better skilled players. I'd joke about it like 'now that we won a couple times now they give us really hard opponents'...But it's definitely the matchmaking working.
>>
>>387038361
Unless you are the absolute best player ever you are also the loser in your team 50% of the time.
>>
>>387038320
Because it's still not nearly as bad to die during rampage than between them, while it cuts the efficiency just the same
There's other situations where a death can be objectively good for your team, but a simple stat like efficienccy can't pick up on these cases
That's why simple win/loss is best
>>
>>387036546
Play 1v1s
Learn to carry
Git gud faget
>>
>>387036546
>ITT excuses
>>
>>387038361
What rank are you?
>>
>>387041214
Silver II
>>
>>387037272
Duel mode forces you to learn fundamentals. You don't have the illusion of a safety net when you fuck up.
>>
>>387041448
You're just garbage, stop crying
>>
>>387041448
No wonder you can't trust your teammates. Play defensively.
>>
>tfw the only grand champion on /v/
you guys interested in a boost? leave me your steam ID, i'll smurf some low ranks with you.
>>
>>387042228
Thanks man i'll take one. My steam ID is Kronovi_
>>
>>387036546
I completely agree with you OP, the ranking system in Rocket League is fucking trash. I always make it to nearly champion rank, but shitty teammates always ruin it. But then in the 10game ranking for the next season I always beat grand champions, fucking annoying as fuck.

I love rocket league, but its ranked system makes me so salty when playing.
>>
>>387042228
not much point in it unless you're also going to grind the wins to unlock the season reward.
>>
>>387042228
>boost shitters up
>they go play by themselves
>anons at those ranks come and complain about their shit teammates
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>387036546
You get retards on the opposing team as often as you get in your team. Git gud faggot.
>>
>>387042427
just find someone to partner with.

if you can figure out a better way to do match making the algorithm behind it would be worth a small fortune along with a lucrative job.
>>
>>387042487
I play a lot, so I don't mind
>>387042640
I play with my own teammates at higher ranks, so poo poo on anyone joining solo queue.
>>387042414
he seems edgelord at times during his vods. I would not be surprised if he lurked /v/.
>>
>>387042228
any tips for a gold shitter?
>>
>>387037462
There's a reason dota 1v1's are shadowfriend mirrors.
>>
>>387036546
Looking to get into this game, whats the cheapest way to buy it?

Not looking forward to shelling out more than 20 bucks for a title like this.

Sure its good, but I'd rather have it cheap
>>
>>387046271
$10 on cdkeys with the 5% off code, you don't need DLC since it's purely cosmetic.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.