[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video games stopped distracting me from my clinical depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1469345020327.jpg (277KB, 1964x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1469345020327.jpg
277KB, 1964x1046px
Video games stopped distracting me from my clinical depression in 2012.
I remember buying both Hitman Absolution and Diablo 3 Collectors edition.

I tried to play them. I really did. But id been taking notice of the slow decline in quality of games since 2007 and those two games was just the final straw. It completely broke me.

Only games I've been able to play longer than 30 mins are Souls and Bloodborne. But i have burned out on all of them now and have been left with nothing.

Now i just do various drugs all day every day as its the only thing i can physically and mentally enjoy. Its that bad these days, i don't even enjoy sex, with actual women.
I'd literally give someone my 3k savings to put a bullet in the back of my head.

Despite all this, I still have a love, deep down, for gaming. Please /v/. Tell me some games that might save me from this hell.
>>
No just give me the 3k
>>
you can throw hundreds of hours down the hole that is monster hunter.
>>
Play Hitman 2016
>>
>>387028916
Hitman: Absolution is a masterpiece. Bloodborne, not so much. Hitman 2016 is a pretty decent follow up.
>>
OP, I suggest you support /agdg/, there's a variety of currently on-going projects that have more soul, with more creativity, than most AAA games these days.
>>
File: dd-grigori.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dd-grigori.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>387028916
Maybe get some social MMO game so you can atleast feel like you're living a life?

Or maybe invest yourself in more JRPGs like Dragon's Dogma and Final Fantasy/Persona/ games?

Or maybe take up a different hobby, start doing some light reading? I hope for your sake that you work out daily. You DO work out daily right?
>>
Ever play King's Field?
>>
>>387028916

I got a lot of joy out of Dawn of War and it's expansions, but the sequels will give you the dad's again...

You do have access to a gaming PC right? If not, rev up that 3k for a half decent one and hit those steam sales.
>>
File: 2-ArmoredCore2.png (615KB, 648x461px) Image search: [Google]
2-ArmoredCore2.png
615KB, 648x461px
Seriosly try them.

Also find some one who you can talk.
>>
>>387028916
I'm in the same boat, family. Someone recommend something, pls
>>
File: 1454545349649.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454545349649.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
As others have said, try to do some form of exercise everyday. It relieves stress and keeps your mind off dark things. It's helped me.

I'm not gonna suggest a new hobby because i know how you feel. You have a deep love for vidya, but the current state of the industry makes you sad. Instead of playing "AAA" games, try to find smaller/indie games. Ori and the Blind Forest or Bastion and Transistor is what comes off the top of my head.

Maybe even lose yourself in an MMO. Final Fantasy 14 is pretty popular nowadays. World of Warcraft and Elder Scrolls Online as well.

I've been on your road before. I still fight bouts of depression every now and then, but i won't let depression take me. My love for vidya is too strong.

But most importantly, I want you to know that I sincerely hope you get better and can enjoy vidya again.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.
-
Love, Anon.
>>
The surge is a soulsy kinda game, with a neato limb-targetting system.

You literally have to hack off your gear from enemies.
>>
>>387028916
>>387029921
If you're serious about this, you should probably seek a doctor.

All forms of depression are tied to biological reasons that can be cured by modern medicine. Some of the less serious forms of it can even be dealt with by simply exercising 30 to 45 minutes a day.

Incidentally, if a doctor decides to put you on Anti-Depressants as soon as possible instead of taking some time to properly diagnose you then they're really shitty doctors and you should probably seek a second opinion.

They're supposed to only give those out if nothing else works, but a lot of doctors (especially if you go to private clinics) get paid by pharmaceutical companies to pimp their shit asap.

Go to a doctor, see what he says, get a second opinion regardless of what's going on, then do your own research from accredited sources.

I know it sounds rough and painful, but you don't have to do it all at once. Just a take a step today, a step tomorrow or the day after, and keep pushing forward.

There are still tons of games, new and old, to be enjoyed, Anonymous. Don't let this get to you and make you hate this.
>>
>>387028916
You're me, except subtract the 3k savings.
>>
>>387028916
I was in the same boatime but then I started playing persona 3 fell in love. Now I've got 2 more persona games and a heap of SMT mainline to occupy me.

Also Multiplayer games help more than you think. A few rounds of cs:go or R6 after getting tired of an rpg and I'm ready to jump back in
>>
>>387028916
>Now i just do various drugs all day every day
>clinical depression

PRO-TIP: THESE TWO THINGS ARE RELATED
>>
>>387030796
Adding to this op. If you're already doing drugs pot is a huge additive for me. I can stay in a game longer when I'm high.

And mushrooms make everything better
>>
>>387028916
You sound like me except for all the money, drugs and women.

Stop playing nu-vidya, try Ninja Gaiden or something.
>>
>>387028916
Playing rpg/mmos is not the best idea, while playing your brain has enough time to remember how truly miserable you really are.
The only games that works for me is playing online competitive games, after a few games i'm more salty than depressed.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.