[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to make a video game that will reach out to all the people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: depression-suicide.jpg (27KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
depression-suicide.jpg
27KB, 640x424px
I want to make a video game that will reach out to all the people suffering from depression and want to end their lives. People who have been to the psychologist or psychiatrist but the only thing that truly makes them feel better is either playing video games or sleeping. The message of my video game would be that things can go really fucking shitty in your life, but if you keep walking despite all the unbearable pain caused by society, you will unmistakably find people that will understand you and will gladly lend you a hand or two.

The problem is that I have literally zero knowledge and experience on making video games.

What do, /v/?
>>
>>387021626

kys
>>
Just make it a webpage, be a female with neon colored hair and enjoy them sweet patreon bux.
>>
>>387021626
Maddox is that you?
>>
It's not a bad idea, but what makes a Great video game is when you can attach these abstract ideas to a gameplay mechanic. That way you're literally teaching the player a lesson through repetition of gameplay. Sadly, almost no developers realize this.

Since you're not already in the industry, nor are "ideas guys" a realistic thing, you have two options. One, learn programming and start making shitty games then get jobs with developers until you can start your own game. Or two, start creating in other media (literature or film, probably), then find a way to transition into the game industry.
>>
Make an rpgmaker game.
>>
>>387024004
More specifically:
Make a Yume Nikki-like game based soley off depression and suicide.
>>
Make a game so shit/depressing that people kill themselves instead. Problem solved.
>>
>>387021626
just let em die, this is natural selection at work
>>
>>387021626
No OP I don't want a to play a game which points out that I have mental problems. Fuck off
>>
Acquire knowledge and experience, obviously. It doesn't seem like you're even remotely serious about this otherwise you wouldn't be asking such a pointless question. Get an easy to use engine like game maker or unity and start looking up video tutorials, code snippets and looking up problems you run into online. Use the knowledge to make some unrelated games until you know what you're doing. Read the sticky on /ic/ for beginner tips when it comes to art. For music start with this https://learningmusic.ableton.com/ then get a DAW like Ableton or FL Studio and spend time learning how to use them. There's a huge amount of tutorials online for just about everything you can think of.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.