[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is a hidden gem. The only thing, though, is I suck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
This game is a hidden gem.

The only thing, though, is I suck at it. I can't get past the first level (if there are levels - I'm not sure there are). I always die at or before the area with the spore plant under the bridge and spider.

I don't even know why I'm collecting treasure yet.

But damn it, if I'm not having fun. I remember hearing Adult Swim made this game some years ago, but figured it was a meme game. Turns out it's a great and challenging arcade style, SNES graphics side scroller.

Has /v/ played it? Does /v/, the singular person, like it?
>>
And there's a distinct lack of checkpoints.
>>
>>387021197
there are levels, I got to the second, with the frog people, I should pick it up again, game was dope.

>>387021407
each level has 2 parts, you get a checkpoint when you finish the first part of the level, but if you restart the game you have to restart the level entirely again.
>>
>>387021197
it's definitely worth getting if it's still on sale for cheap.

i think i got it for like $2. Beat it but it was one of the easier endings, found that frustrating enough. Never played it again after beating it, would probably be fun to speedrun if i was good enough at it.
>>
>>387021197
Treasure is only for feeling good when you complete a stage and it falls down on you in the "go to next stage" screen, However the chests drop equipment if you manage to not lose the previus one every second chest.also there's a hidden powerup hidden in every area near a broken sword.

>>387021407
every stage has 2 area's and a checkpoint at the start of each area.

Its inspired by the good old really hard games so if you want to continue you need to get gud.
>>
>>387021684
I mean, I like Souls/BloodBorne but this game feels like it does the trail/error thing right.

>>387021642
Yeah, saw it today 90% off for a buck. Worth it.
>>
>>387021197
>I remember hearing Adult Swim made this game some years ago, but figured it was a meme game
Adult Swim is basically Devolver Digital 2.0 when it comes to published games.
>>
>>387021197
It reminds me of a slower Act Raiser with the health system of Ghosts 'n Goblins or Ghouls 'n Ghosts. Looks like a good game and surprising considering Adult Swim made it. Is it a browser game or something?
>>
>>387022182
Adult Swim only published, development was by a pair of two legit devs.
>>
>>387021197
Yeah, I love this game. Spent quite a while in 100% completing the achievements and even practiced speedrunning it a few times. Really enjoy it and actually just replayed it again recently. Was still as good as I remembered

>I suck at it.

The more you play, the more git gud'er you become. If you're havin fun that means you keep playin means ya get gud.
>>
File: 20170813033132_1.jpg (261KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170813033132_1.jpg
261KB, 1920x1080px
Not sure what pic related means.
>>
>>387022423
Wtf is a slit?
>>
File: 4201836.jpg (70KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
4201836.jpg
70KB, 600x391px
>>387021197
is tight and I should try again with a better controller
but I remember I got in the first boss, died and got sent to the beginning of the level ... I mean, come on, I not asking for a easier game just a megaman checkpoint +limited lives
better than just throwing player progress right away
>>
>>387022516
That tiny hole your mom shat you out of
>>
>>387022423
crawl back under, stand on the platform, throw a spear, and you'll notice it goes through the wall and stabs into the barrier keeping you from progress

get fucking good
>>
>>387022423
>straight up has scrape marks where you're meant to throw the spear
Come on, man.
>>
>>387023117
>>387023227
I eventually did. Just didn't realize I had to do it from the other side.

It's a fun game.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.