[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the combat so boring and not fun? Why is this game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0191.jpg (69KB, 292x414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0191.jpg
69KB, 292x414px
Why is the combat so boring and not fun? Why is this game so absurdly overrated?
>>
it has a lot in common with botw
>>
The game is mostly carried by it's story/characters/lore. If you don't give a shit about any of those, you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>387013904
The writing is overrated too
>>
the combat is fine
>>
>>387013587
>Why is the combat so boring and not fun?
They tried to split the difference between Bamham and Souls, got the worst of both.
>Why is this game so absurdly overrated?
It's not if you ever leave /v/.
>>
I'm so tired of the "combat is boring" meme. Just don't play it if you don't like it, why the fuck are you starting a thread to bitch about something that's clearly beneath you, a TRUE GAMER
>>
>>387013971
nah it's good.
>>
File: star-hmm.png (147KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
star-hmm.png
147KB, 600x600px
I was considering getting this game. I've heard it's a massive open world that feels very alive. Mostly true or mostly bull?
>>
>>387014581
doesn't feel that alive. the open world in watchdogs is more lively desu
>>
>>387013971
>everything I dislike is overrated
>>
>>387014660
Its good but it's not as good as anyone says it is
>>
>>387014328
I beat it and the hearts of stone DLC and was burnt out by the time i got to blood & wine
>>
File: W3_save yourself.jpg (17KB, 218x244px) Image search: [Google]
W3_save yourself.jpg
17KB, 218x244px
>>387014581
W3's "problem" is that it's not really an open world game. It has one, but it's clearly there for immersion because meat of the game is still the story.
>>
File: 1496635662773.gif (729KB, 451x268px) Image search: [Google]
1496635662773.gif
729KB, 451x268px
>>387013587
Fuck this game, I just found out 40 hours into my first play through that my imported save glitched and I cant have Letho in the big battle.
>>
File: star.png (366KB, 494x489px) Image search: [Google]
star.png
366KB, 494x489px
>>387014773
Good answer, thanks!
>>
>/v/ praises Persona 5 but hates Witcher 3

If only The Witcher 3 was made by a Japanese developer then it would be liked here.
>>
>>387015154
>/v/ is one person
Hang yourself by your foreskin you fucking faggot
>>
>>387013587
the combat is serviceable, and by that, i mean the combat exists for there to be combat but not to get in the way of any progression. that's not a bad thing either, you don't want players stuck at a part because of some ridiculous monsters because you're constantly fighting things so it needs to be over quickly, simple and easy to grasp. it does its job and thus it's serviceable, it's by no means a combat oriented game.

The meat of the game is the side quests, the witcher was always side quests, main stories isn't it's profession and Geralt's profession is wondering to places as a medieval janitor cleaning up messes.
this is what he does in the books and the witcher 3 does side quests brilliantly.

It's a reasonably full game with lots of interesting places and characters and things to read about and people to talk to so either take it or leave it, it's a good game because what it does well really stands out and it excels at creating the world rich and full of details and places for you to explore and read about. take it or leave it, it's not for everyone.
>>
>>387015491
Oh i skipped all the gay story shit lol it made the ps4 get so hot
>>
>>387014009
It looks very pretty, but they didn't really do much there beyond mash one, MAYBE two buttons
>>
>>387015491
I agree with you for the most part, there's just some things that get stuck in my craw. Like oils. Oils are fucking stupid because unless you're playing on braindead easy mode, that shit's not gonna last you a full fight against a standard mob of enemies. And there's no easy way to reapply that shit either, so you gotta pause the game to go into the inventory and shuffle through tabs to sort through oils to attach to your blade before unpausing and ALL YOUR ENEMIES ARE ALREADY DEAD FROM OLD AGE
>>
>>387015903

above average bait post.
i wish more shitposting was this quality at a minimum.

better than "LUL IN 2017" style memeposts of today
>>
>>387016134
I think oils, for the most part, are pretty superficial, I don't think they're necessary for the whole fight or every enemy encounter but they certainly help when you're taking something on a few levels up from you, on even levels most enemies really aren't much of an issue even without oils

That being said, the revamped character/item menu they added was a really nice touch that really should have launched with the game, giving everything some nice categories and areas to belong was a great idea that made sorting through that kinda of item mess a really quality of life upgrade. I do get what you mean though and some monsters felt more finicky than others because you needed some specific oil that you didn't even have to optimize damage and if you didn't get swallow upgrades eventually swallow felt useless too, it's by no means a perfect system.

>>387015903
Me too, anon.
>>
>>387014009
>Press counter button and get an autokill animation

Holy fuck what incredible gameplay
>>
>>387013836
this is most likely bait but I have to tell you that youre a fucking faggot.
>>
i have witcher 2 free from games with gold on xbox, should i play it?
>>
>>387017345
If you havent played witcher 1, no you shouldnt.
>>
>>387014581

Is good don't listen to /v/intendo
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.