[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how is Super Mystery Dungeon? I haven't played any of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: PSMD.jpg (103KB, 740x420px) Image search: [Google]
PSMD.jpg
103KB, 740x420px
So how is Super Mystery Dungeon? I haven't played any of these games in a long time. I remember playing a ton of one of the games a while back,either the first or second game.
>>
Core dungeon crawling gameplay is the best of the five entries, has a bunch of awful changes to missions and recruiting, the story has horrible pacing and focus issues and implodes on itself after the big twist.
>>
>>387008268
I'm just looking for something to play while listening to podcasts. Handhelds seem like a good choice for that. Not worried about the story too much as long as the gameplay is entertaining enough.
>>
>>387008268
This about sums it up.
Move balance is way better because they locked the basic attack to a paltry level of damage, so low-damage/high-PP moves are actually useful.

Recruiting is fucking horrible though. 90% of the time it just feels like you, your partner, and some faggot third wheel who just happened to be free. Rather than a team of adventurers you personally scouted.
>>
>>387009509
That's a bit of a bummer about recruiting. But yeah,as long as the core gameplay is good enough then I think I would enjoy it.
>>
>>387008854
Yeah if you don't care about story unlike most fans of this it's probably fine. I'd also consider checking out Shiren the Wanderer on the Vita if you've got one of those, it's the "mainline" Mystery Dungeon.
>>
>>387007875
It's actually good. It's much closer to a Rougelike with Pokemon characters. unlike the pokemon games turned-rougelikes that proceeded them, if you understand that.
The story is not great, though, and the progression is fucked.
>>
>>387008268
First post, best post, though I actually liked the missions and recruiting.

The random recruiting system in the other 3 was fucking awful, and the missions in the DS titles were effectively pointless since they offered no unique rewards that you can't get by simply running around dungeons.
>>
>>387010496
I think the Connection Orb on its own isn't bad, but that they got rid of the Bulletin Board and regular recruiting altogether sucks, there would've been nothing wrong with having both systems. The break system is just awful though.
>>
>>387008268
How did they ruin recruiting? I was about to buy this, I loved Sky
>>
>>387011357
Every Pokemon is recruited through a fixed list of missions rather than in dungeons. You only get to recruit one of each form of a Pokemon, except a spare in you and your partner. This means evolution is discouraged for anyone but you and your partner because if you evolve that Charmander you will NEVER get another Charmander, just two Charmeleons or two~three Charizards if you evolve them too. Even then evolution doesn't effect your stats, just your type, ability, and learnset. Also, no nicknames for recruits.

There's also a break system where only you and your partner will always be available to use. As you level up it's less likely others will take breaks and be unable to be selected for a while, but it's still not a sure thing even if you manage to hit the cap. So you won't always be able to use your desired third wheel.

The one pro is most of the recruits that were story characters in the games are those characters.
>>
>>387010923
The motivated system was already enough to encourage you to use a variety of pokemon. The break system was restrictive overkill.
>>
>>387012018
that sounds horrible, especially the part about only being able to recruit a pokemon one time. I never liked the random recruits, but they're still better than this. being forced to change the party frequently is bad too, what were they thinking?
>>
>>387012018
don't forget how the game hands you a lvl 50 salamance after like 2 hours and it can easily solo entire dungeons.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.