[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so incredibly right? Why is this such an amazing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg (62KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg
62KB, 300x360px
What went so incredibly right? Why is this such an amazing open world game?
>>
>>387004687
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>387004687
>What went so incredibly right?

It wasn't made for PC.
>>
>>387004687
Atmosphere mostly. The ambient music like harmonicas or trumpets in mexico while riding through the desert or hunting for pelts really made the game something special for non-autists to immerse themselves in. Autists like the one above me.
>>
>>387005038

What made the game special was that it felt like there was a lot to do. The ambient challenges like hunting or collecting plants or treasure hunting, made it really feel like you could do stuff in the world and get absored in it. Plus it just seemed there were tons of activities in the towns. The game just has a lot of detail that most open world games dont have...I loved doing the bounty hunter stuff, I mean that was practically fun enough to be its own game
>>
File: tough day.jpg (57KB, 700x698px) Image search: [Google]
tough day.jpg
57KB, 700x698px
>>387004687
It wasn't the 500th cowboy game released that year
>>
>>387004687
It was ok back in 2005 or whatever but I tried to play it again a couple days back and I couldn't stand to play more than 15 minutes.
>>
Westerns are always great
>>
>>387005348

>Rockstar absolutely nails random encounters in RDR
>expect the same and better in GTA V
>get literally the worst, most boring and static "random" encounters of all time

How can you fuck up so hard.
>>
>>387004687
The middle Mexico part was so bad though. It bogged down into GTA4 levels of "why am I doing this" territory. The last third of the game and ending really saved it though.
>>
>>387004687
>buy Xbox code for this off Amazon
>can't play game because Xbox isn't sure if you actually own the game
>get asked to sign in to prove
>sign in
>still can't play game
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.