[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want a game to immerse myself into and forget about my shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: Horizon-1.jpg (143KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Horizon-1.jpg
143KB, 1200x630px
I want a game to immerse myself into and forget about my shitty day to day life routine.
I have a PS4 Pro. Should I get Horizon Zero Dawn OR Zelda BoTW for the Switch?

I don't want to buy both and get burnt out on open world games.
Any opinions on HZD?
>>
File: 431195203.jpg (834KB, 3658x873px) Image search: [Google]
431195203.jpg
834KB, 3658x873px
>>386998803
inlike it a lot but it wont last you more than 60 hours i dont think. at least not unless you do ng+ which i guess is cool.
Graphically it is fucking insane.
>>
>>386998803
I just started, its pretty neat. BotW is better imho, more freedom overall, but HZD has better combat. I aint that far in yet tho, so take my word with a grain of salt.
>>
>>386998803
BotW.

Horizon is just...generic. Unremarkable. As expected. And funnily enough, has way cheaper and lazier tech than Zelda, lacking just about any and all environmental interaction and AI feats the BotW has.

I've now clocked 220 hours to Zelda BotW on my WiiU. I've "beaten" the game now twice, but I still find myself exploring the land from time to time.
I do have PS4 Pro in the livingroom as well, but HZD really does not impress me.
>>
we are not your parents OP. make your own decisions
>>
>>386998803
man get ready for the zelda fanboys telling you how shit the game is but i think horizon is good haven't got zelda yet will soon
>>
>>386999108
I actually had both just up until just a week ago.
Had, as I just took Horizon to real deal fucking Gamest0p, as I found there to be no reason to go back to it. Still have my Zelda though, and I don't know if I'll be able to ever fully finish / platinum it.
>>
If you have a monster PC then just emulate Zelda, with the right settings it can even look better than the Switch.

You can now buy HZD without having to buy the other.
>>
>>386998803
BotW is overall the better and bigger game, but HZD has more plot if you're interested in that.
>>
>>386999047
>has way cheaper and lazier tech than Zelda
kek.
Tech doesn't count unless its the type of tech you like eh?
>>
Thanks for the advice and opinions, anons. I'm going to buy HZD first. I want fun combat and beautiful graphics. A world to explore. Quests.
I've heard it makes PS4 Pros loud. True for anyone here?

>>386999047
>>
>>386999338
Gotta admit, I do want a story, hopefully HZD has a good story for the world they created.

Is HZD recieved well on /v/?
>>
File: _20170320194522.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
_20170320194522.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>386999390
yes
>>
>>386999390
BoTW has better combat/gameplay, but HZD has the better graphics.
>>
>>386998803
>Zero Dawn
Unique setting.
Shit to do in the open world, but not over bloated with garbage like a Ubisoft title
Interesting enough story and setting, enjoy exploring and finding out what the fuck is going on.
Literally runs on magic, perfectly smooth frame rate no matter what to do, doesn't ever slow down, looks amazing.
Has an upgrade system like every open world, and like every open world game, it sucks and feels like busy work.
>Breath of the Wild
Its Zelda with a tiny bit of sci fi in the form of smart phone. Setting is pretty dull, but the wold is big.
Open world has a million forest shits to find to upgrade storage space, no real enjoyment in finding them. Shrines for the most part are shitty and you'll get tired of doing them.
Weapon breaking is total horse shit, it makes every weapon outside of the master sword a big 'who cares' its just one of many of the same weapons you'll get and break. Makes exploration lacking, as all you'll find is more of the same shit. Picture Elder Scrolls with only two weapons, that you keep finding over and over.
Frame rate is total shit, graphics are total shit.

I had more fun with Zero Dawn. This is coming from someone who is sick of open world shit thanks to Ubisoft churning them out, and is a massive Zeldafag who has loved all of them. Breath of the Wild isn't shit, but between the two I far more fun with Zero Dawn. Played through that in a few sittings, and I'm eager for the next one. I gave up on Zelda quickly as it incredibly dull vs the older games.
>>
File: BotW vs Horizon - animal AI.webm (3MB, 758x422px) Image search: [Google]
BotW vs Horizon - animal AI.webm
3MB, 758x422px
>>386999352
Nope. All tech counts, and it's amazing that it took devs ten after Crysis 1 to finally start implementing numerous dynamic, interacting systems (or "simulations") into a single game. And even then it had to be a fucking Nintendo to do it.

When even the meme-tier "fish AI" still can't be found in most AAA openworld games of today, it's just pure laziness showing at this point.
>>
>>386999663
>Frame rate is total shit, graphics are total shit.
Not in PC or switch.
>>
File: 1476143053713.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
1476143053713.gif
315KB, 234x159px
>>386999663
>>386999664
fuck off retard
>>
>>386999558
Does it make the Pro loud since the graphics are so pretty?

>>386999663
I chose to play HZD. Thank you! Glad it's not going to be just another Ubisoft open world. I don't mind if it's similar.
Are you looking forward to the DLC. Also is there a release date for it?
>>
>>386999816
No idea about emulating but lmao it runs like shit on the switch, sitting comfortably at a sub 30 at best, dropping into sub 20 during busy scenes/places. You can defend a lot about Breath but not its frame rate.
>>
>>386999663
>Shrines for the most part are shitty and you'll get tired of doing them.
200h later, and I'm actually sad that there's no more shrines for me to find.

>Weapon breaking is total horse shit,
way to spot the true plebeian.
The breaking weapons fix the typical power-creep problem of most RPGs and open-world games, and encourages to both think out of the box when facing enemies, plan your actions, and to experiment with different arsenal items. You clearly don't even understand how many different weapons + their special variants there is in the gaem.

>Frame rate is total shit, graphics are total shit.
On the contrary, I find it to be one of the prettiest and most atmospheric games in years. I know this goes to subjective opinion territory though.

>This is coming from someone who is sick of open world shit thanks to Ubisoft churning them out, and is a massive Zeldafag who has loved all of them
Same here, but fortunately, to my own positive surprise too, BotW avoided ALL "Ubisoft openworld" problems, made the common complaints into new, working systems of their own, and in general it just feels totally different from all the AssCreed/FC/JustCause/etc titles out there. No matter how many superficial similarities they might have.

>>386999834
Great argument, kiddo.

>>387000102
runs mostly steady 30 on my WiiU, dropping to mid-20s only in major population centers.
>>
>>386999992
nope it was silent for me
>>
>>387000226
>runs mostly steady 30 on my WiiU
This is just a flat out lie. Are you also enjoying your silky smooth 60fps Bloodborne, anon?
>>
>>386999390
>I want fun combat and beautiful graphics.
It has this
>A world to explore. Quests
It does not have this.
>I've heard it makes PS4 Pros loud. True for anyone here?
It's true for me, but my Pro makes noise even in some unpatched games. Horizon definitely seems like the most taxing thus far, though.

>>386999550
The story is mediocre. It definitely has SJW elements and I'm not especially sensitive to that sort of thing. Aloy in particular is almost insufferably Mary Sue at times, thankfully most of the exposition takes place via recordings and journals in ruins. The plot is kinda cool but strikes a weird balance between seemingly trying to be serious/realistic whilst actually being very fantastical and implausible.
>>
>>387000226
yea go on posting the same webm over and over guy fuck off idiot
>>
>>386999992
The release date for the DLC is the 7th if November I think. Hope you enjoy thr game, and if you can, why not pick both? Haven't played Zelda, but it also looks cool. Don't get why both games get compared, they're striving at different things.
>>
>>387000276
Why isn't it silent for my Pro? Did I get jewed?
>>
File: 1502574468359.jpg (120KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502574468359.jpg
120KB, 400x400px
>People who think OP should get ZD
>Posts their opinion about both games
>People who think OP should get Zelda
>Flat out lying about the shitty frame rate, fedora tips a "you just dont understand" for weapon breaking, and posts webms about fish.
Good thread you got here lads.
>>
>>387000537
hey man i'm playing a game right now no noise
>>
>>386998803
>Zelda
See those mountains, castle towers, trees, etc?
You can literally climb and track every single one of them. And more often than not, you'll discover something new and/or handy.

Story's meh, a-OK base. The beauty and appeal here is the crazy amount of freedom and truly non-patronizing tone the game has. You can beat the game in an hour or two if you're Asian Pro Gaymer -tier gud, or spend months just getting lost exploring what's practically a small continent.

If you DON'T like the idea of the joy of pure discovery being the main carrot, and beefing up slowly to beat the ancient evil the only proper background reason of being there... then reconsider getting BotW. It's a very videogame-y game for once, with no training wheels attached.

>Horizon
Invisible walls, mission/story -related restrictions. Lot's of kinda pretty landscape, but it's mostly just a static background.

Gameplay's like a mix of Witcher 3 + modern Far Cry games. Maybe a bit of nu-TR in mix.
Nothing you wouldn't had seen before. Story's just "fine", I like the concept of the world more than what you actually "play through".
You play it once, which may take a single weekend or so, then you prolly never touch it again.
>>
Get Persona 5
>>
>>387000537
a game? are you playing HZD, though?
>>
File: 1499651793981.jpg (227KB, 680x794px) Image search: [Google]
1499651793981.jpg
227KB, 680x794px
>>387000874
>>
>>387001045
meant for >>387000732
>>
>>387000596
>I don't want to learn how to play a game and git gud! -the post
There are way better power-fantasy fulfillment games, even open world ones, if you just want to collect shit and be invincible OP death god by the end of the game.

Zelda's framerate never got into the way of the action. Every single player goes through the "hate phase" towards the breaking weapons at some point, but luckily majority of us grow out of it. NPC AI is a quite important factor in creation of immersion in games, something pure "achievers" who constantly know and remind themselves that they're playing a video game obviously wouldn't even begin to understand.
>>
>>387001045
injustice 2 and persona 5
>>
Horizon is a semi-interactive "cinematic" game. Eyecandy with an ugly ginger tranny in the lead and some of the most uninspired gameplay you'll ever see

Zelda is GOTY (or possibly GOTD)

not a hard choice
>>
>>387001069
Please tell me, oh shitposter with no text, how was my post exactly a "bait", and why did it make you so mad?
>>
>>387001315
oh. No other game makes my PS4 pro make noise except Dark Souls 3 and HZD
>>
>>387000874
>You play it once, which may take a single weekend or so, then you prolly never touch it again.
How is this different from Zelda? Its the same shit both playthroughs, at least Zero Dawn has a story to keep you interested.
>>
File: 1476946286604.png (461KB, 512x530px) Image search: [Google]
1476946286604.png
461KB, 512x530px
>>387001324
>>387001332
>>
For those who had played Horizon, do you also think it would be sick if they released some kind of playable chapter during the Enduring Victory operation, taking down the Horus?
>>
if your day to day routine is getting you down, you should probably consider addressing that before trying to ignore it with games. it'll only get worse.

good luck bro.
>>
>>387001661
>How is this different from Zelda?
You are very unlikely to play it through in a weekend. Nor are you funneled into one specific "route" or order at any point, artificially blocked from accessing certain areas or missions just because you'd not have progressed far enough in a story or something. Hell, from what I've seen and heard, no two players ever play BotW the exact same way, and tend to come up with tons of more or less crazy ways to deal with situations in it.

>at least Zero Dawn has a story to keep you interested.
A story you experience once and then know well. A typical game problem really.
The Zelda too has a baseline story, that at least starts out as an interesting mystery carrot you are free to unravel at your own pace (or not at all). However, it's not a story-driven game, but completely gameplay-driven one. And a big part of the BotW's gameplay is pure exploration and discovery, in differents sizes and forms. If you however WANT to chase the story and lore, you can do that, and the game will start providing some bread crumbs to follow if you do so.

Hell, when I started it, I literally didn't see another human being, not a single piece of Rupee (game's money for those who don't know), not a main or side quest indicator of any sort, for around 20 solid hours. Yet saying I'd been bored, aimless or task-less at any point would be a huge, exaggerated lie.
>>
>>387002274
>not a single piece of Rupee (game's money for those who don't know)
Did you just run out of energy halfway through typing this or something?
>>
>>387002892
No. Why?
Or is this just some pathetic attempt to somehow derail the discussion?
>>
>>386998803
If possible get both, if not get Zelda.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.