[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is it so hard to get invested in the story arcs and characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: tw3wh.jpg (69KB, 627x353px) Image search: [Google]
tw3wh.jpg
69KB, 627x353px
why is it so hard to get invested in the story arcs and characters in this game? i find every situation painfully unreletable. i really want to enjoy the beautiful world, but the movement feels laggy and clunky and as said above, it feels really hard to get invested in a story that is taking itself too seriously.
regardless, should i push forward, grab the first game/books, or give it up completely?
>>
>>386986883
Give up. The game is clearly one of the best in history but if you dont like then you dont like it no need to push it
>>
>>386986883
Use alternative movement in the game settings. Get through the Bloody Baron questline before you give up on it. I was just about ready to quit before that questline changed my mind.
>>
>>386986883
The books are hot garbage. Literally a majority of the stories feature Yennefer cuckolding Geralt. I can only guess Sapkowski is into NTR as well as all the Yenfags on /v/.
>>
>>386987283
Nice try anon they're great books
>>
Congratulations. You are not so far gone that /v/ can shape your opinion

The Witcher 3 is run of the mill triple a trite but extremely well polished. Its presence on /v/ serves as a testement to how far the board has fallen.
>>
>>386987283
You're dumb and didn't read them. They're not great but your claims are untrue as well.

>>386986883
The story is better if you've read the books. I don't know what you mean by taking itself too seriously as I prefer stories that take themselves moderately seriously.
>>
>>386988926
/v/ fucking trashes tw3 what are you talking about?
>>
>>386987460
>>386989101
I just started reading The Sword of Destiny and Yen literally cucks Geralt in both of the first two short stories.
>>
>>386989101
Because i can only care so much when downtrodden peasant number six hundred and twelve dumps his oh so tragic backstory on geralt before telling him hold right mouse and collect some flowers without a hint of memorable personality to him for the billionth time in a row in this game.
>>
>>386986883
Don't bother.
>>
>>386989325
They're an on again off again sort of thing and they both cheat constantly. They're usually faithful when they're "together" but it never lasts.

>>386989510
The quest design can be pretty shitty but I don't see how that's the story taking itself too seriously. I'm not even the biggest fan of the game but that critique just seemed weird to me.
>>
>>386986883
You may have undiagnosed autism.
>>
i'm playing this game right now for the first time and i love it, about 40 hours in
>>
>>386989325
Fucking other people isn't cuckolding, sorceresses sleep around just like Geralt. They just have an on and off relationship
>>
I just don't get why Geralt doesnt hate everyone on skellige. "you've got the heart of an an craite" uh no, you're a bunch of raiders. Slave taking, innocent person killing, raiders.
>>
File: 1472071701000.jpg (258KB, 1920x1281px) Image search: [Google]
1472071701000.jpg
258KB, 1920x1281px
Just refund the game you're wasting your time. This is the most overrated garbage ever.
All the characters are unlikable from beginning to end.
Don't listen to the fucking drones gargling poles cocks and shilling this piece of shit game
>>
File: B3j1OmF[1].png (52KB, 650x489px) Image search: [Google]
B3j1OmF[1].png
52KB, 650x489px
>>386991119
>Fucking other people isn't cuckolding
Yenfags don't even try anymore
>>
>>386993757
>Istredd is a well-respected sorcerer in the city of Aedd Gynvael with a keen interest in archaeology. As a young apprentice, he studied under Roedskilde. Yennefer works with him then and again.
>He is one of Yennefer's long-time lovers whom she had known for many years, often visiting and staying with him for several months. During one such occasion during with Geralt had travelled to Aedd Gynvael with Yennefer the two men learned of each other. Both Istredd and Geralt are unwilling to share Yennefer, with Istredd not caring if Yennefer has several non-serious lovers, but refuses to share her with someone she is seriously involved with. During this time when Yennefer was with him he asked her to marry him and live together with him at his residence. Yennefer does not immediately give him an answer and becomes torn between picking Istredd or Geralt.

>Istredd and Geralt then challenged each other to a duel to the death for the right to exclusive access to Yennefer's affections (although they both knew whoever won would have to hide from her for some time until her rage ended). Both believed that Yennefer could not decide between them, however before going to fight Geralt, Istredd received a letter from an enchanted Kestrel sent by Yennefer telling him she has chosen to leave him. Istredd in grief over this turned up to the fight bearing a sword instead of magic hoping that Geralt would then kill him.

>Geralt having contemplated suicide himself that night, went in an alley without weapons to be killed by thugs, but they fled once they saw his eyes. Geralt met him in the agreed location, but once Geralt found out that Yennefer had left Istredd the same letter he knows is waiting for him, he decided to leave, and read his letter, and left without fighting.

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Istredd

wew. what a shitshow
>>
>>386991312

Yet they treat him with more respect than other more "civilised " cultures.

One of the themes of the game is that nothing is black and white anon.
>>
>>386986883
Because plot was written by a woman. W1 plot was edgy but it knew and played with itself. W3 is generic save the world fantasy.
>>
File: 1500812095017.jpg (2MB, 3630x4069px) Image search: [Google]
1500812095017.jpg
2MB, 3630x4069px
>>386986883
Because it's not a well written game in any sense

If you've read the books/played the previous games it's a double edged sword, at least you know who these minor characters are and can appreciate the effort that went into their design and voice acting

On the other hand the writing is horrendous and they retcon/ruin the books/previous games
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (255KB, 1107x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
255KB, 1107x1079px
>>386994617
>One of the themes of the game is that nothing is black and white anon.

This is what Witcherfags actually believe...The endings and almost all major decisions are divided on good/bad. Get the ending where Radovid wins and tell me it's not the bad one

And the villain is edgy skeletor in darth vader voice.
>>
>>386994346
>Polish writing
Literally worse than any NTR doujin that is out there.
>>
>>386994346
What is this fuckin shit.
I've never read the actual witcher books only the cyberpunk and "truck magic" spin offs and he's nowhere of such cuckoldry levels.
>>
>>386995618
Yeah it's pretty embarrassing. At least now you know when people bring up the books positively they are either trolling or retarded. Mostly it's people who waifu Yen.
>>
>>386988926
If I asked you how long you've been on this board would you answer honestly or would you lie
>>
>>386994617
But then they fail that theme in some cases, who the fuck wrote the part where Djikstra thought Geralt would accept if he just murdered his friends.
>>
>>386994617
Yes yes the raping slave owning murderers treat you very nice. They are still scum.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.