[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>only game in the series not directed by Miyazaki and was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

>only game in the series not directed by Miyazaki and was made by a b-team
>is easily the best game in the series and one of the best games of all time
How?
>>
>>386985961
You know this is going to start a 100+ post thread of shit-flinging and x>y>>>>>>Z shit; we've seen it a millon times before, so why fucking bother? It's not like you'll get anything new out of it for God's sake, it's been done.
>>
>>386985961
>made by a b-team
Here's the secret anon, the entirety of fromsoft is one big B team, they don't have an A team
>>
The A team is actually Japan Studio
>>
DS2fags need to be gassed.
>>
good for you, remember to sage before you post in these shit threads
>>
t. hbomberguy
>>
>>386985961
Awful bait, have a (You) out of pity.
>>
>>386985961
i'm playing it for t he first time right now and it's fun, except for forest of fallen giants
i almost quit there it's so boring and ugly
>>
>>386986538
Daily attention dose buddy. To these retards they "win" no matter what. If you reply you "fell for it" if you don't, then they're obviously right, since no one is disagreeing.
>>
>no retarded ragdoll physics
into the trash it goes
>>
The only good Souls game is Dark Souls 1.
Demon Souls was underveloped.
DS2 was a mess
>something something Iron Castle
DS3 felt like fanfic
>dude onion bro lmao!
>dude its Gwyn's theme music!
>DUDE DO YOU REMEMBER THIS THING FROM THE ((PREVIOUS)) GAME
Bloodborne is a good game tied to a fucking shit platform. Which hurts it a lot.
>>
File: 1441731245747.jpg (25KB, 497x272px) Image search: [Google]
1441731245747.jpg
25KB, 497x272px
ds2 was better than ds1.
>but muh ADP
sorry you can't be a havel with a fast roll anymore
>muh gank
sorry you cant walk behind an enemy and backstab him anymore
>muh level design
ds1 was god until you reached anal rodeo, after that all the bosses were shit and the level design was utter garbage
>muh humaniod boring boss fights
the best boss in ds1 was artorias and now you complain about humanoid bosses
>muh slow tactical gameplay
>equip a fast weapon and a shield
>block
>attack
>roll
>attack
>muh o&s
just walk until you get a chance to attack

>muh recycled bosses
ds2 has insane bosses.
even the aged smelter demon was insane(the walk to him was shit but the boss was insane).
ds1 nostalgia fags can fuck off with their muh original.
the only thing ds1 was vastly superior to ds2 was the parry mechanic, since parrying in ds1 was piss easy and after my second playthrough i parried every enemy that was parryable.
also, let us not forget that ds2 had a MUCH bigger build variety than ds1.
>>
File: Howmany.png (113KB, 500x528px) Image search: [Google]
Howmany.png
113KB, 500x528px
>>386985961
Dark Souls 2 is shit.
>>
>>386986867
why is 1 better than 2?
>>
>>386988573
because 1 doesn't have:
shockwaves
bad levels
bad bosses
performance issues
farmable healing
>>
>>386986538
there's no arguing with them.
>>
File: 1501626411085.webm (2MB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
1501626411085.webm
2MB, 900x563px
>>386985961
>only game in the series not directed by Miyazaki
There's your answer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>>386988682
>shockwaves
<--

>bad levels
p much all of them with LI being the worst

>bad bosses
too many to list

>performance issues
blighttown

>farmable healing
humanity, twin humanity, blessing through box glitch
>>
>>386989162
>im-fucking-plying any of those count
holy shit 2cucks are delusional af KEK
>>
>>386988682
>shockwaves
yes it does
>bad levels
everything after sens is trash
>bad bosses
pinwheel, bed, that one giant fire dude, gwyn, that one vagina dragon and probably a few more but i cna't remember since i havn't played ds1 in the past 2 or 3 years
t. finished ds1 at leat 10 times, not counting challenge runs
>performance issues
oh come on, you know that this isn't the truth, ds2 on ps3 has fps issues and on x360 it has screen tearing issues, but ds1 had issues all over the place. let us not even talk about blighttown
>farmable healing
longer challenge walks to the bosses, also you don't have to use them. i finished my first run without using lifegems since i thought they were rare and i was just used to using estus so that point isn't an argument.
>>
>>386985961
I'm crying of laughter
>>
>playing next game in the series
>the game is easier and now trying to court the casual fans
>so many checkpoints now throughout the game
>level design is worse doesn't have looping shortcuts anymore
>monsters are just place willy-nilly with no regards to lore
>a room with just a ton of enemies instead of actual hard enemies
>bosses aren't as fun anymore
This is actually how I felt when I went from Demon's Souls to Dark Souls. So if you hate Dark Souls 2, you probably started the series when casuals started talking about it. As for me, I think it pretty much combined the best parts of Dark Souls and Demon Souls together.
>>
(1/2)

Before I say this, I want to establish my credentials. I'm an owner and longtime player of the souls series, and have owned and put hundreds and hundreds of hours into each game from demon souls to bb to ds3. So I am a seasoned souls player

This is 100% not a troll on my part just my completely honest opinion and some may disagree but I am saying the truth in my eyes... now that this is clear, OP is right. Dark souls 2 is the OVERALL best souls game out there.

Starting with demons souls, it's a fantastic game and I have nothing bad to say about it, but simply put, there is more content in ds2 over demon souls.. dark souls 1 has the BEST LORE of all souls games hands down. This is a fact. The gods and the dlc makes you want to go on YouTube and search all the information about each God and goddess and it really sucks you into the game.. HOWEVER, this does not = gameplay..

In ds3, you have more content than both demon and ds1, however the lore is less great. Where DS2 shines is the pvp. I truly 100% believe the pvp is more balanced than any other. By this, I mean that I have created a faith build, a magic build, dex, str, spammer, ranger, turtler, heavy weapons faith turtle, dex straight sword magic spammer, dual crossbow wrath of gods spammer, and EVERYTHING in between. For almost any of these builds you can almost always add a few pyro spells to add some depth and range to your build of choice as well.

BB is great but the gameplay is drastically different that it's almost unfair to compare to the souls series. BB requires more reflexes and you can say, attention to the games movements. However, this does not compare to the slower paced YET more thoughtful movements and attacks required in the souls series. I have nothing bad to say about BB, just that it isn't my PERSONAL preferred style of game over the souls series, so don't flame me here.
>>
>>386989971

(2/2)

Here's where it gets good. I dislike ds3. There, I said it. The maps are great and one thing that will always stick to me is the snowy bridge where you fight the wolf this. It's a GORGEOUS game. But oh my is the pvp a mess.. The plethora of builds that makes ds2 amazing is inexistent in ds3. In ds3 there are now two ways to make a build, at least when you play at my level (not bragging here but I'm decent at these games due to
having owned every single one and dumping so much time into them). So at my level the two builds are:

1) Parry Parry Parry - 1 hit kill
2) DLC weapon spam

The game is a parry fest and ruins all fun in it. I can parry very well, but I hate having to make an original build into a parry build once I hit a certain level of competence. This happens to. Every. Build. Shields are broken, magic and faith are trash, range is weak.. If you simply don't parry you lose..

Second, the DLC weapons are OP. I hope I don't have to explain this but they are leagues higher than the base games weapons and further kills builds.

Bottom line is, PVP is either not as good or straight trash due to no variety of builds such as in ds3. Ds2 is far from perfect, but the lore is okay, the pvp is great and the build variety is fantastic, and at the end of the day, the multiplayer gameplay is why we keep playing. This is why ds2 is the best. There is simply so much more replay value than the stale "meta" in ds3
>>
File: 1463257322638.gif (3MB, 377x372px) Image search: [Google]
1463257322638.gif
3MB, 377x372px
>>386989278
>delusion is a spell in 2 but a fanboy affliction in 1
>>
File: 1501628141155.webm (3MB, 896x504px) Image search: [Google]
1501628141155.webm
3MB, 896x504px
>>386989949
>DeS

wew lad
>>
Why is DS2 the best rated dark souls game?
>>
>>386990267
https://youtu.be/kNkxuWS62JA

The Souls series is actually easy once you know what you're doing
>>
>>386990267
need to be set to night at the roxberry
>>
DS3 > rest
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.