[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've literally never been on /v/ before. What is the consensus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: DOS.jpg (276KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DOS.jpg
276KB, 1920x1080px
I've literally never been on /v/ before.
What is the consensus on pic related and how are you feeling in anticipation of the sequel?
>>
>>386977637
>excellent combat
>subpar writing

seems to be the consensus

i agree on the combat system and i also like the whimsical Larian storytelling, the reason /v/ dont tend to like the lore is because they love grimdark edge like Darksouls
>>
kiddynity unoriginal sin is not an rpg game, it's not
It's a co-op console game made with retards in mind
terrible writing,shit story, circus music, shitty visual direction, bad jokes and kind fun but easy to exploit combat system

play kiddynity if you want to have fun with your console buddy while drinking some beer or smoking weed
>>
>>386977637
GOTY when it came out, enjoy it and ignore autists like >>386978790
>>
DoS is nothing but shit
bad writting, terrible lolsorandum humor, terrible lore, shitty cicrus music, nothing is serious, no rp options, clunky ,easy as fuck gameplay, shitty visuals
>>
>>386977789
Dark Souls isn't very grimdark. It's just mostly void of hope.
>>
>>386979227
>>386978790

epic samefagging, you newfaggot.
We get it, you fucking autist, you don't like the game because you are fucking 2edgy4me
>>
Good gameplay, bad difficulty curve, terrible pacing, bad lore, aesthetics and writing and really mediocre soundtrack.

When the fuck is the second game leaving EA? I'm willing to give it a second chance since the core gameplay was really solid and they only had to improve the superficial shit.
>>
The UI is unpleasant and unresponsive. It doesn't immediately respond to clicks. Sometimes this means stupd deaths, such as when combat mode ends and some of your
characters are Poisoned or Burning, I frantically look for the guy with the counter and click it, and it won't respond --> die. This is stupid. It's also unpleasant even when not lethal.

Character-buliding is one-dimensional. It''s either Strength, Dex/Ranged, Dex/Melee, or Intelligence, with a little bit of variation in them and the possibility to salt it up a bit by putting one pip in a complementary skill (e.g. aerotheurgy for a knight, for greater mobility, or rogue for a ranger, for speed and invisibility).

The attribute system is so dumb it might as well not be there. The only attributes that matter are (primary) and Speed. Pump anything else, and you'll fall behind on (primary), which will lock you out of your level's best gear/lengthen your ability cooldowns, which means you're gimped. (Okay, very late in the game there's a little wiggle room, but still.)

The loot system is awful, terribad, no-good, depressing, like straight ouf of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Randomly-generated, level-locked loot and a crafting system that trivialises any weapons and armour you might find. It turns this whole aspect of the game into a tedious, soul-crushing grind, when it should be one of the main drivers of it. For one thing, there's no way to build around items since the items are random, bland, and throwaway.
>>
Puzzles. Uniformly bad, tedious, pointless time sinks. They're either pixel-hunting for a hidden switch, interacting with random shit until something happens or you find a clue, or meticulously working through combinations, or idiotically applying the same technique over and over again. Yeah, teleporting a Sentinel out of the way was cool when I discovered it the first time. But the fifteenth time... augh, no. Autistic, boring, awful, terribad.

Mines. They. Are. Fucking. EVERYWHERE! And while there are lots of ways to deal with them, none of them are interesting or exciting. You can pump Perception on one of your characters and scout forward, which is tedious. You can use the Fireball targeting circle as a mine detector and Fireball itself as a minesweeper, which is also tedious. You can use Perception potions etc. etc. All of these approaches are boring, tedious, and really fucking unpleasant the gorillionth time around. I mean once, yeah, sure, but again, and again, and again, and again, everywhere. FFS people

Worldbuilding. As in, it's not even ethere. This isn't a fantasy world, it's a theme park, a random mishmash of elements thrown together, like an 11-year-old dungeon master in his first campaign.
(9) Writing. Bad. The humour is almost uniformly un-funny, again that prestigious and refined 11-year-old taste. As well as the mandatory loredumps in poorly-fastpainted cinematic interludes, books, and what have you. And you were complaining about Pillars' writing? Compared to this, it's fucking Dostoevsky and Raymond Chandler combined.
>>
Difficulty/level curve. The power curve in this game is steep, you literally go from zero to god. This puts serious constraints on the worldbuilding as (without level scaling) it will inevitably become a kind of a corridor; stray more than two ... maybe three levels or so off the path and you'll get clobbered. Also, Void Dragon notwithstanding, the difficulty doesn't keep up with the power curve -- after the early game, which was pretty hard, things got soporific fast. Only the final bossfight was kind of hardish for me, and as final bossfights go it wasn't /that/ hard -- and I was playing in Tactician mode, a level under the target, and didn't prep all that well.

Seriously people, if this is your idea of a great cRPG... I don't know what to think.
>>
Great game, /v/ hates it.
>>
>>386979289
Just like /v/
>>
>>386979623
I swear I've seen this response before. Do you literally have this saved so you can paste it in every dos thread?
>>
Holy fuck, it's true. You can't start a discussion about vidya unless you post obvious bait. I thought it was hyperbole.

Anyway, I'm hype for it. I just hope I can make a decent weapon and shield tank, it's one of my favorite builds. Right now, aggro management is almost nonexistent.
>>
>>386977637
/v/ liked it when it came out
nu-/v/ doesn't even play video games and isn't expecting anything from the sequel. If you want to actually discuss you should find a dedicated forum to whichever game you wish to talk about.

It's a decent game in its own right, though it has its flaws and evidently isn't for everyone.
>>
>>386977637
Nostalgia/10
It pleased the narrow audience it intended to reach.
>>
Everything but the gameplay was bad. Like, fucking every single thing, it's kind of amazing.
>>
>>386979614
Release date is September 14
>>
what is wrong with you people? this is a great game and I'm very excited for the sequel

The story does its job. I think the main appeal is the co-op and the combat which it does incredibly well. The ability to chat/argue/flirt between players was super neat.

/v/ should love this game but every thread is full of whiny autists who never played it and parrot whatever negativity they can because they enjoy complaining.

>>386979623
>>386979748
>>386979827
Now these are valid arguments. Mines everywhere and dying as soon as combat ends from poison sucked. a lot of the voice acting was infuriating as well. Im glad I played it though and hopefully the sequel fixes all these problems
>>
>>386977637
It's shit. Cringe-worthy """humour""" coupled with the fact that the """writers""" cannot write for shit and try to masquerade their utter ineptitude by making every conversation needlessly long without having any actual NPC personality depth makes the game an utter chore to play, unless you play it like a diablo clone, preferably with a buddy in coop.
>>
>>386980312
but *Wollfgraff has spotted a trap* was so pleasant to hear.
>>
>>386977637
Goty 2014
>>
>>386978790
>circus music
I thought I was the only one who was slightly irritated by the music. Seems all over the place at times
>>
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's really really bored by the writing. Can't stand it, I just want to do combat. Its not like I'm that averse to slow pace and lots of reading either since I'm a huge fan of the Kiseki series
>>
It's a simplified King's Bounty pretending to be a party-based RPG.
>>
>>386978790
>is not an rpg game
But there are different ways to solve quests, and you can develop your traits depending on your dialog choices.
>>
>>386977637
Great game, I even dare say it is the RPG of our times.

Sadly, when I got the second part of the game I decided to take a break. When I came back after two months, I had already forgotten what I was doing, why I had some items in my inventory, where to find specific things, and most of the plot. I found it hard to continue, and I didn't want to restart. A shame. But it's a great game, my only issue with it was when I wanted to move somewhere but I instead attacked someone, or when I tried to attack someone and instead moved to their side.
>>
i like the game but fuck off shill
>>
RED
ORANGE
YELLOW AND GREEN
THE FINEST VEGGIES CYSEAL'S EVER SEEN
>>
>>386983580
>Halibut, dick cheese, tomatoes...
>>
>>386978790
better head back to your superior borderlands game then
>>
>>386977637
Liked it and am excited for the sequel!
>>
I kinda liked how light hearted the whole setting was and even the humor. I actually laughed at the Ismashell mini-quest. Was a good change after playing Pillars of Eternity and its depressing and bleak world and writting. The game doesnt take itself too seriously and has many quest where your character ends up doing silly things, not a game for people looking for super serious experiences.
The combat is the best of any modern crpg.
>>
>>386977637
It's good, very good infact
Can't wait for divOS2 coming out soon honestly
>>
I'm highly upset that orcs aren't a playable race in 2. I might have been able to recreate the D&D party I have with my friends and play with them.
>>
>>386977637
I liked it. Combat and gameplay in general were great. Writing was a mess, but co-op fun made it easier to overlook.
OS2 looks like it'll be the best RPG in years.
>>
This is the first RPG of its type I've played. I usually stay away from the genre because real-time combat is shit, but I gave this a shot. It does a lot of weird things that make me constantly wonder if I'm playing it wrong, but I'll stick with it.
>>
>>386977637
It's not an RPG.
>>
It's great

Sequel is better but in early access
>>
>>386977637
they tried something new with the combat system in the first one and im happy they did enjoyed it alot 2nd ones a day 1 buy
>>
>>386980862
That's because the composer was dying from cancer and had to use a shitload of songs from older Divinity games.
>>
File: mature games.jpg (74KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
mature games.jpg
74KB, 620x465px
>>386978790
>>
>>386977637
It's been pretty fun so far, just been going around the first town. I really like how the game handles two players in an RPG, we just came from NWN which locks you in the convo someone else is having every single time. Handling them as two seperate characters in the world who have actual conversations is fucking refreshing. Combat is a bit confusing now that the difficulty is kicking in, don't really have a feel for how strong we are compared to the enemies.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.