[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought Prey. Is ammo plentiful in the game? Don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Just bought Prey.

Is ammo plentiful in the game? Don't want to get stuck because I wasted unnecessary ammo on enemies.
>>
It's a 2016 game, it's not going to be hard
>>
>>386969295
Seriously, nigger? Just play the fucking game.
>>
play the game and find out you fucking loser
>>
Not particularly, the wrench and gloo gun are useful for mimics and phantoms. Save pistol ammo for when you want to be stealthy. Eventually you will amass enough resources to craft whatever ammo you need.
>>
>>386969295
Not really.
Guns can become useless though if you're specced right.
>>
Just pick up whatever scrap you can spare room for and use those disintegration grenades and you'll have a surplus to craft.
>>
File: Prey 2017-05-08 19-08-44-30.webm (3MB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
Prey 2017-05-08 19-08-44-30.webm
3MB, 800x448px
>>386969295
Wrench is always loaded.
>>
>>386969609
How many times are you gonna post that .webm?
>>
>>386969858
Unsub if you don't like my content.
>>
Spend neuromods on inventory space and extra recycling yield early on and then you'll have enough crafting materials for bullets.

Don't waste bullets like a retard on mimics (gloo + wretch for those) and you shouldn't have problems.
>>
>>386969295
Yes, if you're willing to explore and carry everything until you get a recycler. Invest in extra inventory space early on.
>>
>>386969947
post something fresh.
>>
>>386969609

Can you turn off individual HUD elements? Seeing all the healthbars, damage feeds etc. wrecks immersion.

It looks kind of fun, but cluttered HUD is fucking gross.
>>
Whatever happened to that HD system shock reboot?
>>
>>386970529
There's a mod on nexus which does this, it didn't exist at the time of the webm.
>>
>>386970663

Still being developed. You can go google it up and check the progress.

I am hesitantly interested in it.
>>
>>386970705

Thanks, anon. I might have to give this game a look.
>>
Early game, not so much.
Mid-game, it's plentiful. Well, ammo isn't, but materials to make it from are. Seriously, mid game and early-end game, you'll be swimming with resources.

End game... that absolutely depends on how wasteful you were and what upgrades and when you took.

Personally, because I intentionally gimped myself and was wasteful, the last few hours of the game were incredibly tense and challenging and super fun because I actually reached a point where resources became scarce again.
I suspect it's one of the reasons why I enjoyed the game much more than others - because I actually had proper difficulty curve (well, not proper, it was more like a reverse bell curve, but at least the game challenged me at the end where it mattered most).

There are mods and upgrades that can very easily trivialize resource management in anything beyond early game. Namely recycler yields and weapon/damage focused mods, later on the combat-psy mods too.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.