[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this game is good but is there any recent crpg you folks would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: 41893_1.jpg (282KB, 1204x1500px) Image search: [Google]
41893_1.jpg
282KB, 1204x1500px
this game is good

but is there any recent crpg you folks would recommend me over it?
>>
Most people on /v/ will call it mediocre and state it has an average story, but I found to having great gameplay and world and story. Although I have a feeling most people on /v/ doesn't get to the end of pillars of eternity to understand the point of it all.
>>
I loved it too, OP. It's my favorite recent-is cRPG, but I haven't played all that many new ones.
>>
>>386968783
Underrail.
>>
Pillars of Eternity comes out for PS4 later this month, look into that OP.
>>
File: PoE statchecks.png (60KB, 1523x393px) Image search: [Google]
PoE statchecks.png
60KB, 1523x393px
>>386968783
PoE or Underrail. Expeditions Viking is criminally underrated too. W2 is great roleplaying wise, it has shitloads of quests with shitloads of alternative solutions that depend on your character skills, but it suffers from a fucking primitive combat system.

Overall, PoE is the best computer RPG released after New Vegas, it is the complete package, as it has both roleplaying and challenging encounter design coupled with a great combat system.
>>
Pillars of Eternity is pretty much the only good alternative
>>
>>386970790
>New Vegas
Opinion discarded. It's just a slightly better written but more buggy FO3 with a worse map.
>>
Pillars of Eternity is real good.
>>
>>386970740
>Playing PoE on a controller
Sounds like absolute hell
>>
>>386968783
Pillars of Eternity
Tyranny
Underrail
Divinity Original Sin 1 & 2
>>
>>386969240
I found the story to be just fine, the problem was i was bored of the combat pretty fast.
>>
>>386971276
WAHHHH HE SAID NEW VEGAS

kek
>>
File: shadowrun wasteland.jpg (54KB, 942x307px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun wasteland.jpg
54KB, 942x307px
>>386971931
>>386970740
>>386970871
>>386971768
>>386968783
Terrible

All of the games mentioned in this thread fucking suck
>>
Does underrail have much of a story?
>>
>>386972965
Underrail has a poorly written story by some Eurotrash with a bad understanding of English.

Wasteland 2 isn't great, but at least it was written for American audiences.
>>
Dragonfall is what I'd consider the best of all these kickstarter crpgs. It is really short and linear but the writing and characters resemble Bioware/Obisidian games in their prime.

I haven't played Expeditions Viking, but Conquistador was great and I assume it is more of the same.
>>
>>386973382
>Dragonfall is what I'd consider the best of all these kickstarter crpgs. It is really short and linear but the writing and characters resemble Bioware/Obisidian games in their prime.

No they don't FUCK YOU NIGGER ITS FUCKING TERRIBLE
>>
>>386973434
Nah, Dragonfall is pretty well written and I'm saying this as a hardcore Obsidian fan. The problem with Dragonfall and all other HBS Shadowrun games is that the combat in these games is an utter joke: 99% of enemies are trash mobs with 1 (one) action point, who are incapable of moving and shooting on the same turn.
>>
File: shadowcuck.jpg (67KB, 527x391px) Image search: [Google]
shadowcuck.jpg
67KB, 527x391px
>>386973890
I'm fine with simple combat like Fallout 1 or 2, but the new Shadowrun games don't make it satisfying

The new Shadowrun games were specifically made for phones and phone audiences, where you don't have to do a lot of thinking or exploring.
>>
File: JUST kot.jpg (20KB, 252x212px) Image search: [Google]
JUST kot.jpg
20KB, 252x212px
>nu-/v/ hates New Vegas now
>>
what's the combat like in those new shadowrun titles?
>>
>>386968783
Any news on Wasteland 3?
>>
>>386974298
>what's the combat like in those new shadowrun titles?
Turn based with a party of 4, two weapons and some 3-4 active skills per character. It's pretty primitive, but serviceable. The real problem lies in the brain-dead encounter design.
>>
>>386974225
It was always overrated. The amount of cognitive dissonance NV fags are under to claim NV is "the best cRPG" while simultaneously saying FO3 is the worst is absolutely staggering.
They're almost the same fucking game, NV is effectively an expansion, most of the original flaws remain and the improvements to writing, while notable, aren't so dramatic to completely turn the mediocre game around.
>>
>>386974298
Like the pen and paper game with a tablet interface. I found it interesting and some parts really refreshing, but it suffers from being simple and repetitive. Dragonfall makes up for it by being so short that you don't mind the repetition too much.
>>
File: NV vs FO3.jpg (552KB, 1625x2319px) Image search: [Google]
NV vs FO3.jpg
552KB, 1625x2319px
>>386974492
>They're almost the same fucking game
Go to bed, Todd.
>>
File: Fallout-3-large-111.jpg (346KB, 1100x618px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-3-large-111.jpg
346KB, 1100x618px
>>386974492
That's not true at all. FO3 is pants on head retarded, while New Vegas remedies that ten fold. Fallout 3 would have these interesting characters like Jotun, but ultimately didn't do shit with them. New Vegas never has this problem.

Graphically, there's nothing they could have done.
>>
>>386968783
Underrail, Age of Decadence and Divinity are the only good ones that have come out recently.
>>
>>386974298
Take the new XCOM game and remove all the difficulty. It would be an alright system if there were more options, but its basically stick to cover and use burst/long range weapons while the braindead AI walks into your trap, because most of the spells are simply not any better than shooting enemies other than healing or the speed buff (which is obscenely broken thanks to how the game handles action points).
>>
>>386975094
They have to make the combat shitty and easy because they always force you down a combat path. You can't roleplay someone non violent and skipping the hard combat stuff.
>>
>>386974821
Lots of misleading "facts" in that bullshit, clearly biased chart. For instance, New vegas has more "locations", yes. Which actually means they put more map markers on the map in places with nothing interesting, and their map is about a third smaller than FO3's covered in invisible walls. By contrast, FO3 was full of unmarked locations.

>>386974875
If in New Vegas you can convince a robot to let you pass by yelling numbers at it, then why is convincing a sentient computer to fuck off somehow "wrong"?

Oh, right. Because it's okay when Obsidian does it.
>>
>>386975207
They should have combined decker with rigger or just done away with the class entirely since its basically the root of the problem. All the other classes are capable of combat and it'd be the players own fault if he dumped everything into the social stats.
>>
>>386975335
nah ur btfo, fuck off
>>
>>386975335
>then why is convincing a sentient computer to fuck off somehow "wrong"?

Cause it's the big bad villain of the game. Context you ignorant boob.

It'd be like if in Fallout 1 you told The Master the answer to the universe was 42 and he blew up. That would be fucking retarded.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.