[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was the best gta, prove me wrong. >light hearted but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: x3tTFra.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
x3tTFra.png
2MB, 1600x900px
This was the best gta, prove me wrong.

>light hearted but dark atmosphere
>nasty druggy soundtrack
>big city
>best protagonist
>>
I won't because you're right.
>>
>shitty graphics
>map isn't even the size of elwynn forest
>silent protagonist
>bad story
>only good thing was the radio humor

"Those who behold the past, have no care for the future, and should be destroyed for their promotion of human degeneracy."
>>
>>386962010

The graphics arent that bad for its time, I always thought this era of gta had a lot of charm
>>
>>386960796
It has the best atmosphere in my opinion, but some gameplay restrictions make me unsure if it's the best.
>>
>>386960796
I used to love this game. It was the first GTA I ever played, I was probably like 6 or 7 at the time.

but for some reason I can't feel nostalgia for it or even make myself play it anymore really. I wish I could
>>
>>386960796
I could've appreciated it more if this was the first one that I played. But since I was fairly late into getting the PS2 (got it on 2003) my first was Vice City so there was really no reason to go back to the mechanically inferior game. Played it a couple of years later on Android though
>>
>>386962010
>bad story
Payback is a great movie
>>
i have more nostalgia for sa but 3 was also good. never played vc. 4 sucked and was slow as hell. 1 was fun and quite challenging. i played a modified 1 in a forensics lab. what even is gta2? V i dont really care about, the online seems odd
>>
>>386960796
Not the best, but it will always hold a special place in my heart. Was the first GTA game I played and one of the first PS2 games that I played the shit out of. The Scarface soundtrack station & the rap station were good, other than that I can't say the soundtrack was as good as any of the others. VC and SA had the best soundtracks, no contest. SA is probably the best overall because of what it did for the series in terms of improvements & the scale of the game.
>>
>>386962010
>shitty graphics

Literally looks better than San Andreas
>>
>>386960796

where is this in the city? i dont recognize it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKSh-u9fd6s
>>
>>386966062
you can ignore the online in 5 just fine
>>
>>386967247
>t.new/v/
>>
File: gta 3.jpg (171KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
gta 3.jpg
171KB, 800x640px
I have fond memories of 3, but some of the missions were pure trial & error bullshit.

Still some of the best radio stations and city atmosphere the series has to offer though
>>
>play taxi sidemission
>map is so small that you're just driving between the same five points the whole time

lol
>>
I tried to play it again recently but my fucking god - the npcs honking at you is fucking relentless. Once you hear it it never ends
honk
honk
honk
>>
>>386967589
I replayed the game recently and every mission was ridiculously easy. really as a kid stuff seems harder since you don't have as good awareness/coordination
>>
>>386962010
>game from 2001 has dated graphics
I'm shocked
>>
File: 1484484925897.png (295KB, 626x743px) Image search: [Google]
1484484925897.png
295KB, 626x743px
>>386960796
Personally, I think the 3 from IV are the best protags in the series. Well, until they arbitrarily cucked Johnny in V.

IV really has some of the best atmosphere, even if I do prefer the 80's aesthetic.
The only reason I think people would prefer 3 over IV is either the lack of detail in 3 that leaves room for your imagination, or they were too focused on the macro in IV.

Go play IV maxed out on PC, take your time enjoying some of the little details, take a walk through some of the industrial areas.

IV also has some bitchin jazz.
>>
>>386968372
wrong image...
>>
>>386968372
>Go play IV maxed out on PC, take your time enjoying some of the little details, take a walk through some of the industrial areas

I would if the game ran at an acceptable framerate, I'd get drops from 60 down to 20-30 when making fast camera movements, virtually unplayable.

On top of that I hated Niko as a character, his voice actor not being able to pronounce a single sentence in serbian correctly also triggered me beyond belief.
>>
>>386967526
of course, i dont really game anymore though, i wonder where people get the time?
>>
>get instantly killed because I drive through the mafia part of town and my car gets assraped with shotguns
>>
>>386960796
I honestly think that all GTA games are objectively great. I played and enjoyed all of them, most of them multiple times and there is not a single bad game in the franchise, maybe except for the spinoffs like Advance or London
>>
>>386960796
San andreas and vice city totally destroy this relic.
>>
>>386968592
I don't speak slav so I wasn't bother by it.
At least it sounds a million times better than the fake Russian accents you hear on TV and in most movies.

It's been awhile but I think there was a mod to improve that performance issue. IIRC the game only renders shit in front of your camera so if you do a quick 180 it can wreck performance.
>>
>>386967247
I can recognize it just by looking at the thumbnail. It's Portland, on the big street separating Red Lights and Chinatown from Saints Marks, next to the metro station entrance.
>>
File: 1467931528686.jpg (44KB, 255x244px) Image search: [Google]
1467931528686.jpg
44KB, 255x244px
>>386968372
>GTA is a game series where you can mass murder innocents for no reason other than $$$ and lulz
>in GTA IV some idiot decided the main premise of the game to be about a depressed war veteran who complains about killing innocents despite the game allowing you to do so
Niko isn't a bad protag as per se, but he has nothing to do in a GTA game. Imagine a war game where the protagonist complains about being a soldier all day long. It's just boring.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.