[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did they rush this game? It came only a year later from Bloodborne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: ds3-ps4.jpg (287KB, 500x627px) Image search: [Google]
ds3-ps4.jpg
287KB, 500x627px
Did they rush this game? It came only a year later from Bloodborne and the whole game feels like recycled hybrid of Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne and lacks content.
>>
>>386958787
I wouldn't really say it lacks content with the DLCs.
>>
>>386958787
I don't think it was rushed or that it had cut content, but I think it had less ambitions than the previous entries, perhaps to give more polish to on a tighter schedule. Despite being short, it was pretty consistent imo.
>>
>>386958787
well yeah they made it from bloodborne scraps. They even recycled so much stuff from DS1 because they couldnt been bothered to make up a unique storyline
Be glad its at least not as halfassed as DS2
>>
>>386958787
Well I found it fucking boring.

I've played DeS, DS1, DS2 and I couldn't for the life of me get past the intro because the gameplay was just so stale and boring.

I started bloodborne after and I'm enjoying that alot more though.
>>
Every game in the series was rushed except bloodborne and demons
>>
>>386958787
Love this series but I can't even bring myself to finish the final DLC because it's become so boring and stale, also >MUH SWAMPS
>>
>>386960096
but I played like 65 hours with the DLC and I still haven't beaten Midir. by comparison I put at most 30-40 hours in DeS and DaS1 (with the DLC)

granted this time around I messed with the online a bit after playing previous titles completely offline so maybe it's from that. IDK how much I played DaS2 but I remember it taking the longest by far, but not due to more content, just lots of enemies everywhere with no pacing that filled up your time if you fucked up
>>
>>386958787
They sold the last level as DLC. What does that say? They clearly didn't have time and had to use the DLC as a way of selling the last levels as additional purchases, just like DS2.
>>
File: stair1.webm (3MB, 534x300px) Image search: [Google]
stair1.webm
3MB, 534x300px
>>386958787
Is this shit a common glitch or is my game fucked? That knight even started flying the second time I went there.
>>
I have 95 hours on one char and havent got the DLC yet
>>
>>386961525
Oh yeah the multi is much more fun and addictive than the previous games, but in term of actual content (bosses, areas etc) it is shorter, albeit more polished than previous entries, that's what I meant. Going to the end boss is a shorter path than for DaS (yeah I know after lord vessel it's mostly dog shit but that's not really the point)
I played a bit less than Das due to fatigue for the genre, but still for 200h because of the multiplayer is so goddamn fun.
I agree with DaS 2, it really feels like a drag and even if it has some good parts, you really have to work for them
>>386961779
Never seen that but given the precedents of the series it isn't surprising
>>
>>386961779
I didn't encounter it but I don't remember acctualy pulling him that far
>>
File: stair2.webm (3MB, 534x300px) Image search: [Google]
stair2.webm
3MB, 534x300px
>>386961779
>>386963240
>>386963283
I guess I just have bad luck in this games. Something similar happened in bloodborne too, but I didn't record it.
>>
>>386963240
also for DeS I'll admit I cheated and just turned off my ps3 when losing a boss battle which would spawn you back at the entrance full HP so that probably cut off 5 hours of my play because really only firelurker and armored spider gave me any trouble in that game
>>
I think it was alright. The biggest flaw with 2/3 is that they didn't really make anything new. They never raised the bar so to speak.
>>
>>386958787
Its a from software game, yes it was rushed
>>
>>386963956
I liked the anime weapons 3 introduced
>>
>>386961779
It's happened to me a couple times, must be a fairly common occurrence.
>>
>>386961237
This. All Dark Souls games are butchered contractual obligations to Bamco.
>>
>>386963910
It's alright anon, firelurker is a bitch.
No problems with the maneaters ? They fucked with me so hard.
>>386963810
Welp time for you to see an exorcist anon. You may be cursed
>>
>>386964291
I just played the game in world order and by the time I got to 3-2 I was pretty leveled up, so even though I played a noobish shield + 1h build and didn't really become all that good I managed to beat the first maneater before the second was any trouble. proud to say did them on my first try too, probably my best souls achievement considering how many people struggled with them
>>
>>386958787
>>386958892
It's 'shorter' in that it fundamentally lacks wealth of options in ways to play the game.

Honestly it's pretty telling people only judge Dark Souls 3's length by how long it takes to complete the game once. This cannot and never will be fixed by adding more levels.

Your experience with the game is what's completed early. The list of how many flavors the game offers combat in, is short. Combat is very strict in DaS3 in regards to what's promoted and what isn't, and in any comparison to other titles in the series; compared to most things with the title 'action RPG'.

It would need:

>More chests early game

As of now like 90% of the early game is spent with a longsword or axe. Anything else you bought from NPCs in firelink shrine or farmed from enemies at low drop rates. Add more chests. Give the world some reason to be explored, with items that compliment more builds and allow the player to actually experience the game as something new.

>A complete rework of the stamina system and damage tables

Lower the insanely high base resistances (this made even worse by armor having fairly decent elemental resistances) so spells and miracles can actually do damage. The problem doesn't even warrant changing the damage of spells themselves.

>Larger base movepools on weapons. Weapons should actually be different apart from weapon arts.

>Complete rework of level layout

The game can be sequence broken... in the sense that paper can withstand water. How many optional levels are just dead-ends? How many extra paths are blocked or crumbled The game and world immersion would be massively improved by changing simple things.

Fix the bridge from undead settlement to farron keep. The giant dead dragon in the way doesn't make me want farron keep out of the way early any less. It doesn't help gameplay to be broken. Make Catacombs of Carthus optional. If all else fails, make Undead Settlement the first level instead. More options from the beginning that way.
>>
>>386964992
but I got the uchigatana 3 hours in
>>
>>386961237
>demons
>not rushed

Did you forget the missing archstone?
>>
File: 1495935950282.jpg (52KB, 778x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495935950282.jpg
52KB, 778x960px
>>386964638
I can see how it can happen. Sometimes you're just lucky and breeze through a boss. Sometimes on the first time you manage to down the boss to 90% and dying 10 seconds in every other attemps.
I had the same with capra demon, dancer of the boreal valley too
Wish I had for O&S because they were massive cunts.
Good for you that you didn't suffer through man eaters.
>>
>>386965253
>He didn't get the Lothric Knight UGS 5 hours in
>>
>>386958787
I think it may have been.
There's a lack of attention to detail, there are a fair few glaring bugs still in the game, there are some obviously removed mechanics with traces still obviously in the game, and the design seems like it was laid out in such a way that it could be accomplished in a minimal time if necessary.
It seems at least planned out in comparison to Dark Souls 2 which is a catastrophe that clearly went off the rails if it even had any but it still gives the strong impression of being rushed.

>>386964992
>add more chests
This would be brilliant because it would balance out the fact that just about every chest in this game is a mimic.
>Complete rework of level layout
Definitely this. Having the hub connect to anything is a basic necessity in Dark Souls games at least.
>>
>>386965540
also IIRC I had a lava bow (or just a really upgraded short bow) by then which I think helped (?) been a while since I played. but the usefulness of the lava bow even as a low dex build convinced me to go full dex in the other games, albeit I played the zwei half way thru DaS1 because it was satisfying as fuck until I used dupes to respec to a dex build + uchi
>>386966000
ja, but I would have just used the uchi or some other katana for the rest of the game if not for getting farron's
>>
>>386958787
worst game in the series
>>
File: namelessking2_tc.jpg (492KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
namelessking2_tc.jpg
492KB, 1920x1080px
>>386958787
reminder this is the worst game design boss i ever seen in this game.
i understand why he is in the optionnal zone.
>>
>>386965490
>remastered edition with the restored archstone will literally never exist

sad part is it wouldn't even be hard to implement
>>
Sure as fuck they did
Less stats
Less weapons
Less depth
Less places to visit
The most linear since Demon's Souls
Forgettable "story"
Nonsense setting
Underwhelming endings
Awful DLCs with the exception of some places and some stuff
The most expensive to date on Steam
No dynamic lightning like 2
Enemies have no stamina and spam the same move instantly
No Poise
No damage reduction at all, that leads to little pool of builds
No secrets to find
Not even chests, and if there are, 99% are Mimics because LOL MEMECS AM I RIGHT
Worst PVP in the franchise

Gael and Soul of Cinder were awesome fights though. Will never ever touch it again.
>>
>>386966750
I would take a simple 60fps PS4 port of DeS at this point
>>
>>386967179
emulator might bring it to 60fps. idk how it will behave though
>>
>>386967179
just get the pc version
>>
/v/ is supposed to be a board for videogames enthusiasts and hardcore gamers, and yet at any given time it is possible to see multiple threads about Dark Souls, a series infamous in the sector for being the one that most widely caters to the taste of casual and occasional gamers.

Now, I don't see any threads on /tv/ about series like Modern Family or Grey's Anatomy, despite both being some of the most popular TV series airing, and that's because the userbase is mature enough to either not watch those programs clearly aimed at a completely different audience than the film enthusiasts who browse it, or to realize that discussing them is out of place in a site dedicated to enthusiasts of particular interests like 4chan is.

On the other hand, Dark Souls threads plague /v/ constantly, and are some of the worst threads on the board in the matter of quality of posts. This, of course reflects the immature and non-internet-savy nature of the average Dark Souls fan, which is not and could ever not be a videogames enthusiasts, so these threads pose an actual nuisance to the actual hardcore gamers that wished to discuss their hobby with likeminded individuals on /v/. They are also known falseflagggers, shitposters and general console warriors, further decreasing the quality of content on the board.

My proposal to solve this issue, which is arguably one of the root causes for the current state of /v/, is to ban any user that mentions anything related to Dark Souls, be it games, lore or DLCs. I'm sure that the quality of the board would increase tremendously, as the moderation makes clear that Dark Souls fans are not welcome on /v/, driving them away from the userbase in a permanent manner, thus removing the main source of bad content on the board.

Feel free to discuss how long the ban should be, I advocate a 3 days ban for first offenders and then a permanent ban for repeat offenders.
>>
File: 1500098329677.jpg (49KB, 354x352px) Image search: [Google]
1500098329677.jpg
49KB, 354x352px
>>386971151
Get a fucking hobby.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.