[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old are you /v/? Do you think you'll ever outgrow and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 350
Thread images: 82

How old are you /v/? Do you think you'll ever outgrow and get tired of video games before or in your 30s or in your 20s?
>>
>>386954085
I'll always game but I do it less and less now.
>>
>>386954693
This. With a wageslave job, it's been harder to play every day.
>>
I think it's happening to me now. im gonna be 29 soon
>>
>>386954085
Only reason I'll play less games is if I'm working more. I literally don't find any other hobbies appealing.
>>
>>386954085
32. I don't think I will outgrow games, and even learned to animate so I can work on indie game projects.
>>
>>386954085
I actually enjoy looking into and talking about games more than playing them now. When I get off work, I just don't feel like playing games for hours on end. I played 30 minutes of Hollow Knight in the last three weeks and that's about it. Sure, I'll have bursts of interest every few months in something, but it's always fleeting. I wish I liked games as much as I used to.
>>
No, but it kind of comes and goes in periods as it is depending on how much work I have or if I got some time-consuming project going on. Play casually a few hours here and there normally, sometimes a week passes without vidya, sometimes the weekends are total binges if there is some release I'm excited about. If I ever start a family, which seems increasingly unlikely as I'm approaching 30, I'd likely not have any time for vidya anymore. Rather happy to remain on my own really.
>>
>>386955023
Go back and play older games you enjoyed. I was stagnating a bit recently but now I'm replaying Warcraft 2 and 3 and having a blast.
>>
>>386954085
>Do you think you'll ever outgrow and get tired of video games before or in your 30s or in your 20s?
Nah, but your time gets limited and your standards go up a bit. You get more selective. A lot of games merely waste a bunch of your time and repeat the same stuff you've seen over the last several decades. I do find it amusing how people on /v/ will rally against mobile games or VNs and then turn around to play the same sort of JRPG, the same sort of western RPG, and the same FPS that they have played since 2000. I mean, sure, if you just want something entertaining and a time waster, that's fine. But stop pretending like your pointless waste of time is any better than someone else's.

Most of the reason I haven't played through my large backlog is just because most of it doesn't feel like it's worth playing through. Don't bother starting a backlog. There will always be new games which are just as good as the ones you are considering picking up.
>>
>>386954085
I'm 24 and still a neet, I guess the day I'll stop playing video games will be the day I'm homeless
>>
28. If I play anything at all it's usually Oblivion or SNES games I loved as a child.
>>
>>386954085
I will turn 30 this year. I have a steady job and game mostly after work or in the Weekends. What i noticed is i do less and less online. The annoying crowd of teenagers with way more experience and time to sink in the game mechanics than me are frustrating. If nothing drastic changes i will game until i die.
>>
>>386954085

I think I'm about to start playing less because I start a PhD program in 9 days. I hope it's not as time consuming as some say, because I don't want to lose my hobbies.
>>
>>386956419
>PhD program
>not time consuming
Are you kidding me?
>>
I'm 40. I run my own game dev company. Play games daily.
>>
Probably switch to more puzzle games as my reflexes blunt
>>
File: animefriend.jpg (63KB, 256x886px) Image search: [Google]
animefriend.jpg
63KB, 256x886px
>>386954085
>>
>>386956496
It will obviously be time consuming. I just hope it doesn't exceed 70 hours of work a week, because then your life starts to vanish.
>>
>>386954085
26, probably won't get bored of vidya until my eyesight and reaction times are total shit. My dad is 61 and still plays so I'm not very worried.
>>
>>386954085
Nearing 30. Still game almost daily, even teaching, coaching, wife and 3 daughters.

The "outgrow games" thing is just a meme.
>>
>>386954085
32, while my taste in games has changed, I see no reason to stop. I'll still be playing until I die. No more RPGs and slow slow empty games that eat up a lot of time doing nothing, I don't have TIME for that shit anymore. Give me fast action and drop-in drop-out matches.
>>
24 and I wish to god I could be 18 again. Also this is a tertiary thread.

How many of you routinely brag about your age and shit on people that are younger than you whenever you can, just because you can?
>>
File: free shrugs.png (159KB, 549x437px) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.png
159KB, 549x437px
>>386954085
31, and I'm actually better than I've ever been at games. I'll probably hit a wall of interest with competitive games, when my skills start to decline or my hands start to get all arthritic. I already have my long term investment RPG's for that though so not a big deal.
>>
23, I like to think that I'll game until I die in my 100s
>>
21, it's hard for me to say at this stage.
>>
>>386954085
30 and I'm never going to stop gaming, in fact I'm keeping money saved away to get some neato cyborg hands since my family has a history of arthritis. Hopefully by the time it hits me there are prosthetics that are at least close to the real deal.
>>
>>386957734
Godspeed.
>>
25. I'm enjoying games now more than ever.
>>
File: 20170729200841_1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170729200841_1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>386954085
I'm 33 and I still enjoy playing games although I have less time for them then I used to. My tastes have also shifted away from action games and more to strategy games and simulators.
>>
>>386954085
25, 26 next month, gf turned 26 2 months ago. Honestly i used to be kinda depressed and would just play vidya all day to fill the void. I also didnt have many freinds. But it seems like as i have become less depressed and have somewhat of a social life and love life that video games just dont have the same draw they used to. They are still enjoyable but i cant really sit and play for a few hours straight like i used to.

I guess this is growing up.
>>
>>386957841
fuck you
>>
63. I can remember playing Space Invaders and Asteroids when they were fresh in the arcades. You have no idea how big Pac-Man was.
>>
I'm 20 next month and I'm already bored of video games. I think I outgrew them at 17. 4chan is literally my only hobby at the moment, which is quite sad.
>>
>>386954085
23. My preferences changed drastically this last year. I used to love open world games, now I can't be bothered. Not playing as much as I used do and I'd like to be taken on creative ride rather than auistically explore everything myself for 100s of hours
>>
31 and no. I think I'll always be playing video games.
>>
>>386957892
?
>>
>>386956960
I'm 28. Being older is nothing to brag about. It's all downhill from 25.
>>
>>386957841
f-f-f-f-uck off. If i cant be happy there's no reason you should be. Does your gf even play games?
>>
File: IMG_1921.jpg (142KB, 749x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1921.jpg
142KB, 749x758px
28 years old, 29 in November

honestly i dont know if Ive ever enjoyed video games more than I do now. Between my PS4 and my 3DS, Im always playing 2-3 games at a time.
>>
File: 1419275327457.jpg (39KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1419275327457.jpg
39KB, 640x640px
>>386956629
ouch
>>
File: WL2.jpg (76KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
WL2.jpg
76KB, 480x432px
21 and education pretty much killed all my interest in playing videogames (i still talk about them). fuck, the only game i was able to complete recently was wario land 2 and that was because i was on vacation
>>
File: kds6pglkt4jy.png (290KB, 500x822px) Image search: [Google]
kds6pglkt4jy.png
290KB, 500x822px
>>386958006
sorry, I'm just a little jealous. I'm trying to get myself together and for some reason reading you say that about video games annoyed me. "growing up"

shit, I can barely stand to play games right now even though I still love them and this fucking sucks. I can't even play them to fill the void because it makes me feel like shit. I can't wait until I'm happy so I can actually enjoy my life again, including playing some video games.
>>
>>386954085
I fell into just playing games that do their niche very well and can't be bothered to play what most people seem to get excited over.
>>
>>386954085
stop making these shitty threads.
>>
31 next month. My taste in games is changing but I'll probably always play games.
>>
>>386954085
I'm 22 and only had energy for BOTW this year, I end up replaying old stuff and not new things
>>
>34
>NEET
>play between 1 and 2 hours a day on average

Honestly, even if I was a wagecuck, I'd still get in a few minutes a day. Games are a great way to unplug and relax. It's still less important to me now than when I was a kid because there's so much shit to do, to hear, to see, to read in the world, that wasting hours of your limited time on earth on videogames seems a bit pointless.
>>
>>386956629
>Meet sometime for the first time in a long time
>Instantly ask what anime they're watching
The autism is strong with this one
>>
don't you motherfuckers get sick of living your life the "right" way? fuck college and wage life.
>>
I'm in my 30s and so far I've not grown tired but my taste changed drastically. I can not handle badly written games or ones with shallow plot very well anymore, nor do I enjoy fast paced games as much - my reflexes have gotten slower. It has also gotten extremely hard to surprise me and everything seems like regurgitated garbage with very few innovative concepts every now and then. Marketing no longer works on me at all. I see something being hyped and quickly deconstruct any footage or claim to a point I cringe at reactions of kids who think something is hot shit just because someone tries to claim so.
I don't think I will grow out of the medium as it is until I have kids and try to spend time with them in a meaningful way, which video games are not, but I believe despite the market growing the amount of games I can enjoy has become less and less and I might run out new titles to try eventually.
I'm not spending a lot of time on /v/ anymore either. I open the catalog to press F5 a few times between checking other websites and all the tropes and reposts bore me and I leave until there's a new game I've not heard about or a thread with so many replies that I scroll through it for images or webms before moving on.
>>
>>386959030
I got made redundant about a month ago. I'm going to remain unemployed until I have no money left, working full time is hell. I'm enjoying my freedom to spend my days doing whatever the fuck I want.
>>
File: 1469951026205.png (314KB, 469x474px) Image search: [Google]
1469951026205.png
314KB, 469x474px
>all these 20-22-year-olds literal kids
4chan is for 28-year-olds and up.
>>
>>386958395
>"growing up"
sorry lol i was trying to be smart. the term "i guess this is growing up" is from a song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT0g16_LQaQ
>I can't wait until I'm happy
what is stopping you from being happy anon? Where does the sadness come from
>>
>>386959030
No, I enjoy having money to buy nice things and I've been both NEET and wagecuck, and while being NEET left more time for games being a wagecuck makes me not depressed about life for some reason. Also, my parents died while I was in college so if I hadn't been almost through I would have been fucked.
>>
>>386954085

Video games are as amazing as ever. I never get tired of 'em. I play at least a couple hours a day.
>>
Why do i procrastinate playing games I enjoy and instead waste all my time here?
>>
I'm 23 and pretty much stopped playing games and started watching anime like a year ago. I finish entire series in few nights.
My live never felt more pathetic than now
>>
>>386959186
I'm sorry to hear about your folks anon
>>
File: happy-man-looking-at-computer.jpg (28KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
happy-man-looking-at-computer.jpg
28KB, 640x435px

I don't even play games anymore, I just buy them
>>
I'm 27 and already outgrown them I'm just also an empty shell of a person and still 1-2 games to pass time but it's a stupid waste of a time and a shit hobby. Any hobby that involves mastering a skill of ANY kind is better.
>>
>>386954085
I'm 33. Still haven't stopped playing vidya, just moved from stuff that takes my full concentration to games that I can multitask with. Turn based strategies, real-time with pause (Paradox stuff mostly), turn based RPGs and so on. Too much stuff going on to get several hours of uninterrupted game time these days.
>>
I'm 26 and I think that in a way I can appreciate some aspects of games more than ever but I also understand that I need to have something more in my life than just passive entertainment. Same has happened to most of my other similar interests too, I used to spend whole days just listening to music and genuinely enjoying it very much but it's just not enough to fill the void anymore.
>>
>>386957959
This is the part where I would salute you if I had a proper image for it.
>>
>>386954085

31, I'm still into them though I have less time to play them. Working full time and having a 40+ mile commute to work makes time feel like to me its always singing 'GOTTA GO FAST'
>>
>>386958028

Fucking this. I'm 27.

>when you realise that being 25+ doesn't mean you are smarter at all
>if just means you now see things in a different light
>you also see how your thinking will change as you get older

It's about realising that you are not the center of the universe and this is both good and makes you more "adult" in grand scheme of things but also makes you utterly "depressed", or rather mellow.
>>
>>386954085
it already happened to me and i'm only 22
>>
26. already went through a period from 21-25 where i didnt play games at all.
>>
>>386956419
I stopped playing games altogether while in dental school but now I'm a dentist and have more time and money and have got back into it stronger than I have since I was in middle school. Just because you put a pause on your hobbies doesn't mean they're gone forever. Any doctoral program is a big life investment but if you power through it, it's worth it. Just remember that for those 4-6 years, your grades/scores do come first because if you fuck it up it's all for nothing.
>>
>>386954085
i'm 24 and nah i don't think i'll ever stop playing games
when you work full time it's harder to have time to play stuff but i still go out of my way to play video games
i think people really only "outgrow" games when they work full time and end up with a wife and kids, leaving them very little time to participate in what tends to be a solo experience
i'm not going to have a wife or kids though so i'm not really worried about it
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>yfw when you will be arguing on /v/ about Splatoon 10 and Mario Kart 20 when you're 50 years old
>>
>>386954085
No stupid. The song goes I know, I know, I let you down.
>>
File: HcVPvBP8.jpg (84KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
HcVPvBP8.jpg
84KB, 1252x1252px
>22
>trying to get back into college/trade, also missed Fall term
>Have a huge backlog
Did I fuck up? Is it already too late for me?
>>
>>386960386
>22
>too late
Lmao no nigga. Just live
>>
I'm 36, still love games, watch a buncha anime, hold a good job, have friends, a house and a wife. People judging you is all in your head, anons, in the real world, people have their own shit to worry about.
>>
>>386960678
Nah, I judge animefags
>>
>>386954085
I'm mid-thirties and only play Todd's games now.
>>
>>386960678
>watch a buncha anime, hold a good job, have friends, a house and a wife
sounds like most normal fags in my town,fuck off yes,watching anime is surprisingly pretty normal in this weird town i live in
>>
File: 1467519846681.png (301KB, 643x636px) Image search: [Google]
1467519846681.png
301KB, 643x636px
>>386960451
I just plan to lift until next semester and work. Thing is that i'm stuck in a shitty state where I have to pay, but college back home is free. I'm only staying cause Of my current gf.
Shes always depressed and she's an antisocial. I'm the complete opposite, but her depression is rubbing off on me. I think my whole life is fucked now only because I haven't gone to school/trade yet. Should I join the military? All I want is a comfy life to play Vidya, Lift, and make money that is decent.

Tldr; I'm lost in life.
Also my backlog is fucking huge. How many games do you have in your backlog anons?
>>
File: 1493327972068.png (143KB, 398x384px) Image search: [Google]
1493327972068.png
143KB, 398x384px
>>386960927
This. The older you get the more you realize Bethesda's games are the only ones worth playing.
>>
>>386960980
Shiit man, I'm an oldfag from the midwest. When I was a young man, all they gave a shit around here was football, so finding *one* motherfucker who liked the same shit you did was a godsend.

Luckily, the internet came around and kicked the doors down. Being an oldfag nerd was suffering.
>>
>>386954085
29 and barely have enough time/energy for games, but at least I have a job...

I often find myself playing/replaying older games, Disgaea, UT2004 etc...
>>
It's always people 26-35 who are most likely to parade their age to others.
>>
I play less now because my health is shit because I've been obese my whole life.
>>
File: twingi.png (207KB, 508x318px) Image search: [Google]
twingi.png
207KB, 508x318px
22 and no. I've picked up other hobbies along the way like cars and drawing and I still enjoy vidya. I don't think I'll stop until I physically can't play anymore
>>
>>386960980
Anime is pretty normal nowadays, at least here the first big weeb wave hit in the early 00s which means that those people are adults now. It's just one of the more nerdier interests now and generally nerdy interests don't seem to have the same stigma they used to have.
>>
30 and I don't think I'll ever stop playing video games.
>>
>>386961651
stop eating so much
>>
>>386961623
>thread specifically asking for age
>parading
I guess you can call it a parade though
>>
>>386954085
I don't think so
If anything I hope I get another hobby
>>
>>386962058
There are literally posters in this very thread shitting on others for being younger.
>>
File: 2011 v.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2011 v.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
I'm 25. I don't feel tired of video games, I still like and play them, but I do feel tired of 4chan. I have shitty willpower, so I keep coming here even though I tell myself not to.

I miss the days of 2011 when I was 19, and /v/ was fun.
>>
File: 1485629806797.png (154KB, 495x323px) Image search: [Google]
1485629806797.png
154KB, 495x323px

I don't think I'll ever outgrow games, but in general I was never interested in the most popular ones. I don't really play multiplayer games at all, I don't find them very fun.
It doesn't help that I'm a fuckup that got behind in university for two years, so I'm still studying and working, which hardly leaves me with any time at all to play video games. I only play one game a time, and rarely ever I play for more than two hours straight.
>>
>>386954085
>Gonna be 35 in november
>I think of videogames all the time and the ones i want to play and get eventually
>have a shitty job but income is steady and bussines hours so cant complain much
>once i get home I eat with my wife (shes a hell of a cook), watch some kamen rider or whatever is on the menu that evening
>I have to sleep at least a couple of hours because I dunno old and shit
>Wake up and stay on computer browsing on social media, watch youtube of the games i want to play and the chan.
>Its almost midnight and then start playing whatever is on schedule
>2 to 3 in the morning I have to go to bed because work next day.

And thats my gaming life now. Its sad really. today whe are having fome friends for dinner and im coming home late (no work tomorrow) and could have probably play a couple of hours more but probably wont untill tomorrow.
>>
File: 1370190596552.jpg (940KB, 2576x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1370190596552.jpg
940KB, 2576x1920px
>>386954085

Already did.

Now I'm trapped on a weird limbo were I'm not interested in usual normie shit or vidya.

Oh, and getting a job makes EVERYTHING worse.
>>
File: 1370807545825.jpg (35KB, 431x415px) Image search: [Google]
1370807545825.jpg
35KB, 431x415px
>>386954085
I don't think I'll make it to my 30's.
>>
>>386963251
Why not?
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 634x670px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 634x670px

Vidya would be fine if we removed the jew menace and their ever useful goyim, the fat white hambeast. Oh well, at least there's the back catalogue.
>>
File: fav.jpg (468KB, 1420x988px) Image search: [Google]
fav.jpg
468KB, 1420x988px
>>386954085
>How old are you /v/?
>Do you think you'll ever outgrow and get tired of video games before or in your 30s or in your 20s?
I play less than I used to, because I have less time for them, and I'm more picky, but other than that I still enjoy my gaming, and still try new things.
Just recently started playing fighting games, couldn't get used to play with pad (my contact with consoles was limited to racing games and Ace Combat), so I got mechanical keyboard instead for it.
>>
I've grown tired of doing anything. All I do is eat, post on 4chan and sleep. Every once in a while I'll marathon anime or some shitty sitcom desperately searching for easy laughs but I never actually watch or do things I used to enjoy.
>>
File: 1359141108743.jpg (35KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
1359141108743.jpg
35KB, 432x288px
>>386963429
I'm probably killing myself in 2018, February specifically.
>>
>>386963631
extremely good taste here
>>
>>386963758
Why then?
>>
I'm 25 in a couple months. I still play video games now and then but I definitely don't play as much as when I was a teenager or younger.
>>
>>386962858
>watamote
I can't believe it's already running for so long, holy shit.
>>386963758
February 14?
>>
>game on your backlog gets a remaster/re-release/definitive edition
>>
I've always kept the same urge to play vidya but it gets harder and harder to find a good game to keep me satisfied so I've been playing less
>>
>>386963950
I have my reasons, I won't bother to type them out since they're nothing special and don't really matter.
>>386964146
No, the 13th.
Shit, I'd totally forgotten the 14th was valentines day.
>>
>>386963721
Pretty much me
>>
>>386963631
I think it's my duty to inform you about this, in case you don't know about already.

http://m210.duke4.net/index.php
>>
File: 7084a850187195.58c99500560e9.jpg (322KB, 887x1300px) Image search: [Google]
7084a850187195.58c99500560e9.jpg
322KB, 887x1300px
ANSWER YOUR LORD.

HOW LONG TILL WIZARDHOOD?
>>
>>386964381
Why not do it now?
>>
File: 1500559094958.jpg (325KB, 1200x1672px) Image search: [Google]
1500559094958.jpg
325KB, 1200x1672px
>>386954085
I am 24 in less than 4 hours nigga, it's a little late to outgrow video games before my 20s.
>>
>>386964519
Various affairs to get in order before the fact.
>>
24, I play lots of video games still. I'm a little tired of them but I'm tired of everything else more.
>>
Turning 30 in 3 days. Yeah it's happening. But without anything else to take over, there's a hole now.
>>
I feel like I'm wasting my life when I play video games. I'll start a game get a little ways then the anxiety gets me and I stop playing eventually moving on to another game and doing the same thing.
When I'm not playing a game I just do nothing and sit on /v/ all day so I may as well be playing video games yet /v/ doesn't give me that same anxiety for some reason
>>
>>386964512
9 years. well, 8 since I don't really plan on doing much for the remainder of this year

Will I seal the deal in these 8 years? I'm decently attractive, just awkward as fuck socially. had several chances in the past to do it just to get it over with but I was never really interested except for when I was 15 maybe
>>
>>386964620
Well anon, I'll tell you that at one point I also planned on dying at a certain time, but when the time came I couldn't do it and honestly I'm glad I didn't now, my life became a lot better although it wasn't right away.

I hope you also chicken out and life long enough to be glad you did.
>>
>>386959030
That's a self destructive attitude
>>
>>386964597
happy birthday anon. hope it's a good one
>>
Games are just like any other medium for me, like movies or books, music. I don't see myself not enjoying vidya from time to time.
>>
>>386954085
>Society says I'm supposed to grow out of playing games

>I'm 32 and because of games I got into programming and my career
>>
>>386954085
34 and I'm enjoying games as much as I did as a kid. Same with my wife, we still go to major game launches and bargain hunt rare games and flee markets.
>>
File: 1493061405116.jpg (77KB, 256x886px) Image search: [Google]
1493061405116.jpg
77KB, 256x886px
>>386956629
that's not even how it would work anymore
>>
File: Sonic_Mega_Drive_Ice_World.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Mega_Drive_Ice_World.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
My wife and I just had a kid on Sunday, the 6th. Still TRYING to find time for vidya, but damn... it's hard.

Lookin' forward to Sonic Mania.
>>
File: 1496476145703.png (145KB, 400x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1496476145703.png
145KB, 400x1091px
>>386954085
>>
>>386964292
>Lightspeed Rescue
My nigga

24, still watch toku, still play video games, looking to get engaged mid next year, finishing up a master's degree through research this year.
I play games less than I used to, but I usually just play with friends. If I'm playing single player I usually just stream to an empty room on twitch but I still get good enjoyment out of playing vidya.
>>
>>386965238
Your wife had a kid a week ago and you are expecting to have time for video games? Nigga you crazy
>>
>>386965091
The ridiculous increase in cucking memes is making me think it happens way more than any statistician will ever admit to.
>>
File: 1498119732864.jpg (678KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1498119732864.jpg
678KB, 752x1062px
>>386964862
Thanks anon. As long as I have Internet, video games, anime and porn every day is a good day for me.

I just wish my birthday wasn't in the middle of my fucking exams.
>>
File: super_character.jpg (28KB, 321x280px) Image search: [Google]
super_character.jpg
28KB, 321x280px
>>386965449
Well, believe it or not, newborn babies cry, you change 'em, you feed 'em, they go back to sleep. It's not so bad. I'm just... not looking forward to balancing this and going back to work next week...
>>
i am 30 now and there is no sign of it nothing else really holds my attention TV bores me reading needs to be done as an audiobook while working so gaming is pretty much it and even then i need some youtube video going in the background
>>
I just turned 30 and rarely play anymore, or when i do i get so bored so fast i turn it off. It really sucks.
>>
>>386964741
I feel the opposite way. I feel like I'm pissing my life away when I'm on /v/, but with video games I'm fine. I think it's because /v/ is just the same shitposting over and over, and I always forget about most of the threads I go to a day or two afterwards.
>>
>>386965652
>>386965649
Hey gramps did you remember to swallow your pills today?
>>
>>386964512
5 years. I'm very reclusive and also lazy, so I have no social life at all.
>>
26 here.

I've definitely noticed a decrease in the amount of time I spend playing vidya, but I guess its natural since we get more obligations, get a work...

When you're younger like 50% of your time is free time, and you can spend more time playing, but as you grow you have to balance your time so you can also fit social relationships, staying healthy by practising some sport, going to work...

Do I think I'll grow out of vidya? You can never tell, but for now I keep playing.
>>
>>386965760
Fuck i forgot. Thanks kid.
>>
>>386965760
i dont take any pills my health is in good enough shape that i dont need any
>>
>>386954085

The only joy I get out of video games nowadays is when I'm drunk OR when I'm lanning with my friends and drinking.
>>
33. Got tired of video games in my mid-late 20s and skipped out on the ps3/360 generation almost entirely. If anything my tastes in games have gotten so god damned narrow now it's almost impossible to find something I truly like.
>>
>>386965238
>tfw Mega Drive 3 is never coming out
>>
>>386960678
38 and same, games are fun

I also boardgame
>>
>>386964381
>hey let me just mention that im killing myself at a very specific date
>haha no im not gonna explain i just felt like mentioning it haha:)

Is one of the reasons you wanna kill yourself that you're a woman?
>>
>>386965495
I'm pretty sure they're just made by virgin fgts for a laugh
>t. virgin fgt
>>
>>386954085

Nearly 30 and I play more games than I did as a teenager at times. At least, when I'm not working anyway. I'm not married and I don't plan on marrying, so I should be fine.
>>
32. I have every system under the sun and 100's of games but I work a lot, have kids, a house, wife. I try to spend my weekends at the lake cabin going fishing and jet skiing with my family but If I'm home on the weekends I'll fire up some retro for a couple hours.
>>
What the fuck is it with all those "nearly 30" or "just turned 30" niggers ITT? Are all of you faggots born in 1987 or what?
>>
>>386966041
i feel like im wasting time by only doing a single thing while i read and it makes me insane corey taylor just put out a new book i would love to read but i already know ill stop after a few chapters
>>
>>386966329
"nearly 30" can mean anything from 25 to 29 to some.
>>
>>386966202
Same
All i saw in relatioship was negativ things.
At least games never disappoint.
>>
>>386966329
How old are you?
Because you sound like some underage shitter that just discovered 4chan from a dank twitter maymay
>>
>>386966329
i was born in 1986 i will be 31 in october is there something wrong with having been born in 1986? not everyone offs themselves
>>
29. And yes, probably somewhat soon. Back in the day, I would have multiple people I could play and discuss video games. Now I literally just have /v/. Everyone else moved away, I'm now working more, and I'm about to get married. I find myself reading more than playing video games, which is kind of sad.
>>
File: 1493178714943.jpg (96KB, 392x417px) Image search: [Google]
1493178714943.jpg
96KB, 392x417px
>>386966329
>>386966454
I'm 18 but mentally I'm about 30 and in my music tastes too.
>>
25, going on 26

Mainstream vidya has all but alienated me but I still find solace in niche stuff. Games like Tearaway, Sayonara Umihara Kawase+, Brandish the Dark Revenant, Yomawari and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir have been among my favorites in recent years. This year's been better than usual with stuff like Gravity Rush 2, Nier Automata, the Crash remakes and Resident Evil 7. Kinda wish I liked Breath of the Wild but I actually don't care much for it. Oh well. Point is, I'm still hanging in there in my own way.
>>
>>386966329
Born in '84 Anon. Born in time to buy Atari games at the dollar store but not enough time left in my life to see fully immersive VR games in the distant future.
>>
File: it's not a lie.png (112KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
it's not a lie.png
112KB, 500x365px
>>386966329
Maybe you saw this sign when you walked in.
I've been here since '06, it's not a lie.
>>
>>386966620

"Im x but mentally im y"

Classic children, thinking they're smarter and more mature than their friends.
>>
>>386966661
what about the witcher 3?
>>
>>386966763
Classic anon, totally missing an obvious joke
>>386966661
Good on you anon
Normalfags are trying their hardest to ruin vidya but we will prevail
>>
>>386966893
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>>
File: 1464310036600.png (1MB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464310036600.png
1MB, 919x720px
>be 28
>join a group
>They gave me the nickname Grandpa
>>
File: 1490291410167.jpg (30KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
1490291410167.jpg
30KB, 600x599px
>>386966893
>>
>>386966768

Didn't play it, not a whole lot of interest in that series to be honest. Maybe someday if I'm bored enough.
>>
>>386966935
when i play games i also have a youtube video going in the background most of the time or i have a bit of trouble focusing on the game
>>
What made you all so broken? I'm 20 and I'm genuinely interested. I don't want to be broken by this world.
>>
>>386964512
Im 25 and a virgin. Vidya and nerdy hobbies ruined my life. No friends and I barely play anymore. No idea how to meet people at 25.
>>
I'm 30. I'm not tired of games, I usually boot a game on the emulator as I'm using a pc most of time, but I don't care about trendy games, buying a new console to spend hours playing in front a tv or anything related to "game culture". Ironically I spend more time lurking /v/ to laugh at shitposting than playing
>>
Out of curiosity, does anyone else here feel like they've outgrown 4chan? I'm 25, and feel like I'm getting too old for this place.
>>
>>386954085
Any advice for someone who has nothing to live for but games and just started uni?
>>
File: 1414122145036.jpg (45KB, 530x444px) Image search: [Google]
1414122145036.jpg
45KB, 530x444px
>>386954085
I'm 32, but feel more like 132. Most of the genres I loved growing up (classic FPS, RTS, ARPGs) are either dead, warped, or in forms I no longer recognize. Still, I can pick up new games and enjoy them for what they are.

Grow out of games? If I grow out of the things I truly enjoy, I have grown out of life. Not sure why people bother to ask this question anymore when gaming has grown so much as an experience. This isn't the early 80's where crude, simplistic play was the best you got.
>>
I'm 33. I think I have more interest in vidya than when I was in my 20's, but only because I have less time than I would like to actually play.

I always have to do work shit or family shit, and even though I did manage to get my wife into gaming, but she still always wants to go on hikes and shit every other week.

I had like a month of uninterrupted gaming when she was hardcore into Stardew Valley. That was nice.
>>
File: 1469108948126.jpg (50KB, 522x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469108948126.jpg
50KB, 522x500px
>1999
>be 16 years old playing UT99
>meet some old guy ingame
>''holy shit dude why are you playing videogames all day at 30, dont you have adult shit to do''
>2017
>be 34 and in the same ship as that guy
>>
I still like games but I'm too poor to buy them so I'm just stuck here.
>>
>>386964512
I fucked a hooker when I was 17. I'm 25 years old now and never got laid again since that time. So worst of both worlds, I guess.
>>
>>386959030
I do, but if I don't live this way, I'll disappoint my mother and father, and be the only embarrassment of the whole house. I have to keep trekking onwards. This life isn't mind alone. The least I could do is pay them back, even if I didn't ask to be born.
>>
File: 200px-Ancestor_Big.png (65KB, 200x309px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Ancestor_Big.png
65KB, 200x309px
>>386967530
>>
>>386967537
Are you also too retarded to pirate?
>>
>>386954085
I won't outgrow games, but I know my time with them will be less as time goes by, kind of.

Because I know when I have a kid, don't matter if they become more of a sports kid, they're going to like video games when there young, and I'll have my time to enjoy then.

But I don't know, the shit my parents grew up with they never got truly tired of. My folks still watched star trek, played the board games they loved, did what they enjoyed even as kids. It's just the stuff they did is more universal, like no one ever says you're too old to sit in the living room and blast old records all day.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>386967563
I pity you but I also know that your standards are too high and you are too meek to initiate contact with people. Look up the craigslist for your area. Women are just as desperate.
>>
>>386967521
Funny. My wife is into gaming but won't hike to save her life.
>>
File: 1463188027926.jpg (11KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1463188027926.jpg
11KB, 184x184px
>>386967530
>1999 was 18 years ago
>>
>>386967530
>1999
I was just born. You're old enough to be my dad. Wow. These kinda facts make me feel small.
>>
File: See you soon anon.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
See you soon anon.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>386967743
just think, in 5 short months, kids born in 2000 will be old enough to post here.
>>
File: h92D84A8A.jpg (64KB, 382x640px) Image search: [Google]
h92D84A8A.jpg
64KB, 382x640px
>>386967014
>get nickname "gramps"
>roleplay as one for shit and giggles
>years and people come and go
>most people doesn't even know I'm *not* that old, and I'm really someone's grandpa
>>
>>386967624
Yes
>>
>>386967861
>I'm NOT really someone's grandpa
shit, better take my pills
though really, who fuckin knows
>>
File: 98a.jpg (34KB, 475x359px) Image search: [Google]
98a.jpg
34KB, 475x359px
>>386967743
Time marches on. Are you ready when you are so old that most kids don't even know what a CD is?
>>
>>386967854
Well I was born in 97, 3 years isn't a big gap. Currently try to get with this 38 year old teacher I saw in the hotel I was staying in.
>>
>>386967743

Yes it was. My little brother was born that year. Feels weird, man.
>>
File: Oh_Yeay.webm (2MB, 640x568px) Image search: [Google]
Oh_Yeay.webm
2MB, 640x568px
Ey man.

If 50 year old men still buy toys to collect or build replica trains. I think I'll be fine if I game passed 30
>>
>>386967972
it's like an older version of DVD disk right?
I'm not shitposting I actually don't know
>>
33 here. Play video games every waking minute of the day im not sleeping, napping, or working. Been on this video game kick for about a year, but i do other gaming too, like board games and tabletop like Warhammer. I don't think I'll ever stop gaming desu.
>>
>>386967854
I only got here in 2010, so I wonder if people on /v/ freaked out in 2008 when people born in 1990 started being able to post.
>>
>>386968107
kys
>>
>>386967743
that shit is why it's so important to get a life past masturbatory pleasures because you hit a pit that you are to old to enjoy what youth have but with no spouse, kid and/or career it's just a void of death waiting on you.
>>
>>386967854
I was born in 97 and started posting in middle school, so it doesn't really matter, they've been posting here for years
>>
>>386954085
I lost interest in videogames after 19 years old, my last console was PS2 and never play on PC.

After know today industry videogames simple don't care anymore.
>>
>>386968107
yeah, different (thicker) laser, so can't white as dense with it as with DVD. 700 MB / 80 min, going all way to limit was not adviced, might be just urban legent tho.
>>
If you love something you will continue to do it. You didn't see old people stop watching tv do you? No, because they grew up with it and still love it. Most of us will play games our whole life.
>>
File: 1502551387361.png (21KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1502551387361.png
21KB, 420x420px
>>386967861
>>386967014
Starting a new degree in uni in a few weeks. This is my nightmare. I'm 27 and I know there will be kiddos in my group who were born in 1998.
>>
>>386968187
not really. Most of 4chan was underage as fuck and this shit didn't hit till about 2010 when a lot of the 5th gen systems were hitting big anniversary numbers.
>>
>>386968302
>Be born in 1992
>tfw most of /v/ is probably a decade younger than I am now
>>
>>386968487
I'm 1983 friend, image how I feel? actually I feel pretty good but I have more in my life than just vida and 4chan
>>
I'm 29 with a wage slave job. I still game every day
>>
I'll be 28 soon and my gaming life is just weird.

Most days I feel exhausted after work and I constantly feel like I don't have time to game even though I technically do. I'm normally home from work by 8:30 or 9. By the time I'm done cooking dinner, eating, and cleaning up/showering it's around 11. I could easily spend about 2-3 hours gaming before needing to try to sleep, but I just don't feel like playing games that late. I don't like the idea of trying to get into a single player game (or even something casual or pick up and play) when I know I have a very specific, limited amount of time to play.

Then on days off of work, I always seem to get roped into doing something else or spend the day doing all the house shit I didn't do earlier in the week.
>>
File: 1470257097542.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1470257097542.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>be 28
>meet this 17 year old online that falls inlove with me
>''WHEN CAN I MEET YOU''
>''i'm really busy at the moment, in a few months''
>I'm actually waiting till she hits 18 so i wont get vanned
>>
im 30 and i still play games as much as I can.
ive set my standards really low in games nowadays so i can enjoy even the shittiest game released.
>>
File: 1491362466825.jpg (36KB, 392x444px) Image search: [Google]
1491362466825.jpg
36KB, 392x444px
>>386968425
I'm starting too in two weeks and I'm 26.
I hope to get some tight teen pussy.
>>
>>386968818
What a fucking loser.
>>
File: 1265074653000.png (148KB, 262x300px) Image search: [Google]
1265074653000.png
148KB, 262x300px
>>386968281
>sporting THIS much existential dread
A wife and kids aren't going to fill the hole in your soul; if you got tired of vidya, you'll get tired of them and they won't go away. You have some serious philosophical issues you need to work out.
>>
>>386968818
Post her tits
>>
About to turn 30 next month. Have a career and am currently single. Having the time of my life now that I have disposable income. Don't believe people who say it is hard to play games and have a career.

I think the only time people stop or play less games is when they are in a relationship because that is like a second job. Not saying its bad but it takes up time. So I guess what I am saying is; its not your age that dictates your hobbies, but the responsibilities in your life. The more shit you have to do the less time you have to game. Now I say this as a person who has only been in relationships with women who are normies and hate video games and comics. The dream is to find a woman who enjoys the same hobbies as you.
>>
>>386968818
How'd you meet her?
>>
>>386954085

I will be a gamer for the rest of my life, but of course responsibility calls, so it will be much less often than it was.
>>
>>386954085
>How old are you /v/?
>Do you think you'll ever outgrow and get tired of video games
Yup, it is already happening. I'm playing less and less and if I do it takes even longer to finish the game. I poured 400+ hours in Witcher 3, 60 in Nier Automata (and hevent finished it yet).
I'm ok with this.
>>
File: 1499626215503.jpg (92KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499626215503.jpg
92KB, 1024x1024px
>>386954085
I got tired of video games when I was 18.
I tried to play Rust to salvage the pleasure I got from gaming, but that game went to shit.

I'm 20, and I'm waiting for Bannerlord 2 to save me.
>>
>>386969035
In a shitty mmo we both quit by now.
>>
>>386969123

Why would you play Rust to try and reinvigorate your interest in games? There are so many better options.
>>
>>386968581
>but I have more in my life than just vida and 4chan

I have a bad habit of spending way too much time on this site, even though I don't enjoy it much here anymore. I guess I should get a life soon myself.
>>
>>386955802

This gut gets it, after 25 years you just get jaded from the same genres.

I cant tell you the last time i paid attention to a tutorial because there isnt anything ive havnt seen anymore.

Play any modern rpg, fighter, platfotmer, fps and you've played them all.
>>
29. I don't play as often as I did but I work in the game industry and intend to continue doing so for at least another 10 years. After that I'll probably be more interested in tending a garden and fishing, though I'll still come inside and subjugate Africa in Victoria II by then.
>>
>>386969206
I can't enjoy anything that isn't a hard-grind full of adrenaline and fear.

The Witcher 3 can't give me what I want or need, and I've only put like 6 hours into it.

I'm thinking about playing through the Metal Gear Solid series just to see if I can like it.
>>
>>386967427
Definitely. /v/ is nothing but underage copying the same threads from years ago day in and day out over and over. Its become predictable when this place used to be fun original chaos. 4chan replaced somethingawful is there anything out there to replace 4chan? And don't say reddit
>>
>>386968941
I feel like the best way to get rid of that dread is finding some passion project and committing to it so you've got something to show for all those years and leave behind. Scott Walker's still a huge figure in the avant-garde music scene and he's 74.
>>
I'm 24 and I still use games as escapism. it gets harder and harder to keep up the illusion and not let some strange guilt seep in.
>>
>>386969454
>/v/ is nothing but underage copying the same threads from years ago day in and day out over and over. Its become predictable when this place used to be fun original chaos.

I'm a newfag from 2011, and I feel the same way. I miss stuff like Synchtube, Ace of Spades, and SOPA threads. These days it's just "what did he mean by this" and "This is X, say something nice about her" threads over and over.
>>
My neighbor and I talk frequently. He's 19, a good dude and fun to talk with. He has never heard of most of the shit I talk about. Half the time myself and his older roommate have to explain it to him.

A smaller example of not getting old but getting older. I had no idea what the fuck Skylanders were for like 3 years and couldnt for the life of me understand why kids would want them. It's moments like that that make you realize you're so distinct from a younger age group you're not even on their spectrum anymore and shit marketed to them goes so far over your head even when you see it you don't pay any attention to it at all causing you to sort of forget it exists.
>>
30. Crossed "make a AAA video game" off my bucket list and now work in the space industry like a lot of my fellow game industry burnouts. Still play video games, but I am limited to singleplayer games I can start and stop at any time. Multiplayer fads like MOBAs and survival games get a hard pass.
>>
File: 1429395326604.jpg (91KB, 500x615px) Image search: [Google]
1429395326604.jpg
91KB, 500x615px
>>386969512
So you suddenly feel the need to make your mark on the world and you think chucking all of your existing hobbies is going to get you there? You can have a passion project and multiple hobbies. You should try embarking on this project before blaming anything else for the way it shapes up.
>>
>>386954085

nah i'll always play video games. it's an enjoyable hobby. i'm 34 now and i actually started playing more in my 30s than i did in my 20s. i kind of stopped playing after my n64 days until i got a ps3 a few years ago and got back into it. it's been fun going back and playing all the classic games i missed the past 15 years.

my dad is 65 and he still plays RPGs like skyrim, witcher, and final fantasy.
>>
>>386969719
I'm 20 and have no clue what Skylanders is either.
>>
File: bd8.png (235KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
bd8.png
235KB, 1190x906px
>>386968941
>compares video games to having and raising your own flesh and blood.
>>
File: 1444848547904.gif (4MB, 270x263px) Image search: [Google]
1444848547904.gif
4MB, 270x263px
>tfw old enough to see your old beloved long time running franchises go to shit from their beginning to end
>>
>>386969379
>I can't enjoy anything that isn't a hard-grind full of adrenaline and fear.
Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm?
>>
>>386954085

As I get older, I find that "outgrowing" video games doesn't mean waking up one morning and deciding to throw out all my consoles and buying golf clubs or whatever.

It simply means your priorities are in order, and you game slightly less than you used to, because you realize that while video games can be enjoyable, there are, in fact, more useful and fulfilling uses of your time than spending an entire week poopsocking for that epic mount in WoW or whatever.
>>
>>386969983
I knew about Skylanders only because people on /v/ kept going on about the new Spyro design.
>>
>>386954085
31 y.o here,
i had a gaming-hiatus from 17 y.o to 25, i was more into outside activities.
usual gaming routine is something like 10hrs/week.
i play anything /v/ & /vr/ wise minus mobile games and MMO.
i don't think i'll outgrow gaming hobby.
>>
>>386970068
UT
quake
Silent hill
metal gear
>>
>>386964937
27 here, too late to quit videogames now. I'd love to finish my backlog but every time i dig some hours into a game i feel too lazy to keep playing. I just procrastinate playing TF2 and Animal Crossing.
>>
>>386970068
The good thing about never getting HL3 is that it never can turn to shit.
>>
>>386969849
I never implied you had to ditch your other interests. Just have something you can build upon. The reason threads like this keep getting made is that playing game after game with nothing else in your life feels empty. As you get older, you're chasing the same high, but you already know what you like and don't like, and it's nowhere near as fun or satisfying as before. If you have some place to grow as a person, you feel more complete.
>>
>>386970358
Same here, people here also say videogames cant be too long but I have no time anymore to sink in 40+ hours in a singleplayer game where I have to get invested in. I loved those games as a kid. Now I just play multiplayer games I can just jump in and out and whenever I feel like it.
>>
File: 1429669849307.jpg (91KB, 634x441px) Image search: [Google]
1429669849307.jpg
91KB, 634x441px
>>386968425
>most of team is barely 18 or pretending to be 18
>being in your 30's makes you "an old guy" on team
feels weird, desu
especially when newcommers use "mr" when talking to me. I know they're just being polite, because their parents were not shit, and taught them to be respectful when talking to their elders, but still, it feels weird.
>>
>>386970087
I've put around 100 hours into those already.

They start to feel pointless and boring after an hour.
>>
Im 24, and naw I dont think so. Even though I work a motherfuckton now, and some weeks I dont have time to game, or I'm just too tired. I definitely can't play hardcore anymore, and will never actually be good at a game again, but I still have fun playing some games casually.

The fact that I can't dedicate the hours necessary to get to the top 0.05% of games anymore like I used to really stings, but I had my fun, have my memories, and its kind of nice in a way to be able to "pass the torch" figuratively speaking. Even though I get called a casual shitter for it, it brings a smile to my face because I used to be that guy beaking on old people for being mediocre at games (although I'm definitely not anywhere close to as bad as some of the old people I played with as a kid)
>>
I'm 28. I buy a few games a year but the games I do buy I usually like a lot. I put a lot of time into fighting games and I play JRPGs maybe 2 or 3 a year and I usually get them when they're on sale. I get a few games a year on PS Plus that I really get into. I'm satisfied enough with with I've got. Sure I wish there was more JRPGs coming up that were PS2 quality but if I can get a couple good ones a year it's ok.
>>
File: 1377333643923.jpg (281KB, 500x741px) Image search: [Google]
1377333643923.jpg
281KB, 500x741px
Almost 29, and literally full idort road warrior. I play my Xbox and PS4 at home and my Laptop, Tablet, and Switch in hotels.

I simply love video games and even tho my life is in order at this point I don't like what the married with kids life has done to the people I've known over the years. The most happy people I've met at my age are either single or a couple that doesn't plan on having kids.

I'm going to just let other people breed for me. I think I'm going to just buy a 4K HDR TV with a OneX later and play whatever the fuck I want.
>>
>>386970686
>I have no time anymore to sink in 40+ hours in a singleplayer game
recently playing Hexen 2, I can see it. I suppose if I was still a kid, I wouldn't mind running like headless chicken across levels to search for levers, press tables and fake walls, and run back, hoping to spot what they did, so I can get any clue what to do next.

Now, if game really has 40 hours worth of content then it's a whole different story.
>>
>>386970691
>only 20
>get retail job
>constantly calling people sir and ma'am
>still find it weird when people call me sir
Did I make it?
Have I successfully tricked people into believing I'm an adult?
>>
>>386970686

>Can't sink massive amounts of time in singleplayer games anymore

This is the one thing I hate about myself with how I play games. There are SOOOOO many good multiplayer games to play these days that I can never commit to a singleplayer game for more than a weekend. Breathe of the Wild is the only singleplayer game I've played for more than 50 hours in like a decade. I could totally just boot up Monster Hunter, Lawbreakers, Splatoon 2, Planetside 2, ESO, Titanfall 2, whatever and blow all my free time on those.

I'm going to force myself to finally try The Witcher 3, Skyrim, Recore, and Fallout 4 on the OneX later this year.
>>
>>386971353
well, being working adult and taking your job seriously is sign on maturity.
As for "mr" or "sir" part, it depends on business, and place. I find American custom of calling everyone, up to business owner, by his first name by customers little uneasy to follow
>>
>>386967014
Wew lad, I call the 34 year old in my group gramps too. We always make little quips like "Go take care of your kid"
>>
File: 1500082404720.png (19KB, 512x323px) Image search: [Google]
1500082404720.png
19KB, 512x323px
>>386971353
>20 years old
>Demand to be treated and regarded as an adult
>Commandeer respect no matter where I go
>It doesn't matter if I'm clean shaven or not

Feels good, man.
>>
>>386971353
>>386971728
It gets weirder when you have people twice your age or more calling you boss and asking you what to do. Im 24, working in a field that is on average quite a bit older, and because its in construction it attracts lots of meatheads and people my age don't really want to do it.

It really took me a while to get used to being considered a boss, I dont even consider myself a boss yet, just another worker who also knows how to read plans and can read and write well enough to fill out paperwork at the end of the day.
>>
>>386954085
I outgrew games for a while. I almost completely stopped playing games for about 10 years. I started playing games again like 3 and a half years ago.
>>
File: 1497626633550.jpg (58KB, 863x431px) Image search: [Google]
1497626633550.jpg
58KB, 863x431px
>>386954085
>25
>I still have to sign up for college classes
>I have 5 days left

>I still haven't done it
>I'm worried about college being hard as fuck because I will lose financial aid if I get a C at all.
>I've been a NEET for 6 years

How do you guys find the motivation to move forward? I don't see anything worth working towards except having sex with a cute girl. All my dreams are broken, they won't become reality. I don't want a normal family life In want to do something grand so that my name will live on forever.
>>
I'm 29 and don't think I'll ever stop playing. Sometimes I'll go a couple of months without playing anything but during that time I'll still read about games online.

I mostly enjoy single player games but occasionally play mp games. I love games that are long and I can put a lot of time into. Back when BOTW released I put over 200 hours in it over the course of a month and a half. Currently playing through P3FES.
>>
>>386972464
Just follow a strict routine and only game at the weekends etc., once you've finished all assignments etc. Treat gaming, partying and other fun stuff as a treat and you'll get good grades.
>>
>>386972679
>only game on the weekends

That sounds like a good idea anon. Thanks.
>>
>>386955802
this. 32 and tired of the gimmicks and jewery. I only game a few days a month now. cuz of my job. i only play fallout 4, gta v and destiny in short bursts because those are the only games i own that dont rope you in with huge time commitments.
>>
File: 1269083888601.jpg (68KB, 708x832px) Image search: [Google]
1269083888601.jpg
68KB, 708x832px
>>386954085

>turned 25 yesterday
>went through periods of nogaems for 2-6 months since I was 19
>just recently got out of a month long phase

I fucking hate it sometimes. I end up just scrolling up and down here or keeping open like 50+ tabs of pornography. Or just watching car videos on youtube instead of playing games.
>>
File: 1468695486033.jpg (251KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1468695486033.jpg
251KB, 683x1024px
I just replay old shit again and again. Does getting a gf fill the void of an autistic past or is it true that the ride never ends? I feel like that's the only thing that could make life worth living. I hate being autistic. How is that shit so natural for normalfags.
>>
File: 1469145822362.png (151KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469145822362.png
151KB, 500x500px
>tfw cant enjoy competitive multiplayer games anymore unless I'm drinking
Siege and overwatch mostly
>>
>>386971728
Thanks anon, I didn't think of the first part like that.
This whole situation is strange to me because I've been so depressed and self loathing the past several years that I figured I'd kill myself before I hit 20, yet here I am.
It's minimum wage and my stamina is so low that I barely made it through a 39 hour week, but for the first time in a long while, I feel like I'm gonna be alright.
>>
File: 1466086752488.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
1466086752488.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>>386973239
I'd have to drink to stomach those shitty games too.
>>
File: 1265861416523.jpg (42KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
1265861416523.jpg
42KB, 640x432px
>>386962858

It frightens me when I remember back when I was 19 in 2011, all everyone and myself included would say is how shitty /v/ is now and how other years like 2005-2007 were better even though I only started posting after TTGL's last episode in nipland and now we are the fucking point where I and others are looking back to 2010-2011 with nostalgia. It made me realize how my life is so monotonous that everything was just a blur.
>>
File: 1502561078062.jpg (91KB, 960x738px) Image search: [Google]
1502561078062.jpg
91KB, 960x738px
>>
>>386973239

>tfw haven't even played multiplayer games in almost 2 years now
>>
21. I'm not afraid of outgrowing them. I just hope I live long enough to play more of them.
>>
File: 1446282386150.gif (1MB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
1446282386150.gif
1MB, 276x260px
>>386973838
>implying shitposting on /v/ isnt a competitive multiplayer game
>>
File: recent.jpg (95KB, 953x897px) Image search: [Google]
recent.jpg
95KB, 953x897px
"too old for games" anons, post what you've been playing recently
>>
>>386954085
I'm 31 and barely play video games at all anymore. Sometimes I do but it's just not the same as it used to be.
>>
>>386954085
Turned 18 2 weeks ago.

I think if reach 21 and I'm still playing vidya, I'll off myself for being a failure.
>>
>>386973750
I started coming here around autumn 2010, but I remember nothing about 2010, so I consider 2011 to be my first "real" year. That year did have a lot of problems, like ironic shitposting and an absurd amount of off-topic posts, but at the same time, this board had fun stuff that made it worth going to, like Ace of Spades, Deus Ex threads, Dwarf Fortress threads, Synchtube, etc. These days I feel that /v/ has gotten bland. It's not as shitty as it used to be, but it's not as fun either.
>>
I'm 22 and I think I'll like games forever. There is just no reason for me to stop. Sometimes I play all day long, sometimes an hour or less.
>>
29 and have take long sabbaticals but have hit 20+ hours a week of gaming a few times in my late 20s there's just too much other shit going on. I'll always do it but the 50+ hour rpgs/grindfests are non-existent for me now.
>>
File: mpv-shot0002.jpg (44KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.jpg
44KB, 640x360px
>nearly 30
>have more fun programming my own games than playing them
>>
>>386974345
You're a failure for reasons other than video games, I'm afraid.
>>
File: 1498065578646.png (191KB, 273x391px) Image search: [Google]
1498065578646.png
191KB, 273x391px
>>386954085
i may stop playing new games, because there are fewer and fewer REAL video games released every year, but i will always come back to my favourite crpgs. replaying FO2 currently, as my first playtrough wasnt really "meanigful" as i rushed main quest just to finish it.
>>
>>386974591
>Keep telling myself that I should practice programming more
>End up pissing away all my time on this site
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (71KB, 953x389px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
71KB, 953x389px
>>386974262
>>
>>386974381

I remember popping in synchtube in 2013 and added 2010 stuff, needless it bored most of them to death.
>>
File: mpv-shot0006.jpg (45KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0006.jpg
45KB, 640x360px
>>386974662
I had the same problem so I ended up using a seperate computer not connected to the internet to do development. You could try that.
>>
>>386974623
Thanks for the input, grandpa. I've got my whole life ahead of me and am heading off to college in a month, while you're toiling away at a retail gig. I'll be your boss someday.
The fact is, if you're in your early 20s and still playing videogames for more than 5 hours a day, you're doomed. I can't even imagine mid-20s folks browsing this site, either. How do adults have that much free time?
>>
>>386974979
>f you're in your early 20s and still playing videogames for more than 5 hours a day,
Work 7-3. Games 3-8. Bed.
>>
>>386954085
31. Mostly just collect games these days. Recently got Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. My Gamecube collection is up to 83 games.

I play them sometimes, but work takes up most of my time these days.
>>
>>386974381

I consider 2009 my void, I remember almost nothing happening. At least right at the beginning of 2010 we had duke sticky, babby and harmony.
>>
>>386970686
>I loved those games as a kid. Now I just play multiplayer games I can just jump in and out and whenever I feel like it.
There's literally nothing wrong with that.

I'm 25 and nowadays i mostly play games that can be played in short bursts, mostly because people here in my house always ask me for stuff so playing 2 hours straight is kidna hard.
>>
>>386974979
>it's a "freshman with delusions of grandeur" episode
never fails to make me chuckle
>>
ye olde fag here,
gaming by itself is fine.
it's my ways to cope with nogf and the neetlife that taint my gaming enjoyment.
once you turn wizard, you learn that you weren't ranked into competitive when it come to mating process.
i've only met dumb girls so far, more inclined to mermerize themselves into the mirror than having a meaningful discussion, this or the valuable girl was already paired.
i get now why i was wrong, being with dumb is better than loneliness.
i'm alone now and where i deserve to be.
even my own family give me looks around the topic like "we have a failure in the family", it hurts like only truth can harm.
i don't feel deserving my ancestors sacrifices.
some are strong and able to retaliate, weaks like me find easier to intoxicate themselves until the suffering turn into a part of you.
that's what my life is about now. i work to get money, money for drugs, drugs are the only way i can enjoy playing, bideo games are the only things left that make my life bearable.
when money get tight, i'm like a prisoner in my home, i walk room to room muttering alone about a normal life i can only dream off, watch my monitor without the will to do anything, sleep to accelerate time.
even my wizardry is shit.
>>
>>386975061

I work 6-2, technically have around 5-10 pm till bed. I usually only play for about 1 hour at the most. My 2 week playtime is pathetic, I only average out to 5-20 hours. Looking at my younger friends who still pump out like 60-100 hours over 2 weeks and I don't know how they can do it.
>>
>be 29
>always have been a loser
>slowly get jaded over games, spend more and more time hunting for obscure games with unique features than actually enjoying them
>say fuck it, I'm picking drawing again, my kindergarden teachers said I was outside the norm among the children
>turns out I really love the process of learning it professionally
>just 2 years of training later
>$3k a month without a patreon, tip jar, or any shop setup which I will open soon
>use 20 years of deep knowledge of game settings, atmosphere and character design visual library to create paintings that a ton of people somehow are willing to buy
>stay up to date by occasionally checking what's cool on /v/, but have pretty much quit playing games now

Try new things lads. One of my biggest problems in life is that I hole in too hard into one thing like an autistic fuck. The same is happening with drawing too right now, it's eating away my sanity even though it's bringing good money for a shit tier profession that shouldn't bring any.

Since I know a lot of /v/ is like this: force yourself take breaks and alternate it a bit, guys.
>>
File: cowboybebopclip14.jpg (73KB, 348x352px) Image search: [Google]
cowboybebopclip14.jpg
73KB, 348x352px
>work in a small town computer repair shop
>play vidya when we're not too busy
>>
>>386975148
Didn't only 60% of our male ancestors pass on their genes anyway?
>>
File: 1501725555623.jpg (124KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501725555623.jpg
124KB, 717x960px
>>386974979
If it's something I admire about you, it's that adolescent optimism that eventually gets crushed by reality
>>
>How old are you /v/?
Obviously not.
I do think I found a good balance before I was too far gone though. I have a solid career and my skills in that arena are in high demand; I've been moving up pretty steadily with steadily increasing pay offers. I get along with other people pretty well professionally, too.
I worked a fitness routine into my life, along with occasional backpacking. I feel better than ever. I've considered learning music too, but haven't made the dive yet.

Point being that I don't feel like I need to abandon gaming.
>>
File: 1293135032181.jpg (38KB, 887x904px) Image search: [Google]
1293135032181.jpg
38KB, 887x904px
>>386975148
You only feel like shit because you use your wizardry as an excuse to feel bad for yourself because you listen to others who tell you what they think you should want instead of listening to yourself.

My wizardry is fukken great. Job, commute, and all the little things are worked out. Can mess around with new hobbies. Can volunteer or take up new initiatives without having to worry about taking care of others. Can jab family members that give me a hard time with the hobbies they had to give up to make the choices they regret work.
>>
>>386974979
>"college guarantees success in life"
there are people who still believe that?
I hope your degree will at least be related to real profession, because job market is already choke full of people with degrees, attitude and no real skills to back it up. Some of them quite desperate, up to their ears in student loans
>>
File: 1317761025072.jpg (29KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
1317761025072.jpg
29KB, 332x500px
>>386954085
Almost 23, been playing less, and different games than before.
Used to play a lot of online FPS in school, then RPGs and RTS's in college, now it's more city builders and management sims.
>>
>>386975148
my problem is that I'm asocial. i never talk to girls in real life. sometimes they will talk to me, but it's short lived. i feel too embarrassed about myself to have a girlfriend. still kind of chubby but I got DNP to fix that. i'm not very smart or generally well knowledged about anything except video games because once i get home from anything I go straight to my room in the basement. i don't even have a car yet and i'm 22. i don't know what to do with myself after i get a car. i feel like i think a lot differently than others but i don't have any mental illnesses unless some social anxiety counts. i probably look weird and ugly to most people, and i always wear plain black.
>>
>>386954085
i'm 31 and only play my turbografix-16 and genesis, i like dark souls games but i generally don't play video games as much as i play neo /v/
>>
>>386975792
Sure. Women studies has been really popular lately and I am relatively certain to find a good career out of it.
>>
28. Still enjoy them a lot. Buy less per year but I really enjoy emulating old games.
>>
>>386954085
I'm over it almost entirely. Once in a while it's fun to play a old favorite, but really I have no interest in the future of video games. Maybe I'll get a switch, but only because I like Mario
>>
I'm 25 and I find myself increasingly playing older games I enjoyed when I was younger rather than playing new releases.

There are some series that I'll never stop playing, but they churn out their games only once every 5 or so years. Other than that I just replay my favourites every now and then. The magic of gaming has gone a bit for me personally, but I can still enjoy those games that defined my childhood and adolescence.
>>

Recently got into Quake Champions. Played Unreal Tournament for 18 years before I retired. Having a blast pham
>>
File: 1440196993552.png (425KB, 486x495px) Image search: [Google]
1440196993552.png
425KB, 486x495px
>>386956629
Too close.
>>
>>386975837
>I'm asocial
same here
> i never talk to girls in real life
and you lost nothing of value. Haven't been in relationship for 12 years, and I still don't miss it
>still kind of chubby but I got DNP to fix that.
you're a man. You don't need to be pretty. As a man, you need strength and endurance. Once you have that, nature itself will boost your self-esteem
>i'm not very smart or generally well knowledged
being smart is not "I win" button. People tend to be less on guard around dumb people, which makes them easier to read. When dealing with people I prefer to act simpleton because of that
>once i get home from anything I go straight to my room in the basement.
you need work, any work. Not for money, but for cooworkers. You don't need friends, but learning how to handle people is pretty important, and workplace is pretty safe environment to do that.
>i don't even have a car yet and i'm 22. i don't know what to do with myself after i get a car
car is utility. Something to carry your ass and groceries around. Don't think too deep about it
>i feel like i think a lot differently than others but i don't have any mental illnesses unless some social anxiety counts
well, my "damage" is inability to trust anyone, I alwasy read other through "what's their plan?", "what they gain from it?". Can't build relationship that way, but that doesn't bother me, relationship is a gamble anyway, with high stakes and shitty payouts.
>>
>>386954085
I'm 23. I went from playing video games ever single day to not at all. I've also quit pot, alcohol, and smoking without much issue in a matter of months.
>>
>>386975837

A car won't change anything except for the fact that you don't have to ask for a ride anymore. You will drive to work (or school) and then drive home. Sometimes stop to pick up something.
>>
>>
>>386954085

30, I still play a good bit of games. It's possible that I will get tired of it someday. Not because I "outgrow it" (what a stupid meme) but just because I overdid it.
My parents still play vidya as well, mostly on the weekend though.
>>
>>386954085
Coming up to 30 now and playing more video games than throughout my entire 20's. Most fun from going over games I missed when growing up. I am currently playing Super Metroid with Metroid Prime being up there with one of my all time favourite games. Loving every second of it currently. Earthbound is next on the list.
>>
>>386979363
I've switched to watching old movies I hadn't yet seen and it's infinitely more rewarding and seems to build focus. I want to get back into reading as well.

That feel when dealing with mental illness and struggling as a NEET right now.

I don't live at home, and I'd actually prefer a job at this point to trying to squeeze the few dimes I get from the gubbamint every month. It feels so shameful, but luckily a psychiatrist recommended it for me so I don't feel too bad. Still. The amount barely covers rent and groceries. Not a glorious way to live at all.
>>
>>386955365
This.

I went back to play AoE1/2 (+DLC) and Red Alert 1, 2, Yuri's Revenge; all great!
>>
>>386955365
This.
>>
>>386954085
34 with four kids and games are still fun. Can't play same games as I used to though. Or I could, but I am too tired at the point where kids are sleeping. There are still many good games to play when the kids are awake.
>>
>>386979275
well i seem to agree with most things but people tend to ask me "why I don't talk". sometimes I say that I just like to work and get home, and not have to deal with anyone as much as possible. i have a stigma at my winter job because of that. I was walking to the smoking area one time, and I saw somebody I knew and who was easy to talk to, and he was talking to somebody. that somebody didn't know I knew him, so when he said whats up to me, that somebody said "he's quiet" and after that I go and shake his hand and say "heeeey whats up man". but its shit like that that pisses me off. that fucking redneck faggot, i hated him. i hate people like that they think they are better than me somehow and have the balls to say shit like that in front of me. honestly as time goes by i feel less and less caring towards other people. i have lost an immense amount of weight from my DNP usage last year, that I gained the confidence to literally stay more quiet and be blunt with others. when i was fat as hell, it felt even worse to be quiet and asocial around people, because i was that fatass lonely guy who never talks. now i'm that skinny dude who doesn't give a fuck. that's how i feel about it. girls just seem harder for me to talk to than guys, and it feels like I can't be true friends with them. i probably wouldn't trust them fully either. i don't have any friends except my neighbor who is just there for games and local play. i have two online friends, a girl and a guy. i feel really attached to the girl, because she likes everything i like. young, and i'm never sexual to her, and she lives very close. but still, it seems like we are getting very too attached. if i didn't have these people, then the majority of my time will be spent here, browsing 4chan mindlessly and playing video games when my internet shuts off for 2 weeks.

>>386979608
yeah you are right. but i thought it would just be the next step in my life because i need a car if i want to find jobs
>>
File: 642497720-642497811_3541.jpg (46KB, 600x530px) Image search: [Google]
642497720-642497811_3541.jpg
46KB, 600x530px
bump
>>
>>386981448
Sounds like you're doing ok. Don't overvalue other people. Most of them are not worth it.

CAPTCHA: solo live
>>
i'm 31
i downloaded myself a gameboy emulator today and played some bionic commando, it was more fun than most modern shit
gonna play myself some swordcraft story next
>>
28, had about 2 years in early teens where I didn't game much. Other than that I've been pretty happy with games for over 20 years
>>
>>386981448
you sound pretty jaded, but so was I in my 20's. Full of self-hate, projecting hate on others to not think about yourself. Been there, done that.
Joined military on impulse, and as everyone had to control myself to survive. Liked the result, went further with that, to point where things feel like they don't happen to me, as if I was just watching it on TV.
Being able to "shut down" your emotions is amazing thing to have. Being able to be calm and logical about things feels like becoming faithless once again. Granted, it feels little off when you're supposed to show emotions to fit in (say, someone close to you dies), but you can fake that.
You still need emotions to keep your sanity. Natural need I guess, but that can be fixed with ersatz: anime, music, vidya. Sometimes I wonder what my endgame is, but not knowing it doesn't really bother me.

end of blog
>>
32. I won't grow out of videogames. But I have gotten tired of them. The design philosophy of neo-gaming, injecting politics everywhere it doesn't belong, "mature" cinematic experiences, "AAA" game--now with a 400 million dollar budget, I'm just so tired of it.
>>
>>386983589
check rules CHECK RULES
>16
GET 30 DAYS
>>
>>386983589
>spend all day playing vidya
MOODS, MOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>386983487
i am pretty jaded probably. the thing is i'm not going to turn around and join the military out of the blue. i've gone to a military camp for two weeks and the very next day complained and begged to my parents to come get me. that was 5 years ago
>>
>>386983651
>yep no fun at all.I think what gamers really want is for games to not be realistic, because we are escaping reality through them.lake of colors,humour,fun gameplay.
>>
>>386983589
He did it!hey, look at dumbass!,he don´t check the rules,and now it´s going to get a rekt m8.how life it´s great,huh?
>>
File: 1430528883273.jpg (987KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1430528883273.jpg
987KB, 1500x1125px

Not really sure if I'll be playing vidya 10 years from now. Right now all I do is play video games, browse /v/ and watch anime occasionally. I don't have a social life but I have friends and we do stuff whenever we can including Mahjong every Saturday.

I'm not sure I'll outgrown or get tired of video games, I just think I won't have a lot of time for them anymore. I have tons of time now and I waste a lot of it not playing video games and doing something else entirely, if I had a job and several responsibilities placed on top of me, I'd probably finish a handheld game I would play on my phone while I shit a year or something.

I guess I have around 10 years left of vidya I can play whenever I want before I'm just consumed by life.
>>
>>386954085

>29
>Growing more fond of watching streams of talented people not only playing the games, but being good at them and being paid to do so.

If it isn't Banjo-Kazooie, Yooka-Laylee or Mario 64, I can't play it at this point. I love a lot of games, but can't win at them. Hell, I still buy games, but I can't even remember the last one I played to the end that wasn't one of the above mentioned. I always get frustrated and just drop the game after a certain point. I just get bored over time..
>>
>>386968487

I started browsing 4chan when I was 13.

By that logic, kids born in 2004 are browsing right now. Or possibly even younger.
>>
File: I've been here too long.jpg (14KB, 333x279px) Image search: [Google]
I've been here too long.jpg
14KB, 333x279px
>>386985065
>By that logic, kids born in 2004 are browsing right now.

I really need to stop coming here. I'm getting too old for this place.
>>
>>386954085
i am 31
i will never stop playing vidya
>>
Almost 188 in a few days.
>>
File: 1369101765139.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1369101765139.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>386985065

Fuuuuck
>>
>>386954085
28 years young, shit is fucking dope. I finally own my own house, got the mortgage paid off, got my own truck, and all my own shit. I made enough working in my younger years to kick back and relax and live off the stock market for the next 10 years or so.
>>
Watches excite me more than games these days
>>
File: lastman-post1.jpg (279KB, 960x549px) Image search: [Google]
lastman-post1.jpg
279KB, 960x549px
>>386954085

29. I definitely play a lot less, but still find the time to play here and there. Mainly spending more time on my hobbies, working on getting into art, etc. than gaming. This gen has been pretty dull so far so if I do play it's usually older vidya, fightan or arcade style games.

I don't think it's something I'll 'outgrow', but it definitely is lower on the list of priorities now. I'm not going to stay up playing a game for 24 hours like I used to since I have things to do.
>>
>>386954693
This. Get ready for your late twenties, kids.
>>
>>386955365
I'm glad you're happy. Sorry I'm bitter.
>>
I'm just hoping I can hold out until past retirement so I can play as much neo-vidya as I can
>>
File: wogix81.jpg (105KB, 547x692px) Image search: [Google]
wogix81.jpg
105KB, 547x692px
>>386954085
26... or 27, i forget
fuck knows if i outgrow anything
im mostly depressed so much i dont even think i actually like anything at all
sometimes there is a game that sucks me in, but i dont know if i like it or its just escapism
im just tired of everything you know?
>>
>tfw 40

You kids need to get off my yonchan.
>>
>>386965495

Literally everyone is a cuck
>>
File: 1417093248316.jpg (59KB, 351x800px) Image search: [Google]
1417093248316.jpg
59KB, 351x800px
>>386954085
27 here. I don't see me stopping, just not playing as often if I get married or dating. I'm enjoying my backlog right now thanks. It's also keeping me from doing more older games like FFVII or setting up my PS2 for Ace Combat.
>>
>>386954085
I'm 25, feels bad man
Thread posts: 350
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.