[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There a reason this game is hated here? Got it pretty cheap and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: Half Genie Hero.png (456KB, 600x655px) Image search: [Google]
Half Genie Hero.png
456KB, 600x655px
There a reason this game is hated here? Got it pretty cheap and had a good time with it.
>>
File: dance.gif (2MB, 494x379px) Image search: [Google]
dance.gif
2MB, 494x379px
>>
File: 1498898136991m.jpg (82KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498898136991m.jpg
82KB, 1024x640px
>>386949691
Because /v/ hates all games, some more than others.
>>
>>386949691
Smashbabbys hated her because there was a somewhat vocal group of fans that wanted her to be playable.
>>
>>386949691
its a fine game, its just not a very good shantae game imo. its a very standard platformer compared to other entries in the series. plus it reverted all the character development from pirates curse, didnt answer any of the questions that game raised, had a bunch of useless transformations, and had a ton of backtracking with the only new areas being small rooms with treasure chests or npcs
>>
>>386950448
Shantae has character development?
>>
>>386949691
a genie is a genie

you can't say it's only a half
>>
>>386950448
oh, and i forgot to mention it was basically a retread plot-wise of the first game, and the final boss was fucking garbage
>>
>>386950559
Small shit but it's still there

Pirate's Curse was a total 10/10
>>
>>386950559
yup. riskys revenge and pirates curse were supposed to be two parts of a trilogy, giving us a new dynamic between shantae and risky boots, some insight on rottytops' past, hints regarding shantae's parents, and some details about risky's past as well. also shantae got her powers back. none of this was adressed in HGH, and nothing new was introduced either. the only thing that carried over were those two girls working for the ammo baron
>>
>>386949691

It's a good solid game, and it controls just fine, but It took out the metroidvania aspect and replaced it with finding hidden items in nooks and crannies. Also people say that the dancing mechanic is fundamentally flawed, but I see no problem with it, they just miss pirate gear. I'm sure they could do that kind of gameplay with shantae's transformations, but that would probably go agaisnt Bozon wanting shantae to dance to get them.
>>
>>386950559
On Pirate's curse it has a little bit.
1/2 Genie Hero isn't bad but it suffers from wasted potential. I finished it two weeks ago and disliked several parts of the stages, half of the transformations became useless after a few hours and you rarely use all their potential. I also miss the large dungeons.
>>
>>386950610
Way to opress her identity, shitlord
>>
Does anyone think that the game would of played massively different if none of the stretch goals were reached?
>>
>>386950116
god that looks awful
>>
>>386951069
Dances are cute and all but they get old fast. I haven't played HGH but in the original Shantae it was a fucking pain having to waste 1-2 seconds having to watch Shantae dance in every other overworld screen when backtracking (of which there was an awful lot of).
>>
File: 1502512420848.png (815KB, 995x675px) Image search: [Google]
1502512420848.png
815KB, 995x675px
How's everyone enjoying the new rotty mode they just released?
>>
>>386951429

Shut up or give source.
>>
>>386951358
I think HGH has basically the best way the dance could be, without removing it alltogether like they did in Pirate's Curse.

Specially with the Metronome if you buy it, you can switch between forms faster than any other game, making it basically just a item switch.
>>
>>386951612
>I think HGH has basically the best way the dance could be
Nah, it could easily be better. People saying dancing or transformations should be removed are small minded fools. Hopefully wayforward comes to the same brilliant idea I did because a shantae game without either of those is only half a shantae game.
>>
>>386951464
http://lustylizard.newgrounds.com/

There is a demo for the Rottytops game on their website.
>>
>>386951809
>only half a shantae game.
What's the other half? An actual good game? Guess that explains why Pirate's Curse was the best in the series.
>>
>>386951946
>What's the other half?
A generic action platformer.
>Pirate's Curse was the best in the series
It's cool to have opinions but the original shantae has yet to be surpassed. PC was a very solid game but it was also very... safe I guess.
>>
It's way too easy and linear. Go right, no keys, no challenges.
Backtracking is awful (do stage again, drop in puddle, whistle out).
Dances are situational as fuck, and no nuances to them.
>>
>>386952205
>It's way too easy
Play hardcore mode. Makes the game a lot better.
>>
>>386952176
>the original shantae has yet to be surpassed.
Haha, no. The only thing it has going for it is being impressive for a GBC game, and the cute cast. The entire game is a lesson in bad design.
>>
>>386952330
It has problems but it's not all bad. What's important is that it tried to do more than just be a by the numbers sidescroller. The later games don't even try. Which is understandable but still, I'm hoping one of these days we'll get a shantae 2 instead of shantae: subtitle.
>>
It was crowdfunded and turned out slightly worse than the previous Shantae game.
>>
>>386949691
Shante games are ok. Bright, colorful platformers that don't stray too far from being generic. They are by no means bad.
>>
File: pudding.png (64KB, 523x421px) Image search: [Google]
pudding.png
64KB, 523x421px
>>
>>386952617
>it tried to do more than just be a by the numbers sidescroller.
The only standout feature was dancing and it became annoying really fast. Being different for the sake of being different is pointless and I'd sooner play a well made by the numbers sidescroller than an annoying gimmicky one. I'm all for it if they make it work, but they haven't yet and PC still remains the most enjoyable game, regardless of whether it has the novelty factor or not.
>>
>>386949691
Waiting for a discount on Switch.
>>
>>386952797
That's because PC was a full game. HGH is more experiment then game. It's then testing the kickstarter waters.
>Can we use kickstarter to make shantae?
>Will people even give us money?
>I dunno, lets see if we can use it to make a small shantae game first.
At least that's the feeling I get now with hindsight.
>>
>>386953093
>The only standout feature was dancing and it became annoying really fast.
This is the part where you refine and improve something instead of just throwing it out completely.
>>
File: DF4pmwqWsAAvBud.jpg orig.jpg (84KB, 804x471px) Image search: [Google]
DF4pmwqWsAAvBud.jpg orig.jpg
84KB, 804x471px
it's an okay game, just kind of on the boring side at times
great music though
but personally i'm only really in it for risky
if only she had more fanart, i'm tired of shantae
>>
>>386953273
>This is the part where you refine and improve something instead of just throwing it out completely.
a problem is a lot of /v/ people are so jaded they think only to remove because they're so left-brained they don't have the creativity to know how to improve
yo i'm a rapper put me up on yo mtv raps
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.