[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with the fucking ridiculous amount of hate and anger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

What's with the fucking ridiculous amount of hate and anger surrounding this game?

No doubt the roster and graphics suck, but now basically any form of excitement or positivity towards the game is answered with rants about how just goddamn terrible this game is and how they're an idiot for even showing a passing interest. The way people have to fucking excuse themselves for thinking the gameplay looks fun is fucking insanity.
>>
>>386945130
You just answered your question, people don't like the roaster changes or how characters look. The previous game was better in that aspect and the gameplay hasn't moved up from the last entry.
>>
>>386945130
play the fucking demo.
>>
File: 1477546590703.jpg (62KB, 619x477px) Image search: [Google]
1477546590703.jpg
62KB, 619x477px
REMOVED
SHORYUKEN
MOTIONS
>>
What I want to know is why do people still buy Capcom shit?
>>
New art style doesn't really work for this kind of game, and it's kinda ugly on top of that.

Character roster kinda sucks, they took out favorites like Doom, Sent, Storm, Wolverine and Magnus. Yet we get SPENCER again...

That gameplay tho, it looks so fun and different!
>>
>>386945130
Because paying full price for an ugly, uninteresting crossover fighter is worth hating on. It's a game built on dynamic and colorful rosters and that's being strangled by both sides. Marvel pushing its movies and Capcom trying to milk it as a platform with DLC. I'll stick to Tekken.
>>
>>386945130
Story mode characters locked behind DLC, ugly/reused models, underwhelming roster with heavy focus on Marvel Cinematic Universe, Capcom rep suggesting people don't remember X-Men and that functions are more important than character.
>>
File: 1486652039727.jpg (476KB, 532x732px) Image search: [Google]
1486652039727.jpg
476KB, 532x732px
>people still trying to justify and defend this games existence

you need to shill for a better company, friend
>>
>Removed 3v3
>MCU vs Capcom
>Looks like an early PS3 title
>Boring story
>The new gameplay gimmick doesn't sound interesting at all
absolutely vomitous
>>
People are tired of capcom's bullshit.
>>
>>386945303
?

Outside of DP's being changed the demo played pretty well. Though it's hard to properly judge against bots
>>
>>386945326
Don't worry about that. I'll buy MVCI once it hits the bargin bin as a used game because only Crapcbros will be playing the game at that point. I'll list down every single PSN username I meet through the game's online modes and post them on /v/. Time to make it so that people are afraid of buying Capcom games and hurt their sales even more.
>>
>>386945130
Capcom rushes a game that looks like shit, 95% re-used assets but still manages to look worse than the previous game on LAST GEN systems and have less characters than the VANILLA version of the last game even with DLC, costs 90 dollars for the true version of the game, horrible PR, constant shilling to try to interest people in the game, shit roster with all the few interesting new characters being day 1 DLC, completely removing the assist and 3v3, and some other some stuff I'm probably forgetting yet the apologists for this game try to make anyone that criticizes it seem like the bad guy.

>b-b-but the gameplay looks good! they'll fix all those problems later!!!!

Just like with Street Fighter x Tekken and Street Fighter 5 right?
>>
File: 1493123390506.png (173KB, 308x326px) Image search: [Google]
1493123390506.png
173KB, 308x326px
Honestly if they just reused the exact same models from the last game and only spruced up the lighting textures and animations a bit and simply added like 10 new characters people acualy care about and re used more of the non Fox marvel characters from the last game such as Shuma, She hulk, Moodok, Iron Fist, Taskmaster and added an equal amount of returning Capcom characters that people like such as Amaterasu, Ace Aturney, V.Joe and Tron Bon people might have even forgiven the Recicle.
But right now they recycled the characters made them uglier and only picked the most generic and safe picks they could have picked.

I am still optimistic and hope the Leak we got is only for an early version of the game and capcom still has some characters left to announce before the game is out.
>>
>>386945670
That's the problem with Capcomfags. They need to be set straight, and the best way to do that is to harass their PSN accounts.
>>
>>386945130
People are super wary after SF5's botched launch. That wouldn't be so bad, but literally everything looks and feels cheap, and even the promotion of the game itself is half assed.
>>
>>386945130
Because it's boring
>>
>>386945670
To be fair Capcom is acualy fixing most of the SFVs problems.

SFXTekken had no fixes its entire life span only more DLC gems some of them ware even pay to win.
>>
>>386945326
If they release stuff I think looks good such as Dragon's Dogma and Resident Evil 7 then why shouldn't I buy it?
>>
>No doubt the roster and graphics suck

Isn't that enough?
>>
>>386945938
One could argue that the most important aspect of a fighting game is the actual fighting.
>>
>>386946030
Shut up combofiend. It's a fucking mashup game, the roster is the most important thing.
>>
>>386946030
Then why was Marvel 2 so loved?
>>
>>386946030
Only to hardcore fighting game fans.
People who literally only care about functions.

Most people buy fighters based on characters and how the game looks.

Why do you think Nether realm games sell so good despite being forgotten by competitive players in 2 years.
And drooped by normies online in less than 1.
>>
>>386946197
Because despite only having like 10 viable characters, the fighting was fun.
>>
>>386946197
You can do ANYTHING in Marvel 2
>>
>>386946273
And yet everyone played the same 6 characters all the time at tournaments and used the same combos and infinites.
>>
>Most of the roster doesn't even have basic trailers
>They have time to shill esports though

https://vid.me/wwmRz

Capcom's been deleting this left and right, fyi.
>>
>>386946030
Not in a Vs game. In a Vs game the roster is always the most important thing and is the main attraction for people to buy it.
>>
>>386945130
whatever happened to "Mega Crush" from Tats v. Capcom?
I think it's a great way to help cut down on the cheese of infinites. I mean, I can't be the only one that raged when I saw that shit show up at evo...
>>
File: sure you can.png (810KB, 894x447px) Image search: [Google]
sure you can.png
810KB, 894x447px
>>386945316
>>
File: 1411792412699.jpg (25KB, 403x312px) Image search: [Google]
1411792412699.jpg
25KB, 403x312px
>buying a non-mainline Capcom fighting game at launch
There is absolutely no reason to do this. Wait three or so months and Capcom will send out the patches and balance fixes as a rerelease with most of the DLC for half the price.
>>
>>386945316
they didnt removed the shoryuken's motion tho
>>
File: IMG_0203.jpg (37KB, 480x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0203.jpg
37KB, 480x259px
>it's a "OP makes the same fucking thread again" episode
>>
File: 782346822132.gif (52KB, 390x600px) Image search: [Google]
782346822132.gif
52KB, 390x600px
>>386947540
or you could wait for the the inevitable complete edition with all the DLC characters in 2 years. either way, theres no way its worth paying for when it comes out
>>
>>386945220
the gameplay looks highly improved from the shitfest that mvc3 was tho

the visuals also doesnt look horrendous like how people make it out. In motion its fluid and impactful and the effects look really good.
>>
>>386947879
>the gameplay looks highly improved from the shitfest that mvc3 was tho

DELETE THIS

2V2 IS LESS THAN 3V3
>>
>>386945303
Are people seriously triggered because the fucking story mode was shit?

Like every single person who tried the vs build confirms that the story demo is jackshit compared to that.
>>
>>386945480
the new tag system gives more complexity to the game than the 2 assists do tho
>>
>>386948068
I don't know what's up with people.
Just because you don't use three at once, doesn't make it a bad game. I think that it changes up the gameplay enough.
I know that in MvC3 I just tried to synergize between two characters and then had some anchor character that I was good with on their own as a desperation or X-factor character.
>>
None of the characters interest me. And then the ones that do interest me, are just reused straight from UMvC3

How can I enjoy a game if I can't at least play as a fun looking character? Or why should a buy a game where I have to wait for actual newcomers to be released via paid DLC?
>>
Probably because the game was made by a room of directors and business men.
>>
>>386945130
Well people learned to be wary from the disaster that capcom delivered with SF5

This will probably be just as trash
>>
It's a crossover fighter with only five new characters in the base roster, with the rest of the game beung recycled wholesale from MvC3. There's nothing new, exciting, or surprising, which is a key part of what makes games like the VS series or Smash appealing. I wouldn't mind the blatant copy pasting if it meant we got a ton of new characters with all the time/money saved by reusing assets to pad out the rest, giving the game a huge cast. Instead we have a tiny roster smaller than it's vanilla predecssor with barely anything new, and to add insult to injury they announced a day one season pass with six actually brand new characters that should have been in the base game locked behind a 30 dollar paywall.

For a casual fan of the series like me, the average joe consumer who likes fun over competitive viability, it's anti-hype. I want to see crazy inclusions, characters I would never expect to see in a game together and duking it out. Instead, it's like 80% the same old shit but with most of the fun characters removed for no reason. (on Capcom's side anyway, I understand corporate politics is what kept the X-Men out.)
>>
>>386945670
you are such a fucking bandwagon riding faggots you know that?

noone is defending the game's faults, why the fuck do you act like some special snowflakes who are the only ones standing up againts the game when the board is a complete circlejerk shitting on the game since it was announced?

do you seriously think the people who say that the graphics and the roster are shit but the gameplay is still promising are paid by capcom to shit on the game but say one nice thing about it?
>>
>>386949035
>For a casual fan of the series like me, the average joe consumer who likes fun over competitive viability, it's anti-hype.

This, so hard. Capcom is so out of touch it hurts. Yes it's important for a game to be FGC friendly, but let's be real. Street Fighter V has kind of proven you can't be successful appealing to them alone.

Normal people pick up and support fighting games like Marvel and Injustice because they like the characters. They do not give a shit about "functions", they just want to have fun button mashing as their favorite Marvel or Capcom characters with their friends.

The game will flop, and this is the reason.
>>
When it sells poorly Capcom will just think we're not interested in the franchise and scrap it for good this time.
>>
The game is clearly made on a shoestring budget and the graphics and launch roster reflects that.

Popular characters like Wesker were clearly held back to be DLC but looking at the shape of the game I don't think they could've had a bigger roster if they wanted to. Infinite is really different than MvC3 mechanically so it's not as simple as just dumping the characters in.
>>
>>386947879

>In motion its fluid and impactful

Can someone please explain this "it's fluid in motion" shit to me? I've been seeing this everywhere in defense of the game, as if not looking like stilted garbage during gameplay is somehow good enough for what is supposed to be a major fighting franchise based around pre-existing characters who all look far better in their source material. Or even fucking marvel 3.
>>
>>386950836
the game doesn't look great by any means but there is a difference between the extreme shittalking it gets and it's actual looks in motion.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=_ZLoY8XJYtQ
>>
How many shekels do I have to stuff in capcoms pocket to actually use all the content?
>>
>>386945130
Shit roster
Shit graphics that still look ios phone tier maybe alittle better
Gameplay isn't trash but i wouldn't call it interesting half of the gems seem cool the other half seem linear and bland.

The gameplay looks alright but this is a gen where GG is alive , KOF is alive and has a actual playable netcode for once , Tekken is good again , DBFZ is gonna be a better vs game most likely and they even have that secondary BB crossover 2v2 game and other fighters like Uniel also.

There is no drought so there is no point in settling for a okay game at best and being fucked by Capcoms poor practices.
>>
>>386948225
The thing is people keep saying this but not really so far. All "pros" have been doing is throwing out a active super or special and tagging in and moving behind it. Its no different from 99% of assists used and no different from Guile walking in behind a sonic boom in SF games.

We might see some strings in the future but that seems like the primary use. Its just more flexible versions of the same approach game.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.