[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pick up Lamulana >run around for 3 hours and accomplish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: a1836830962_16[1].jpg (118KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a1836830962_16[1].jpg
118KB, 700x700px
>pick up Lamulana
>run around for 3 hours and accomplish absolutely nothing
>turns out it's actually some obtuse puzzle game
>get bored and drop it

>pick up Shantae: Pirate's curse
>play it and enjoy it

>Pick up Axiom Verge
>play it and beat it

>pick up Hollow Knight
>Play it and beat it

>Play Pharaoh Rebirth
>Play it and beat it

>pick up Momodora: Reverie in the Moonlight
>Play it and beat it

>Pick up Vladis Story
>play it and beat it

Why is Lamulana pushed so hard when it's painfully mediocre and every other game in its genre outclasses it?
>>
>>386944397
>he didn't play evil genome
>>
>>386944397
t. brainlet
>>
>>386944532

Sorry, I play games for FUN. Lamulana felt like work.
>>
>>386944578
So you're a diapper weariing casual. I thought that was against the law.
>>
Shit's way too obtuse. I managed to figure some of it out myself but I think the whole thing is pretty ridiculous.
>>
File: 1480432906324.jpg (20KB, 512x523px) Image search: [Google]
1480432906324.jpg
20KB, 512x523px
>>386944397
>pick up Lamulana
>run around for 3 hours and accomplish absolutely nothing
>turns out it's actually some obtuse puzzle game
Holy shit, this happened to me as well. I actually missed one puzzle grail and I just kept going forward hoping for some way to come back to the surface to heal, especially when I crossed that place where there is no real way back and I still managed to get as far as fire temple. I managed to stay alive by grinding exp and leveling up. Then I found there is an item you get at very beginning that allows for teleportation between sites. I dropped the game at that time.

Then I came back, started anew, played a bit and kind of grew tired of constant bullshit difficulty and tedious puzzles.
>>
>>386944397
Compare it to spoiler free Metroid.
What's it like?
Is it even remotely intuitive or do you just smash your face on the keyboard and hope for the best?
>>
Who cares about OP?
When is La-Mulana 2 finally fucking comint out!?
>>
>>386944397
Are Shantae games metroidvania?
>>
>>386944397
fucking casual
disgusting this is /v/ right now
>>
>>386944397
Yeah, i don't want to use a guide either, it's bad game design.
>>
lamulana is a puzle game that some retards are pushing as a good metroidvania, when all its metroidvania bits are awful, especially terrible combat
>>
>game is more hardcore than virtually everything you listed
>Dev is a massive fan of MSX games, specifically Maze of Galious and Lamulana is a huge loveletter to those games.
>said games were even harder

Gee OP I wonder you don't like a game more about puzzles than action. La-mulana isn't for everyone. Just walk away if you don't wanna play it.
>>
>>386946265
SOON
>>
>>386944714
>diapper
>>
>>386946265
Nigoro, the dev has been hospitalized recently so that's probably effecting development. I think they were shooting for a fall 2017 release but going off the backer updates I've read I think late spring 2018 seems more likely.
>>
>>386946623
He's already out of the hospital and they're basically in maximum overdrive because the kickstarter dosh is running or has run dry
>>
>>386946230
It's exponentially more obtuse than every Metroid game combined.
You could say it's an archeology game, you have to try every possible thing you can think of to a scientific degree
>>
The guy on the cover screams indiana jones what the fuck did you expect
>>
OP is correct.

The rest of yall are just fags.

Who wants to play a game with a guide open and following every moment? What even is the point of playing the game now? You're just following a list of instructions.
>>
>Make game as obtuse as possible
>If you read a random signpost twice you're stuck in hardmode
>>
>>386946230
Besides a couple Puzzles (mostly Hell Temple and some of the glyphs) the game is reasonably intuitive. You -HAVE- to write shit down you read though, or you -WILL- have to consult a guide. You might have to anyway. Game is hard. Basically imagine Classicvania but harder with metroid exploration. Cannot be stated enough game is hard.
>>
The game fills a certain niece for certain people

I personally can't get behind the whole "you have to make links between entirely different areas" such as having tablets give you information on a totally different area and having nothing to do with the area it is in, it's just plopped there
>>
>>386944532
Just be honest, you used a guide to complete that shit.

I thought La-Mulana was a neat little game, but no fucking way I'd either spend a bazillion hours solving those puzzles or completely ruin the experience by using a guide. Like you did and will deny.
>>
>>386947251
i could fill your niece
>>
>>386947191
>>If you read a random signpost twice you're stuck in hardmode
>>

wut?
>>
>>386947328
i'm a retard as you can clearly tell, spellchecker is my noice
>>
>>386947670
The sign says "If you read this again you will die."
>>
>Game literally tells you you're gonna need to take notes.
>Proceed to ignore everything, not keep notes, not pay attention to giant fucking statues and what have you in the background
>Bitch about it on 4chan
>>
>>386947885
stfu autist how the fuck was i supposed to know to not read a tablet that says not to read it again
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.