[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that one time when XV-kun tried to convience me that the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: XVcutspear.webm (3MB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
XVcutspear.webm
3MB, 680x382px
>that one time when XV-kun tried to convience me that the second spear attack wasn't cut from the final game and is the same as the initial one

I miss Duscae's combat system and its potential.
Also is anyone at all bothering with the second beta phase?
XV thread I suppose.
>>
>>386942358
I feel like I saw everything there was to see in the initial beta. It was a miserable experience.
>>
File: NEVEREVER.webm (3MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
NEVEREVER.webm
3MB, 600x336px
>>386942778
I think the customization was pretty neat but it's horribly unbalanced and if the missions that there are in the beta are indicative of the majority of the final version's quest, it will become dead in weeks.
>>
>>386942358
I want Duscae combat so bad anon! The current one is so shit
>>
>>386943169
You and me both
The only potential downside of this is only being able to air combo with one weapon, but it's easily fixable if you were allowed to customize the air combo structure just as the ground one or if you could switch between multiple pre-set decks real time.

But no, people fell for E3 2013 trailer and thought they'd implement the weapon switching like it was shown there
>>
>>386943148
man seeing the old combat always hurts me a little inside
>>
>>386943148
>fire magic akin to the ring/comrades beta
Fuck grenades
>>
>>386943293
Tabata did say the aerial combat was being reworked during the demo, so it might have worked similar to ground combos by the time they had finished. But then he decided to butcher everything a year from release. Heartbreaking desu
>>
File: uwot.webm (531KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
uwot.webm
531KB, 1280x720px
>>386943417
>mfw the weapons-magic system from the beta won't get implemented in the main game
>>
>>386942358
>that simple golden symbol
>not HUGE button prompt that lasts for 3-4 seconds
Where did it all go so wrong. Maybe next time they should avoid building their game on fan feedback only, especialy japanese feedback
>>
>>386943148
So can anyone fucking tell me why the fuck did they butcher the weapons models in the final game?

Avenger sword in Ep. Duscae and Force Edge in 2014/2015 trailers looked much more detailed and had bigger hilts
>>
>>386943625
>Where did it all go so wrong
After casuals who have never played an action game complained that the demo was too difficult and too complicated
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (296KB, 882x479px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
296KB, 882x479px
>>386943746
and this is the final game
What the fuck, it looks retarded now
>>
File: 1502393917586.png (238KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502393917586.png
238KB, 500x500px
>>386942358
Stop making threads about this game, it makes me sad!
>>
>>386943746
I'm sure they thought "westerners hate big anime weapons"
>>
>>386943810
Man that first area was fucking ugly, even the duscea area didn't look as good as the demo in most cases. I think the only time i was impressed by the visuals was that small forest part near the river and it was optional to begin with.
Look at the vegetation it's just floating there with no shadows or AO at all.
They really fell for the billions of main character and enemy polygons meme, you'd think they learned from XIV 1.0
>>
>>386943818
>Stop making threads about this game, it makes me sad!
nothing makes me feel worse than watching these videos. that last line by Tabata just makes me even more angry that he scrapped everything after the demo
>one of our most experienced combat planners is working on this
considering this was after they merged with Nomura's KH2 team, it was probably the person who designed that system. fucking hell man it's so depressing
>>
File: stop tickling me noct.webm (871KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
stop tickling me noct.webm
871KB, 700x600px
>>386944167
shit, forgot the links
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgf-Dme7GE4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5_8kyz7o6I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr2t2Si60Ak
>>
>>386944167
Mitsunori Takahashi is currently working on the Final Fantasy VII Remake and probably has been since it started around 2014/15

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/final-fantasy-vii-remake-producer-yoshinori-kitase-talks-progress-weekly-famitsu
>Regarding battles..
>Kitase: “We’ve solidified the base [of the battle system]. Tetsuya Nomura, of course, and Mitsunori Takahashi, who took part in Kingdom Hearts and Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy, are putting all of their effort into it.”
>>
>>386944167
Makes me feel bad for the dev team, all the animations and the ideas and the balancing just to turn it into a teleporsting fest x2 speed with no balance because of some feedback.
Even the art team and everyone else seems to be really talented, i mean 99% of the mosnters and their animations look amazing. But everyone is held back by weird uppper decisions
>>
>>386944167
>>386944167
>tfw we'll never get cuhrayzee armiger, enemy parkour and non-autistic combo attacks

Fuck, I bitched about that so hard in the official forum when it was still up but noone cared.
>>
File: Noctis_and_Ace.png (859KB, 950x619px) Image search: [Google]
Noctis_and_Ace.png
859KB, 950x619px
>>386944290
>But everyone is held back by weird uppper decisions
Part of me wants to believe that Square forced Tabata to make the changes after the feedback. Even Type-0 has better combat than FFXV. How does that even happen?
>>
Why do these threads always reek of autism? Not even XIII had it for this long.
>>
>>386944567
What are they supposed to like then?
>>
>>386943810
fuck man i was so disappointed when i got that weapon and it look to shit. fucking hell man, what on earth happened to the model?
>>
>>386944567
If you think this civilised discussion is autism then just wait until XV-kun gets here you'll feel right at home
>>
>>386944685
It's always "man i wish it was the demo" or "i wish it was the trailer".
It's like the same people have a need to whine about it daily like that will change anything.
Let it die.
>>
>>386944280
>Mitsunori Takahashi is currently working on the Final Fantasy VII Remake and probably has been since it started around 2014/15
i know this is all speculating but that's also around the time that the duscae combat was completely overhauled to the shitshow we have now. maybe they gave it to an intern
>>
>>386944567
Because one autist usually shows up, derails them and ultimately ruins any and all discussion. We must be lucky at the moment as he isn't here. Well, yet.
>>
>>386944843
Considering it's still going to be in development for at least a year, bitching about those things not on 4chan though may actually do something
>>
>>386944843
Just don't come into these threads and don't keep bumping them if you want it to die
>>
>>386944080
>even the duscea area didn't look as good as the demo in most cases.

Did you play the game?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.