[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Witcher 3 is so bizarrely both very high quality and pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: gevalt.png (1MB, 1198x672px) Image search: [Google]
gevalt.png
1MB, 1198x672px
The Witcher 3 is so bizarrely both very high quality and pretty average quality that I feel like I could easily have hated it were it not for a few features.
The sheer amount of varied gear in the game is probably one of the main things that made me continue to enjoy it despite the repetitiveness.

Gear and good writing.
>>
>>386936430
name 3 things of "average quality"

>in b4 combat meme
>in b4 dijkstra's demise
>in b4 downgrade

it's literally the best game ever made desu
>>
File: Gary of Niv.png (1MB, 982x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Gary of Niv.png
1MB, 982x1280px
>>386936430
what a mundane and boring post to start a thread off with

how'd you like that silver
>>
>>386937408
>combat meme
No, I like the combat.

I found it extremely repetitive that every mission was just "talk to guy, use batman vision, fight, rinse repeat" but the writing held it up in that regard.
>>
>>386936430
Who would have thought gear progression and writing would be the saving graces of an RPG.
Fucking shocked.
>>
>>386937408
i believe there exists a copy and paste spaghetti that begins in this very fashion
>>
>>386937408
Geralt walks and runs like a toy figurine
>>
It would have been good to play it and the expansions at the time of release and experience a somewhat active community around the game but as time goes on the less I think I'll ever go back to it especially considering it's a rather big investment and it's only real merit is the story, the gameplay itself is not very compelling and its graphics are looking dated fast.
>>
File: f0b081ec57c5603866debfed1c5840af.jpg (422KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
f0b081ec57c5603866debfed1c5840af.jpg
422KB, 1600x1200px
>>386937408
Not only average but sometimes even garbage quality.
Let's start with main villain.
W1 villain was basically a dude who wanted to save the world from upcoming apocalypse just had some controversial/radical ways of doing it.
W2 villain is basically your old bro who got you in trouble by accident and never considered you an enemy.
W3 villain is edgy Sauron-wannabe who has maybe 10 lines of dialogue all cheesy villain oneliners like "ANY LAST WORDS?" "LONG LIVE THE KING" etc.
And you see this shit through the whole game.
Whoreson Junior? Literally fucking who? I don't get normies who say that they hated him so much. I could never really care. I never felt any hate towards him like, for example that priest in Act I in first Witcher. The latter was a piece of shit but believable.
Whoreson? LOOK HE'S EVIL HE KILLS WOMEN FOR FUN LOOK HOW EVIL HE IS
I bet some dumb woman writer designed this storyline.
Radovid. W1 and W2 he was a cruel, ruthless but very smart ruler, Something like Stannis in GoT but with deep hate to magic. W3 he's just a mad brat like Joffrey. Character is completely ruined.
Geralt got turned into a nice guy faggot with pink puffy face instead of edgy and grumpy witcher he used to be.
I could literally go on and go on and this still only the story. Not to mention all of the shit mechanics that are in game.
>>
>>386936430
Agreed, one of the best visual novels ever created.
>>
>>386939202
So "we want casual audience" ruined it, right?
>>
File: 2586-0-1501757780.png (446KB, 942x565px) Image search: [Google]
2586-0-1501757780.png
446KB, 942x565px
>>
>>386939449
Basically, yea.
W3 is just generic fantasy with some "slavic" dust sprinkled over it a bit to seem more unique.
Though you can tell that there were some leftovers of good stuff like the Bloody Baron questline.
>>
File: b8.gif (340KB, 307x230px) Image search: [Google]
b8.gif
340KB, 307x230px
>>386939202
>>
>>386939202
You're wrong on so many levels and can't seem to grasp storylines very well. Let me just address one of your points because I can't be arsed to correct you on everything. Letho was not the main "villain" in the 2, he was a pawn. You're introduced to the main over arching "villain" 30 minutes into the game, but it somehow eluded you completely even after the game was over.

tl;dr you're basically retarded, please don't even bother replying to me because I've wasted enough time.
>>
>>386941184
it's bait pal

just look at the lame analysis and half-baked weeb points he makes, there's no way it's genuine opinion.
>>
>>386936430
I hate Witcher 3 and what they did with the story.

In Witcher 2 it sounded like we'll travel into Nilfgaard to look for Yennefer who has Amnesia with Triss as companion to help us.
In Witcher 1 we were one of the Wild Hunt riders and the spectre said we're are Death, wherever we go it follows us.
Those 2 combined would have been epuc level conclusion. Instead it goes out in a limp dick with Ciri stoppibg the White frost which cannot be stopped in the books
>>
>>386937730
Thing is, you could track things w/o relying on the vision to find it for you
>>
>>386941006
>>386939202
Huh? He's right on the money in just about every way.

>>386941184
You suffer from some serious mental deficiencies if you think Letho is not the antagonist in TW2. Christ, he's like the archetypal reluctant antagonist. But perhaps I'm just falling for your low quality b8.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.