[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have to press x to crouch >any movement makes you go prone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1502372474880.jpg (172KB, 650x940px) Image search: [Google]
1502372474880.jpg
172KB, 650x940px
>have to press x to crouch
>any movement makes you go prone
>have to tap x twice to go from prone to crouch
>have to hold L1, press and hold square, and then release square to fire your weapon while aiming
>have to press start, go into a menu, go into another menu, and select multiple parts of your body and then select items specifically needed to heal them any time you sustain serious injury
>cutscene happens
>codec call immediately after a cutscene recaps what you just saw verbatim with absolutely nothing added
>annoying food mechanic
>every single character is unlikable except The Pain

I suppose MGS3 is cool and all showing why Big Boss is fucking crazy and why the Patriots went up, but I liked MGS1 better.
>>
I agree. MGS1 had better setting, characters, controls, music, and story.
>>
>>386925949
Can't really say I disliked the Cold War setting. Pretty refreshing if you ask me. Also liked the jungle.
However MGS1's OST definitely reigns supreme
>>
>>386926146
It would've been cooler if you could set up traps like snares and stuff to catch the guards in. Like Rambo does.
>>
>>386925594
dont forget having to go through menus every time you want to change your face or body camo
>>
>>386925594
This is also probably the worst Metal Gear game to start with by far. Chronological-order autists will have to wade through hell.
>>
>>386926302
Would've been nice to have but I just feel that it's a bit too linear with some tight areas for traps to make sense.
Could be that I'm mistaking tho. Has been some time since I played it last.
>>
>>386926469
Is this chronological meme even still perpetuated?
MGS is far more enjoyable if you play it in release order
>>
>>386926859
This, honestly. I played them MGS 2, 3, 1 and hated everything about 1.

Some years later I went back and played MG (MSX) 1, then 2 and then finally MGS1 again and loved it. Now it's one of my favorite games. I enjoyed it a whole lot more when I realized it plays just like the MSX ones only with polygons.
>>
File: wtc-intro.jpg (37KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
wtc-intro.jpg
37KB, 400x462px
>>386926859
Yes, in full force.

Lets see what new people to the series have to play through if they do this
>MGS3, bad controls out the ass even veterans agree on this, even veterans who claim MGS3 is the best game in the series agree on this, enough to put off most casuals instantly
>Portable Ops, literally the worst MG game ever made
>Peacewalker, same bad controls but now with bad visuals, story, and gameplay to back it up, only good thing is Kaz and the beach episode, need to 100% it for the true end
>unfinished game that answers no questions, leaves nothing at all to the story, and actually creates plot holes in the series and would continue to do so even if it were finished
>somewhat good NES games
>get two good games then Solid Snake dies of old age cutscene montage game
>Raiden becomes Bayonetta down to having the same body
>handheld alt-universe anime spin-offs

What sours it all even more for myself is that the MGS series had the potential to be as great as Kojima sees it as. It could've been some true Ghost in the Shell level philosophical terrorist action. All the games, even the bad ones, have amazing aesthetics and style that just suck you right the fuck in and immerse you almost instantly. There's just so many odd fucking design flaws with almost every game in the series that stops it short and it's always a different newly added flaw each single entry.
>>
controls just need some getting used to. personally liked the classic first person shooting over the over the shoulder shooter, just makes it a lil bit harder.
>>
The camera is also shit, even in the HD release
>>
>>386925594
everything you mentioned is what made him crazy
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.