[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2004 >playing Runescape >parents keep calling it rune

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 28

File: file.png (694KB, 765x529px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
694KB, 765x529px
>2004
>playing Runescape
>parents keep calling it rune escape; implying I was trying to escape from reality
>wouldn't let me play video games except on weekends
>ended up falling behind my friends and getting addicted to video games because of video game deprivation
>meeting a pro that gave me free black armor
>grinding guards
>getting lost and scared after getting stuck in draynor manor
>getting your first cape
>joining the thieves guild
>finally being strong enough to kill scorpions at the al kharid mine

What were you most memorable video game experiences?
>>
>>386923010
I wish I could go back. To a simpler time.
>>
I have a Santa Hat. Some guy traded it to me for like a few hundred GP just before Runescape 3 came out.
>>
>Hop in it now out of nostalgia and because some friends play it
>They're minmaxers, everybody just grinds all day, nobody talks and half the people you see in skilling areas are bots
>The samey homogenous internet "culture" that has ruined everything else good on the net is all over runescape
>>
>>386923010
RS nostalgia kills me. I still think that the spirit behind this game is what should be the driving developmental force for MMOs, sadly this will probably never happen.
>>
>>386923496
>two and a half British guys manage to churn out more interesting storylines, dialogues, music, and areas than one billion activision employees
>everybody and their mom still feels compelled to make the next WoW-killer via notWoW 2: The Gear Treadmilling
You would think one of these companies with an investor so far up their asses he'd be capable of piloting them by yanking on their epiglottis would get the hint to cut that shit out and go back to sandboxes
>>
I remember this one time in Castle Wars I stole the enemy's flag and fucking booked it to the opposite side of the map back to the allied castle. Greatest day of my 7 year old life.

Really wish RS was more grassroots and as popular as before. I think removal of the wildy and free trade fucked the game's community permanently and the implementation of the GE really ruined that grassroots feel of socializing with other players and really immersing yourself in the world. Nothing like traveling from the general store and the banks in Varrock looking for a particular item you want. Nowadays, people are more focused on this idea of "no XP loss" and the game itself is catered towards veterans more so than creating content that's fun and immersive for the players, regardless if you're new or old.
>>
>>386923496
It was a product of its' time, same as Ultima and other older mmos.

There is generally little reason to ask other players questions about the game due to how easy it is to find the information on the net and on wikis.

Why ask about where to level when there are various leveling guides for whatever game you're playing? Why ask about builds when there are online skill calculators and all the build information you could need.

These days if you dont find the answers to basic shit yourself it just makes you lazy asshole who wants to spoonfed everything. These changes aren't positive or negative, it's just the progression of information being so easily accessible.
>>
File: file.png (382KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
382KB, 480x360px
>playing RO
>get invited to a guide
>"wanna level together? :)"
>s-sure
>end up spending weeks leveling with this girl and chatting with her in Prontera after our training sessions
>one day her boyfriend who I didn't know existed suddenly logs in
>she introduces me to him
>"Thanks for helping me take care of her"
>he's much richer and has much better gear than me
cucked
>>
All the chink gold farmers ruined this game. How hard is it to hire a few moderators to wander around banning them before the problem gets too big?
>>
>>386923334
Y tho
>>
>rune escape

And here I thought that was a french canadian bastardization of Runescape, where are you from OP?
>>
>>386923357
>samey homogenous internet "culture"

I know we all like to laugh around and joke about how society is becoming truly degenerate and it's careening out of control through oncoming traffic towards a railroad and also the train has no brakes but your point in particular belies the true nature of how shitty life is
>>
>tfw Draynor Manor scares you so much as a kid you took forever to get Vampire Slayer done
>>
>Account stats migrated to RS3 without my consent
>Forced to change name due to inactivity
>Stupid fucking pay to get random shit "mini-game" thrown in my face every day
>Best private server is full of 4chan users

I miss the good times of chopping logs all day while bullshitting with everyone around me.
>>
>>386924454
Just play Oldschool
>>
I'm having fun with Oldschool Runescape RIGHT NOW
>>
>>386924520

>starting from scratch
>in the grindiest version of the game

Not him, but I tried it until I realized 11 year old me had way more free time than current me and getting back to 95 combat with 70+ in all non combat skills was going to take me literal months.
>>
>>386924392
>got spooked the heck up with that music
>thought the front door was the only way in/out, home teleported the first time I got there and couldn't open it once inside
>freaked out at trees attacking me
>kinda wanted one of the chairs as a permanent follower
The best part was going to fight count Draynor, then forgetting either the garlic or the stake, just like Elvarg and the anti-dragonfire shied.
>>
File: cooking Level 1.gif (2MB, 134x240px) Image search: [Google]
cooking Level 1.gif
2MB, 134x240px
>>386924026
>I think removal of the wildy and free trade fucked the game's community permanently and the implementation of the GE really ruined that grassroots feel of socializing with other players and really immersing yourself in the world.

100x this. It sucked the soul right out of the game. It really made every area in the game in every channel into a ghost town.
>>
>>386924520
>Pay Fagex monthly to start my 15 year old account over and deal with their shitty new content

Good joke.
>>
>>386924923
I feel like you're angry but don't actually understand everything.
>>
>>386924026

Agreed. That old wild west feeling was fucking great and the atmosphere of entering pretty much any bank in runescape and finding hundreds of players selling their wares and haggling prices was so fucking awesome. The game felt so real, and since you couldn't just go buy all your levelling supplies from a machine you could actually find people in skilling areas that would talk to you. Fucking great stuff.

Honestly what they need to do is an ironman-lite where it's basically the same game but oldschool wildy and you can't use the GE.
>>
File: 1498129860177.jpg (81KB, 540x807px) Image search: [Google]
1498129860177.jpg
81KB, 540x807px
>playing WoW as a 13 yr old
>do Kara with a lot of guildies
>this one spriest seems chill. Likes to just shoot the shit
>stops loggin, think nothing of it.
>two months later, see a post from him on our forums
>it's his bro and he said that the he had cancer and we were a positive influence on his life. He had then passed but since he joined our guild his spirits were a lot higher

know it was probably a lie but felt more then, than when my grandpa died
>>
OSRS was a huge disappointment from the very beginning.

>making people pay a huge amount of money to play it compared to RS3 players, because they just didn't get enough votes (we all know it was because they didn't want MORE players in OSRS than RS3)
>fucking content updates such as reimplementing the GE, one of the things which ruined the game for many of us
>>
>>386924786
>Home teleport
>>
File: 2006 Runescape.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
2006 Runescape.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>386923010
The first time i ever skipped school
>4th grade or some shit i forget
>Too afraid to find out because it might be over a decade ago
>First day construction came out
>Rimmington is fuckin poppin
>Spend the whole day figuring out how everything works and getting planks etc
>6 hours later get 3 chairs
>In game friends come over
>all of us are just so excited over my 1 room house with 3 chairs and maybe a carpet
>running around shouting
>"anon come visit my place!!"
>"can we be roommates? :o"
>We were so happy and satisfied over maybe 6000gp of shit
>We were happy
>happy
That "one time thing" (That i told my parents) of me skipping school progressed into me dropping out of hs later in life.
Life back then was so fucking simple, you didn't have to be better than everyone else, have the best shit, hold statuses, decide if you should be proud of yourself based off of others approval...
Young me was just fucking happy to be there and experience it, now i can only feel that way after a few beers and 3oz of liquor.
>>
EoC was a mistake, I have no idea why Jagex doesn't just reverse it, I would be fine with all this p2w shit if the game was back to how it was around 2006-2010
>>
I feel like a lot of you guys are just jaded in general because I've been enjoying OSRS just fine.
>>
>>386925443
>(we all know it was because they wanted jewgold and also because they didn't want more players in OSRS than RS3)
fixed
>>
>>386925686
That would be admitting that they fucked up with EoC. Regardless of whoever is in charge of fagex's decision making, they seem to have a huge ego, rarely are shitty updates rectified within a reasonable timeframe.
The climbing boots funtime was probably the best example of that shit.
>>
>>386923357
>The samey homogenous internet "culture" that has ruined everything else good on the net is all over runescape
I fucking hate this man, people typing ":^)" and "Kappa" and treating everything like goddamn twitch chat or facebook meme pages piss me off so irrationally bad
>>
>>386924564
I am too but it's not the same. I'm just afk training skills in the background while I play other games. Everyone is concerned about efficiency or meta when it comes to combat. There are external tools people use like one that keeps track of people who enter the wilderness with more than 4 items and how much money you'd make if you killed them.

I still enjoyed doing all the quests though, although now I feel like there's not much content left that interests me
>>
>>386926485
>try to have conversation with fellow coal miner
>he's either entirely silent or spews forth a biblical flood of memes
Getting pretty tired of this
>>
>>386923010
I remember when I met the REAL Santa when I first started playing. I can't remember if he managed to get the name "Santa" or "Santa Claus" though.
>>
>>386925443
>reimplementing the GE, one of the things which ruined the game for many of us
I think it's okay. Don't have to deal with people saying
>offer :)
>[my offer]
>Lol
>>
File: 1502203239107.png (95KB, 218x261px) Image search: [Google]
1502203239107.png
95KB, 218x261px
>>386924392
>mfw I brought onions instead of garlic
>>
>>386927116
>player maintained GE/trading post site established
>prices for certain items mysteriously rise or drop in price despite there being no updates related to them
>>
>getting membership for the first time and crossing that wall by Falador
It was like an entirely different game had just opened up to me. Then I died trying to cross the mountain but it was great.
>>
>>386925443
The novelty of trading instead of having the GE will quickly wear off.

I remember playing on release of oldschool and after a few months I was begging for the addition of the GE. Spending a literal whole day trading and spamming chat just to be able to go progress on the game was aids. Trading post didn't do much to help.
>>
>>386927585
What was stopping you from grinding out what you wanted to buy?
>>
>>386927585
That's what the trading forum was for
>>
>>386927585
The GE in osrs is fine because of how efficiency focused the community is. I can see how it was a bad update when it first came out but I had stopped playing years before it was first introduced so I don't have a first hand experience with it. I play on the osrs servers and the GE just makes the game easier. Super easy to make money since there's almost always a demand for the items you've grinded
>>
>>386929382
Back to /pol/ you go little faggot
>>
>>386924454
Nothing migrated you just ignored a game that gets weekly updates for a number of years. What did you expect to happen? Letting people transfer stats to osrs would have been the stupidest thing imaginable.
>>
>>386924026
Abso-fucking-lutely.
But you'll still have shitters throw their bodies for every bullet spat at the GE, just so they can hop from max their skills out. They've lost the true sense of that game.
>>
>>386923010
It's okay op, I remember being told about it by some random at the YMCA and trying to find it typing "run escape". I didn't know the guy, and only saw him that one time, so it was completely hopeless and I missed the comfy alpha :^(
>>
>>386923357
>everybody just grinds all day

RS was always about grinding

>nobody talks

they do, you just need someone to initiate a conversation

>half the people you see in skilling areas are bots

RS always had bots, albeit not as many as now
>>
File: aps_in_ruins2.png (142KB, 726x433px) Image search: [Google]
aps_in_ruins2.png
142KB, 726x433px
>>386923010
>Meet up with my f2p clan of pures in Varrock church
>talk shit against other clan
>one clan goes north and waits somewhere deep in the wilderness to defend
>other masses up some more people and goes up to attack
>battle commences
>after the battle is complete the ground is littered with shitloads of gear, if I survive I get more stuff than I can carry
>carefully try to return to Varrock as theres not many clanmates left after the battle and noone has any food since we needed to make room for the weapons, arrows and other shit that was just sitting there on the ground
>repeat the next day or in an hour or two
>>
>>386929382
fucking hell gb2T_D or discuss video games
>>
>>386929382
Nice falseflag you gimboid
>>
your account was shit just start over in oldschool faggots
>>
>>386923010
Playing Runescape circa 05 was the best time of my life.
>>
>>386923010
Collecting all the holiday crap for a couple of years in a row.

Sucks that I can't log into my old account.
>>
>>386923357
God dammit.
Used to be that way area had its own culture and feel and people. Easy to lurk and join but felt interesting and new each time.
Now it feels like reddit memesters everywhere.
>>
OSRS coming to mobile later this year
>>
File: truthaboutMMOs.jpg (155KB, 1329x408px) Image search: [Google]
truthaboutMMOs.jpg
155KB, 1329x408px
>>386927585
I hate you.
>>
>>386924102
lmao
>>
>>386924923
OSRS is the best version of runescape and it's completely free. You can even get membership with in-game gp now.
>>
>>386935671
You obviously don't know the difference between actual conveniencefags and people who welcome QoL improvements.
>>
>>386935671
Literally everyone was on trading forums before GE anyway
>>
>>386935890
Oh. Thanks for letting me know, Mr. Gower! Booting it up right now.
>>
>>386935671
Fuck you, GE was one of the best updates post-2006.
Without the GE the game is instantly a fuck ton more grindier.
And using the GE for cash gains is great and actually can teach you shit about real life money management.
>>
>>386936190
Excuse me, but it's actually Mr. Mike Gerhard.
>>
File: Peace Was Never An Option.jpg (26KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
Peace Was Never An Option.jpg
26KB, 400x533px
>>386923010

>2006
>inna clan, about 40 of us
>larger clan who we are allied with suddenly calls for help one day
>they'd been providing anti-crash for a clan war
>said war got crashed by Noob Inc.
>the warring clans stop fighting and also call their allies
>Noob Inc. puts the word out to other no honour clans and loads of them start showing up
>it's now honour clans vs no honour clans fighting it out in level 40 wildy
>fight gets more chaotic as more clans catch word and join while killed players return to the fight
>devolves from a straight fight into hard points surrounded by no mans land
>some clans take the oppurtunity to settle vendettas against others and hunt eachother down
>bounties being paid for kill messages of clan leaders
>looters e'rrywhere
>piles e'rrywhere
>people dying e'rrywhere
>fight goes on for roughly a day as clans from other timezones log in and join
>end result: inconclusive
>billions of gp lost

What a day.
>>
>>386936190
Shitty attempt at memeing? You no longer need to pay actual money for membership, and the only version of runescape worth playing(that's currently available) is osrs.

Shill memes were a mistake and Paul Gower doesn't even work for/own Jagex anymore. He's completely irrelevant.
>>
>>386933168
>RS was always about grinding
There's a much larger emphasis on it, between exp boosting items and DXP weekends and the super completionist cape existing, along with things that are just needlessly bloated like memeaphos
>they do, you just need someone to initiate a conversation
And you'll wind up in a dialogue from someone that simultaneously has the culture of 10 years ago with the cynicism and cuntiness typical of today
>>
>>386936346
>DXP weekends and the super completionist cape existing
get off RS3 lmao
>>
>>386924786
I used to sit outside Elvarg's room with telegrab runes and watch people go in to fight. Lots and lots of people either forgetting their antidragon shield or trying to range her with a maple bow. It was pretty funny and decently profitable. I got a trimmed addy kiteshield and helm from someone dying there once.
>>
>>386936346
>There's a much larger emphasis on it
That's because it's a more relevant goal now. And it's more achievable. There's no problem adding more end game content and rewarding players who practically beat the game.
>>
For me what made it so great as back then you didn't have the resources you have now for RuneScape. The wonders of exploring are now dead we can just look stuff up
>>
>>386936261
I've never seen anything like this happen before. Is there a video of this somewhere? I'd like to see some crazy shit like this go down.
>>
>>386936391
>look up osrs comp cape
>nothing, only max cape
>it has the same stats as a regular skillcape, can give it stats of other pretty gud capes
Holy shit, that's actually a not-retarded decision they made there, I'm honestly impressed.
>>
>>386933523
Holy fuck are you me?
>in a pking clan, 400+ people
>leader organises a war with another super large clan
>one clan met in varrock dummies, the other in the church
>800 people, two full clan chats each with the leaders on voice to coordinate
>we go up to the area between spiders and greater demons
>an hour and a half of absolute fucking chaos and the bloodiest massacre I've seen in runescape
>survive
>walk away with 26 rune plates, a couple thousand death runes and a couple thousand addy arrows
Terminal FTW, nevar 5get the day we fucking destroy Divine Kings
>>
File: 1478585730111.png (123KB, 285x284px) Image search: [Google]
1478585730111.png
123KB, 285x284px
>>386927185
>>
>>386936485
>ywn again believe the rumors of digging in specific places to get fat stacks of cash
Makes me wish there was a new world with a similar engine but major gameplay overhauls/additions, just to start discovering things again without having to outright switch to a different game.
>>
>>386923010
God you europoors are pathetic
Quit clinging to an ancient shitty game with the worst mechanics of any mmorpg to date.
>>
File: 1478585730111.png (747KB, 772x817px) Image search: [Google]
1478585730111.png
747KB, 772x817px
>>386936796
>implying Runescape wasn't cherished worldwide
>>
File: chronicle_aug09_villandra_war2.gif (139KB, 680x421px) Image search: [Google]
chronicle_aug09_villandra_war2.gif
139KB, 680x421px
>>386936494

I doubt I could find a video of that particular fight. We tended not to make videos much back then, and the ones that did get made were terrible quality. Still, picture this raging accross the entire deep wildy for about a day and you'll get an idea what it was like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD6351-0GXc
>>
File: happy hands.jpg (17KB, 191x189px) Image search: [Google]
happy hands.jpg
17KB, 191x189px
>>386923010
>be dirt poor pleb
>someone drops 40k and full mithril on the ground in varrock for some reason
>notice people undercutting in trade
>start doing the same
>eventually get 100k and membership
>buy a granite maul for 70k
>sell for 100k in another city
>do this over and over until i could afford basically anything
thanks family
>>
>>386936729
Like in that bank with the ruby in coins or how you could go upstairs and somehow get to the gold Stacks in the bank upstairs
>>
>>386929382
Oh hey look its that one poster, how many "go back to /pol/s" must you farm?
>>
>>386936935
I liked how they had those little purposeless side areas like that, or the basement of the Blue Moon Inn, or the upstairs of both Varrock banks.
It was really grating to see some of the new cities and shit in 3 only for them to be devoid of that, there should be a 'there's nothing to do in this building' quota to fill for cities instead of jam packing them with stuff and not leaving any room to breathe.
>>
File: pures insulting pures2.png (228KB, 717x464px) Image search: [Google]
pures insulting pures2.png
228KB, 717x464px
>>386936665
>>386936261
>>386933523

>They thought they could replace this natural, player-made PvP culture with shitty minigames

I wonder what happened to Jagex ~2006 when they started changing the game so badly
>>
>grinding for full graceful
holy fuck, why is this so long?
>>
>>386924520
Oldschool sucks.

Back when I played it in 5th grade it was fun because I was a little kid who was lost in a world of adventure with a bunch of other kids and teenagers.

Now it's just tons of people that are metagaming to the max, already know fucking everything about the game, and just grind all day without even attempting to do anything fun.

Remember when you could randomly stumble upon people having a party in Varock's tavern? Never again.
>>
>>386937719
Just do Canifis for 2 hours a day and in a few weeks you'll have it. I did it recently and it went by surprisingly fast with movies and tv shows playing on my second monitor
>>
File: ceremony.png (219KB, 765x530px) Image search: [Google]
ceremony.png
219KB, 765x530px
>>386937821
>All those weddings
I cried everytiem
>>
>>386937821
>Oldschool sucks.
Then why are you here? Main game is infinitely worse, and oldschool is at least the game most people grew up with but with new shit added. Not everybody got to max out pre-RS2HD, so completing oldschool is still that dream they never achieved. That's how I see it.

>>386937719
Graceful is a bitch, but it's worth it.
>>
>>386938001
>those outfits for fun rather than stats
>they're not even overcomplicated, just cheap shit thrown on
I miss these times
>>
>>386938582
A lot of the time people couldn't actually get great gear. And clue rewards(that skirt(t)) were still uncommon.

I'm almost positive most of those people wore that armor because they ahd to, like the guy still wearing the gnome amulet with granite top.
>>
File: colours.jpg (603KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
colours.jpg
603KB, 1920x1080px
>>386938582
Every time I feel like logging back in and sticking around for more than 30 mins every 2 months I remember RS3 looks like this and OSRS isn't much better
>>
>>386937883
>2 hours a day
>in a few weeks you'll have it.
It took me 13 hours to get graceful.
Course of 2 days, 6 hours daily.
>>
>>386938093
Unironically this, I wanted a quest cape badly back in the day, but by the time I got around to finishing WGS, Nomad's Requiem had come out and he was shitting on me left and right. Got PTSD back to Jad attempts where I'd wind up dying in half a second and losing out on my time and all the potions I had chugged and just threw that dream away.
Now at least MM2 sounds doable, if rough, though grinding out the stats for all this shit is a pain in the dick.
>>
File: Brd_-KFCQAAW8DZ.jpg (32KB, 598x456px) Image search: [Google]
Brd_-KFCQAAW8DZ.jpg
32KB, 598x456px
>>386938829
literally everyone in OSRS wears this
>>
>>386938725
It's not even just that. I'm sure the fucker with the crab helmet has some sort of torso or robe, but he just chooses to be a crab man for the wedding instead.
>>
>>386937597
>>386937597
>>386937597

You seriously wonder what happened?

They were only making $30,000,000 a year instead of $300,000,000 so they had to start getting more $$$$$$$$
>>
>>386937883
>already had 30something agility before courses were implemented
>went all the way to 62
>had to get last dozen marks at god awful seer's course without the diary teleport
>>
File: 1427853216944.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1427853216944.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>its a spam the doors so someone cant get out of a room episode
>>
>>386938995
A crab man with construction worker trousers.
Bet he was spamming the emote during/after the ordeal.
>>
>>386939083
The simple pleasures in life
>>
>>386938914
My current goal is a quest cape. The grinding isn't actually that bad for non combat skills. Use noob quests to level you up (waterfall, knight's sword, sea slug) and then train from lvls 30 - 50 and practically you have 150 QPs already.

Other half is bullshit, combat stats are so fucking slow in this game. Unless you're dharoking or some shit, you're not getting more than 50k xp/hr even at sand crabs afking with super sets. I just want 85 combat for dream mentor, 45 slayer, and then I can grind out the rest of the quests and get my cape.

Achievement Diary cape is fucking cancer and not worth it.
>>
>>386939051
>did this from 60 to 70 agility starting with 0 marks
>took me 16 hours
Can you lose graceful on death? If I ever lost my graceful I would probably just pretend it doesn't exist.
>>
>>386939083
>tell guy to follow me for free money
>go up lumbridge castle staircase
>wait until I see his white dot cover my white square
>go back down and run away

>trade a guy
>right click on him before he accepts the trade
>click trade once the window pops up, canceling the trade
>"sorry misclick"
>repeat ad nauseum

>find and follow person about to home teleport away
>ask if they want free stuff just as they leave
Strange how a medieval MMO 4kids managed to bring out so many sociopathic tendencies
>>
>>386939234
>Unless you're dharoking or some shit
just afk nightmare zone lmao
>>
>>386939305
Yes you can.
Once I got it I pranced about in only the safest of areas but wound up buying a shitload of energy and stamina pots for practical use.
You'd think they'd at least give a discount once you had the whole set or something.
>>
>>386925305
I had an aunt that did this but with maplestory.

People find escape in video games. He could easily have been legit.
>>
File: tedris.jpg (26KB, 265x268px) Image search: [Google]
tedris.jpg
26KB, 265x268px
>>386925305
wait just a goddamn minute here
why aren't these blocks disappearing
>>
>>386939394
How exactly? Every time I see a video it's just some dude in 80/80/80+ 1hp flicking with rapid heal. I'm 50/50/50. Is it still possible to afk nmz with those stats?
>>
File: 1404300185027.gif (1MB, 400x256px) Image search: [Google]
1404300185027.gif
1MB, 400x256px
>events will never be fun again
>ywn be part of a 100 man long skeleton train on Halloween 06 again
>>
File: download.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 225x225px
Got scammed out of 1mil+ while drunk

>"adding 10% to any cash stack"
>>
>>386939639
Go complete some quests first then get full proselyte + nezzy helm and just chill with melee protect on
>>
>>386939746
I don't have the nezzy helm yet, but I got proselyte. Maybe that's decent enough if I wanted to watch a movie right now? Either way, what's a good boss to do? I've done a shit load of quests.
>>
>>386925634
Would you be happy if old RuneScape was brought back? I had so many good memories playing that back in hs with my friends... Maybe I just need friends :(
>>
>>386939795
go get a nezzy you need max prayer bonus to actually afk
do any melee boss really autism elegy has a video on it with a decent list
>>
>>386925634
>"can we be roommates? :o"
>when we used to fucking use emoticons unironically
It's fucking weird to look back and realize I actually typed shit like ":3, and 0_o" all the time.
>>
>>386924102
>Ever getting Mag Ex on priests in RO for anything other than niff bot
Sad.
>>
Jagex censors your passwords guys look "*********" try it lol
>>
>>386939923
>you need max prayer bonus to actually afk
Pros helm has +4 vs Nezzy's +3.
>>
>>386939994
>15 years ago
>"Hi guys ^_^ let's do some SIMPLY EPIC pking :D"
>now
>"wanna pk?"
>>
>>386939604
idiot's pobviously never played tetris and thinks the lines only disappear if the entire shape is within a line
>>
>>386924789
I quit very shortly after grand exchange came out. Going to world 1's varrok really gave you the feeling of a real-world trade market, dozens of people shouting their offers over each other, price setting through knowledge of the economy instead of a fucking algorithm...
>>
>>386926774
I like memes tho
>>
>>386939604
Yeah. And what is with that fucking 3 block tetromino? What a fucking travesty.
>>
File: imre.png (516KB, 1017x677px) Image search: [Google]
imre.png
516KB, 1017x677px
Post Imres
>>
>>386940145
>"wanna pk?"
>right after someone lands an 80 ags spec
>"r0fl. can't even switch, sit the fuck down #raygetards "
>>
>>386939994
>took the longest time to learn than Oo was supposed to be O_o without the underscore
>used lol with almost every sentence (admittedly I found a lot of things funny at the time)
>actually kind of liked how the O in :O or >:O looked and would pepper messages with them
>>
>>386940362
reported hacker
>>
>>386940362
>rs3
:////////
>>
>>386940526
That was a long time ago on a (official) beta server
>>
File: 1497966736520.jpg (17KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1497966736520.jpg
17KB, 500x364px
>tfw jagex completly destroyed pvp in rs3
I pity the people that werent able to experience 2013-2015 warbands.
>>
>>386940720
pvm and questing is where rs3 rules
>>
>>386940876
>pvm
good heh
>questing
very good heh
you are the #5 or maybe 6 funny man
>>
>>386940938
You don't agree?
>>
>>386940876
>pvm
How many times can you kill the same boss over and over again?
>>
>>386941058
hahaha goood memes oldwieners
>>
I remember doing nothing but training magic up because I wanted to be a cool wizard. I did tons of runecrafting even though I was f2p and made all my runes, then would murder the zombies in the sewers from the other side of the river. I used to go to that zamorak shrine in the wildy and bury the bones there to rank up my prayer too.
When I finally decided to do all the quests I forgot about the rewards and I was so upset I got 20 attack levels on my guy from one quest I quit.
>>
>>386939746
>just chill with melee protect on
How well does this work with low prayer?
Should I bring pray pots? Seems like a money sink though.
>>
>>386941362
lmao you bring nothing but prayer pots and overloads that is how it works you last like 3 hours a sesh
It is more expensive the lower the prayer level you are
>>
>>386941457
You must be made out of money to just bust out 3 hours worth of pray pots.

What mode should I do? Endurance, right? normal or hard?
>>
>>386941628
You use so much prayer gear that it isn't expensive at all its a few hundred k
Use rumble hard (custom)
>>
>>386941013
>pvm
>inject high apm button mashan and twitch gaymen into otherwise sleepy and slowpaced game
>label it difficult
>questan
>every item you need is provided for you or otherwise conveniently found at your fingertips
>free teleports to where you need to go offered left and right because you're incapable of walking there and we wouldn't want to interrupt the flow of the quest by having you accidentally wander off and have fun
>Xxanimeweeblord420xx epic stories where you, the world guardian, catcher of imps and assistant of chefs must pal around with gods while an annoying faggot does irrelevant shit in the background also here's some signature heroesâ„¢ that also do irrelevant shit
>chock full of tower of hanoi puzzles
>any reward or post-quest content has no value because you should have been doing PvM all this time you stupid fuck
Every RS3 quest I've done has left a bad taste in my mouth, and even Gower quest felt like they were very much aware with the faggotry that infested their current quest writing/creation process but refused to do anything about it.
>>
>>386941698
What about absorb potions?
Worth it? They seem good, but I wouldn't know.
>>
>>386941825
only if dharoks
>>
>>386941809
You are lost beyond redemption. BEGONE THOT
>>
>>386936218
Fuck you dude, I played since OSRS launch and quit at that update. I like trading with people, not a lifeless machine.
>>
>>386941950
Get back to twitter before I drop a pillar on your sorry ass.
>>
>>386942018
Enjoy having shitty taste then. I prefer keeping trades clean and hassle-free as well as making a shit ton of money watching the market itself fluctuate.

Also you can still trade with people, it just isn't necessary for 100% of transactions anymore.
>>
>>386942134
>I prefer keeping trades clean and hassle-free as well as making a shit ton of money watching the market itself fluctuate.

You could literally do that without the GE if you were smart and dedicated a bit of time to trading. I was rich as fuck in RS3 pre-cancer updates. The lazy people were poor, I guess you'd be one of those.
>>
>>386929382
Can't wait until the nwo microchips us and underage posters will be physically unable to bypass 4chan age limit
>>
>>386942582
>dedicated a bit of time to trading
That's a waste of fucking time. If I don't have the levels what am I going to do, ask around to see if someone has a stew or some obscure item that they most likely dropped? That's fucking retarded. The old system was a waste of time. You couldn't just sell your items, you had to actually find buyers. You couldn't put it up for sale while training, nor could you place an order while training.

>I was rich as fuck in RS3
>RS3
So you're saying you didn't use the GE not even once? Because if you did use it at all it was because it was more convenient than trading with other players, and by proxy makes your entire argument shit.
Get the fuck out with your shitty "m-muh pre GE, muh disc of returning on release day, smithing and smelting were better as 2 different skills! :^^^!))))" mentality. Off yourself.
>>
>>386943165
This guy gets it. GE made stocking up for PvM, questing, etc. much easier, that is, not complete suffering and a fucking chore -- not to mention selling your loot. RS was about grinding and every second spent looking for food and pots was a second wasted. If you played RS for some other, wrong reason then you might have been socialising, but all of that just moved somewhere else and didn't suddenly go away with the GE.

Literally NOTHING of value was lost except it made scamming fools harder, I guess.
>>
>>386942582
>You could literally do that without the GE if you were smart and dedicated a bit of time to trading
So you're saying that you should waste time and make the game more tedious because trading with others is somehow authentic? There's no benefit from not having a GE, and having a GE clearly keeps people like you away which is another plus for me.

You're retarded.
>>
>>386943165
pure cancer
>>
>>386923010
>>finally being strong enough to kill scorpions at the al kharid mine
Holy shit same

Anyone else think F2P > P2P in terms of comfiness?
>>
File: 1481775805353.png (9KB, 251x404px) Image search: [Google]
1481775805353.png
9KB, 251x404px
>>386923010
>Walking through the gate to Taverly for the first time after getting membership via SMS
>Saturdays on UK worlds fishing at Catherby talking about the footy
>Wasting an entire weekend spinning flax to be able to afford a Whip
>Get scammed out of Whip
>tfw took best armour and weapons to kill Green Dragons in wildy and hear this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dyP4LDMLG4

We need to go back
>>
File: 1418295509898.jpg (458KB, 1259x947px) Image search: [Google]
1418295509898.jpg
458KB, 1259x947px
>>386923496
This
>>
File: 1362105736397.jpg (102KB, 668x502px) Image search: [Google]
1362105736397.jpg
102KB, 668x502px
>>386943165
>>386943584
>>386943650
>it makes the game easier
>when we've been saying making the game easier devalues achievements

Soon you'll be asking for bonus xp weekends. Fuck off, fags.
>>
File: 1455562310465.jpg (10KB, 247x260px) Image search: [Google]
1455562310465.jpg
10KB, 247x260px
>>386945682
>implying ''''''''we've'''''''' been saying anything
>implying I didn't only post to comment on the retardation and childish nostalgia of >>386943165
you're so fucking misguided and mad it hurts, friend.
>>
my dad just called it "rune"

"go do your homework not play on your 'rune'"

then he'd browse for porn and pretend he was checking emails

fucking asshole. we had porn ad popups and viruses for months and months, so bad that even my sister (6 yo) had them when she was browsing disney shit to print off. and he told me it was because of that "rune". we took it to a PC repair shop (this was in 2003 and none of us were tech-literate) and when they did a virus scan it had like 70,000+ viruses on it before they decided to stop scanning and tell us to buy a new one

fucking hilarious honestly
>>
>>386923010
I wish I could go back and remember the account name to my runescape account from 2003 that picked a santa hat up off the guy who died to a random event. Sort of sucks but such is life.
>>
>>386923496
The point in the RS documentary where Andrew Gower is on the brink of tears for letting RS go and become a husk of its former self.
>>
>>386945682
>making the game easier devalues achievements
>glow3:wave2: for hours just to get what you need is an achievement

You're so fucking stupid. And as it stands, you can't prove me wrong when I say that not having the GE has no benefit over having the GE.
At this point I'm convinced you were just another shitty scammer and got pissy when they first added the ! warnings to trade windows.
>>
>>386923010
>sleeping over at friend's house
>the three of us in the comfy finished basement
>taking turns on computer to log in
>some guy at a bank is getting rid of his account
>trades me 100k for my mithril set
>my friend freaks out, sneaks his dad's laptop
>we both log in and chase the guy around begging for more gold
good times
>>
RuneScape is literally coming to iPhone and Android soon.

Maybe it will spark a renaissance.
>>
>>386923010
I spent way too much of my childhood in old RS. I consider it one of the leading factors of why I'm such a social fucking retard who is like 5 years behind my peers in terms of maturity.

Still, it was fun. It had way more to do with roleplaying and adventure than other MMOs did at the time, and the PiP style window gave it a better atmosphere than other MMOs at the time had.
>>
>>386939878
>if old RuneScape was brought back

OSRS is a thing you know
>>
>>386944760
Free 2 play was really well designed because people were closer together. The full game had too many convenience towns that had everything you'd ever need within 10 steps of the bank so while the world wasn't empty people definitely ended up focused around 3-4 areas.
>>
>>386924691
getting skills to 80 doesn't take long at all if you are efficient. Im enjoying it anyway.
>>
Wander around the wilderness during the santahat drop, collect like 12 of them. 6 monhs later sell all of them for about 100k a piece.
>>
>>386948663
This, I don't understand why they didn't balance the map more.
>>
>>386923010
>play pokemon firered
>im 6 years old and have no clue what to do
>i didnt know english either
>>
I remember spending tons of gold on the Construction skill. I had a fuckton of parties. Too bad most games don't have house building like this game
>>
whos watching todays stream?
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.