[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did this dipshit go from writing the gutter-trash "FUCK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1675725-antoniades.jpg (81KB, 442x491px) Image search: [Google]
1675725-antoniades.jpg
81KB, 442x491px
How did this dipshit go from writing the gutter-trash "FUCK YOU" baby-sniping travesty that was DmC to Hellblade? Say what you want about the gameplay (it's kinda shit) but the writing is mysterious and engaging and makes me want to slog through the shitty combat and stupid rune puzzles. The whispering voices are fucking excellent too.
>>
_________________FUCK YOU
>>
I'M YOUR PROM DATE YOU UGLY SACK OF SHIT
>>
i don't know, maybe this is the game that will make you realize most games are made by large groups of people and arent the product of one person's vision?

probably not tho
>>
File: hurrblade.jpg (437KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hurrblade.jpg
437KB, 1920x1080px
>>386907848
I'M YOUR PROM DATE YOU UGLY SACK OF SHIT seriously why does she look like this all the time bitch close your mouth you're gonna get undead viking flies in there or some shit
>>386907959
FUCK YOU
>>386908024
Tameem's credited as the lead writer (or possibly sole writer) on both however, I'm not moaning or anything, I just think it's kind of crazy that a guy known for writing one of the most crass games ever has made something thoughtful.
>>
>>386908024
Eh, I'd say it's not always as simple as that.
There are plenty of people in power that have a grip on development tight enough to force a game to become exactly what they want it to be.

Not claiming that was the case here, but it's not exactly unheard of.
>>
DmC's writing and acting was pretty good when it wasn't "How do you do fellow rebel teens?"

All the edgy shit was clearly just a shitty attempt at a punkish cool style.
>>
>>386908186
Apparently he worked with various psychologists to make sure his portrayal of mental disorder wasn't stupid as shit, or make believe.
>>
>>386908337
Yeah the game even credits them in the Intro so I guess they have a lot to do with it.
>>386908330
Dude they shot a pregnant woman in the gunt.
For what it's worth I thought dmc was an ok game if you treat it as a spinoff, Ninja Gaiden fans got fucking Yaiba so you can't complain that much.
>>
>>386908186
>>386908303
Yeah I would suggest to you that one auteur director responsible for all of a games' tone and story is an incredibly rare thing outside of Kojima. At least a lot more rare than /v/ seems to think.

Also most of the stuff people make fun of in the DMC reboot comes from like 2 scenes in the game.
>>
>>386907747
Heavenly Sword and Enslaved were written by other writers, DmC was the first time Tameem wrote solo, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else wrote Hellblade.
>>
>>386907747
I thought it was corny af
>>
>>386908024
>"written and directed by tameem"
K
>>
>>386908929
Credits state it's was written and directed by him, along with a team of historic/psychiatric consultants. Also they're self-publishing so have total creative control and also I would guess not enough funds to hire external writers.
>>
I actually just finished it. I feel like this game was really directed towards people with mental illnesses. It's about senua conquering her illness compounded with feelings of grief. It was corny but I enjoyed it
>>
>>386907747
it went from Gutter Trash to Gutter Trash
>>
Hellblade is downloading now. I don't have a mental illness but I work as a psych nurse and typically mental illness in video games is really corny and played out. Not expecting this to be any different but I have nothing else to play right now honestly.
>>
DMC has never had good writing, thats the point
>>
File: Western Anime.jpg (139KB, 754x661px) Image search: [Google]
Western Anime.jpg
139KB, 754x661px
>>386907747
>How did this dipshit go from writing the gutter-trash "FUCK YOU" baby-sniping travesty that was DmC to Hellblade?

And let's not forget the weird shounen anime in-between where DmC became more anime than DMC.

Seriously, did Tamamo Adonlades go marathon a bunch of Yu Yu Hakusho or Naruto or Bleach or something before making Vergil's Downfall? I've played anime games less anime than Vergil's Downfall.
>>
>>386908754
Well, those scenes are simply iconic and make for good memes. /v/ has also given some rather indepth analysis on why the combat system is inferior to the original DMC series many times.
>>
>>386911759
No one ever praised the writing before though, it's camp 80's American Movie Dante that everyone loved.
>>
>>386911759
>DMC has never had good writing, thats the point

True, but it had good gameplay, good music and memorable characters.

The only memorable DmC character was big dick fedora man.
>>
The game comes with a documentary type thing about psychosis and how they did their research that's pretty neat. It's a nice step in the right direction to destigmatizing mental illness
>>
>>386913018
>It's a nice step in the right direction to destigmatizing mental illness

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. Why wouldn't you want potentially dangerous people to be let out in the open where then can easily harm themselves and others.
>>
>>386913187
Not all cases of mental illness are that debilitating to were you can't be a functioning human being
>>
>>386913427
It's a case by case basis, sure, my father is a psychiatrist so I have learned a bit about mental illnesses.

But there are many that can be a huge threat to themselves and others, even with something like schizophrenia.
>>
>>386913187
I think what he means is more like not making people afraid to seek help for their mental issues or at least talk with people they trust about them, not 'let psychopaths roam free', undiagnosed mental issues are a pretty heavy factor in crime in general. Although the fact that a lot of terrible doctors give people mind altering drugs for minor issues that can lead to worse shit is enough to scare people away.
>>
>>386907747
Well, he did write Enslaved, which was also pretty good.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.