[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is this game supposed to be good? I'm about an hour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg (57KB, 292x414px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg
57KB, 292x414px
When is this game supposed to be good? I'm about an hour in right now and the gameplay just feels too fucking slow. I don't like the controls. And, frankly, I'm not particularly interested in the characters or story so far.

/v/ said this game was supposed to be one of the GOATS. Wtf is going on?
>>
>>386889671
The expansions are better than the base game
>>
>>386889671

The gameplay is pretty bad. If you don't feel engaged by the story, setting, and characters, you won't enjoy it
>>
>>386889671
Go to Novigrad. It gets much better after that IMO.
>>
File: Delayclose.jpg (102KB, 1140x741px) Image search: [Google]
Delayclose.jpg
102KB, 1140x741px
>>386889671
>I'm about an hour in right now and the gameplay just feels too fucking slow.
It never changes. The gameplay stays the exact same except numbers get higher.
You never get more spells, and the ones you have stay the same until endgame when you can change their effect to be something more useful. You have limited skill slots so at most the only changes you'll see is you can use a whirl skill where Geralt spins around slapping people with his sword and a spell changes it's look and effect.

If you don't like it, don't pressure yourself to keep playing.
>>
>>386889671
well it takes a patrician to enjoy it in the first place, so it won't do you much good
>>
>>386889671
If you don't enjoy it as it is now, you wont enjoy it later.
>>
>>386893947
Please capitalize your sentences and use punctuation, peasant.
>>
Why not just play games you want to play instead of complaining that you're not enjoying ones you didnt have an interest in to begin with.
>>
>>386889671
>I'm not particularly interested in the characters or story so far.
Are you the type of retard that started playing the third game in the series without beating the others?
>>
File: 3194199161_f6858084ee_o.gif (2MB, 225x156px) Image search: [Google]
3194199161_f6858084ee_o.gif
2MB, 225x156px
>>386889671
>Person jumps into the third game in a series that expects you've played the previous games and the seven part book series all prior to playing the first game
>And, frankly, I'm not particularly interested in the characters or story so far.
I fucking wonder why. It's almost like you're missing an entire series of books and two whole games worth of backstory.
>>
>>386889671
It's just a really bad game. No reason to play it other than if you think Geralt is sexy.
>>
If you want instant gratification then it is not a game for you. Maybe stick to mobile games.
>>
>>386895000
Trips of truth.
>>
File: tumblr_omahumxF6y1vhtegpo1_500.gif (499KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omahumxF6y1vhtegpo1_500.gif
499KB, 500x514px
>>386894247
> not bullying via greentext
> no anime girl

How did you even find this site?
>>
>>386889671
Why not play the other games in the series in order to know whop the characters are.
>>
>>386894772
>play tw1
>instantly like the characters and the atmosphere w/o even knowing what the fuck is going on.

I can get OP's point. Especially when the first major character you encounter is a bitch who tells you what to do.
>>
>>386889671
>one hour in
You haven't even completed the tutorial you fucking ADHD.
>>
2 >3
>>
>>386895660
The first one kinda sucks gameplay wise
>>
The combat is utter shit-tier and the writing is just hilariously bad and boring, worse even, it spams cutscenes more than cinematic experiences ever could.

Sure, it looks pretty but also falls prey to an open world of nothingness so by all means, cut your losses.
>>
>>386894247
capitalization and punctuation is a crutch for plebs
>>
>>386889671
sadly the game is mainly about the story, setting, and characters, the combat is pretty damn shallow sadly and it's why i got sick of the game
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.