[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rock Band 1 was fantastic and, in its own right, Rock Band 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Guitar-hero-iii-cover-image.jpg (83KB, 255x380px) Image search: [Google]
Guitar-hero-iii-cover-image.jpg
83KB, 255x380px
Rock Band 1 was fantastic and, in its own right, Rock Band 2 had one of the best lineups of all time. Especially if you factor DLC.

BUT

I think GH3 had, from start to finish, the absolute best setlist of any music game of all time.

The peak of the rhythm genre? Quite possibly.
>>
>>386889110
That's fair enough, although I liked GH2's setlist a bit more.
>Carry on Wayward Son
>YYZ
>Surrender
>Beast and the Harlot
>Jordan
>Trogdor
>Less Talk More Rokk
>>
>>386889470
100% agree gh2 is top notch. Shaped the genre and set a standard for what the games needed to be. Soley responsible for the breakout of the series and those that would follow it.
>>
>peak of the rhythm genre
>No drums or vocals
Nah m8. 3 was definitely the peak of Guitar Hero though.

Also, RB2 > RB3 > RB1 > RB4
>>
>>386889110
>The peak of the rhythm genre?
Spoken like a true post-1995 normie.

>Knows nothing about Frequency and Amplitude, Para Para Paradise, Elite Beat Agents, Taiko Drum Master, or any other non-band (i.e. not shit) game.

Go kill yourself, you ruined this genre.
>>
>>386889110
3 was the sign of the series' decline. 1 and 2 were merciless with hitting notes exactly on time, and it made the game challenging in a way that encouraged you to git gud. In 3 you could completely miss a note and the game would let you have it if you strummed sometime before the next ice age. It took a bit of the fun out of 100%ing a track. World Tour was hot garbage in setlist and gameplay.

And since it'll inevitably be brought up, the Rock Band games were hit and miss on setlists but at least were a little stricter on timing.
>>
>>386890351
>The salty weeb comes to yell at the GH/RB fans
Like pottery.
>>
Have there been any legitimately bad GH or RB games?
>>
>>386891646
Rock Band 4 and Guitar Hero 5.
>>
>>386891939
What was wrong with GH5?
>>
>>386891646

Gh aerosmith
Gh van halen
Gh world tour

I never got to play this gens gh. It probably sucks balls too
>>
>>386892001
Live is alright. The live mode is kind of cool with it's music festival setup, and TV is a neat concept hampered by its freemium model.
>>
>>386889110
>>The peak of the rhythm genre? Quite possibly
Nope.
GH3 had a good setlist, but its engine was terrible and its windows were grossly forgiving.
A rhythm game that doesn't even score you on rhythm isn't really capable of being considered a true part of the genre, it's just a party game. A solid and iconic one, but it's not a real rhythm game.

>>386891030
>get btfo
>hurr weebs
Like pottery.
>>
>>386891996
A setlist overcrowded with garbage, a bland, forgettable campaign, overreliance on guest stars which led to Neversoft just spitting on Johnny Cash and Kurt Cobain's graves and then backpedalling, and an absolutely butchered attempt at trying to mimic Rock Band's "song library" model with a World Tour export that barely even got a fraction of World Tour's notable songs while charging as much as Harmonix charged for full game exports missing three or four tracks at maximum.
>>
>>386891996
it was meh compared to the rb2 setlist, and actually tride to be more rockband than anything, guitar hero should'ne have to have the way of the band, that hurted the setlist a lot, when they try fix things, it was too late and no one want to play gh/rb anymore, the kinect was the new thing to play with your normie friends.
>>
>>386891939
Rock Band 4 was such a disappointment. I can't even launch the game anymore with a mandatory popup shilling their $30 online play DLC.
>>
>>386893014
I bought a bundle that had Rivals in it when I finally caved in and bought an 8th gen console, and I was honestly shocked by how much of a regression it was. All of the character customization was gutted, there were no versus modes, the only mode that was compatible with online was quick play, and for some reason instead there was just a fake documentary, a clan system, and absurd amounts of cross-game promotion.
What the fuck happened to playing world tour online? That was the best shit. Now it's just gone.
>>
>>386893294
Online was an afterthought, and was only added after like 6 months of community bitching. I still have DLC missing because they decided to use it as a preorder bonus.
>>
>>386893462
I remember the whole story behind online. I actually followed RB4 for a while because I didn't have a console for it but I was still into it, since Harmonix used to be bro-tier. Now they're just money grubbing cheap hacks. What the fuck happened?
>Instead of actually making effort to make a PC port, fucking try to crowdfund it
>On Fig
>And charge full price for it
>Now rock music games on PC are dead because HMX thought they could ask for nearly 2 million dollars for a Steam port of a game that already exists
>>
>>386894438
They lost their MTV money, and succumbed to the current year. Makes sense considering their headquarters is in Cambridge, MA.
>>
>>386894438
the crowfunding thing was the worst thing that happenned to rockband... but now they are making a vr port, fuck them, i use to love them and support them, i even buy theri dance ass trilogy and a shit ton of songs for rb3...
>>
>>386895190
>VR
Don't even remind me.
>Make a completely different gameplay style based on chord progressions that could work on any platform that already has the guitars
>Hard lock it to literally only the Oculus platform and the Oculus store
Harmonx is dead.
>>
I did contract work for Harmonix last summer
ask me anything
>>
>>386898580
what's your shoe size
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.