[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All these threads about how "fighting games are dying"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1502018340261.gif (352KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1502018340261.gif
352KB, 256x256px
All these threads about how "fighting games are dying" and "how to save fighting games", and I'm here wondering:

Are fighting games even worth saving?
>>
>>386884486
The only people who want to "save" fighting games fall in two categories: casuals who cant play the games because they cant break the barrier and people fed up with Capcom's shitty way of treating them so they always find new games to put on a pedestal, only to find out people will play Capcom games regardless of quality due to the nature of the Western FGC. The former is irrelevant and have no idea of what theyre talking about in most cases. The latter have a point but they themselves are dumb for always finding the next "SF Killer" instead of ignoring Capcom and sticking to the games they want to play over it.
>>
Honestly? There was a time I would have said yes, but the community is so shitty and introverted that it isn't worth saving anymore.

Fighting games are a relic of the past. Bring on the dissidia type party games.
>>
>>386885893
>Something you like isn't worth saving because other people who like it are dicks about it.

No.
Fuck that shit.
>>
>>386885893
No one tell this dude that Dissidia is a fighting game too
>>
File: 2313525243.gif (4MB, 240x266px) Image search: [Google]
2313525243.gif
4MB, 240x266px
All these threads about how "fighting games are dying" and "how to save fighting games", and I'm here wondering:

Fighting games aren't even dying you retards they are doing the best they've done in ages
>>
>>386886639
Only NRS games and now Tekken 7 (mainly due to nostalgia). ARMS I guess but Switch has no games so they'll buy anything.
>>
>>386886217
You kinda just proved his point.
>>
>>386886639
This, a three or so of years ago I would have agreed that they're dying but nowadays they're doing fine. SFV is still kicking despite bombing, T7 released and did well, IJ2 released and did well, MvC will be a hit whether you like it or not, DBFZ's reveal got a big reaction.
>>
>>386886639
Tekken 7 died horribly on anything but pc.

And even then it's like a fat man on a treadmill.
>>
>>386886639
>>386886965
literally does not matter unless people actually play after a week and go out to tournaments
>>
File: 1471803978792.jpg (20KB, 474x474px) Image search: [Google]
1471803978792.jpg
20KB, 474x474px
I wish i could go back to when /v/ didn't talk about fighting games because they didn't play them, as opposed to nu-/v/ where everyone is a fighting game enthusiast trying to steer the genre into the most casual direction possible.
>>
>>386886965
>SFV is still kicking despite bombing
only in majors because that's where the money is. but locals and weeklies tell a very different tale
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.