[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck do you idiots constantly complain about "muh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1477274234953.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477274234953.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
Why the fuck do you idiots constantly complain about "muh revisionist history", as if the immediate reaction upon a game's release is the most accurate and objective one? How can you enjoy a product that took years to make in a couple of days and then critique it, especially when your perspective may be warped by the marketing machine and your own expectations, etc?

You can't appreciate an hour long music album in one hour.

I see this often with zelda, MGS and GTA. desu it took me a while to appreciate some games I didn't instantly like, off the top of my head:
>MGS2, 4 & V
>Vtmb
>FNV
>asscreed 1
>far cry 2
>GTA IV
>oblivion
>splinter cell conviction
>>
File: ff7-cinematics-100631649-orig.png (406KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
ff7-cinematics-100631649-orig.png
406KB, 1334x750px
>>386878747
You're complaining about views being skewed one way and then pretending it doesn't happen the opposite.

Remember when this shit was cutting edge graphics?
Months later, people still praised this game for how it looked.

Now many years later? Of course it looks like ass, we've progressed, you've seen better, you're comparing old standards to new, and it's all because of your warped perspective.
>>
>>386878747
Sometimes people are right though.
Asscreed 1 is boring and repetitive like they said
GTAIV is boring and repetitive like they said
>>
>>386879760
pretty much all first impressions of a game are bad
>>
>>386879808
asscreed 1 is the best game in the series, followed by 2. the rest is trash. 4 is ok sometimes

gta 4 is in many ways better than 5
>>
>>386878747
It goes both ways, the perception of a game can be warped over time.
>>
>>386880317
Every you said is true. As is everything I said.
>>
I only bitch about revisionist history when I see some faggot saying "We loved MGS 4" or some shit like that. No we fucking didn't. We mocked the fuck out of it and for good reason.
>>
>>386881430
I sure as hell never mocked it, both press and fans praised it a lot when it came out. It was treated as the series ending swan song, the ultimate fanservice encore for the fans, and a pinnacle of tech to boot. Not to mention the pure joy and fun that was MGO2.

If anything, MGS4 is a fine example of repeated memes turning into false-truths; yeah, everyone more or less ironically joked about the movie-length cutscenes (which never bothered me), but when the same shit got repeated x infinitum, some total newfags started biting it and parroting it.

Same thing happened in reverse with MGS2, with all the kiddos NOW praising it with the "Muh post-modern art!" joke.
>>
>>386882275
When I say "we", I mean /v/. We were shitting all over the game for its godawful plot that ruined the series, its million cringe worthy scenes, and yes, the fact that it had no gameplay worth a shit past act 2 and was basically a movie.

The more people parrot that, the better, because it's the truth. Fuck the critics that give good scores to every well produced game and fuck the brain dead """fans""" that took that shit with a smile and ate it all.

Behead all MGS 4 defenders. Worst game in the series by a long shot.
>>
>>386882643
>When I say "we", I mean /v/. We were shitting all over the game for its godawful plot that ruined the series,
Yeah, I get it. I was here already back then. It really didn't get as unanimous bashing as you want to make it sound like.

>no gameplay worth a shit past act 2
I sometimes wonder if we even played the same game.

>Fuck the critics that give good scores
yeah, screw objective ratings based on numerous criterias and the fact that the game was technically flawlessly working, visually impressive and easy to play!

>fuck the brain dead """fans""" that took that shit with a smile and ate it all.
And why wouldn't we? It was technically MGS3 v2.0, with neat streamlining where it mattered and a new coat of paint.

>Worst game in the series by a long shot.
Someone hasn't played Portable Ops or TPP.
Or MGS2
>>
>>386882275
but MGS2 is art, and the mere implication of you saying you don't like it shows that you really don't get it. the themes of the game are unique and have never been done before or since in the medium, and the "meta" aspect of it is just scratching the surface
>>
>>386883246
>but MGS2 is art
Anything is art if someone wants it to be.
In fact, games by default are "art", because someone created it, and others experience it in various ways.

>"you really don't get it!!"
Behold: the most copypasted ""argument"" of nu-MGS2-fags.

No sonny Jim, there's nothing to "not get" about MGS2. And making a game shit by various standards just for the sake of "art" does not change the fact that the game's still shit. No, I'm not writing a highschool essay about the game for you.

>the themes of the game are unique and have never been done before or since in the medium
This shows that you have literally, no joke, played VERY little of video games, before and after MGS2. Most of the ideas were not new even to MG series at the time.
And I'd even question if you even played the game yourself, or did you just watch some YT e-celeb's fancy video where he praises MGS2 to heavens with fancy terms.
>>
>>386883246
The only good part about MGS2 was the Tanker stage. There's a reason the entirety of the Tanker was released as the demo disk, everybody was turbo hyped about it.

Then with the full release game the giant flatulence that was Raiden and the Big Shell.
>>
>>386884178
This. And no, it has nothing to do with Snake, though it helps a tiny bit.
>>
>>386883024
>unanimous
It wasn't unanimous, but it was definitely the majority. There were a few butthurt defenders, but you were in the minority.
>>
>>386883941
games are not 'art' by default, games are an entertainment product, and this is one of the very few AAA games in existence that is not 'kosher', to use a jewish term, if you even understand the context of it in this situation.

the game is not 'shit', the game is excellent, purely in gameplay terms alone. you made a bunch of retarded assumptions about me never having played it, which was funny, but after playing it for the first time and even seeing youtube videos about it I thought it was shit, because I was a pleb like you who didn't 'get' it. There is something to get, and you don't get it. I only got it after having played the game 3 times and enjoying it more each time and truly understanding all of the themes involved, for which you need to delve deeper into all of the works (not just western, but JAPANESE) that influenced kojima, and also go into topics such as memes, reproduction and gender relations.

>>386884178
again, people only 'like' tanker because the marketing team told you to like it. they showed it off as a tech demo, they told you you can break the bottles and the ice melts in real-time and etc etc. the plant chapter is just as rich in every aspect, but you were too busy being annoyed at kojima to notice the actual gameplay is brilliant
>>
>>386886169
>again, people only 'like' tanker because the marketing team told you to like it
Holy shit, you really are this far up your own ass.

Did you think the "marketing team" wanted us to hate the rest of the game too?
>>
>>386886551
maybe. I think at this point we all know Kojima doesn't give a fuck about profitability, but I think generally it was a typical deceptive bait & switch. they entice you with the low brow themes and 'muh snakku' and then present you with something of way higher value. if you really are dead set on obtaining that low brow experience, you might be annoyed at the game, but it has a lingering effect that will entice you into replaying it with its excellent presentation, music, visuals and gameplay. I'm not always in the mood to watch arthouse either, but its quality cannot be denied
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.