[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you want in the new expack? Blizzard actually did a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

What do you want in the new expack?
Blizzard actually did a good job with legion so far, so this time I have some hopes, for the first time since wotlk destroyed all traces of hope in my heart
>>
>>386867126
>giving money to nu-Blizzard
>>
bring back panda asses
>>
>>386867126
>Blizzard actually did a good job with legion so far,
what the literal fuck am I reading
since when has straight-up lifting game design from fucking Diablo 3 a "good job"
>>
File: 1366670825459.jpg (21KB, 274x386px) Image search: [Google]
1366670825459.jpg
21KB, 274x386px
>>386867126
>Blizzard actually did a good job with legion so far
>>
>>386867126
I want them to release a new single player IP without any multiplayer.
>>
>>386868424
If there's one thing they've learned from WoW, it's that the money to be made is in the multiplayer.
When was the last time Blizzard made a game without multiplayer anyways?
>>
>>386867126
What went wrong with Wrath of the Lich King?

t. MMO hater
>>
>>386867126
I want to put my face in between those thighs
>>
I heard there's a trial up till level 20, can I just make a trial account just for eRP?
>>
>>386868939
I think some of the social features are restricted on those trial accounts.
>>
File: 1495183287486.gif (3MB, 304x376px) Image search: [Google]
1495183287486.gif
3MB, 304x376px
>>386867126

There will be no new xpac.

From here on out it'll be similar to the D3 necro release, ie, paid DLC. About once a year, probably adding classes, zones, and quest chains.

The next "expansion" will probably be a big global event that'll overhaul the overworld, similar to cata, except it'll be a "back to roots" sort of attempt with a more PvP focus. More Alliance vs Horde centric, and Blizzard, for the last time, will try to revitalize world PvP. Maybe conquerable towns, world bosses, etc. My guess for the next class release is going to be some kind of barbarian. Low armor, high HP, dynamic, heave melee type character.
>>
>>386869070
Oh wow, that fucking sucks. I haven't played in years but I miss the fun. Not paying a monthly sub just to get my futa panda some action though
>>
>>386868939
People do it all the time on MG.
They use MRP to talk about the character and then mention they are a trial so you have to whisper first for the rp.
Its half the reason why people barely whisper each other in GS because most of them are trial accounts either because they dont want friends to see them erp or they dont wanna pay.
>>
>>386869149
No it won't. Expansion packs are practically DLC anyways.
This model has been making them millions of dollars for over a decade, they're not going to change it.
Especially when they can make both expansion packs AND microtransactions, to get the best of both worlds financially.
>>
>>386867126
>What do you want in the new expack?
well i'm not considering touching it till cataclysm is undone and the old quests are restored
>>
>>386869191
well you can always pay for your sub with gold if you manage to make enough
>>
>>386869239
MRP is an addon I'm assuming? This could work, I'm getting excited to be able to play again.
>>
>>386869647
Yeah anon its an add-on you can get it off curse I think still.
Like I said most people just use that to advertise who they are and what they are looking for with just a warning that they are a Trial user.
Personally I dont give a shit and just go to GS with my max level priest because I dont give a fuck.
>>
Objectively REQUIRED things;
>No more weapon talent tree that you fill out anyway
>No random stats on relics. No relics either, fucking horrible design.
>Tier sets that have GOOD bonuses. You know, a reason for them to be picked over anything else outside of absurd ilvl upgrades.
>Spec balance; every spec is equally viable in each class. Warriors have it right at the moment, with Fury and Arms both being equally viable. Do that for every class with multiple dps specs.
>Drop all the bullshit, and let Hunters just tame any beast. Drop pet buffs too, that shit's dumb. Always has been. I like using pet buffs, but I can't defend the fact that Hunters are literally Batman with all the god damn gadgets we have.
>Give all casters the ability to cast while moving, but make the cast time longer while moving.
>Make Versatility do something useful. Tiny, insignificant boosts to damage and health are terrible.
>Return Reforging, but only allow us to add tertiary stats like Run Speed and Avoidance.
>Flight from the get go, just with hazards in the sky that WILL fuck you up if you're just blindly flying from point A to point B.
>Mounted combat. Let us stay on our mounts in combat. Shit worked wonders in Nagrand (Draenor), and literally nobody said it was bad. Just let us do that.
>Remove daze dismounting. Daze is fine, to a degree, but getting FORCED into combat if you can't drop combat? Bullshit.

I could list an entire Encyclopedia's worth of things that would objectively make WoW great, but none of them will happen. We'll get legendary items with low drop rates that have random stats, random relic slots, random talents, and even more casualized gameplay with shitty achievements being required for things we've earned ten times over already.
>>
>>386869796
I mean I'd rather use my main account because I have gold and shit to buy whore outfits, but that account I'd need to re-activate and pay $ monthly which is not happening. I'd have to make a separate trial account and start with 0 gold. I could earn some from sucking cock but mostly I like to have free sessions, not literally whore my panda out
>>
Remove RDF and Heirlooms
>>
>>386869943
Play the auction house for gold to buy time or wait till they mass email you for a free week or something.
As I said if you wanna play and not pay just use a throw away trial and have fun with it.
Because money is nothing anymore its not unusual if you are a good rp'er to make a ton of money for doing a good job rping.
Made 600g once off someone who wanted me to do all the work and he was really into the 'healslut' meme.
>>
>>386868564
Made all classes same
Killed leveling part
Raids became the only endgame
Auto grouping with others players
No raid bosses outside of raids
Many others horrible things
>>
>>386869278
>it till cataclysm is undone and the old quests are restored
Why? Are you retarded?
>>
>>386870771
You forgot welfare epics.
>>
>>386872151
Was ingame since vanilla
>>
File: 1474332257372.jpg (160KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1474332257372.jpg
160KB, 1680x1050px
New race, anything.

>>386872151
That wasn't Wrath.
>>
>>386872227
>New race
I'd be content with just new options. Draenei Demon Hunters with new horns and hair, Undead Druids with new undead bits, Orc Paladins with brown skin and new tusks, shit like that. More options is always good. Fuck the lore, it's already ridiculous and damaged beyond repair. Just let us have customization fun.
>>
>>386871610
cause i want to know what that fire elemental quest at thousand needles was
>>
>>386872719
Well, it's only your problem
Old world in wotlk was damaged without recover already, so remaking it was the only way
>Made red mobs yellow in starting zones
>Removed elite mobs from the world
>Removed entire quest chains both from the world and dungeons
>No more epic paladin mount questchain about you punching DK in the face, stealing his horse and cleaning it with your light powers, warlock one was removed too
>xp gains were so high even without heirlooms, you could outlevel zone by just doing quests in the hubs
>hp recover without food and mana recover without water, so you could warm without stopping as any class and not just as hunter or warlock
>Stats fuckery was so bad you could aggro 3-4 mobs as any class and still kill them all
No, blizzard shouldn't recover to this state just to pander you
>>
>>386872151
>Welfare epics
OH NO, DA CASULS HAVE NO REASON TO LOOK UP TO ME ANYMORE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>386872518
>, Undead Druids with new undead bits,
Technically Druids that are Undead turn into spiders and scarabs. Oddly enough, Hearthstone touched on this with their new Expac. Imagine Unholy DKs but with a bigger emphasis on 'Unholy' then 'DK'.
>>
>>386867126
More breedable elf tummys and tighs
>>
>>386873312
>No, blizzard shouldn't recover to this state just to pander you
that's fine, i'm not the casual they're looking for today

>>No more epic paladin mount questchain about you punching DK in the face, stealing his horse and cleaning it with your light powers, warlock one was removed too
pretty sure those were there even after you could just buy the summons from the trainer, i remember doing the warlock one
>>
>>386867126
I just want WarCraft IV without the WoW bullshit and with the timer dialed back to where TFT ended. And no. I won't use IIII because games are not clocks.

Or at least a HD version of WCIII and TFT, but with one modification to it (being capable of building Chimaera Roots and recruiting Chimaeras in the last mission of the NElves Campaign.
>>
>>386872216
It's a downward trend. Epics were still hard to get in vanilla outside of raiding. TBC started handing them out in heroic instances, and later as a reward for AFK'ing AV. WotLK went full retard.
>>
>>386874672
>wanting wc4 without wc being retconed
shit taste
Alternative universe is the only way
>>
File: 1468453004023.gif (52KB, 280x438px) Image search: [Google]
1468453004023.gif
52KB, 280x438px
>people still play Wow
>people still suck blizz cock
>>
>>386875673
As I said. Without the WoW bullshit. Includes the bloating of all the characters here, the bullshit excuses for certain races to be parts of factions (NElves being in the Alliance, or Forsaken and BElves being in the Horde), the complete retardations and decays of characters (Sylvanas becoming more and more cartoonish evil, Jaina going full Daelin and Green Jesus being the tip of the iceberg), and more...

I wouldn't mind if WCIV and its expansions were retellings of WoW and its expansions if Blizzard has to do something (minus all the mind-numbing, rage-inducing, tear-inducing idiocies). Hell, I'd love to see Garrosh getting positive character development and making him into a pretty nice guy (Thrall still remains warchief).
>>
>>386873312
>Two wrongs make a right
>Unironically implying the 0gag tier shitfest that is Cataclysm, kaka Dave "Its SUPER EFFECTIVE XDDD! Kosak's abomination is better than the old world
Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>386876440
>the bullshit excuses for certain races to be parts of factions
is them being in arbitrary factions worse than them coming into existence out of nowhere in wc3?
>>
>>386867126
Legacy servers.
>>
>>386876709
>>Unironically implying the 0gag tier shitfest that is Cataclysm, kaka Dave "Its SUPER EFFECTIVE XDDD! Kosak's abomination is better than the old world
It is better than old world in wotlk
>>
>>386876814
A hateboner for WotLK does not excuse Cataclysm.

Cataclysm is lesser than WotLK, which is lesser than BC, which is lesser than vanilla, if we're talking about the old world.
We're talking about the old world.
>>
WoW has never made a bad expansion. The only time the game was nearly considered mediocre for me was mid-Cata. Then Dragon Soul came out and it breathed new life into the game again.
>>
>>386877046
>Cataclysm is lesser than WotLK, which is lesser than BC, which is lesser than vanilla, if we're talking about the old world.
What?
>>386877102
>WoW has never made a bad expansion
wotlk
>>
>>386877139
>What?
Exactly what it says on the tin, friend.
>>
>>386867126
Horde to matter
>oh wait, horde mattering is horde bias
Can't wait for Jaina to get some character arc to take her to something resembling her WC3/vanilla state and the last horde leader to be worth a damn to be made into raid fodder
>>
>>386867126
make it free
>>
File: 1499897102838.jpg (16KB, 319x240px) Image search: [Google]
1499897102838.jpg
16KB, 319x240px
>>386867126
>>
>>386877442
Well, looks like you retarded wotlk kid
Can't be helped
>>
>>386876814
>Entire questlines revolving around shit memes are better than the original stories
>Lore being bastardized beyond belief
>Unrionically destroying some of the most iconic things in warcraft
>Areas altered otherwise meaninglessly or filled with downright retarded phasing, sentinel hill is permanently on fire etc
>Unironically trying to replace what took 4 years of love by Blizzards A team in less than a year
>Questing is now incredibly boring and even more linear than it was before
>Removed the day and night cycle making it permanently daylight
>Removed all weather effects
>tfw when all this isn't even 1/10th of the nu-worlds problems
No self respecting oldfag could ever excuse what they did to the old world.
>>
>>386877661
Much grammar profession, wow.
>>
>>386877747
>>Entire questlines revolving around shit memes are better than the original stories
>wow
>original stories
No need to read further >>386877661
>>
Next expansion is going to be a blast!!!11
>diversity quota
well maby not.

Private servers are about to get a huge boost in population i suppose. A company who's majority of their players lean right trying to push left isn't going to help stop their sub bleed. Especially when you put in a policy to pass up on the best of the best just so you can fill some diversity quota.
>>
>>386877747
Oh boy
Wotlk did this, not cata
But what can you expect from retard who thinks that old world state in wotlk and late bc was better than cata one
>>
>>386877915
>I'm going to ignore what you're saying because Cataclysm was a such a shitshow only a shill could defend it
Thats the last (you) you're getting Kosak, you're a fucking hack.
>>
>>386867126
>Racial Classes
>More minor/returning factions with toy/cosmetic rewards (The Explorer's League/Reliquary, Wardens, Cenarion Circle, Earthen Ring, the Dragonflights) with corresponding World Quest Chains throughout the old world
>Level Scaling in particular areas to support these new world quests, as well as allowing lower level characters access to them
>Do more expanded timewalking (Raids like ICC, Ulduar, Sunwell, Firelands, ToT, BWL, more dungeons too), with faster refreshes and a Bronze Dragonflight rep to go alongside them
>Have some PvP world quests in contested areas like Gilneas, the Barrens, and Ashenvale, with Faction Specific PvP Reps
>Replace Artifacts with the original Path of the Titans idea, allowing for expanded talent builds
>Extensively cut down on Legendaries, making them stronger and only acquirable from particular things (Final Raid bosses, Quest Chain endings, Exalted Rep rewards)
>New areas with Azshara as the big bad. New Troll Raid. Less emphasis on the Old Gods, more on Azshara being a slutty queen hell bent on conquest
>>386877961
Shut up, reddit.
>>
>>386877961
>A company who's majority of their players lean right
Stop pushing politics in every little thing, holy fuck
>>
>>386878390
Except it's true. Spend 10 minutes in trade chat.
>>
>>386878047
>Ignore
Your posts full of lies
>Entire questlines revolving around shit memes are better than the original stories
Memes were in wow since the start
Cata old world has same percentage original stories as wow
>Lore being bastardized beyond belief
Was done since wc3
wow and bc raped it for good
let;s not even start with wotlk did
>Unrionically destroying some of the most iconic things in warcraft
Nothing wrong with it
Literally nothing wrong
>Areas altered otherwise meaninglessly or filled with downright retarded phasing, sentinel hill is permanently on fire etc
The only way to deal with old world after bc and wotlk rape
>Unironically trying to replace what took 4 years of love by Blizzards A team in less than a year
Staright up lie, Cata was expansion for what a-team returned after skipping 2/3 wotlk to fix shitfest, this is why everyone was so hyped about it
They all were replaced after people like you complained on forums about everything
It's actually very sad, but retard like you doesn't care.
>Questing is now incredibly boring and even more linear than it was before
Nothing can be more linear than coming in the area in wotlk, do 4 only aviable quests and overlevel zones
Nothing
In cata questlines and xp gains were build around taking you through entire zone, and you could pick different zones to level on different characters, making leveling not shit again, for the first time since bc
Lie, wotlk did it

Now I answered you, retarded wotlk kid
Now fuck off
>>
>>386878024
>Wotlk did this, not cata
Nope. They were removed pre patch cataclysm. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Weather_effects
>If I call him a retard that'll nullify everything they said, haha!
pic related
>>
>>386878846
>br and slav launch something that keeps wow alive only now
>subs stopped going up
Really makes you think about quality of wotlk
>>
>>386876776
Blood Elves and Forsaken have LITERALLY NO REASONS to be part of the Horde due to differences in all ways and historical reasons (BElfs hate Horde and Undead, while the Forsaken, being former Lordaeron people, also hate the Horde).

Night Elves also have absolutely no reason to be part of the Alliance due to the fact that their military might is equal to both Horde and Alliance. Not to mention that they like to chill in their forest and have people get off their lawn.

And the nowhere part is also justified in case of Undead (Legion made Nehr'Zul into the Lich King to make up for the failure of the Horde). NElves simply where in Kalimdor all this time and nobody from Azeroth knew about them until Medivh made the Alliance and Horde go there.

BElfs are the survivors of Arthas's rampage through Quel'Thalas. They all feel edgy.
>>
>>386878846
>Nope. They were removed pre patch cataclysm.
You forget to post your proof
Oh wait, can't expect anything from the deluded wotlk kid
>>
>>386867638
fpbp
>>
Wow, cata haters really were BTFO in this thread
>>
>>386867126
I just want an action game like DMC starring Tyrande where I get to watch her thick ass ass day while shooting and slicing up Orcs 'n shit
>>
>>386878667
you're wrong and cata is shit
>>
>>386876425
Not only do people do that out of habit, but there's also a whole legion of new blizzcucks brought in by hearthstone and overwatch, who are not only casuals, but also huge shills for them.
>>
>>386867126
Not even fuckers locked faction mounts behind a shitty rng box, what's worse than Pathfinder a pathfinder pt2
>>
>>386878667
cata unironically introducted thrall's marriage and was billed as the elements being in trouble yet shamans meant dick all and druids were given more of the spotlight. An entire zone is an indiana jones ripoff, and fucking deathwing was a cartoon villain

fuck off, cata's story sucked unredeemable amounts of ass. the deathwing complaint may apply to lich king but at least he did shit and had a good boss fight.
>>
File: 1485461512293.png (413KB, 409x822px) Image search: [Google]
1485461512293.png
413KB, 409x822px
>>386867723
>>
>>386880158
>clothes
This is not proper panda ass in it's natural habitat.
>>
>>386867126
>Blizzard actually did a good job with legion so far, so this time I have some hopes, for the first time since wotlk destroyed all traces of hope in my heart

Unironically KYS
>>
>>386880389
Unironically reddit
>>
>>386880158
more
>>
>>386878667
>Cata old world has same percentage original stories as wow
Redridge prior to Cataclysm was about fighting orcs. After Cataclysm its about helping fighting rambo fight orcs. Westfalls questliine is entirely about CSI.
>let;s not even start with wotlk did
Two wrongs don't make a right.
>The only way to deal with old world after bc and wotlk rape
Err, or you know that could actually created content.
>Staright up lie, Cata was expansion for what a-team returned after skipping 2/3 wotlk to fix shitfest, this is why everyone was so hyped about it
Nope. Most of the A team was working on Titan.
>Nothing can be more linear than coming in the area in wotlk, do 4 only aviable quests and overlevel zones
Apart from Cataclysm's questing which was entirely linear and on rails.
>Lie, wotlk did it
No, that came with Cataclysm revamp of the old world. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/23ajwc/has_blizzard_ever_addressed_why_they_removed/
>>386879191
see above.
>>
>>386880032
>cata unironically introducted thrall's marriage
Official approved wotlk writer wrote precata novel with this shit
Also wotlk introduced Thrall being weakling who couldn't beat garrosh in the 1v1 duel, despite Garrosh being some wimp who never held axe and Thrall having years of arena and war experience
>An entire zone is an indiana jones ripoff,
One quest chain
All expacks and vanilla had this shit too
Wotlk even had indiana jones ripoff questchain in the one of troll zones, giant snakes included!
>and fucking deathwing was a cartoon villain
He wasn't, and was played very seriously instead "I will get you another time x10" we saw in wotlk
Yes, Lich Kig fight was one of the redeeming things about wotlk, but deathwing was decent too
>>
fuck an xpac, give the players the map editor, like they did in wc3/2 and sc1/2

we are long overdue
>>
>>386880638
>No, that came with Cataclysm revamp of the old world. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/23ajwc/has_blizzard_ever_addressed_why_they_removed/
Maybe you should actually followed links you post
Blizzard never said "cata engine" in the logs, and weather with night were disabled in wotlk
>Two wrongs don't make a right.
This there you wrong
Cata revamping world isn't "wrong", you just deluded yourself to believe that fixing ruined things is bad
>>
>>386870307
>600g for being a whore

Dude, I can find 5 Herbs and make 600g off of them without pretending to be a girl. Maybe you are just gay?
>>
>>386881224
>During Cataclysm there was a revamp of the graphics system by adding shadows to the game, which required raising the ambient light in every zone, as the shadows made it too dark. This resulted in the night time having more ambient light than it used to.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3368-Patch-5-4-Developer-Interviews-Blue-Tweets-Setup-of-the-Month-Poll-Fan-Art-Update
>Cata revamping world isn't "wrong", you just deluded yourself
Yes, me and every other person that unsubscribed because of Cataclysm.
>>
>>386867126
>No more artifact power grinds or anything like it.
>Remove titanforge, warforge, and random legendaries (less dependency on RNG for items)
>Give players more choice in balancing PvP (use gear scaling rather than set templates or let us customize templates within a set total value)
>Make PvP a viable alternative for gear again, including PvP tier sets.
>remove item level scaling from the open world, you should feel more powerful as you level, not weaker.

Personally I want fixes more than I want new gimmicks.
>>
>>386881984
There's a lot of pvp effects in place that are essentially pvp set bonuses. Things like item level scaling are almost unnoticeable.
>>
>>386881547
>Yes, me and every other person that unsubscribed because of Cataclysm.
I honestly got tired of your shit
I can postanecdotal evidence how me and most of people I knew tried others mmo during wotlk becaue how bad it was
I can use this image >>386878846
To show how wotlk subs didn't go up despite fucking opening 20+ new servers for spantards and slavs(meaning old players from the eu and us servers gone somewhere, more likely away from wow)
You don't care
You just delued yourself so much it can't be hlped
>>
>>386883223
>REEEEEEEEEE YOU PROVIDED LINKS AND PROVED ME WRONG
>REEEEEE MY OPINION IS FACT
Thats the last (you) you're getting from.
>>
>>386867126

for all the WoW refugees to back to WoW
>>
I want it to end and restart on a new engine with a fresh clean slate.
>>
>>386884278
>YOU PROVIDED LINK
Do you live in the alternative world or something?
On the statement about wotlk ruining weather effect because wotlk kids complained you post link about night and shadows
Good, now fuck off
>>
>>386867126
nobody should give modern blizz any money since it is a talent less sjw company at this point but I´m pretty sure it´s gonna be Lick King 2.0 with Jana going back in time (probably with the help of an old god) and turning Arthus into a super saiyan blue lick king
>>
>>During Cataclysm there was a revamp of the graphics system by adding shadows to the game, which required raising the ambient light in every zone, as the shadows made it too dark. This resulted in the night time having more ambient light than it used to.
>http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3368-Patch-5-4-Developer-Interviews-Blue-Tweets-Setup-of-the-Month-Poll-Fan-Art-Update
>>386884874
Not him. Read above, dingus.
>>
>>386873465
More like
>Oh no, the person who spent an hour playing the game this week has the same gear as me when I spent 12 hours this week.

Would be like watching a part time employee make the same as you do working 10 times harder.

But I'm sure you were just fishing for (you)'s so here's one.
>>
>>386886016
Sounds like that person is 12 times better than you.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.