[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trying to play this on a pc (win10) with a ps4 controller, doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

trying to play this on a pc (win10) with a ps4 controller, doesn't work well at all

is it even possible?
>>
>>386854687
I tried with xbone controller but it was clunky as fuck

The game was made for mouse and keyboard senpai
>>
I haven't played oblivion with a controller and don't know if it has any controller support, but if it is designed to work with "generic PC controller" or the xbox360 controller it will work with DS4 using www.ds4windows.com
>>
>>386854772

i'm doing that, so far it only recognizes the touch pad as mouse, that seems to be it

there's a joystick option in the controls and i tried to assign the buttons manually, but it only recognized like half of them
>>
Don't bother. This was before standardized controller support.
>but if it is designed to work with "generic PC controller" or the xbox360 controller
it's not. all there are are a couple of mods that don't work well enough. you could get a steam controller, but it's ass too.
>>
>>386855175
Don't do that. What you need to do is figure out how to get the game working with a 360 controller because the built-in controller support is shit. Do all the steps necessary for a 360 to work, then just start up DS4windows with default settings (though I suggest you disable touch pad mouse).

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44945/?

Something like this, I haven't done it myself but that's the general idea.
>>
>>386854687
There's an option in the menu but it doesn't actually work and there aren't any good mods.
>>
Use a steam controller, it feels great with Oblivion and setting it up was easy
>>
>>386855793
I miss the day when PC game user interface isn't pile of console prompts shit everywhere.
>>
>>386856035
Yes I too miss shitty drivers and lack of universal standards. Fuck off.
>>
File: TESV 2011-11-14 13-15-11-02.jpg (173KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
TESV 2011-11-14 13-15-11-02.jpg
173KB, 1600x1000px
>>386856090
I mean come on, do you think UI like this is acceptable?
>>
>>386856346
I don't really see what the issue is. I personally like having a grid inventory but if you're going to go with a list based inventory (this is a game design/balance choice, not pandering to either PC or console players) I don't see anything inherently bad with this pic. Maybe have the categories as tabs on top but that would be better for console users too (LB/RB).

I like having a 3d model of the item on the right, I think all games should do that and devoting half the screen to it is perfectly fine in my opinion. Especially in a game trying to build a sense of exploration. And I agree the weapons should display more statistics than they did but again, I don't see that as a PC/console thing.

To tell you the truth I played Skyrim with a controller so I might be overlooking some clunkiness KB+M players experienced, what exactly was the problem?
>>
How do you call a homosexual elf in TES?
A gaymer.
>>
>>386854687
nope, there's no controller support sadly
>>
>>386856846
1. There's no scroll bar. (Have to use up down/mouse wheel to select item)
2. Button prompts on the bottom instead of clickable onscreen buttons
3. Useless space.
4. No sort table.
>>
>>386856346
honestly this isn't much worse than Morrowind's, at leas you can find what you want without hovering over every fucking icon
>>
File: 1502469730846.jpg (489KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1502469730846.jpg
489KB, 1600x1000px
>>386857353
>There's no scroll bar.
I don't remember ever in my life using a scroll bar because I'm not an old lady. Granted it would be good if you're playing on a laptop without an external mouse of gamepad but that's a pretty far fetch for an action game. Not a big deal to add though, should be there.
>Button prompts on the bottom instead of clickable onscreen buttons
I always use hotkeys but this can be seen as a legitimate complaint
>Useless space.
Yes, maybe, but it's not like it's black screen. You see the game on the background. It's a stylistic decision as well not flooding the screen too much.
>No sort table.
Granted, but again console players like to sort things too.

Something like this is how I would've done it, console or PC. Aside from the clickable buttons I think all your and my criticisms are just bad game design, not bad PC porting. I like having the game visible on the background. It prevents the feeling of being pulled out of the game when you just go into inventory real quick.

Overall I think the controller support is one of the good things that came out of console incluences on PC. Struggling with those sidewinder pieces of shit or usb adapters to PS2 controllers was a nightmare. Every game was different, had to be manually configured and you never knew if it would even work. These days you get kb+m controls and prompts, plug in a controller and it's controller keys and prompts. Don't even need to restart the game.
>>
>>386857404
this. bethesda is just shit at UI design
>>
>>386854687
the answer is simple. get a steam controller
>>
>>386856014
>>386862104
They don't even pay you, do they?
>>
>>386854687
Why the fuck wouldn't you just use a keyboard?
>>
>>386862247
Not OP but unless the game is something requiring absolute precision (like a multiplayer FPS) or lots of hotkeys (like an RTS) I'd much rather play it leaning back all comfy.

And I grew up with a PC, not consoles.
>>
>>386854687
>win10
>controller
Kill yourself.
>>
>>386862458
>m-muh pcmr please upvote
>>
File: 1476601231901.jpg (76KB, 740x531px) Image search: [Google]
1476601231901.jpg
76KB, 740x531px
>>386854759
>The game was made for mouse and keyboard senpai
that hud
>>
>>386855175
check "hide ds4 controller" in the options if you didnt already
>>
>>386854759
It was made for consoles
>>
>>386862247
why the fuck wouldnt somebody just use what they feel like using?

people like you are fucking annoying...
>>
>>386857404
>>386860032
morrowing has a damn good UI, windowed screen where you can drag and drop items realtime and move the sizes of your windows as you like. Inventory was sorted into tabs.
what the fuck are you to talking about
>>
>>386856846
>I don't see anything inherently bad with this pic
Wasted screen space, text is too large for no reason, there's a half second of menu lag between being able to do any given thing (scrolling from item to item, using an item, changing categories)
>>
>>386865782
I just wish there was a way to instantly transfer items between the open container window and my inventory and vise versa

having to shift click, move the mouse, click is kind of annoying
>>
>>386854687

Why they don't have any controller support is retarded beyond belief.
>>
>>386865753
These are children who grew up with a playstation or something and associate controllers with a console. Then they got their first dose of reddit PCMR and started attacking everyone not using a keyboard and mouse because that's "the pc thing".
They don't realize that choice of input method was always very central to PC gaming whether it was the keyboard, joystick, wheel or a controller depending on the game.
>>386866002
>Wasted screen space
People don't want their games to look like excel.
>>
>>386854687
I wish my pc could run embs oblivion would be beautiful
>>
>>386866347
>People don't want their games to look like excel
A spreadsheet layout is objectively the most efficient way to display a player inventory in a PC videogame.
>>
>>386867351
No one's questioning that. Games aren't about making data as efficient as possible.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.