[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Prey is far better than System Shock 2 Have you ever clicked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: drahen.jpg (88KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
drahen.jpg
88KB, 900x900px
>Prey is far better than System Shock 2
Have you ever clicked unsub button so fast and hard your mouse broke?
>>
literally who
>>
His reviews are so boring and tedious. They lack any real insight beyond stuff that's obvious and spoil everything so it's useless for people who haven't bought the game. Why do people even watch him?
>>
Nobody cares about your epic e-celeb, you friendless millennial faggot.
>>
I wished that Joe would have more discussion before going deep in the spoiler section.
I mean, I'm 45 minutes in the video and I barely felt like he spoiled me in anything, other than the introduction, but 5 minutes in the videos he was already trowing the spoiler warning, when he could have waited to talk about the story later, and focused on a non-spoiler section about the gameplay.
>>
He is right though, all things considered Prey is a far superiour product compared to SS2, most games that old aged like milk.

Take off your nostalgia glasses faggot
>>
Joseph "Fallout is my favourite vidya series, I haven't played FO1 or 2 btw" Anderson, a critic you can trust
>>
>>386854652
The first two games are completely different from the 3D titles, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here.
>>
>>386853393
That is a perfectly reasonable opinion to have after playing SS2 for the first time right before playing Prey. He said right at the start that he has no context for how good SS2 was at release.
>>
I haven't played Prey but it does look very entertaining. Is he overhyping it? Because it seems like hitting the fucking mimics for 10 hours while collecting trucks of loot might get tiring, SS2 had constant variety, tension, and atmosphere to break the routine.
>>
I've actually never clicked a subscribe button in the first place.
>>
>>386853780
He really needs to spend more time on making a video. His videos are too short to properly analyze anything.
>>
I get the feeling he tries way to hard to sound intellectual and like his arguments have any value or logic.

Always loved the Darkest Dungeon review saying that the game is an unplayable mess and one of the worst videogames ever made.
>>
>>386853393
>I have to agree with everything this guy says
Is there a bigger pitfall for reviews?
>>
>>386853393
>System Shock 2 is good
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>386856074
>Always loved the Darkest Dungeon review saying that the game is an unplayable mess and one of the worst videogames ever made.

But that's absolutely correct.
>>
>>386853393
are we supposed to know which irrelevant e-celeb you're talking about?
>>
>>386854526
I finished SS2 two years ago for the first time. I still enjoyed it more than Prey.
>>
>>386853393
I don't have this unsub button thing on my mouse but nuPrey is pretty good I'll give it that. Whether or not it blows the fuck out of SS2 is going to be dependent on whether or not you feel the latter has aged well as a PC game.
>>
>>386856074
He never said it was unplayable, and he said it was a terrible experience for him because he dislikes grind.
>>
File: tgC92.png (267KB, 496x508px) Image search: [Google]
tgC92.png
267KB, 496x508px
>Ending of SS2
I will never not laugh my ass off
>>
>>386853393
>wannabe MatthewMatossis
Matt's not even that good
>>
who
>>
File: eWZ25m9A_400x400.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
eWZ25m9A_400x400.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>386856074
There are people on /v/ right now that think Darkest Dungeon is a hardcore RPG and not a glorified mobile game.
>>
>>386853393

I don't have an unsub button, because subbing is for losers.
>>
>>386856423
I really dont know why people like any of these kinds of youtubers. Who cares about what some random asshat thinks about vidya on the internet? I can get actual discussion but when one side is presented via video you lose that dialogue.
>>
Legit though, SS2 is overrated. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but it's shit hacking minigame, sub par enemy variety, borderline useless PSI, and poor endgame can't be ignored. I'd peg it as a solid B+ game.
>>
>>386857053
If you're not using custom software to visit only random webpages, you're a fucking loser. Deliberately seeking out content you might enjoy is something only retards do.
>>
>>386853848
He spoiled mechanics and basically told how you to play the game on easy mode. Big part of the fun is figuring it out your self.
>>
>>386857164
>Who cares about what some random asshat thinks about vidya on the internet
>says it on a videogame board where thousands of random asshat tell their opinions about vidya
Really gets that neuron wiggling
>>
>>386856372
This.
>>386855386
Prey is extremely entertaining,and there's tons of variety.The atmosphere and level design are absolutely god tier.It might not have too much tension(maybe a little paranoia),but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable
>>
>>386853393
what part did he say that? is he deluded?
>>
>>386853393
youtubers say anything retarded to get attention, ingore their opinion.
you fell for a clickbait shame on you op
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lvz4gyM87Q
>>
>>386857615
the first minute of the video
>>
Some anon posted this video in some old thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjBDVT4k5OQ

If you have time watch this, and then compare it with the 'analysis' made by Anderson.
>>
>>386856882
>hardcore
>rpg
>a genre where the objective is literally to grind until you have OP equipment
>>
File: 1497382298678.jpg (80KB, 599x605px) Image search: [Google]
1497382298678.jpg
80KB, 599x605px
>>386860469
>Darkest Dungeon shills actually believe this
>>
>>386853393
Game analysis videos really need to fucking die. At least analysis videos of movies and TV shows are relatively interesting and focus primarily on the themes and views of the artform, video games just don't have that sort of intellectual depth or meaning to them, and when they do they're usually boring as shit. Why didn't Joseph just make a movie analysis channel?
>>
>>386853393
SS1 is far better than SS2, Prey sits in the middle. I see no problem with this.
>>
File: flurry.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
flurry.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
He is 100% correct.
Also BOTW is garbage.
>>
Dragon's Dogma is a shit game
Fallout 4 was more important than my son's birth
t.Joseph Anderson, the shit eater
>>
>>386854526
SS2 has not aged a single bit, especially with fucking Bioshock in-between.
>>
>>386860596
I'm saying RPGs are not hardcore in anyway, Darkest Dungeon is not an exception.
>>
>>386859548
this is a shit opinion
>>
>>386856074
You didn't even properly listen to what he said. Yeah we get it, he insulted your game, post your favorite "muh e-celebs" picture and fuck off
>>
File: 1388139683016.png (11KB, 259x288px) Image search: [Google]
1388139683016.png
11KB, 259x288px
Who is he?
Why would his opinions matter?

He's literally just a guy making videos on youtube. Anyone can do that.
I don't understand why would you not only waste your time on watching what some random guy thinks about video games, but also - for whatever reason - actually respect his opinions.

This goes for any other youtube "reviewer" like matthewmatosis.
They never made a video game in their lives. They never worked on video games in their lives. They're probably younger than you and played less games than you. They probably started playing games with PS1 / PS2, which makes their opinions absolutely worthless, as youngfags don't know jack shit about vidya.
>>
>>386856414
I don't know who could look at that ending and not have a giggle.
I'm disappointed that people call it bad
>>
Prey is an objectively shit game anyway so who cares?
>>
>>386853393
Did he actually say that?

Sounds great, I'll buy Prey then
>>
>>386862605
My fat fucking friend is a dumbass but since we have similar tastes I tend to respect his opinions. This is the same with the exception that he's not my friend.

Your points are worthless, if you'd said "why even bother discussing his opinion on /v/?" then maybe I'd have given you some credit. If this is some copypasta then call me a faggot and fuck my anus sideways.
>>
>>386859548
So far (about 25 minutes in) it seems like the video doesn't make particularly great points (Outside of the tutorial being less than effective at teaching the player to branch out) in comparison to Anderson's video and where the gameplay in particular is concerned the review is clearly starting to suffer from the fact that he's playing an FPS on a PS4.
>>
>>386853393
I guess he really was wrong about Dark Souls II.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.