[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Notice many streamers playing PoE and actually sticking with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: Path_of_Exile_Logo.png (166KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
Path_of_Exile_Logo.png
166KB, 460x300px
>Notice many streamers playing PoE and actually sticking with it instead of dropping it after a day as per usual
>Think it must be good and open up a stream
>All of them have used hundreds of dollars of donation/sub money in the cash shop

Oh.
>>
>>386847513
People donate money to buy crates. Not any different from other games on twitch.
>>
>>386847836
>People donate money to buy crates.

Not really. The Streamers buy them because playing without buying from the cash shop is a grueling experience.
>>
>>386847940
>>386847513
Is this a shitpost? You literally can't buy power in PoE, the only thing that even comes close is Stash tabs.
>>
>>386847940
>oh no my character doesn't look shit enough without demon wings and blood armour better spend all this money
>>
>>386847940
>playing without cosmetics is a grueling experience
>>
>>386847513
what are you trying to imply
>>
I thought the cash shop only let you buy cosmetics and stash tabs?
>>
>>386848413
Yup
OP is just fucking retarded.
>>
>>386847513
>Hundreds of dollars in the cash shop
>For sparkles that have no effect on gameplay
Wow, shit game guys. How dare a company release a f2p game with cosmetic items as a way to make money.
>>
>>386847513
>>386847940
There's nothing on the cash shop but cosmetics and stash tabs. There's literally nothing that gives you any advantage or speeds anything up. Maybe the currency stash tab but that's still just convenience rather than any actual advantage.

>mfw enjoying the hell out of the game and considering buying the currency tab
Really gotta go on the general and see if my character is undergeared or if act 6 god bosses should really be two shotting me. I have no idea how I should be upgrading my equipment.
>>
You can't buy items, exp boost or anything of the sort though.
It's all just cosmetics, extra character and stash slots.
>>
>>386848825
>>386849016
The best part is that the cosmetics are legitimately awful looking.
Like, who the fuck other than a huge flaming faggot would want sparkly footsteps effects?
If that shit was on by default, I'd want to pay to remove that shit.
>>
>>386848825
tabs are important though, especially if you're into extreme high end gameplay, which usually involves hoarding tons of stuff to sell to get the money for your builds. At the very, very least currency tab is essential more than ever during this league, sorting currency with normal tab is a huge pain in the ass
>>
>>386849153
Yeah I've never understood the appeal. Shits really expensive too. You get 100 'coins' for $10 USD, but a cosmetic outfit full set costs like 300-450 coins. So thats $30-45 USD. For one set of cosmetics.

I keep second guessing the currency tab because though I want it out of sheer laziness, its technically $7.50.... for a stash tab.
>>
>>386849153
The game looks like ass either way
Some gem effects are neat though
>>
>game is free to play
>no income other than cosmetics
>get mad at cosmetics

I really hope you guys run your own business with your own money
>>
as someone with 500+ hours in PoE, I can tell you that I've spent $10 total and it was on premium stash tabs and a currency tab during a stash sale, which basically enables economic autism if that's your guys' thing. The stash tabs are the only thing that is actually game changing and not strictly cosmetic, although I will 100% concede that they're borderline mandatory if you plan on playing more than 20~ hours. Only real issue with the game's price model.

Seriously, it's beyond satisfying to just sit there in your Hideout watching anime or whatever and ripping off Russians for shitty uber lab enchants. comfiest league start of my life tbqh
>>
>>386849327
Fair, but you do get regular tabs for free. It kind of sucks using only 4 if you're f2p, but it's still playable, and you can still all of the content You just have to use third party software to set up.shop if you don't want to spend 4 bucks on a premium tab
>>
>>386849852
>4 tabs

I have like 8 or 9 though Ive been in since the beta. Do new players only get 4?
>>
>>386850118
You bought the tabs then
I'm a closed beta supporter and I have 4 by default
>>
>>386849412

basically the way they justify it, is selling the set alongside the "supporter" package, and having constant sales. that way, if you buy the supporter package like a shockingly high # of people do, you get both the points and your epic jizz armor, and about 90% of the points will probably be spent on more jizz armor. the sales are great but honestly it's only like 25-50% off usually so you're still paying a fuckton more than anyone realistically should be paying for armor for your russian grinding simulator character.

please note that i love this game but yeah i don't like their economic model as much
>>
When does the game get good?
Act 1 is boring and all items are just +xx damage and xx% speed/damage
>>
>>386850479
Why do you care about garbage cosmetics?
Tabs and char slots are the only thing to be potentially angry about.
>>
>>386850595
End of act 3
>>
>>386847513
>Start game
>See that all of the cool looking amor and effects will be locked behind an outrageously expensive paywall
>Close the game and never play again
>>
File: s7Jt1CP.jpg (100KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
s7Jt1CP.jpg
100KB, 960x960px
>>
>>386849016
>I have no idea how I should be upgrading my equipment.

ignore offensive stats. all you actually need on your gear is life and elemental resistances. maybe a few strength/int/dex rolls if you need more to equip and level your gems, that's it.
all your damage (especially while leveling) comes from your gem link setups and your passive tree. your gear is mostly there to prevent you from dying all the time.

that said, bosses two-shotting you is pretty normal in this game. you can spend time and currency on upgrading your gear a lot, then you wont die as much, but in my opinion thats really not worth it while leveling. the only thing that really fucked me up was act 10 kitava, i died over 30 times there, but apart from that you can avoid most things the bosses do. just takes some experience to adapt to their attack patterns.
>>
>>386849642
how do i properly farm uber lab for enchants?
do i just carry high item level normals with me, throw the enchant on the item, and then sell it?
or do i have to do it with specific uniques?
>>
>>386850595
When you're mapping with a good build that abuses mechanics In a way you find enjoyable
>>
>>386849016
If PoE is anything like Diablo, you should always go for Vitality stat first and foremost, never put points into the other 3 other than enough to equip gear.
>>
File: 1470937140389.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
1470937140389.png
643KB, 1022x731px
>1mb update
>its takes 10 hours to update after download
>>
>>386851320
The game depends heavily on life nodes and resistances, so you're not that far off
>>
>>386851038
>All that matters is your gem setup
Not if you're doing an attack based build friend, your weapons matter a pretty big deal then.
>>
>>386850247
LOL

wew

all this time I thought 8 was the default. RIP f2p.
>>
>>386851518
do you have any idea how much of a faggot you are?
>>
>>386851038
I'm a minion master character, so I expect to be fragile, just the game seems to have randomly huge damage for no real reason.

Granted, both times a boss annihilated me in a second after dodging their shit all fight my minions finished them off while I was dead, so I guess it doesn't matter in the end.

>>386851320
PoE is nothing like Diablo, stat setup is very different. I'm almost pure int, so my "health" is energy shield (meaning flasks do fuck all for me until I find some with actually useful abilities). Got plenty of resistances though
>>
>>386850595
when you get good
>>
>>386851385
literally the only reason i havent updated poe is because i dread the fucking 5-10 minutes of chugging it does to my computer anytime an update starts.
>>
>>386851562
Oh right, I forgot you could clear content with the starting weapon with nothing but resists and Dex on it while doing ground slam.
>>
>>386851625
Everything dies in 1 hit already
I just hold my Spark button whenever I see enemies
>>
>>386851518
that is true.
while leveling, i recommend regularly buying the highest damage weapon base you can find at the vendors, then crafting the basic % increased phys damage on it with the vendor recipe.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system#Crafting

good enough to keep your damage up while leveling. you can also just alt/aug spam to get two good mods instead of just one if you have the currency.
>>
>>386851934
>attacking enemies as soon as you see any
>gud

wew
>>
>>386852438
That's pretty good advice, actually. If you're doing caster builds, I'd recommend a similar thing, except where you use a staff with the links you need, and +1 to gem levels crafted with the vendor recipe. It's been a while though, so I can't remember if staves can actually have that mod vendor crafted on them.
>>
>>386851630
>>386851385
Question, are you playing thru Steam?

PoE has an issue where it takes 4-5x longer to update thru Steam. They can't fix it because the issue is with Steam it self.

If you are going thru steam, submit a support ticket email to the PoE support people, and they can unbind your account so you can use the normal PoE launcher
>>
>>386853016
pretty sure it works just fine.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system#Crafting

you can craft +x% spell damage or +1 level to fire/lightning/frost gems on weapons if you want
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.