[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was just made aware that there is a standalone Gwent game. Any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: logo-en.35.png (100KB, 848x552px) Image search: [Google]
logo-en.35.png
100KB, 848x552px
Was just made aware that there is a standalone Gwent game.

Any of you guys tried it? I played every Witcher game and love the lore and universe, but never tried card games such as this or Hearthstone.

What are your takes on it?
>>
>card game

instant pass
>>
It's pathetic using modern technology to render card stock and playing any form of RNG Microtransaction.
>>
File: 1495093495276.jpg (100KB, 861x923px) Image search: [Google]
1495093495276.jpg
100KB, 861x923px
>install game
>queue up
>starter deck gets destroyed by people with better cards
>repeat
>>
>>386836821
>>386836791
>>386836909
So, not that good. Got it.
>>
>>386836726
Like other online CCG it's pay to win.

Also decks that could be good and you have invested money in can become useless if the devs retroactively nerfs or changes your cards.
>>
I like it but it gets repetitive real fast due to rampant netdecking, small deck size, small number of cards in general, and low level of interaction between the players (some top decks have literally no card that account for the opponent). As for good news, its considerably less jew than Hearthstone, with 250 hours in I have around 80% of all cards on f2p account.
>>
>>386837056
>(some top decks have literally no card that account for the opponent)
What does that mean?
>>
>>386838674
Well there's a popular deck built around dorfs, thats works on the idea of winning round 1 at all costs, and then using resilience mechanic to carry all that power into round 2, effectively 2-0'ing your opponent. This deck effectively doesn't care about anything the opponent plays, its all about dumping large numbers on your side of the board.
>>
>>386839531
Oh. I do the same with Nilfgaard, the resilience mechanic is OP as shit anyway.
>>
Pros:

> High amount of polish, cards look cool, sound cool, and animate in interesting ways
> VERY generous F2P compared to Hearthstone, you are showered in packs and each pack has a relatively high chance of containing a legendary
> Much less RNG than the competition

Cons:

> Right now, the meta is very stale. At high ranks, you will queue into the same two decks over and over and over and over.
> Not as many cards as more established games
> Too many "pile o' stats" cards that have no interesting effects
> Less interaction with the opponent than Hearthstone magic. Some decks are basically Solitare

It's fun for ~30 hours or so up to rank 40. At the moment, most of the community is playing less and waiting for season end and The Big Patch.
>>
>>386837047
Shadowverse isn't pay to win.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.