[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Just 3 years ago he was a super star game dev, who could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13

File: deadrising2_222783b_0[1].jpg (412KB, 1399x1200px) Image search: [Google]
deadrising2_222783b_0[1].jpg
412KB, 1399x1200px
>Just 3 years ago he was a super star game dev, who could command entire audiences to hang on his every word
>now he's a joke and is entirely avoiding the Western conventions and fanbases
>stuck as a middle manager for mobile games
>will never fill his dream of being the CEO of a Neo-Capcom with Neo-MegaMan fully under his control

Gaming is a cruel mistress.
>>
More like BITCH lmao
>>
B I T C H
>>
>>386833312
>make shit
>get hit
>>
File: 1500503321085.jpg (366KB, 1399x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1500503321085.jpg
366KB, 1399x1200px
>>386833738
>>386833417
>>
I'm a game dev myself, you guys have no idea how absurdly sadistic you guys are being on the guy. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve backlash, because he does. He absolutely does, but outside of your little comfy 4Chin image boards, you guys have no comcept [hah, get it?] of what it's like to work in the field, and this board is full of people who pretend to be extra knowledgeable about this kind of stuff.

Inb4 some fatass-know-it-all says NO UR NOT GAEMZ DEVELUPPERZ FCK U.

Yes, I am. Game devs browse this board believe it or not. We can't say for which company or which games we worked on cause we could get in trouble if we're identified, but yes, we actually do browse this board.
>>
>>386835071
>I'm a game dev myself, you guys have no idea how absurdly sadistic you guys are being on the guy. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve backlash, because he does. He absolutely does, but outside of your little comfy 4Chin image boards, you guys have no comcept [hah, get it?] of what it's like to work in the field, and this board is full of people who pretend to be extra knowledgeable about this kind of stuff.

I was pretty much leading the hate crusade against Inafune, but I came to realize we were going a bit too far. So first, I consider Inafune more of a fool than malicious, and I kinda feel bad for him. His entire dreams crashed around him. He probably cried himself to sleep. Second, Inti-Creates deserves as much if not more blame, but they pretty much got away scott free.

Inti being fired from Bloodstained when the projects are pretty similar (Unreal, 3D, console game) is a tip off that Comcept wasn't the main problem.
>>
>>386835071
Why are you either shitposting yourself or taking shitposting seriously?
>>
>>386835071

That's the games industry man. If /v/ was around in 2000, we'd be shitting on John Romero so hard. He'd be a laughing stock around here.
>>
>>386835251
I'm glad you're also realizing how far things have been taken. I genuinely feel bad for Inafune, even if he did wrong, at his age, to have so much of your dreams and life plans fall into ruin is devastating. I'm sure he's learned a lot, and with the spirit he's shown I believe he'll keep trying. I can respect someone who is willing to not give up, even if I may not be their biggest fan, I can at least appreciate someone's enthusiasm and listen to them.

Inti Creates is top quality for games such as Megaman Zero, ZX or Gunvolt Burst. Retro or Old School 2D [easier engine] type games. I could never trust them with anything 3D. Having operated with Unreal myself, I can confirm it is quite a challenging engine at times, depending on the performance you're striving for, but when I see things like Mighty Number 9 on PS4 and PC having frame rate issues in the Ice Level, I cringe and wonder just why their polycount had to be so high, when the reflection was pretty much non existent and and the texture not all so demanding on both the hardware and the software.

Inafune had his wrongs, but Inti Creates is to blame, in more ways than the public are aware of. They should stay away from 3D Engine projects and they should stick to what they do best. [Gunvolt, MMZ, MMZX and such].
>>
>>386835251
>I consider Inafune more of a fool than malicious
No kidding. No-one in their right mind sabotages their own product. Inafune was a dumbass, not deliberately evil.
>>
>>386835071
>>386833312
He literally was left to his own devices and without capcoms "no" men couldn't produce a game to save his life.
>>
>>386835308
It's not about the shitpost aspect of it, Anon. It's just that there's an actual mindset that installs itself from all this mindless posting. I understand Inafune paying for what he did, but understand that my reaction and sympathy towards the guy only comes from the fact that I'm not only a gamer, but also a developer. I do not dare imagine myself or even my main team receiving so much hatred, shitposting and general disgust in our general direction all the time. I've met Inafune myself at a convention and he's NOT some sort of asshole, he's very social and friendly, but he's also a dreamer, for better or for worse.

>>386835450
I understand that. I just don't know how I'd handle what Inafune's being put through, that's all.
>>
>>386835071
I've tried to indie game dev, I know how hard it is, couldn't imagine a bigger AA or AAA game dev.

But this guy is a fucking hack. He made some good designs, huge false promises, shit all over the supports, threw out some garbage product, then claimed "better than nothing lol, pay me".

Fuck him, and fuck anyone else that is a dev that thinks like him. Don't make a KS, indiegogo, or any other crowdfund, then deliver fuck all for the product. Don't promise the world and deliver a fucking dirt in a cup.

If a dev wants to make their dream game, and they get a bunch of excess money on their crowdfund, then they should make the game as polished and as well as they can. They shouldn't take a game concept, throw as much shit at the wall as they can, see what sticks, then sell that. These people are fucking retards.
>>
>>386835484
Well, his friend Hino bailed him out and absorbed Comcept into Level 5, so even if he ends up working on mobileshit, you could say "it's better than nothing". A select few game creators like Sakaguchi even found lots of success on mobile.
>>
File: FAAAANTASTIC.jpg (221KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FAAAANTASTIC.jpg
221KB, 1280x720px
While calling Inafune a fool would without a doubt be the understatement of the century, it's hard to fully hate on one of the head honchos who created one of my favorite games of all time.

(Although handing over the franchise to fucking Canadians deserves repeated kicks to the bollocks)
>>
>>386835631
>It's not about the shitpost aspect of it, Anon. It's just that there's an actual mindset that installs itself from all this mindless posting. I understand Inafune paying for what he did, but understand that my reaction and sympathy towards the guy only comes from the fact that I'm not only a gamer, but also a developer. I do not dare imagine myself or even my main team receiving so much hatred, shitposting and general disgust in our general direction all the time. I've met Inafune myself at a convention and he's NOT some sort of asshole, he's very social and friendly, but he's also a dreamer, for better or for worse.
I agree with you, it's just that /v/ in general is a shithole where I wouldn't take opinions seriously in most cases.
>>
Using RPG Maker doesn't mean you're a game developer. You're worse than the people who use Unity.
>>
>>386835796
>(Although handing over the franchise to fucking Canadians deserves repeated kicks to the bollocks)

He also handed Devil May Cry to Ninja Theory. He was the one spearheading that drive at Capcom.
>>
>>386835796
>Producer
Inafune isn't creative or the reason Dead Rising was good.
>>
>>386835915

I honestly don't doubt that for even a second.

I just imagine he must have had *some* role in making the game what it was.
>>
>>386835796
>>386835876
Don't forget Lost Planet 3. Remember kids, he CREATED Megaman.
>>
>>386835690
I understand your point. I'd just like to submit to you the information that Inafune did not say [It's better than nothing] but Ben Judd, who added this personal line right after translating what Inafune said during the livestream. It's a common misunderstanding.

All the wrong doings and faults, all the errors and false promises could never, ever be defended, and I would never wish to try to defend those. I do theorize however that Inafune was euphoric and dreamed bigger than he was supposed to in the moment. I theorize he may have been so euphoric he lost his focus and simply went wild, and that was his fatal mistake. I believe his literally lost control from euphoria. He had a huge set of immense responsibilities and I believe he assumed everything was going too well.

I'm not trying to defend him though, I just wanted to share my theory.

>>386835742
Being reduced to mobile games after aiming for such high AAA / empire-like projects must be soul crushing to say the least. He has a chance to redeem himself to a certain level in my opinion, say he was to produce something in the quality of Blazblue Revolution Reburning but less Gimmicky with the money. Regardless of the platform, there's always a chance for a smart dev to provide a good product, or so I like to believe.

>>386835802
Actually we tend to check /v/ on reveal / trailer / announcements and release dates. There is a lot of shit posting, but we're fully aware there's a genuinely passionate portion of the people on /v/ who really have things to say about certain games. Take a look at the Drakengard threads for example. It's an extremely niche franchise but everyone in these threads are bros to each other. Or look at the RWBY announcement for that new Blazblue fighting game, that information is important.

>>386835826
I miss my RPG Maker days. It's a simple engine compared to Unreal.
>>
File: spoiler-v1.png (209B, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
spoiler-v1.png
209B, 100x100px
>>386835071
He missmanaged his project and his career becouse he became arrogant. He outsourced mn9. Hes not a dev, hes a failed business man.
>>
>>386836201
>Actually we tend to check /v/ on reveal / trailer / announcements and release dates. There is a lot of shit posting, but we're fully aware there's a genuinely passionate portion of the people on /v/ who really have things to say about certain games. Take a look at the Drakengard threads for example. It's an extremely niche franchise but everyone in these threads are bros to each other. Or look at the RWBY announcement for that new Blazblue fighting game, that information is important.
From my experience, more niche games are the ones with the best threads simply because they attract fewer shitposters. In the case of Mighty No. 9, I'm sure 90+% of people who shat on it throughout the years were bandwagoners who never played a Megaman game.
>>
>>386836051
>Producers basically manage the relationship with the artist. They find the talent, work out product deals, get contracts signed, manage them, and bring them to their conclusion. The producers do most of the things that a product manager does. They don't do the marketing, which in some cases product managers do. They don't make decisions about packaging and merchandising, but they do get involved ... they're a little like book editors, a little bit like film producers, and a lot like product managers.

Producer, just like in film, can vary greatly in meaning. Maybe he did decide the team that developed it, and maybe he really did help them day to day. Either way he isn't the sole reason, or even close to being a notable reason anything he has ever produced or doodled was good. He's a smarmy conman, just like Miyamoto, except Inafune isn't nuts. Just a dumb asshole.
>>
>>386836408
Sometimes bandwagon leads you to the right place.
>>
>Elec Man
>Punk
>Zero
>Splash Woman
>Plug Man
>Auto
>Bass + Treble (co-creation with Hayato Kaji)
>Trinity

I've started to do research on Inafune and his career, and these are the only characters that so far I've had sources stating that he designed them. Specifically that means he claims to have done it. My research so far is far from exhaustive, so I don't think it's conclusive.

I want to get to the truth and figure out what this guy actually did in his career. Any help and sources on this matter are appreciated.
>>
making it 3d and trying to shove it on every shitty console were the most offensive mistakes that doomed it
gigantic waste of fucking money, still hasn't delivered what was promised to kickstarters, deserves every ounce of spite he gets
>>
File: inafune has a big ego.jpg (1MB, 3840x1955px) Image search: [Google]
inafune has a big ego.jpg
1MB, 3840x1955px
>>386836230
>He missmanaged his project and his career becouse he became arrogant.
>>
>>386836408
Yeah. But we've also noticed a trend happening on /v/.

Mark my words on this one.

We actually had a quick talk about this phenomena in a meeting once.

Example: Final Fantasy 13 happens.

/v/ talks about how much it sucks, how horrible it is, how it ruined the franchise, how Lightning is a shit [waifu? even if she isn't even marketted as such until Lightning Returns?] Anyway, they'll do everything they can to destroy, ravage and shit on 13 for years, in the promise that VS13 / 15 was going to be this golden child.

15 comes out. /v/ gives it the EXACT same treatment as FF13.

Suddenly the hate threads about 13 stop, everybody loves 13 and the haters are hardly found anymore. [13 wasn't SO bad, stap it you gaiz]. or even those [APOLOGIZE!] threads with an FF13 thumbnail where people defend 13 tooth and nail.

It's crazy how /v/ does this with almost every series. And then you see people make threads like [Wtf? /v/ hates this game now?] or [Wtf? /v/ likes this game now?]

They're inconsistent spoiled children / brats with no understanding of what they want. Shitposters are often source for laughter instead of damaging game devs with all the hate they think is so powerful.
>>
Why do Nips keep promoting concept artists to product leads and management? This shit is confusing.
>>
>>386836653
>We actually had a quick talk about this phenomena in a meeting once.

I always imagined /v/ was too irrelevant to mention by name. Reddit, NeoGaf and others are more mainstream.

>FF13 + FF15

Both bad to mediocer games.
>>
>>386836554
yeah fuck him and his stupid hair

>>386836653
it's crazy how /v/ isn't one person
>>
>>386835071
I'm also a game dev myself.
He deserves everything he's got for mismanaging his project and lying to his backers multiple times, smaller dev teams created way more polished games than him with less than a quarter of MN9's money.
>>
>>386836749

We just briefly mentioned it when talking about target audiences and stuff, and how a portion is never satisfied, hence why we have to cherry pick the feedback at times. It seems like a bad practice, but sometimes we really, really are not given a choice, and it sucks.

>>386836765
/v/ isn't one person, we're aware of that, but we can see /v/ as two things, and we do.

> An interesting hivemind
> An interesting niche that defects from the hivemind.

Both voices can be heard on here, which is why there are debates and people bashing and calling each other fags and disagreeing on things.
>>
>>386835071
He was given $3 MILLION dollars to make ANY game he wanted without restrictions and he still fucked it up.

If that isn't mishandled I don't know what is.
>>
>>386836929
>
I'm not saying it wasn't mishandled, I'm just...look, go back and read my posts. I'm not even actually defending the guy.
>>
>>386836653
I've known what you describe as the Zelda cycle, but yeah, on /v/ it's really widespread.
>>
>>386837084
Now that you mention it, Zelda does have that same exact phenomena around it. I know a portion of the fan-base had untamed hatred for Majora's Mask and now claim the game is Art. [Their opinion changed when Twilight Princess came out].
>>
>>386836929
>>386836773

So, according to Inafune, they only got 60% of the money from Kickstarter. That works out to 2.3 million. Next, Inti-Creates did the actual game. They're the ones who dropped the ball the most. They just seem unable to really handle Unreal Engine and lacked the technical skill to handle a project of this size. So the blame does go around. Inti got fired from Bloodstained a year ago, and Iga had to scramble to find new devs. So this wasn't a one-off anomaly with MN9.
>>
File: 1478057734224.gif (414KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
1478057734224.gif
414KB, 520x520px
>>386833312
>>386835071

>Kojima makes many bad games and even fucks up MGSV and 4
>/v/ loves him

>Inafune makes 1 bad game
>/v/ hates him

the hypocrisy is ridiculous. I agree he fucked up the kickstarter but do you see star citizen and YookaLaylee getting the same treatment?
nope.
>>
>>386836653
/v/ is not one person. Its a collective of anonymous users that enjoy talking shit about anything remotely vidya related. Most folks in here don't really care. They post on both sides of an argument just to keep the fire burning.
And of course devs check this place out. How else could you check out if the shills are doing their job.
>>
File: Shit that would appal Himmler.jpg (90KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Shit that would appal Himmler.jpg
90KB, 960x960px
>>386835071
He should be tried at The Hague and hung for crimes against humanity.
>>
>>386837187
YookaLaylee and Kojima both were ''martyrs'' to a certain extent. It's a different scenario. Inafune was just an ignorant idiot throughout the whole thing.
>>
>>386837265
>martyrs

Now you're just making up buzzwords to justify your hate for Inafune
>>
>>386836897
That might help you with understanding the way things go but

>SUDDENLY /V/ LIKES A GAME??
It's just people moved on from hating the game, and are probably hating the next game. Doesn't mean "they" suddenly changed their opinion because /v/ isn't one fucking person. If things normalize you'll see people coming into threads shitting on ff13 for example.
>>
>>386837187

MGS4, V at least feel like polished professional games. They were total messes though. But MN9 feels like some unfinished student project.
>>
>>386837147
Goddamn I hate people who say retarded shit like this. The same people shitting on MM 16-17 YEARS ago are not the ones praising it now. Same goes for WW, TP, and so on. There is no cycle, just people with differing opinions.
>>
>>386837241
The shilling doesn't happen as much as you'd think. I mean yeah it's happened but /v/ tends to catch some of em by yelling 'SHILL!!1!!11' at every thread.

>>386837346
Yeah, I believe I made poor wordings earlier. I didn't try to imply /v/ was only one individual, but I was trying to point the hive-mind instead, but again, now that I look back at my own posts, I could have made a better job at presenting that point.

I'm also glad people move on from hating games. I still wonder if the hate for things like DmC or even the Yaiba game someone posted a few posts above will ever stop. In my opinion there is a lot of wrong about these games, but I feel it's something only time will tell.

Probably when the next DMC game [DMC5] comes out or when a new Ninja Gaiden [4?] will be available.

Anyway, it's been fun to have some civil exchanges with you buddy, but I gotta get back to work. Godspeed friend.
>>
>>386835484
You talk like he's some homeless man wandering the streets of Japan now. You don't even know what real hardship is, if you're balling this much over a guy getting deservingly pushed out of the spotlight for fucking up this bad.
>>
File: 1492444959555.png (22KB, 466x310px) Image search: [Google]
1492444959555.png
22KB, 466x310px
>>386837552
>I'm also glad people move on from hating games.
I didn't mean they stop hating them. They just stop being vocal about it because it's not in the spotlight anymore.

>I still wonder if the hate for things like DmC or even the Yaiba game someone posted a few posts above will ever stop.
No because that hate is justified and as I said they don't stop disliking the games, they just stop being vocal about it.

Fucking damn it you stupid head why can't you grasp this simple concept.
>>
>>386837187
But all those other games you mentioned get plenty of hate here. Especially Scam Citizen lately. MN9 isn't his only fuck up, either. Red Ash is doomed.

And you can't blame it all on Inti either, since they already proved they can make a sidescroller on a reasonable budget and profit enough for sequels.
>>
>>386837165
>Next, Inti-Creates did the actual game. They're the ones who dropped the ball the most.
That just brings the questions:
>Why did Inafune hire them in first place when they clearly weren't experienced with Unreal
>Why didn't Inafune go for a 2D game instead of 2.5D since that's what Inti Creates does best and what most people wanted from MN9
>Why didn't Inafune fire Inti Creates and got other developers like Iga did
>>
>>386837552
>
I'm also glad people move on from hating games. I still wonder if the hate for things like DmC or even the Yaiba game someone posted a few posts above will ever stop. In my opinion there is a lot of wrong about these games, but I feel it's something only time will tell.

Yaiba was fucking garbage. It's basically the Raccoon City of the NG franchise. The combat was not good at all. I completely forgot that Inafune is the reason why that bullshit exists. It nearly killed the NG franchise considering that it was actually worse than NG3. NG3 had very button mashy combat and boring arena stage level designs. What I always liked about the first two NG games was how quick most of the battles are because you can instantly kill everyone by chopping their heads off. In NG3, you can't chop limbs off at all until the enemy is almost dead. Nioh is sort of the same way, it actually has a lot of the same issues that NG3 has but Nioh's advantage is that it's an Rpg so you can just break the game into your advantage depending on your build whereas in NG3 you're stuck playing as a ninja who can't do as much damage as a Nioh Kaido Axe user.
>>
>>386837752
Becouse he comes to a place to check target audiences were everyone could be anyone. The only thing you can take as fact about anyone posting on here is just that.
>>
>>386833312
Try six years ago when he failed me for the last time
>>
>>386833312
J U S T
>>
>>386837187
His "bad games" are still good in many ways. They just disappoint in many ways too.

>Inafune makes 1 bad game
More like THE bad game.

>do you see star citizen and YookaLaylee getting the same treatment?
I do see that, but even then they are still miles ahead of MN9 in accomplishment.
>>
>>386837948
>>Why did Inafune hire them in first place when they clearly weren't experienced with Unreal

Good question, and it can go either way. Perhaps Inti suggested Unreal and wildly over-estimated their abilities. Perhaps Ben Judd or Comcept forced it on them. There needs to be an insider tell-all book or articles about the game.

>Why didn't Inafune go for a 2D game instead of 2.5D since that's what Inti Creates does best and what most people wanted from MN9

Inti has done handheld 3D games before, such as:

>Great Battle Fullblast (2012, PlayStation Portable)
>Gon: Baku Baku Baku Baku Adventure (2012, Nintendo 3DS)

Koji Igarashi explained why he went with 3D for Bloodstained: The need to make the game HD. The need to run the game on various platforms with different resolutions. The difficulty of HD 2D, and hte lack 2D artists.

>Why didn't Inafune fire Inti Creates and got other developers like Iga did

Another good question. Maybe he didn't have the money? Maybe Inti said they would fix everything and then didn't? Given the notability of the project and Inafune, I think it might have been possible to get additional funding from a Publisher to rework the game and fix issues.
>>
>>386838037
> everyone could be anyone

He's still wrong about what I said. People still dislike those games and are vocal about it when threads pop up, they don't stop.
>>
File: CHWr5ABUwAIECOt[1].jpg (48KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
CHWr5ABUwAIECOt[1].jpg
48KB, 600x440px
Iga's next.
>>
>>386835071
ARMCHAIR
R
M
C
H
A
I
R
>>
>>386835071
You sound like you're a very pleasant person who makes things that appeal to people.
>>
File: Inafune japanse games dead.jpg (373KB, 1324x954px) Image search: [Google]
Inafune japanse games dead.jpg
373KB, 1324x954px
>>
>>386836653
>everybody loves FF13
Kill yourself.
>>
>>386835583
But he was Capcom's "no" man. I've read a lot of interviews concerning Ace Attorney, and Inafune is mentioned by the current producer of Ace Attorney as cool senpai producer. He's great at his job as marketer, he perfectly managed to hype up people for his game. It's just that he suddenly switched from AAA dev team to indie dev team and didn't even consider their capabilities.
>>
File: his smile and optimism gone.jpg (587KB, 2206x953px) Image search: [Google]
his smile and optimism gone.jpg
587KB, 2206x953px
>>
File: lets kiss.jpg (480KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
lets kiss.jpg
480KB, 960x540px
Mmm-hmmhmmhmmhmmmmm!
>>
File: ben judd.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ben judd.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>386841247

Him and judd are fucking. That's my theory.
>>
>>386836720
Didn't everyone do a little bit of everything in older times? Chris Metzen was just an artist at first. Then he started working on documentation for Warcraft, designed missions for Warcraft II, pretty much created Diablo's lore, became StarCraft's lead designer and was the one behind the story. Metzen also was voice acting in pretty much all of their games since he was hired. He ended up being Vice President. Holys hit, he seriously was this good? I didn't even know he was such a big deal for Diablo and StarCraft. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>386841531

Not Inafune-san. He just drew shit or did in-game art. Nihonese promote people based on seniority. It's like Peter Principle in action.
>>
>>386836201
>>386836408
Nier is a good example of this.
Niche series, decent threads, little shitposting.
Automata happens, goes semi-mainstream, shitposting all day every day causing a scar on Nier threads that will never disappear.
>>
>>386836720
Because the Japanese Industry works differently and pretty much everyone knows and learns a little of everything even if they have a clearly defined role.
>>
>>386833312
in this kind of industry, you are only as good as the last game you made
>>
>>386835071
Jason, stop shitposting on 4chan and get back to work and make me some coffee!!!
>>
>>386836994
>I'm not even actually defending the guy.
Yes you are
>>
>>386837187
>I agree he fucked up the kickstarter but do you see star citizen and YookaLaylee getting the same treatment?
Yes

MGSV and 4 might be bad in your opinion but they were nowhere near the fuckups that MN9, Red Ash and Recore were. Also Kojima's projects weren't crowdfunded.
>>
>>386835071
kill yourself
>>
>>386835071
Now this is actually bait with effort put into it. Well done. Got all those (You)s too including this one.
>>
>>386833312
>took money for game project
>puts most of the budget into extracurricular shit
>tries to get extra funding for a character campaign that was already completed, in the final game despite funding fail, revealing the scam
>jumps to MULTIPLE Kickstarters for a spinoff MML-like (including funding an anime minute-by-minute) while the original product is launguishing and the PR is nightmarish
>both KS look about to fail and he secures Chinese funding to make them 'succeed,' asks for stretch goal money instead, and gets dick
>MN9 launches on only some of the promised platforms, derided for lack of polish and ugliness
>only some of the backer rewards have materialized, portable versions of the game have yet to appear, the spinoff anime came and went, and the game itself is vaporware
>all this in addition to bleeding Marvelous for years on a project that never crystallized into anything more than a concept video

The reputational damage was self-inflicted.
>>
I'm a game dev myself, you guys have no idea how absurdly sadistic you guys are being on the guy. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve backlash, because he does. He absolutely does, but outside of your little comfy 4Chin image boards, you guys have no comcept [hah, get it?] of what it's like to work in the field, and this board is full of people who pretend to be extra knowledgeable about this kind of stuff.

Inb4 some fatass-know-it-all says NO UR NOT GAEMZ DEVELUPPERZ FCK U.

Yes, I am. Game devs browse this board believe it or not. We can't say for which company or which games we worked on cause we could get in trouble if we're identified, but yes, we actually do browse this board.
>>
he deserves the hate for hiring SJWs
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.