[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Informer went to Game Freak's HQ recently and interviewed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0194.jpg (285KB, 1525x1525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0194.jpg
285KB, 1525x1525px
Game Informer went to Game Freak's HQ recently and interviewed the developers, they managed to get some interesting info about the company, the Pokémon franchise and their relationship with Nintendo. Here are some of the things I didn't know, maybe you did, but I didn't:

- Iwata was a super programmer, a true coding genius, according to the developers that worked on the early titles, but, as far as they remember, he only helped with the localization process of Gold and Silver to America, contrary to the urban legend that says he himself coded the second area of GS into the game. Apparently, the japanese version had already been completed when he started to help with Gold and Silver.
- One of the main producers of Ruby and Sapphire was sure the game would fail back then, he thought no one cared about the franchise anymore and even had a nightmare the night before release regarding the failure of RS
- They said they have a good relationship with Nintendo but that Nintendo has no influence upon their work
- One of the interviewers asked "technically, could a Pokémon title be released on the PS4/Xbox One/PC, considering the way the IP ownership is split?" and one of the producers said "Yes, we could launch a Pokémon title there, but Nintendo are good friends"
- The developers said the old creature designs had more angular eyes, as opposed to the more circular eyes of today, due to hardware limitations of the Gameboy
- They said they pretty much take exactly 3 years to develop Pokémon games now and that they just started hiring more people to help with Pokémon for the Switch, which leads to speculation that the game won't be out until at least 2019/2020
- they also reiterated that they don't release Pokémon titles early in a console's life cycle, because they want to wait until more people own the current console

Thoughts, /v/?
>>
I'm thinking why do we even have /vp/ board?
>>
>>386831409

Is Pokémon not a videogame franchise?
>>
>>386831315
>eyes because of limitation

I don't believe them, it was clearly sugimoris artstyle back then. Just make a game with more of that artstyle sugi!
>>
>>386831315
>contrary to the urban legend that says he himself coded the second area of GS into the game
interviewer fucked up, nobody said he coded it, he was the one that figured out how to compress it so they could fit it on the cart
>>
>>386831497
wrong
>>
>>386831497

But the japanese version already had the second area in the cart, didn't it? According to them, he only atarted working on GS when they decided to localize the game, after its release in Japan.
>>
>>386831315
>hardware limitations caused the eyes
stop bullshitting. If anything hardware limitation is for the circular eyes since they can't model proper brows for pokemon. It is embarrassing that Voltorb is more detailed than Lycanroc
>>
>>386831594

>interview is right there on their website
>they personally went to their studios and they said exactly that
>"stop bullshitting"

?

Were they lying to the interviewer?
>>
>>386831315
>They said they have a good relationship with Nintendo but that Nintendo has no influence upon their work
Given the absolute state of X/Y and S/M, they should have taken a bit of hell
>>
>>386831438
/vp/ is the pokemon board
>>
>>386831712

So?
>>
>>386831315
>One of the interviewers asked "technically, could a Pokémon title be released on the PS4/Xbox One/PC, considering the way the IP ownership is split?" and one of the producers said "Yes, we could launch a Pokémon title there, but Nintendo are good friends"

interesting. you don't see this kind of mutual respect between companies outside of japan very often.
>>
>>386831748
well why do we have the board in the first place if people will post pokemon stuff here? i'm not the first guy but i was thinking about this the other day, it doesn't bother me really but it just made me think
>>
>>386831409
>he doesn't remember
https://youtu.be/eULRL9oSuhM
>>
>>386831797

It's just because we were being flooded with TONS of pokémon threads every day by people who only wanted to talk about Pokémon. One or two threads in here is fine, specially because at /v/ we get people who care about the games, not the people who care about Pokémon culture in general.
>>
>>386831751
There's probably more to it than that.
>>
>>386831751
I think it's more a case of
>We could launch a Pokemon title on Xbox/PS4 but then Nintendo would stop being our friends and we would have a "traffic accident"
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.