[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>What order do I play the games? I don't get it. Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: khshv4.png (1B, 486x500px)
khshv4.png
1B, 486x500px
>What order do I play the games?

I don't get it.

Is there a single game series where the best order to play ISN'T release order?
>>
People just want to jump in where it gets good and skip all the hard work between.

It's understandable with some series.
>>
>>386823169
The best way to play MGS is 3,PW,GZ,TPP,MGS,2,4
>>
>>386823627
>videogames
>hard work
>>
>>386823169
final fantasy
>>
>>386825858
With this, you'll feel the series concludes satisfyingly, but the gameplay devolves sharply once you beat TPP.
>>
>>386823169
I honestly can't think of one. Evolution of gameplay is best experienced through release order.
>>
>>386825858
wrong wrong wrong wrong
>>
>>386826551
Name a better way.
Pro tip: you can't
>>
Release order. Every single time.
>>
>>386825858
>not including the first two games
Could you possibly be incorrect on any more levels?
>>
>>386826521
Learned that in DMC. 1 is one of the best games ever but becomes unplayable once you played 3. Then 3 becomes (a little) boring when you have experienced style switching.

Overall I prefer 3, but Im glad I played them in order. Even 2, because it feels great to have a dedicated evade button.
>>
>>386825858
you forgot metal gear 1, and metal gear 2: solid snake between TPP and MGS
and Metal Gear Rising after 4
>>
>>386826681
>Including the metal gear games in the list of Metal gear solid games
wew
>>
>>386825858
>Playing Peace Walker ever
neck urself m80
>>
>>386826805
There is literally nothing wrong with playing peace walker
>>
>>386826805
PW is a great game you dickhead
>>
>>386823169
Street fighter. 2 can be difficult to many.
Also I remember the Mario games being unique for their own and Castlevania games can be played in any order except for the direct sequels like Dawn of Sorrow
>>
ALWAYS play games in release order.
>>
Here's the true order to play these games. Coming from an actual fan who has played the entirety of the series extensively and would straight up suck Kojima's cock if he asked me to.

MGS.
MGS2.

That's it. If you're REALLY aching for more, play MGS3.

If you demand more and you feel like you really really want to see more that the series has to offer then you can open up to the last two games that matter which are:

ZOE
ZOE2
>>
>>386826965
>Not including the metal gear acid games
What a fucking pleb
>>
>>386827014
Metal Gear Acid 2 is pretty alright, but it's not entirely necessary. But maybe an honorable mention would've been nice. Let's call this an oversight on my part.
>>
>try out mgs1 in 2010 as first introduction to the series
>it's kind of good but doesn't hold up that well
>get carried away playing other games
>drop it
>play mgs3 a year later
>fucking hyped, play every shitty little game in the series twice
>>
>>386825898
Get trough a game's ending was difficult back in the day so it felt like a reward. Remakes and sequels makes games more "accesible" cutting up what made the game unique or difficult to master so you can watch the ending without any effort or HARD WORK, like thinking or spending time on it (aka playing)
>>
If there are remakes, or if gameplay significantly changes between the entries.
Imagine somebody going "Hey, I really liked Sengoku Rance, and would like to get into the series, what others should I play?" It's pretty much the only modern grand-strategy game in series, but rest of the games are good too, despite having totally different gameplay.
Shit's gonna get real messy the more of it gets translated. Or if translators decide to skip over some entries.
>>
>>386826851
No, it really is not.
And somehow, it manages to be better than MGSV anyway
>>
Since everyone is talking about Metal Gear and not what OP wanted can someone help me with this:
I played Metal Gear Solid 1, then 4, then Metal Gear.
Metal Gear was cool but horribly difficult to me. It's hard to admit but I looked for something online (that specific, invisible wall switch you had to punch to open a door) after days of doing everything I could.

So, I finished it but Im not as interested in playing Metal Gear 2: Solid snake because bullshit like that. Is it essential? I really want to play Solid 2 and 3
>>
>>386823169
KH2FM is a better game with superior gameplay, combat, bosses etc.. but mgs3 has a pretty nice story with a kewl twist.
I say play both but first mgs3 its a shorter game and a less re playable game.
>>
>>386827576
MG2 is great and still holds up today, unlike MG1 which is pretty fucking dated.

Is it essential? ... No? But, you should give it a look anyway.
>>
>>386827576
MG2 is a much easier game to play and enjoy than MG. Although it definitely remains a bit archaic in some ways.

It is, however, absolutely not essential.
>>
File: image.gif (98KB, 473x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
98KB, 473x250px
The legitimate way to play Metal Gear is

Snake Eater,
Portable Ops,
>Peace Walker,
>Ground Zeroes,
(Phantom Pain),
(The NES two),
Twin Snakes,
Sons of Liberty,
Guns of The Patriots,
>Metal Gear Rising

The ones in greentext aren't essential.
The ones in parentheses I cannot speak for because I either haven't picked them up, or I just never finished them.

Sorry if the gif won't move, I'm posting on a bastard device.
>>
>>386829560
The best way to play Metal Gear Solid is pretend 4, Peace Walker and V don't exist.
>>
>>386829693
4 is fine
>>
File: image.png (928KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
928KB, 600x849px
>>386829560

As I thought.

Anyways, Kingdom Hearts need not be played in any order. 0, 1, and 2 are all you need. Play CoM (GBA ver.) and 3D only if you wish to join in the hype for three.

They're more immersive if you go about them by fictional chronology. Same applies for God of War, Metroid. . and that's about it. All else is best experienced in order of release.
>>
>>386823169
>Is there a single game series where the best order to play ISN'T release order?
Nope. You always play in release order.
>>
>>386823169
if it's a really long series and you don't have 6 straight months to dedicate to it you usually want to start with a game in the series that's fun to play/will get you in on the most important zeitgeist rather than wasting time on the lesser known/less fun stuff
>>
>>386827378
Yes it really is. And being better than tpp applies to every other game in the franchise.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.