[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2m ZVOd0jWY >game has p

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2mZVOd0jWY

>game has pixel art
>it scales with dynamic camera zoom
fucking why?

>they actually have 3D models that would work with the camera zoom
>they trace around them to make pixelart instead of just using the 3D models
what the fuck are these retards doing?
>>
>>386821273
wrong fucking video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dEo5aOryoI
>>
>>386821358
It looks like your standard waifu garbage
>>
>>386821273
>>386821358
Don't worry OP, even if nobody responds to your thread, your taste in music is alright.
>>
>>386821273
70% of SNK fighters did this you underage fuck.
Even Third Strike did this and it's considered the GOAT fighter. Get fucked.
>>
This game looks like waifu garbage, can't wait to see multiple shitpost over "who's best furl xd"
>>
>>386822465
>3S uses 3D models to trace

L O L
no it's all from hand drawn works
>>
>>386821273
>it scales with dynamic camera zoom
Because they fucking have to you retard, if you move the camera back that's what happens.

>what the fuck are these retards doing?
Making a game that scales infinitely without visual degradation on a budget because they're not capable of doing the Guilty Gear Xrd method which is INCREDIBLY time consuming and expensive.

It's almost like you don't understand that a small team making a budget game had to cut corners.
>>
>>386822571
>no it's all from hand drawn works
No it isn't, Elena is literally rotoscoped.
>>
>>386822619
Pixel art games don't scale. they don't have dynamic camera zoom. you simply don't allow characters to move too far away from each other. they did it with earlier street fighter and king of fighters games. games now are widescreen so you can move even further apart than back then.

it's a small price to pay for not completely fucking all your art to the point it looks like garbage. if you want dynamic camera zoom DONT USE PIXEL ART. everyone who knows any thing about game art knows this.
>>
>>386823173
>Pixel art games don't scale. they don't have dynamic camera zoom
>they did it with earlier street fighter and king of fighters games
Make up your fucking mind you mongoloid retard.

Fact of the matter is yes, pixel art games do scale, positively in fact. And yes, pixel art games do have dynamic camera zoom. They've done it for a long time and they will continue to do it because there are game design balance reasons why you would want to do that. Feel free to keep being an idiot though, instead of just saying "I don't like this" you want to act like it's some huge crime even though they've been standard practice in the industry for decades.
>>
File: scaled pixel art.png (26KB, 574x325px) Image search: [Google]
scaled pixel art.png
26KB, 574x325px
>>386823383
a standard practice among retards who don't know what they're doing.
>>
>>386821273
Oh hey, it's Curly Brace, what the fuck?
>>
>>386824136
nicalis made the cave story remakes so they put her in their new fighter "blade strangers". I don't know why they didn't go with quote.
>>
So is the new Switch version of Cave Story any good?
I read that Nicalis's previous versions were all slower than the original or something like that.
>>
>>386822669
I totally forgot about Elena since she is so different from the rest of the cast, but she is definitely not the reason why people think 3S looks good at all.
>>
>>386824353
Ass
Ass
Titties Titties
Ass and Titties
>>
>>386824419
It's alright but you should wait until they release the update that adds co-op,alt costumes like sue,and the original graphics. Also 20 copies of the game were signed by pixel so there's that. Also the game moves faster not slower but that's not exactly a good thing.
>>
File: fuckthisshit.gif (142KB, 336x138px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisshit.gif
142KB, 336x138px
>>386822465
>3s the goat
i mean yea if youre into 2 frame jabs and a 14 frame recovery SAII hitconfirmable low forward you fucking degenerate
>>
>>386821358
can't say shit about how the details fare because lol youtube compression
looks fine but again, see above

>>386824016
KOF12 and 13's sprites are bilinearly filtered when scaled, which is always.
KOF13's camera isn't terribly dynamic unlike 12's, but even at standard zoom, the sprite is upscaled because they were drawn at about the same size as Guilty Gear's sprites. They're not drawn in HD like say, Blazblue.

>>386823383
old KOF doesn't
Art of Fighting is on hardware that literally cannot upscale, only downscale, so the sprites were drawn at high res and shrunken, which generally looks better
same with Samurai Shodown, but that uses smaller sprites, so it doesn't zoom in as close
>>
>>386821273
the switch just sucks
>>
>>386821273
wait, I thought they actually were flattened 3D models?
I swear I heard tyrone say that during e3. they're 3d models and not sprites. they're just.. flattened.
It's fucking stupid that they're shoving Umihara and Curly in there, though
>>
New fighters are always welcome. If there's a turbo mode then all the better
>>
>>386827165
>and the original graphics.
The original graphics have already been added.

On a similar note, does every physical copy of Binding of Isaac Switch come with a manual or was that only the first-run version?
>>
>visible feet
Fucking lewd.
>>
Is this the game that has Umihara Kawase in it?

I want it!
>>
>>386828260
>KOF12 and 13's sprites are bilinearly filtered when scaled, which is always.

Yeah and it completely fucked all the artists hard work and defeated the point of having pixel art. it's literally impossible to see the crisp characters as intended without using the ripped sprites with characters in mugen or something. what's more the backgrounds are actually 1.1 but about 2X the size of the characters which makes me think the art directors didn't communicate or just didn't give a shit. it would have been incredibly easy to make the backgrounds and the base resolution smaller to fit the characters and just take that shitty filter off them. one of the biggest disappointment in game art.
>>
File: process Tsubaki 4.jpg (160KB, 1464x427px) Image search: [Google]
process Tsubaki 4.jpg
160KB, 1464x427px
>>386821273
>>they trace around them to make pixelart instead of just using the 3D models
>what the fuck are these retards doing?
Considering that's what Blazblue has been doing for the last 8 years? I'd say they have the right idea but their skills are not up to snuff.
>>
File: kokonoe-blazblue9.jpg (356KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
kokonoe-blazblue9.jpg
356KB, 1280x768px
>>386832593
ah but Blazeblue doesn't try to go all 3d with the camera so the art remains crisp and clean.
>>
File: miriam.jpg (94KB, 483x775px) Image search: [Google]
miriam.jpg
94KB, 483x775px
They should add Miriam.
>>
File: hollyshit.png (1MB, 1467x740px) Image search: [Google]
hollyshit.png
1MB, 1467x740px
holy shit this is actually what the pixel art looks like up close. looks like it was auto-generated by a computer. god damn this looks bad.
>>
>>386833405
Man what a stupid design.

>>386833789
Yeah I dunno what they were thinking.
>>
File: Integer_scaling[1].png (6KB, 821x464px) Image search: [Google]
Integer_scaling[1].png
6KB, 821x464px
>>386833789
>holy shit this is actually what the pixel art looks like up close. looks like it was auto-generated by a computer. god damn this looks bad.

It's more like it's scaled by non-integer scaling. They should just be using 3D fucking models.
>>
>>386822669
I keep hearing this but I've yet to see proof other than her really uncanny animations, which could just be a case of heavy referencing like in ye olde days of disney

On topl of that rotoscoping would imply that somewhere out there is a girl who has Elena's freakish proportions
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.