[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Splatoon 2 worth picking up? I hear good things, but it looks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1500930467949.png (391KB, 485x461px) Image search: [Google]
1500930467949.png
391KB, 485x461px
Is Splatoon 2 worth picking up? I hear good things, but it looks like a carbon copy of the first game

Nintendo and anti-Nintendo shills please ignore this thread, I want genuine answers
>>
>>386801874

It is the first game with different content.

Did you like the first game? Do you want to keep playing it but with different maps and a hoard mode and much weaker specials (except Ink armor which is insanely good?) Then buy Splat2n. If not, don't. It's basically the Monster Hunter sequel to Splatoon. Same guy with different clothes on.
>>
>>386802025
Thank you, it's nice to get a genuine answer instead of generic fanboy responses.

Are they still doing the post-release free content like last time? If so I might as well wait for most of that to be out, I remember I got burnt out on the first one before comp mode was even in
>>
>>386802025
isn't that how sequels are supposed to work in general? under the hood, same mechanics and usually a similar setting and characters, but some new somewhat superficial changes.
>>
>>386802176
They're trickling some content in and datamining has led us to believe they have a lot of shit theyre working on
weve received one new weapon each week so far. not sure how long theyll keep that up.
>>
Picked it up a couple days ago. If you're looking for a deep multiplayer experience, look elsewhere. But if you can lrn2motion control, it's a great time. Especially for pick up and play sessions. Salmon run is a great addition that makes me pay attention to the time of day for once but god damn is that shit hard.
>>
>>386802176
Maps, weapons, and gear for a year. Splatfests for 2 years. Also either your memory sucks or you burnt out insane quick because ranked came out in the first game literally 3 days after it came out.
>>
>>386802363
Why is the time limited for salmon run?
>>
>>386802464
I might be thinking of Overwatch
>>
>>386802341

That's what I want in a sequel, I don't know why people bitch about it.
>>
>>386802470
Nintendo thinks time-gating content extends the lifespan of a game. I disagree, but there's not much I can do about it.
>>
>>386802470

To make sure there are enough players for it, I think. The increased the frequency once they saw it was popular.
>>
>>386802341
>>386802605
I like sequels to build on and improve the major flaws of the first game. Splatoon 2 does not, with the exception of the improved single player
>>
>>386802176

They'll probably be releasing content for more than a year. I think Splat1's last map was added like a year and a half after launch.
>>
>>386802470
Probably so you can't endlessly grind gear and xp boosts.
>>
>>386802025
Ink armor doesn't touch it's Bubbler counter part from the first game. Much easier to deal with in 2.
>>
>>386802765
I haven't tried Splat2 either yet, but didn't it completely rebalance the game? Or is that not what you had in mind?
>>
>>386802765

I dunno, I didn't really think Splat 1 had major flaws. Small flaws, but solid package overall.

Each to their own I guess.
>>
Holy shit, why is everyone so bad at rainmaker.
>>
didnt played the first one, ill be definitely playing this one for a long long time, like i did with cod 4 (the online ofc)
>>
>>386802840

Completely disagree. Bubbler didn't get applied to your whole fucking team and you can stay on the tower with ink armor.
>>
>>386804016
You're out of your mind. Ink armor is way weaker. It has start-up, lasts less time, and only tanks a hit or two, depending on the weapon power. Not to mention it reveals your location even when submerged and it will knock you off the tower if you get hit. Have you seriously never noticed the knockback?
>>
>>386802363
Why would you say it isn't a "deep multiplayer experience"?
>>
>>386804234

Bubbler also showed your location, it tanks 30 HP with no spillover AND whatever happens during a cooldown period. that should be enough, assuming you're playing with people of about the same skill level, to win any confrontation. Bubbler also had knockback + an increased hitbox.

Bubbler saves your ass your lets you make a small push. Ink armor lets your team take the point.
>>
>>386804896
It only lets you take the point if your team was alive and in neutral positions. If you have already lost the point and are trying to counter push, getting in a position where your entire team is ready and can all trade and come out victorious is not going to happen. Bubbler let you be more of a continuous annoyance and fuck with the objective for a lot longer. The cooldown period is bullshit and needs to go though.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.