[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not making your own OP class >not ganking low-level noobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: WoWScrnShot_080817_133809.jpg (704KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_080817_133809.jpg
704KB, 1920x1080px
>not making your own OP class
>not ganking low-level noobs on your faction
>not protecting low-level noobs in your guild as they level
>he isnt playing Ascension
What are you a casual?
>>
I just kinda got bored.
>>
>>386776313
You aren't selling me on this OP. ITs probably just another private server with 500 lagging BRs.
>>
I played.
I dropped.
WoW is WoW.
>>
Because talents are left unchanged, sensible builds/concepts tend to be obvious (WF/SoC/Titan's Grip/Sinister Strike sort of thing seeing as that melee talents are the only ones that synergize with each other despite them being utterly neutered, like 30% flurry -> 10%) or alternatively you play more or less as one of the regular specs, except with smaller toolkit and simpler rotation (spamming frost bolt boosted by elemental mastery and such like). Besides having bubble, stealth, lay on hands etc. like everyone else (you're hardly unique).

And of course, vanilla content doesn't survive WotLK talents never mind "best of all worlds" specs.
>>
i stopped playing because the best builds end up being very close to regular wow builds.

>best mage build is just frost mage
>best healer build is just priest with some paladin shit on top
>best tank is bear druid with toughness talents from all tank trees

zzzZZzzzz. Also, the GMs of that server nerfed all the fun shit already. So what's the point?
>>
File: 1490998258011.jpg (99KB, 772x774px) Image search: [Google]
1490998258011.jpg
99KB, 772x774px
>>386780292
Its almost as if Blizzard balanced class skills around each other.

Hmmm.
>>
>>386780890
well yea, but the whole point of the server was to allow broken shit. And the GMs nerfed said broken shit.

thats why i quit
>>
>>386780292
So its an interesting concept but falls flat since everyone specs the same thing end game?
>>
>>386782439
yep.
>>
>>386780985
Well, without "broken shit" being nerfed, there'd be absolutely no reason to play anything but WF/SoC/Titan's Grip/Stormstrike/Sinister Strike melee character because only melee talents synergize if taken from various trees (besides maybe prot pally/prot warrior hybrid). Unchanged talents don't allow any other synergies (besides minor stuff like dreamstate and enhancement crit talent buffing your one nuke, and many of the talents literally do nothing because you don't get the core talents of the spec at level 60 or they really need glyphs to work (say, conflagrate is rather weak without the glyph that causes immolate not to be consumed).

The custom talent UI and such like are well-implemented but you really need to change the talents more than nerfing the only synergetic talents that are there (for example, Maelstrom weapon allowing you to use spells other than shaman ones, which right now would be an awful playstyle anyway because you flurry and ap->sp conversion talents are neutered) and do something to prevent everyone and their mother from running ice block/bubble/vanish sort of abilities (such as having categories of abilities with first one being cheap but subsequent ones increasingly more expensive).
>>
>>386776313
If you want a freeform build system like that you have to build it from the ground up, like Path of Exile.

WoW is a shit starting point because each class was designed to synergize with it's own shit the best.
>>
I made a character because the system looked really cool. I liked the idea of playing a arms warrior/shaman with a hunter pet but from the people I talked to it seems like there's a few top builds and going anything else is just gimping yourself in the long run, and that kills any kind of excitement the server has for me. It's a very neat idea and sounds fun but you just can't stop all players from wanting the best possible build and inevitably everybody goes the same thing to stay competitive. This kind of system needs much much more balance if it wants to retain the "choose anything you want" feeling.

also >>386776313
>OP class
if everybody is rolling OP classes, how is yours OP?
>>
>>386776313
Is this the shitty server where you drop gear on death? I have steered away from a game more quickly.
>>
>>386783203
I understand there's two servers, one with 3x experience and item loss and another without
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.