[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you get headshots with the assault rifle in Deus Ex? Enemies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

Can you get headshots with the assault rifle in Deus Ex? Enemies will die in one headshot from a pistol but it seems like the rifle doesn't get headshot damage bonus.
>>
File: 423-sad-computer[1].jpg (16KB, 222x251px) Image search: [Google]
423-sad-computer[1].jpg
16KB, 222x251px
help me pls
>>
The assault rifle does 3 damage per bullet, that's why.
>>
>>386759595
That's strange, usually rifles would do more damage. Should I just stick with the pistol or use the shotgun?
>>
>>386759818
Jesus Christ, do you want us to just play the game for you? Fuck off, kid.
>>
File: 1.png (10KB, 745x637px)
1.png
10KB, 745x637px
>>386759915
I've been playing for a while but the game kind of screwed me over by making the rifle weaker than the pistol. Just wanted to know if it'll be the same thing with the shotgun so I don't waste time with that too.
>>
>>386759818
It's because it fires five bullets in the space of a second.
One bullet to the head from an assault rifle = low damage because fast firing rate
One bullet to the head from a pistol = high damage because slow firing rate

Assault rifles aren't useful for stealth kills since the recoil is too bad so you can't constantly get headshots in bursts.

Use whatever fucking weapon you want. It's Deus EX.

>>386760091
You don't know how to read the inventory stats. The game didn't fuck you over. You didn't read.

Just get a sniper rifle. Both shotguns are good. But Deus Ex isn't a good FPS unless you build your JC Denton around it. And even then, it's bad.
>>
>>386759818
stick with the prod
>>
>>386759818
Stick with the prod.
>>
>>386760091
The shotguns have an amazing hidden property of the pellet spread working much like regular shot spread, getting 100% accuracy through mods and skills means shooting magic death lasers. Also the assault rifle can fire 20mm grenades, which does redeem it somewhat at the very late stages of the game.
>>
>>386760514
>regular shot spread
Meant "regular bullet spread"
>>
File: IMG_3154.jpg (49KB, 363x651px)
IMG_3154.jpg
49KB, 363x651px
>>386760361
>>386760434
Prod with the prod.
>>
>>386760091

It's hard to fuck yourself over in this game. You can avoid pretty much every fight should you screw yourself over.
As long as you either max pistols or rifles, you're fine. Avoid heavy weapons, they're fucking shit apart from GEP gun. Especially the plasma rifle is a fucking joke. I just played a pistol/heavy run and in the end I didn't even bother to use plasma rifle anymore because the hard enemies absorb the bullets and three headshots from a stealth pistol is enough to kill Walton fucking Simmons.
>>
>>386760361
>>386760434

And the baton.

I beat the entire game stealth and nonlethal my first time through and I never found the fucking baton. Totally missed it. Fuck me that was tough. Never had enough prod ammo to go around.
>>
>>386758978
You can headshot them if your rifle stats are good enough. BUT Deus Ex's gunplay mechanics are meant to be terrible on purpose until you max them so the game encourages you to try different styles
>>
>>386760607
but just in case
we're police
>>
>>386760179
>One bullet to the head from an assault rifle = low damage because fast firing rate
>One bullet to the head from a pistol = high damage because slow firing rate
That seems counterintuitive but I'd be okay with it if it didn't seem like they don't even take headshot damage from the rifle.

>You don't know how to read the inventory stats. The game didn't fuck you over. You didn't read.
Alex tells you that a headshot is a lethal takedown and the inventory stats don't say anything about headshot damage.

>>386760514
Didn't know that about the shotgun, thanks
>>
>>386760179
>But Deus Ex isn't a good FPS unless you build your JC Denton around it. And even then, it's bad.
It's perfectly possible to shoot your way through every level. The pistol, GEP gun, and shiper rifle themselves are enough to tackle most of the game
>>
File: 1373768031221.jpg (75KB, 712x675px)
1373768031221.jpg
75KB, 712x675px
>>386760616
>Avoid heavy weapons, they're fucking shit apart from GEP gun.
>this clown doesn't know the joy of roasting an entire platoon of MJ12 troopers with a flamethrower.

Plasma Rifle is pretty garbage, I'll give you that, though.
>>
>>386758978
Are pistols viable in late game? I never played Deus Ex
>>
>>386760616
The LAW is amazing though and you should always grab one whenever possible. It's an unwieldy inventory space hog that's very prone to pasting you all over the walls with the ridiculous blast radius, but being able to oneshot any given target and everything else even remotely nearby is worth it.
>>
>>386760982
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5b/69/97/5b69972bc38c22f460175787239511bf.jpg

See here. IT shows the damage.
Take damage from the rifle. They just don't take constant headshot damage because of recoil. Control the recoil.

>>386761039
I said it isn't a good FPS. Enemies just stand in the open shooting at you. The exception being MJ12 commandos who like to run around firing rockets.
Bots, humans, whatever just stand in the open and shoot at you.
>>
>>386761156
yes. The standard pistol is pretty strong. Almost as powerful as the sniper rifle.
The mini crossbow does the same damage as the pistol with normal darts, but its main draw is tranq darts.
Stealth pistol sucks. The single-use plasma pistol isn't good either.
>>
>>386761352
>Stealth pistol sucks
my last run ended pretty quickly do to this.
>>
File: pritch.jpg (18KB, 249x312px)
pritch.jpg
18KB, 249x312px
>>386760692
WELL IF IT ISN'T MAHATMA GANDHI HIMSELF
>>
>>386761156
Yes.
Ironically the stealth pistol is probably better for combat since it has a faster firing rate.
>>
File: 1482947888031.jpg (20KB, 243x322px)
1482947888031.jpg
20KB, 243x322px
>>386760607
I like to pick my nose.
>>
File: 1501841492904.jpg (120KB, 1080x640px)
1501841492904.jpg
120KB, 1080x640px
any more games with this multi-approach design and rich dialogue? already played most other cyberpunk stuff and the infamous VTMB
>>
>boot up this game 5-6 times
>explore all the docks, get hype
>move into first area
>takes 5+ shots of me clicking on heads to get someone
>none of the stealth weapons I have seem to work
>everyone always sees bodies
>try sneaking around without combat
>run out of ammo trying to just combat
>run out of ammo trying to stealth
>give up
I never realized how shit I must have gotten at games over the years. This is still the #1 game I can't ever seem to get past the 1st level on.
>>
>>386762149
>23 years old
Really
>>
>>386762712
Early on the game is purposely difficult. You're supposed to rely on sneak.
There's a baton (not the prod) on a dead UNATCO member just as you move from the pier to the park area. Hit targets between the shoulder blades (stand for this). Your crouch speed is slightly faster than most NPCs walking so you can easily do it. Quicksave/quickload until you get the timing adn position right.

You don't actually need to knock out everyone. It's usually better to avoid them completely.
>>
>>386764007
Thanks for not just shitposting me. I really do want to try enjoying the game.
I'll give that a try. Or twitch it or something so you can insult me.
>>
>>386759818
PROD

WITH

THE

PROD

but seriously this game lost a lot of charm for me when I didn't prod
>>
>>386764585
the combat music, although good, popping up suddenly is always annoying
>>
>>386764380
Really, outside of one or two places, you can mostly get through undetected. The easiest way is to just observe the paths of the AI and hide behind stuff.

And don't try shooting until you wait for a while (a few seconds)so the box around the cursor gets smaller so you have less chance of missing.

I mean the quickest way I'd go for pure stealth in the first area is: up the ramp on the docks, straight forward, ignore the entrance to the statue, keep going and follow around until you get to the giant stack of crates and just climb up.

You can easily avoid everything. Exception I think being the two guys near the top of the statue when you enter it properly. I've done it before but it takes a bit of luck
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlJAI62gFYU
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.