[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the second time a 360 controller for my PC shits on me,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

This is the second time a 360 controller for my PC shits on me, so I decided to stay to the fuck away from this crap.

Is Dualshock 4 a good replacement? Or should I just go for the cheaper Dualshock 3.
>>
>>386753493
Go for the steam controller i really like the touch pads :-))
>>
>>386753610
t. steam shill
>>
>>386753610
Fuck no, that controller looks like ass.
>>
>>386753610
this tbqh.
>>
>>386753493
Xbox One controller
>>
>>386753493
Steam controller buddy. Durable and comfy as fuck and modable out the ass.
>>
>>386753770
>Fuck no, that controller looks like ass.
I've never understood this complaint. Do people spend that much time looking at their controller?
>>
File: 454224-wii-u-pro-controller.jpg (8KB, 350x254px) Image search: [Google]
454224-wii-u-pro-controller.jpg
8KB, 350x254px
WII U PRO CONTROLLER IS ALL YOU NEED BRO

Steam controller is great too, don't trust your gut instinct or the reviewers that spent two hours tops with it
>>
Something Bluetooth that isn't sony
>>
>>386753493
Unironically use a GameCube controller
That, or get a hori gamepad classic controller, the one that looks like a game cube controller, use WiinUsoft and the Toshiba Bluetooth stack
It converts it to perfect xinput
>>
>>386754357
Yes those are the same ppl that buy muh epic game pc with leds everywhere or sime expensive alienware just because it looks cool
>>
>>386754357
But the shape is weird and the placement of the buttons is moronic. Try again valveshill.

>>386754362
I have that, is there a way to make it behave like a 360 controller so it just werks without messing around much?
>>
>>386753493
The Xbone controller is way sturdier than the 360 controller and doesn't have the retarded dualshock layout.
>>
>>386754537
>is there a way to make it behave like a 360 controller so it just werks without messing around much?
All of the day bro
https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Wireless-Wii-Controller-Adapter/dp/B00E6553PW
This thing has treated me very well
>>
>>386753493
How do you even break them? Take care of your shit, boy
>>
>>386754568
This. The only reason I had to go back to 360 is because the mini-USB started to crap out and it wasn't the Bluetooth version so I couldn't use it wirelessly.
I really miss using that controller :(
>>
>>386753493
DS4 is pretty much an upgrade. Just get DS4Windows and it works like an x360 controller + mouse control on the touch pad
>>
I'd go with the x-bone controller or the steam controller. When it comes to controllers you wanna stick with the people that have the most pull. Sony should be your third choice then whatever else is on the market for fourth.
>>
Steam controller is fine if you aren't playing fighting games. Otherwise it's worked as a perfect 360 replacement for me.
>>
>>386754537
>But the shape is weird and the placement of the buttons is moronic.
I'm telling you it's the kind of thing you need more than an hour to like. After that it's mega comfy playing RTSs and turn based strategy in the comfiest couch position ever. Also everything else except for fighters is better on this thing
>Try again valveshill.
Boy I wish I was getting paid for this.
>>
>>386754823
The mini-usb cable they give with controller definitely is just straight up garbage, broke for me too but I had an extra cable laying around so I can still use it.
>>
Got a DS4, best console purchase of my life.
>>
>>386755102
I thought it was the cable at first but something was wrong with the port on the controller. I got a new cable but still, if I didn't hold it "just" right it'd disconnect.
>>
>>386753493
In my experience my ds4 on bluetooth is way more reliable than my xbone controller + dongle (both are 100% when wired). Steam has native ds4 support, and if you don't use steam ds4windows works really well, quicker to setup than x360ce
>>
>>386754823
Yeah, just laying the controller on a table while plugged in caused the port the get bent and come unplugged. Bad design
>>
File: 1500281897483.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1500281897483.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
>People un-ironically recommending steam controller.

eyy
>>
>>386753493
Problem with playstation controllers is you will have to use an extra application to get them to work. I just bought a bluetooth dongle and a Xbox One controller, it's been working fine so far, and the d pad is much better.
>>
All controllers break eventually you moron.
>>
>>386753493
>have a stupidly old 360 controller for pc
>never really took good care of it
>the cable still works perfectly
>the analog sticks are the same as when new in terms of function
>replaced the sticks a year or so ago and got some covers
>actually take it to vacation house everytime i go on vacation

maybe you're just shit at not breaking stuff, OP
>>
>>386755568
Why would you use bluetooth for an Xbox one controller. Just plug it in.
>>
>>386755560
Yeah, Its a good controller.
>>
>>386755732
wireless for PC is a meme anyway
>>
>>386754357
You might be daft for real, but what he is saying is "that controller looks like it would not be very good/unpleasant"
>>
>>386755705
is it easy to replace the sticks by yourself?
I got one that's rubber is all worn down and the right stick no longer stays centered.
>>
>>386754652
>paying money for input lag
>>
>>386755560
It's a good controller worth recommending

>>386755870
Maybe that's what he means. He's wrong though, it's pretty comfy and nice to use
>>
Dualshock 3's are disgusting, stay far away. Dualshock 4 is fine.
>>
What tempts me about the steam pad is, I hate mechanical analog sticks and I've not bothered to see what pads besides the steam pad do away with that barbaric tech.
>>
>>386756096
>50% chance the input is processed on the same frame you pressed it
>~80% chance it gets processed on the following frame

I'll be fine but thanks for the concern man
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.