[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If this game fails with critics and audiences, can we all finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

If this game fails with critics and audiences, can we all finally admit that Kojima is not all that?
>>
That's what I'm waiting for. I don't want to write him off because of MGSV due to the weird circumstances around it, and I think he was at one point genuinely great, but I'm done with him if DS is another MGSV.
>>
>>386748874
Only if it gets under 75 on metacritic on both community.
>>
>>386749237
and critics*
>>
>>386748874
this could be the best open world game ever made or just a slightly better MGSV.

kojima has a nice record of getting better and better at the gameplay aspect of his games, not minding the stupid stories of course :^)
>>
>>386748874
The best part of this game was that trailer lmao.

The rest of it looks like regurgitated japshit.

"URghhhhh watashi, my hair is spiky and i hav a gun and <insert shitty evil corporaiton plot #20103>."
>>
people will find some way to blame Konam
i
>>
>>386749237
If it doesn't get at least an 85 I'd consider it a failure. Expectations are too high for him with no corporate overlord to blame.
>>
>>386749746
Nah because the game could be amazing and critics would still give it a 5/10.

For example if there was a part that was too hard for the critics to figure out they would just give it 1/10.
>>
File: 1489478137383.jpg (39KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
1489478137383.jpg
39KB, 374x374px
>>386749714
>my hair is spiky and i hav a gun and <insert shitty evil corporaiton plot #20103>
Have I missed something?
>>
>>386749859
>Nah because the game could be amazing and critics would still give it a 5/10.
TPP was an unfinished fucking mess and got droves of perfect scores. Critics don't like angering fanboys. If it doesn't get at least an 85 then I really have doubts about it.
>>
It will not fail, but it will not be that different from his metal gear games, that's for sure.
>>
>>386749980
TPP was definetly unfinished but it was still 100 hours of content with pristine gameplay mechanics and tech.
TPP may have had fuck all narrative+story but you can't disagree that the gameplay was fucking amazing for at least the first 50-60 hours.
>>
Impossible for this game to get anything below a 90, that's not an opinion.

Next to Miyamoto, Kojima is the most known person in the gaming industry. He also knows how to manipulate people well with trailers. With Sony backing the game, even if it was bad, they could just pay the reviewers.

Unless they somehow pump out a new Zelda in 2 years, you're literally looking at GOTY 2019. The fact that Norman Reedus is in it already guarantees half the reviewers to give it 10/10s

METAL GEAR 4 GOT 10/10s DUDE
>>
>>386750934
Yeah too bad there was no fucking direction for those sweet mechanics. Which is ironic considering how much of a boner Kojima has for directing.
>>
>>386751345
>METAL GEAR 4 GOT 10/10s DUDE
Gameplay was near perfect. Sure the story and plot was a giant shitfest patch work of the previous 3 games combined with very sappy new plot points, but it was still overall an enjoyable game.
Almost /v/ MGS fans are fucking disingenuous as fuck.
>>
>>386751534
Almost all*
>>
>>386751534
>MGS4
>gameplay
>>
>>386751391
I agree, but honestly the most fun I had in that game was just running around the map doing the randomly spawning quests. Save this guy, eliminate this guy, blow this up, get rid of these armor/heli's. Just using all those different mechanics to fuck with the game, sneak around, or be a complete unstoppable badass. It was pretty fun.
>>
>>386751682
>>386751534
Why wasn't the whole game like act 1, what a shitshow
>>
>>386751682
>>386751947
Gameplay was great in all acts if you played on european extreme or big boss extreme or whatever that hardest difficulty was.
>>
>>386751682
Anon, the cinema's were long yes, and it kind of ruined most of the second, and third act. But the rest of the game has amazing gameplay.

I remember how Kojima was so adamant that there would be no more Metal Gears, that when this was over I was just so sad that there would be no more of that amazing gameplay. Sneaking around, choking bitches out, using the massive supply of weapons and gadgets to dominate the battlefields. It was sad as hell... then they made the portable games, and finally TPP. Which was unfinished as fuuuuck, but damn, even better game to play.
>>
>>386751534
I feel like, ironically, MGS4's biggest issue was the direction. Gameplay really was damn good, but Kojima's obsession with his stupidly long cinema's and cutting up the gameplay just constantly. Fucker really seemed to forget for a while that it WAS a video game and not a movie. He seemed to go out of his way to give you those first two fun missions then fuck the rest up. Or make it into obnoxious teases of what could have been. The short but incredibly fun run in REX? Holy fuck that was fun! I loved that damn bossfight! Honestly all the boss's in 4 were pretty damn good... I still don't understand where there aren't any in TPP.
>>
>>386752523
Because Kojima is the Lucas of the video game industry, he got lucky with the first 3 MGS titles, all the rest had baffling direction, whether in the gameplay or cinematic area.
>>
There's so much to take in of the milieu of games right now, trying to make a prediction about critics' opinions is stupid and overassumptious.

Right now everyone is pushing western games and western studios. People silently sort of demand that japanese developers take pause and change a lot of the stylistic trappings their games have if they want a less niche audience overseas.

Some developers like the megaman guy have outright said jp games have gotten worse; other directors like Kojima reach out to big names and actors, and that's a method that hasn't exactly failed either. Square still has a contract with Disney which is actually weird to consider because everyone outside of japan hates them right now.

No one would ever care if you think a western or eastern game is a better comparatively, and neither would game critics, basically ever, but what you have with Death Stranding is an attempt from a Japanese director with a big history attempting to extend a very American message to customers globally. It's something new and strange, and critics will take it all into account before reviewing it.
>>
>>386752523
I think it is safe to assume that Kojima just didn't want to make any more MGS games and he did everything he could to make a game he wanted to make AND make it MGS at the same time.
TPP was obviously compromised. The guy was removed from his vice prez seat and instantly the release date was announced.
I feel like Kojima spend a lot of time researching and a lot of resources on P.T. and Death Stranding instead of MGSV (same budget) which is why Konami fired him so hard.
I honestly think that one theory about Kojima going rogue to prove to the Konami higher ups that a more creative game (like P.T.) is real. Everything makes sense if that is the case.
>>
>>386753187
> prove to the Konami higher ups that a more creative game (like P.T.) is real.
I mean that a more creative game (like P.T.) is profitable and desired by customers.
>>
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/kojima-productions-ludens-prime-1-studio-9029321/

(´・ω・`)
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.