[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else hoping for at least some more Metal Gear PMC simulator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

Anyone else hoping for at least some more Metal Gear PMC simulator games on the Fox Engine from Konami?

With Kojima gone there's little point in trying to continue the story, which he clearly thought as well. IMO MGSV's biggest problem isn't the plot but rather that the game feels very barebones and unfinished on the gameplay side. Empty open worlds, lack of bosses, nothing to do at Motherbase etc etc. It has tons of content but a lot of it feels like padding.

I would be perfectly fine with the next MGS just having you play a giant PMC VR mission kind of like Raiden. Just building on MGSV with more maps, bosses, activities etc.
>>
>>386747319
>>386748319
I am but part of me really doesn't want to invest too much hype into it like last time.
>>
I would say it's the other way around. The gameplay is fine, for the most part. The things you mention are true, empty open worlds, lack of bosses, long helicopter rides. But the thing that's really bad is the plot.
But then, that was always a problem. Like, why did The Pain choose a water stage for his boss battle, literally the worst possible place for him to fight?
Yeah a PMC or VR simulator would be cool.
>>
>>386749915
Having it all be VR allows them to take fun liberties and also possibly some fun story shenangians.

West World Metal Gear when?
>>
>>386747319
I just hope Konami make more games with the Fox Engine. It will be a fucking shame if a good engine is wasted in shit or never used again.
>>
>>386749915
Vocal Cord Parasites not withstanding, MGSV's plot being bad is pretty much a direct result of the gameplay lacking variety.

The plot somehow always has to tie itself to Afghanistan or Africa in some way, the lack of stuff like bosses also means the plot has a poor sense of progression and that it's getting nowhere.
>>
>With Kojima gone there's little point in trying to continue the story

Yeah with someone else in charge they might come up with a coherent story. It just wouldn't feel right
>>
>>386747319
>>386751651
Did you miss MGSV Survive?
>>
>>386752085
I think anyone even remembers that its still a thing bro.
>>
>>386752085
if it keeps the engine to improve, it will be a sacrifice to get shit games for a while but worth it.
>>
>>386752085

Yeah but he meant a game that wasn't a retarded survival crafting zombie turd.
>>
MGO maps in singleplayer with 2 to 3 side op objectives. There I just saved mgsv
>>
>>386747319
>the next MGS
Let it go, my son...
>>
>>386753537
Hey, Konami just released a pretty solid Castlevania show; and they're no doubt gonna comtinue making Metal Gear.

I'm not hopeful for Metal Gear Survive, but I'm definitively curious to see how things will progress post-Kojima.
>>
>>386747319
Fuck no, MGSV was terrible, as expected from MGS.
>>
>>386754063
>It's another elitist Thief/Chaos Theory fag episode.

Really getting tired of these reruns.
>>
>>386747319
>the game feels very barebones and unfinished on the gameplay side

nah
>>
>>386751979
Nanomachines, son
>>
File: 1500569948234.jpg (266KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500569948234.jpg
266KB, 1500x500px
>>386754543
every game
>>
File: 1468679303411.jpg (28KB, 404x267px) Image search: [Google]
1468679303411.jpg
28KB, 404x267px
>>386749915
>Like, why did The Pain choose a water stage for his boss battle, literally the worst possible place for him to fight?
I never even thought about that
>>
File: 1393440836538.png (121KB, 300x359px) Image search: [Google]
1393440836538.png
121KB, 300x359px
>>386753827
>Hey, Konami just released a pretty solid Castlevania show
And they released a Castlevania Lords of Shadow pachislot machine.
https://www.konami.com/amusement/psm/slot/dracula_los/
>tfw Konami is burning everything Kojima ever touched
>>
>>386755194
Companies have been releasing pachislots since forever.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.