[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What crime did he commit? What was his true name? Was the transcendent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

File: Download.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
What crime did he commit?
What was his true name?
Was the transcendent one supposed to come across as petty as he did?

Is the """"""new"""""" Torment worth playing? Tides that is
>>
> What crime did he commit?

Some meme crime probably. Considering he murdered, stole, cheated and lied to countless others over centuries and "that was just a drop in a bucket lol". Definitely the worst part of a strong story.

> What was his true name?

Wilburforce, he pretended not to remember it.

> Was the transcendent one supposed to come across as petty as he did?

Nah, he was probably intended to come across as threatening, the entire last third was a wash though.
>>
>>386747209
>some meme crime
It's just hard to imagine anything beyond genocide of some sort which begs the question why the fuck Morte would trick him into doing it in the first place
If it was just a couple deaths, then the first incarnation wouldn't want to erase their memory the instant he remembered

>Wilburforce
How so?
>>
>>386746945
He poisoned a well, then waited at the tavern while everyone else grew sicker and died. The people of the town originally hired him to destroy some (will connected) despot. Morte had been the one to suggest the poison, since it would be easier than taking the keep where the problematic individual was holed up. The nameless one had reasoned that the town's people were getting their water from the stream (he was wrong). He turned himself in, and they were understandably harsh in their punishment.
>>
>>386748452
wat
>>
All I'm getting from this thread is that no one actually understood the plot of this game.
>>
>>386748452
While it sounds plausible, I doubt such an accident would cause this much regret in tno
>>386748638
Well, share your knowledge
>>
It doesn't matter what he did, just that he did it.
>>
File: Trias.png (224KB, 272x441px) Image search: [Google]
Trias.png
224KB, 272x441px
What was this faggots problem?
>>
>>386748683
He watched little kids die in horrible pain because of his actions, he regrets that, but plays like he's too thick skinned to give a fuck.
>>
>>386748745
That makes no sense, you don't get sentenced to eternal punishment in some stupid war because you stole some childs candy

>>386748779
OG edgelord

>>386748817
Sounds like Mass Effect 3 all over again
>>
>>386748779

Wow he looks really gay. And I mean, I'm gay, but that's gay to the point of unattractively gay. What a fag
>>
>>386748990
>Sounds like Mass Effect 3 all over again

Now let's not say something we can't take back, friends.
>>
There's a stone in the sensorium called 'horrible regret' that may be about the nameless one's original crime
>>
Is the Enhanced Edition good?
>>
Why is Memento so similar to this game? Did Nolan steal the plot from Planescape?
>>
>>386747704
People do mention that the planes themselves are dying over it.

So either it has to do with Entropy ( maybe coaxmetal related) or with the blood war (where he do end up)
>>
>>386749254
It's too similar to be coincidental

>>386749373
They didn't feel the need to add anything new to the game, it just runs well on I think 40 frames default with the EE, I had a single crash in about 20 hours
>>
>>386746945
>What crime did he commit?
I think it was stated somewhere in the game that it was something that pretty much caused the end of the world.
>What was his true name?
Dunno. Adahn?
>Was the transcendent one supposed to come across as petty as he did?
Dunno. Have you read the design documents?

>Is the """"""new"""""" Torment worth playing? Tides that is
Eh. Not really, but I didn't finish it. Just read the rest of the plot and it seemed very uninspired.
>>
>>386746945
>>386750102
>Our Capable, Condescending,
Calculating and Insufferably
Arrogant Antagonist who has it all
figured out.
Just looked at the document again. I guess you can answer your third question with yes.

https://www.rpgwatch.com/files/Files/00-0208/Torment_Vision_Statement_1997.pdf
>>
>>386746945
Tides is decent if nothing else for the bizzare world.
>>
>>386747704
>which begs the question why the fuck Morte would trick him into doing it in the first place

Morte didn't know the first incarnation

As for the crime it was implied to be genocide on a wide scale
>>
>>386750102
>>386750229
At least one question answered.

>Adahn
It can't be. you can actually meet the guy ingame
>>
>>386750229
>The antagonist is the player...or, more precisely, a part of the player that was split from him a long time ago. This is the player‟s hidden
adversary who has been murdering the player repeatedly for almost a century and watching him rise from the dead as an amnesiac.

Does this mean that the Nameless One is only slightly more than a century old?
>>
>>386750503
He's not real though. He's a lie just like the name Adahn is a lie.
>>
>>386750639
>Does this mean that the Nameless One is only slightly more than a century old?
I actually really doubt that. Pretty sure you can at least make an educated guess about how old some of the incarnations you encounter during the game are. Keep in mind that the document is old, it's called "Last Rites" after all. If you find information in the game that contradicts this then I'd say no.
>>
>>386750639
>>386750906
The wiki says it's several thousand years at least
>>
>>386750464
>>386750846
>He's not real though. He's a lie just like the name Adahn is a lie.
I just made a joke. I think there are some good theories about what his real name is. Adahn IS real though. Mentioning this name to people causes people to believe that someone called Adahn exists and through this belief he actually becomes real.
>>386751438
Yeah, that sounds much more reasonable.
>>
>>386746945
It's implied that whatever he did is destroying the multiverse slowly, we don't have details about it though.

He had many names, his true name will never be known, even for himself.

It's paradoxical how his mortality wanted to be immortal and the NMO wanted to be mortal again. TTO just wanted that TNO loses his memories to enter in the status quo he created. The problem is that TNO stopped losing his memories and he will come to take back his mortality one way or another.
>>
can we agree that the Practical Incarnation is the most based of the incarnation and that he slayed Deionarra's pussy every night?
>>
>>386750639
the NMO is much older. He has numerous incarnations, from warrior, to general, to magician, to thief, etc. He had some incarnations where he just chill his whole life until the shadows appeared
>>
>>386752000
>even for himself
But he does actually learn his true name from the "Good Incarnation" if you have the Bronze Sphere. It is never mentioned to the player though.

Honestly surprised we didn't get any /lit/posters yet. Usually Planescape threads get shitposted into oblivion.
>>
>>386752107
>when you beat that faggot in a battle of wills with a NG TNO

feels good

But yeah I loved hearing about him
>>
>>386746945
I know a popular theory was that TNO started the Blood War somehow but that got debunked
>>
>>386752485
Practical Incarnation : Alt right
Good Incarnation : Liberals
Paranoid Incarnation : Antifa/BLM
>>
so in the end, what can change the nature of a man?
>>
>>386752646
faggit devs flat out saying no that TNO is actually zerthimonde
>>386752786
kickstarter
>>
>>386752848
TNO being Zerthimonde was debunked officially.
>>
>>386752963
that's literally what i said

L I T E R A L L Y
>>
File: morte.jpg (4KB, 131x138px) Image search: [Google]
morte.jpg
4KB, 131x138px
HEYA CHEF
>>
Annah's dialogue with you at the very end feelsbad if you romanced her

>thanks for helping me get shit done and being super in love with me kbye
>>
>>386752963
Never even thought about that, that's a cool theory.
>>
>>386753783
>playing the game for the first time
>make a difficult choice who to ressurect since it says I can only help one of my friends
>already told my ghost gurl to fuck off
>finally decide annah is the one for me
>ressurect her, expecting to get some more sweet end boss dialogue
>straight to the fight it is then
>beat him up with the new spell i got from the sphere which I carried around for god knows how long because LUCK i guess (fuck this game for being so vague with its items, it even says some keys would dissapear after usage yet I had a only single instance where it happend)
>look forward to waifu time with my one and only
>lol nvm ill just fuck off to hell now with no warning or goodbye

of all the things it did well, endings not so much
>>
>>386754228
Yeah you only get dialogue with companions at the end if you talk tto into killing himself

But annahs is a downer, tno kinda talks like he doesn't love her after all but thanks her anyway

Mortes is sad, he wants to go with you into eternal suffering

Here's the video
>>
>>386754228
>>386754930
forgot link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGxBrg9WR2A&t=205s
>>
>>386754930
I'm pretty sure he only talks to Annah that way because of his "regret" or whatever, the self inflicted punishment he must endure after literally becoming space jesus

I'm sure he could have just undone all his mistakes with his ungodly powers but they probably didn't want to go that route so they left it vague all the way
>>
>>386755256
>I'm pretty sure he only talks to Annah that way because of his "regret" or whatever, the self inflicted punishment he must endure after literally becoming space jesus

I get the space Jesus part but literally can't remember any of that other stuff, I played it a while ago
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8s7iveWvBs

Did anyone else pretty much here none of this in game?

Oh and

>Dak'kon - Mitch fucking Pileggi
>>
>>386755519
Well, having become one with all his other reincarnations, he now carries all of their guilt and regret and whatnot

So now he goes to atone for all by himself
That's why he sort of distances himself from Annah since he doesn't want Deionarrah 2.0
>>
>>386755703
Yea, it's bugged

There's only 12 available ingame out of 78
>>
>>386755735
Ah ok that's fucked up, I love this game. The way I took it is that he had transcended emotion by becoming one with himself but it doesn't really make much sense in retrospect

Wish they spelled it out for dumb people like me
>>
>>386755821
did they fix it in EE? or mods?
>>
>>386755987
I'd say it's bugged in EE as well judging from my recent playthrough, there is a fix available though I'm not certain it works with EE
It probably does, BG mods worked with the BGEE as well

>>386755898
I just wiki'd most of what I didn't understand
It's games like these I really hate for being so vague, it pains me physically
>>
>>386752848
>>386752963
Did Zerthimon do anything bad? If he's involved in the whole mindflayer business, it'd make more sense for him to be that guy who sold them out to illithids.
>>
Man, I don't remember much from this game due to how long ago I played it, but what was the deal with Morte? Was he a bro, or did he just use you? Also Vhailor was based if you didn't tell him you were TNO. Falls From Grace was good too, but I stuck with Annah.
>>
>>386756206
Is there a good wiki for it because iirc the planescape one was as vague as the fucking game and didn't have info on all the party members

And goddamn

>make ee
>get the dude who worked on it
>don't add anything or fix bugs

What was the point then
>>
>>386756498
The nameless ones arcticle on the torment.wikia has practically everything covered, so I'd call it good in that regard but that's about it

The EE is just convenient for modern system users that don't wanna fuck around with ancient technology to get a game working proper
It also has higher framerate
>>
>>386756402
>Morte
>anything but a gigantic bro
He's stuck with TNO out of guilt because he was the one who nudged him to become immortal.
>>
>>386756343
He basically caused the eternal war between the githyanki and githzerai since he and his dindus didn't wanna go to war and conquer the planes with Gith so he told her to fuck off
>>386756857
>>386756402
Morte is WEAK
>>
>>386756402
In his quest for truth, Pragmatic Incarnation sought out the pillar of skulls in hell. Morte was there and asked PI to pull him out in exchange for answers. However, when PI did that, Morte lost all knowledge he had while inside the pillar and was unable to tell PI anything. PI was pissed, beat the fuck out of poor Morte and decided to never trust him again.
>>
Reminder that TNO's real name is Adam and his original sin was literally THE original sin.
>>
>>386756992
>>386756402
If i recall Morte actually betrayed...Good incarnation and was in pillar because of that.
Also its unclear if he actually had information or just lied through his teeth.
>>
>>386746945
>>What crime did he commit?
He invented the art of lying, and using others to cover up his crime, including avoiding death! He is the Creation of Torment. As stated through many dialogs.
>>What was his true name?
adahn! He creates the lie to himself that is not Adahn, when in truth he is. Bronze spear proves this.
Was the transcendent one supposed to come across as petty as he did? The Transcendent one wanted to pay for the crime he committed, however being free from TNO himself, he wanted to continue existing as what he was, but he also knows he must pay for his crimes.

The new game is shit! 3/10
>>
>>386758112
You lose memories when you leave the pillar so he wasn't lying

And yeah betraying good incarnation is why he wound up there he stuck with tno after due to guilt
>>
File: 1489119659380.gif (3MB, 300x257px) Image search: [Google]
1489119659380.gif
3MB, 300x257px
test
>>
>>386758727
>He invented the art of lying,
But Morte lied to TNO before TNO commited whatever crime that was referred to here

>adahn! He creates the lie to himself that is not Adahn, when in truth he is. Bronze spear proves this.

How so? It is never explicitly stated in any way
The only thing the sphere proves is that TNO has a name
>>
>>386759032
>He invented the art of lying,
>But Morte lied to TNO before TNO commited whatever crime that was referred to here
With a high charisma score and high morte score. He admits that you taught him how to lie. your the reason he died at a young age. He sends you to ravel hoping she will kill you, but he doesn't which jars him so he continues lying to you.
>adahn! He creates the lie to himself that is not Adahn, when in truth he is. Bronze spear proves this.

>How so? It is never explicitly stated in any way
The only thing the sphere proves is that TNO has a name Actually when it gives him his name he admits he used that name as a lie but feels it was his real name all along.
>>
>>386752646
did it really get debunked? maybe he didnt start it but made it get worse.
the good incarnation says that he was a cartographer and i remember some people speculating that he facilitated the movement between planes for the evil armies to fight their blood war, which will fuck the planes up faster
>>
I dunno shit about this game, but wasn't he causing the deaths of others buy taking their lives, by proxy, due to his immortality? When he died, other people died in his place.
>>
>>386759714
Yes
>>
>>386759714
He sure did,he draws a life from the closest plane and dead guy becomes the shade and he forgets everything (only couple incarnations remembered)
His own Mortality was in its own plane pocket just so he couldnt revive himself all over and remember shit too. Pragmatic Incarnation had an entourage with him on purpose just so he could have a 1up.
>>
>>386757023
Kek
>>
>>386759998
based pragmatic
>>
thread music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXF9I6OykBc
>>
>>386760358
Also that ghost woman on start,he literally seduced her into sacrificing herself just in case he returns one day.
>>
>>386760515
gotta say the memories of morte and the ghost woman just being absolutely abused by pragmatic were pretty detailed and fucked up

I mean shit Deinorra's memory of being used by himself makes TNO fall over and cry blood
>>
File: morte.png (43KB, 131x138px) Image search: [Google]
morte.png
43KB, 131x138px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob-AYmt8RNo&index=4&list=PL8804009A91F98915

>BUEH

what did he mean by this
>>
>>386760429
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCpk7HIryK0
Annah's theme best theme
>>
>>386761241
This game was melancholy as fuck
>>
File: nh8dq39x025aa5x.jpg (28KB, 413x481px) Image search: [Google]
nh8dq39x025aa5x.jpg
28KB, 413x481px
Say hi to Annah

she's actually scottish too[/spoiler
>>
>>386756402
>Morte
>bro

choose one. It is implied that he is the reason why you made your horrible mistake that is killing the multiverse. He also told you about Ravel and he lied to you in the Pillar of Skulls (although he lost part of his knowledge when you took him out).

To be fair, he seeks redemption because regret is part of the feeling you make people around you realize.
>>
Should I replay fallout or play this
>>
>>386762656
this
>>
>>386746945
>What was his true name?
Adahn
>What crime did he commit?
thats not really told, some think he started the blood warr
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mgn9fzdxcz1r0zz7o.jpg (150KB, 400x497px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mgn9fzdxcz1r0zz7o.jpg
150KB, 400x497px
>Cranium rats are actually a thing in D&D.
Who else got freaked out by Ojo in the buried village? Especially later when you find out that the rat he was talking about was one of them cranium rats.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.