[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>""people"" who have ""beaten""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 448
Thread images: 68

File: 1497598789684.jpg (167KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1497598789684.jpg
167KB, 690x460px
>""people"" who have ""beaten"" Dark Souls with black knight weapons/summoning/sorcery/pyromancy/guides are browsing this board right now
>you're supposed to discuss video games with them
>>
>you're supposed to reply to threads like this
>>
>started as pyromancer
>walkthrough on every area but Undead Asylum
>got drake sword from the guide
>summoning whenever possible and stated on the guide
AMA
>>
File: blank expression.jpg (16KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
blank expression.jpg
16KB, 300x350px
>>386745538
>never beat Dark Souls
>too afraid to summon anyone because I'm bad at the game and don't want to embarrass myself infront the other players
help
>>
>>386745538
I read guides not to make the game easier, but so that I don't miss out on entire portions of a game I paid for.

>to reach this majestic area of the map you must first climb down 3 ladders, turn left at the tree with blue fungus, right at the tiny gravestone hidden by a glitch you can fix only if you threw dung at the woman npc back at the first bonfire, run for half an hour through water, tickle the balls of a crystal monster and then declare allegiance to isis via youtube red.
>>
>Not rewarding yourself with OP black knight weapons for successfully meeting the stat requirements

Literally telling yourself not to enjoy the game.
>>
>>386747975
These games encourage replaying though, you're meant to check that stuff out on your second run
>>
can we please stop pretending that DS series are incredibly difficult?
I mean yeah, they are tougher than most shit that comes out nowadays, but they aren't as hardcore as people make them out to be, just tedious
>>
i remember when demons souls threads were gentlemen enjoying some vidya.

PC and xbox ports were a fucking mistake
>>
Is this the "I'm hardcore" dick waving thread?
>>
>you're not supposed to use stuff ingame to beat the game because someone on a mongolian basket weaving forum will think less of you
>>
>>386747547
nothing to worry about, the phantoms know they're basically playing the game for you, just stay behind them and let them take care of the spooky sneakers for you
>>
>>386745538
Are you a Pyromancer Virgin or are you a Deprived Chad?
>>
>>386745538
Go to bed matt, you've played these games two dozen times and always play a knight. You are boring.
>>
>>386747547
Just start putting down summon signs and help others and you will notice how bad other players really can be
>>
Who are the worst people in the game and why are they the people that summon you just to immediately send you back?
>>
File: 8098998.jpg (11KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
8098998.jpg
11KB, 267x200px
>>386745538
I'm sorry, I know I'm a faggot.
>>
>>386745538
>playing casual singleplayer shit like dick souls
>>
>used a roll chart for first character
I finished the game as a sorcery dragon who punched shit with her free hand.
>>
>>386745538
>stop playing the game in a way I don't like
this is a severe sign of autism

moreover, sorcery in dark souls 1 has the hardest start of any other class
>lowest starting vit, end and strength over any other class
>souls must be saved for expensive spells and gear like bellowing leaving you under leveled compared to other build progressions
>your damage isn't even good until over half way through the game
>>
>>386745538
I bet you never got to new game++ with a level 1 soul.
>>
>>386748102
Completely blind DS 1 before being able to literally talk to anyone about it was fairly fucking difficult my man.
>>
>>386748734
No it really wasn't unless you're a colossal retard or haven't touched an RPG in your life
>>
File: 1498849045549.png (626KB, 943x703px) Image search: [Google]
1498849045549.png
626KB, 943x703px
>>386745538
>you didn't do it the way I wanted you to so you didn't beat it
>>
>>386748773
You sounds like a pansy who relies on magic only, bet you can't even parry.
>>
>>386745538

The real scourge are people who use shields, though summoning on your first playthrough is pretty embarassing.
>>
File: 1446802738474.jpg (303KB, 2000x1338px) Image search: [Google]
1446802738474.jpg
303KB, 2000x1338px
>>386745538
completed every game first time solo with straight sword and board and enough equip load to mid roll in some tasteful looking plate armor

generic knight is best build, nothing comes close.
>>
>beat dark souls as a basic knight with sword & shield
>fat tryhards or skeletons try to call me casual
Just beat the game with your fists if everything is so useful.
>>
>>386748595
>start warrior
>dump all souls from asylum demon into strength
>run through catacombs for GLS
>breeze through the rest of the game
>idiots think this is more difficult than going mage
>>
>not beating every souls game solo, naked, no weapons, no magic, no rings, no HUD, and no rolling
Oh my god, I can't believe I have to share air with these degenerate baby mode playing faggots.
>>
>>386748595
>attacks cost no stamina and you can spam them from safe ranges so there's literally no reason to level endurance, completely eliminating a high-priority stat
>since your attacks are safe and you will literally never run out of stamina you don't need to level vit either, completely eliminating a lower-priority stat
>all that's left is to pump int
>can get it to the point where a great heavy soul arrow will take off 1/5 of queelag's HP long before reaching her, a boss that usually walls off most physical builds in terms of damage due to her high defenses
>>386748880
No, I did the first playthrough as a quality build and specifically avoided raising magic stats in case there was a beast talisman equivalent.
>>
>>386748880
parrying is a crutch that makes the game severely easier
>>
File: 1478451848434.jpg (39KB, 382x382px) Image search: [Google]
1478451848434.jpg
39KB, 382x382px
>>386749083
>or skeletons
Why are skeletons talking to you anon?
>>
File: 5641561561561.jpg (69KB, 537x407px) Image search: [Google]
5641561561561.jpg
69KB, 537x407px
Where my dual wielders at?
>>
>>386749203
until you get hit by a single attack of hers and die because you only have 8 vit and great heavy soul arrow has the longest casting animation of any sorcery bar white dragon breath
>>
>>386749431
Because that will totally happen when you can stand out of range of all of her attacks besides the obvious jump attack while spamming soul arrows, and that's assuming you don't just stand on her dick and stunlock her.
>>
Story time of casual friend?

> playing das2 on release solo alongside some friends
> talk about our progress, have fun
> one guy keeps getting stuck, we tease him a bit, he gets super upset
> he only bought the game because the rest of us were

> fast forward a few days, he tells us he's made HUGE progress and that the game isn't that hard
> am surprised, but good for him
> another day or two ahead, he messages me
> says his Estus Flask is gone
> joke to him that he shouldn't cheat and break his game
> "How did you know?"
> admits he used a trainer because we were teasing him, used infinite health and items and other shit
> teasing increases x100

Some people play these games for the wrong reasons. I joke that shields and sorcery are for pussies but really it's about what you enjoy the most. This kid frankly shouldn't have bought the game.
>>
>summoning is an integral game mechanic that the game encourages you to use
>some NPC quests can't be completed without summoning
>STOP PLAYING THE GAME AS IT'S INTENDED
I've never summoned because I've never needed to do it, but why even criticize those that do? It's a game mechanic just like how invading is a crucial game mechanic.
>>
>>386748773

LMAO nice, please let me know how you managed to stumble across the great hallow in NG1 without any spoilers.

This is like saying the locations of Zelda 1's secret areas are easy just because you've played the game a thousand times lmfao. Completely delusional. Its a difficult game just because of that.

Don't even get me started on the trip back to the undead asylum
>>
>>386745538
>first time through the game, had a friend summoned for Anor Londo and Sen's Fortress
>second time through the game I used only light armor and dex weapons
>second time much easier

Really, the flipping ring makes a lot of the game trivial. That and having the scythe being an insanely strong weapon and easy to land hits with makes bosses pretty trivial.

I never understood how magic was supposed to be ez mode, but then again I've never done a full magic build.
>>
>>386749626
> Flip ring makes game trivial

> literally no way to know you need to go down to blighttown after talking to cat lady to get it early.
>Let alone you never even see his shadow prior to this and you have to kill him to get ring and hes legit nearly invisible, and Murkumo dude only barely mentions him but doesn't actually point out his location in anyway.

So everyone here reads guides then calls the game easy?
>>
>>386749626
Magic is easy because you can hang back and do huge damage. You greatly reduce the threat of dying. Run, cast, repeat

And some spells in 1 are insanely OP
>>
>>386748734
I did it blind. It was fairly tough, but it was no Ghosts 'n Goblins.
>>
File: 1493391979963.jpg (76KB, 878x814px) Image search: [Google]
1493391979963.jpg
76KB, 878x814px
Daily reminder that difficulty memesters are the cancer of Dark Souls community. By reading stuff on /v/, Youtube and other pleases I've seen people call practically everything cheesing. Using any miracles, sorceries, hexes or pyromancies to kill a boss is cheesing, killing enemies from a distance with a bow is cheesing, walling a boss with a greatshield is cheesing, using your environment to your advantage is cheesing, using Lifegems in Dark Souls II is cheesing... I could literally go on and on. I don't know whether OP is actually shitposting or not but there are A LOT of people who legitimately think that anything besides melee only no shield is cheesing. Like, FromSoft just puts all of these things in the game but you're not actually supposed to use any of them because then you haven't REALLY beaten the game ("no true Scotsman"). The difficulty memes and the PC release of Dark Souls really ruined the fanbase permanently, which is a damn shame.
>>
>>386749856
if you try to kill shiva right in the forest, his body guard will aggro and you'll get the ring
>>
>implying dark souls is hard even without using any of that
>implying beating the entire game in any way, shape, or form is some monumental achievement.
>>
>>386745538
Jokes on you, I stopped playing after biggie smalls
>>
I have 1200 hours between dark soul games and I regret them
>>
>>386749025
Mid roll is probably the hardest way to play DaS1. With the slow roll it's assumed you'll have the armor and shield to take hits easily, with the fast roll you can easily position were you want to be and your iframes are pretty insane, when you're in the middle you just have a mediocre shield and roll to make it through.

Granted I tried a heavy armor run and I got stuck, but I wasn't using a great shield and I never realized what the sturdiness stat did, so that might be like 90% of the reason as to why.

>>386749856
Second time through I looked up a few things, why not? The game is cryptic to a very annoying point and looking stuff up mitigates that (poorly explained mechanics, useless stats, unbalanced weapons). Unless you're trying to argue that DaS is a flawless masterpiece.
>>
>>386749623
>finding a secret area is obscure
>therefore completing the game without much difficulty is impossible
Retard.
>>
>>386749623
What does the Great Hollow have to do with difficulty? I'm guessing you fall in the "colossal retard" category.
>>
>>386749856
>he didnt go to darkroot before blight and just kill everyone, no guide first playthrough
>>
>>386750498

Lmao "strawman"
>>
>>386750758
What strawman? Someone said the game is easy and you started spouting shit about finding the Great Hollow which is completely unrelated to the difficulty of the game.
>>
>>386750616

>Actually arguing that secret areas that are hard to find don't make the game harder
>Being so bad at video games you don't care if you miss secret areas
>>
>>386750804

>Actually arguing that secret areas that are hard to find don't make the game harder
>Being so bad at video games you don't care if you miss secret areas

Kids these days
>>
>>386750834
Secret areas being well-hidden has literally nothing to do with the game not being challenging you fucking retard.
>>
>>386750941

Incorrect, it is quite literally harder to find those areas.

If you have trouble with this logic then maybe try communicating with something more at your level

Like a leapfrog tablet
>>
>>386751019
No it doesn't you fucking retard, it's not a necessary area to complete the game and the area itself is easier than most areas, it has nothing to do with the difficulty.
>>
>>386745538
Does faith count for sorceries?
I always liked strength faith builds
>>
Does using Artiorias' Greatshield for most of the game make me a shitter, because that did seem kind of broken?
>>
Gotta be honest I summoned on every boss in Dark Souls 3 just to screencap 3 dudes defeating a boss so I can make shitpost threads for (You) asking why the game was so easy to piss you faggots off and I genuinely enjoyed the ease of the game and couldn't go back to doing shit solo
>>
>>386751187

Except we are talking about a blind playthrough of an RPG. This isn't fucking Enslaved or Hellblade: Senuas Sacrificial Titty

This is FUCKING DARK SOULS NIGGER. I don't even need a metaphor to explain this to you.

Its simple logic.

A. People that play rpgs like secrets
B. Secrets are hard to find

c. This increases the difficulty of enjoying the game for the primary audience.

Are you an autist that runs from point A to B and treats the game like COD's amazing cinematic experience? Fine, but go argue with a monkey like yourself fucking moron
>>
>>386751461
Crash Team Racing confirmed for the objective hardest videogame ever created by humans.
>>
>>386751426
>

This is an acceptable playstyle and I'm someone who only plays the game blind and solo.

My reasoning behind this is dark souls is about making people butthurt. If you accomplish this in a different way than the game, well, congratulations. Fuck nerds
>>
>>386749978
I cheese quite a lot and I disagree.
I think difficulty memesters make us better by shaming us into challenging ourselves.
>>
>People who imply Dark Souls is hard even with self-imposed limitations actually browse this board right now and you have to discuss games with them.
This is the worst timeline.
>>
when DS2 came out i picked a strength build with the giant buster sword thing.

Gaaaay, made me realize how TRASH and boring the series is
>>
>>386745538
>beat the game at min level for end game gear and rings
>invade High Wall for days, basically one shotting lowbies
>be there so long people on reddit start thinking I'm an NPC

If you don't do this you are a literal pleb.
>>
>put function in game
>D-DON'T USE IT
You're like people who get mad at others for using the grenade launcher. IF it exists in the game, you can use it.
>>
I always try to get the black knight sword in the burg to 1-shot the taurus demon, cause that boss is boring.
>>
>>386752025
Just use the zwei.
>>
File: ss (2017-04-02 at 10.43.14).jpg (234KB, 1149x465px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-04-02 at 10.43.14).jpg
234KB, 1149x465px
>>386751461
>c. This increases the difficulty
But I thought Dark Souls was already the hardest game ever made!
>>
File: 1474819452816.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474819452816.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>386751646
>My reasoning behind this is dark souls is about making people butthurt. If you accomplish this in a different way than the game, well, congratulations.
I never thought of it like that before
>>
>People who play Dark Souls are on this board right now
>>
File: 1293459174081.png (2KB, 101x140px) Image search: [Google]
1293459174081.png
2KB, 101x140px
>>386745538
Locking on and walking in circles also trivialises the game to the point of boredom. Was I supposed not to use lock on either?
>>
>>386745538
Guessing you weren't STR enough to handle black knight weapons. Fucking DEX fags.
>>
>>386748084
Pretty much this. Your first playthrough should ideally be blind and then for NG+ you check for stuff that you missed. On my first playthrough of Dark Souls I missed a lot of things like Gwyndolin, Stray Demon, Painted World and Great Hollow / Ash Lake but I still had a great time with the game and did all of those on NG+.

>>386748219
Also this. A while ago I did a sunbro playthrough where I focused on faith and put my summon sign everywhere and good lord most people playing DS suck at the game. Like, I'm not anything special myself but it's just astounding how bad almost everyone is. I helped multiple people against O&S and many of the hosts literally died like within the first 10 seconds. I can't even understand what they're doing in the battle. Do they just run in there with no shield smashing R1, only to get killed instantly by Smough's hammer and then complain "wtf this is the hardest game ever >:(". It's like 90% of the playerbase has no idea of dodging, blocking or just taking things slowly and observing your opponent's attack patterns for proper openings.
>>
>>386745538
>give a strong weapon a chance to drop from a non-respawning enemy
>get upset when someone playing the game gets the drop and decides to use it

autism
>>
>>386749592
Summoning on your first playthrough is pretty dumb (I did it for O&S, then played it solo on the next playthrough and now it's my favourite boss fight of all time), but fine if you just want to play the game with some friends.
>>
>>386752530
You're not allowed to do anything that may, by chance, hypothetically, in theory, even remotely break the illusion of Dark Souls being difficult. It is simply not allowed. The lore agrees, don't bother Miyazaki about it.
>>
>>386749623
That's what developer messages are for. There's always a way to find secrets.
>>
>first playthrough i managed to go to blight town through valley of the drakes
>i then managed to go all the way up backwards through blight town to find a locked door and had to go back
>i missed gaping and capra demon and had no clue what people were talking about when they complained about them
I also used the great club until i made it to anor londo and the giant blacksmith crafted me a crystal ring shield. this was the release version too.
I used that the rest of the game and barely died to anything and beat most bosses first try with it.
>>
>>386750834
They're optional secret areas.
>>
>>386752704
>barely died to anything and beat most bosses first try with it.
Impossible. Dark Souls is hardcore, not easy. This is fact. You just cheated, that's all.
>>
>>386752861
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY5l_K5pXc8
it was a bug and was fixed but i didn't know, it was basically crystal souls spear tier damage but you didn't need any investment and could cast it until the shield broke
>>
File: 1490661214391.png (41KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490661214391.png
41KB, 200x200px
Every game
>Spear pyromancer and learn how to use bow/crossbow to maximum potential
>Becomes a breeze to beat even the hardest bosses as shitty AI isn't made for this kind of autism/dragging out fights
Besides the tree in 3, he was a warty arsehole
>>
>>386752974
Shouldn't have used it if you knew it was cheating. But I guess the game would be too hard for you otherwise.
>>
File: b98.jpg (38KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
b98.jpg
38KB, 600x720px
>>386752530
>spend 1000 hours training to be at one with the blade
>max out your DEX stat to hone your skills with the katana
>get invaded by some scub with a black knight weapon
>he literally hits you once, and you die
>1000 hours of training counts for nothing
>>
>>386753067
>Spear
Cheating
>pyromancer
Cheating
>bow/crossbow
Cheating
>>
>>386753127
in hindsight i do but i didn't when i played through?
it was a magic shield made by a giant blacksmith and needed a +10 shield to make and shoot a magic beam, why would it not do 800 damage?
>>
>use 2her
>win half my pvp fights in ds2
>switch to poison/bleed weapon
>never win because no where in the game did it say poison and bleed dont work in pvp
cool
>>
>>386753160
someone who spent 1000 hours in pvp isn't going to get hit by a random shitter with a bks, let alone have vit low enough to get one shot by it
>>
File: Summoning.png (412KB, 873x915px) Image search: [Google]
Summoning.png
412KB, 873x915px
>>386745538
IT'S A FEATURE BUILT INTO THE GAME

I EXPERIENCED IT JUST AS FULLY AS YOU DID

I UNDERSTAND AND APPRECIATE THE GAME THE SAME AS YOU DO
>>
>>386753226
You're just mad I called you out because deep inside you know you couldn't beat the game without it. Git gud.
>>
>>386753258
>use spotted whip and flamberge
>bleed and poison anyone regardless of their resists in pvp

what are you talking about?
>>
File: 1495906754287.gif (995KB, 450x455px) Image search: [Google]
1495906754287.gif
995KB, 450x455px
>tfw played through all games without memes
>>
File: 1485567213950.png (519KB, 762x647px) Image search: [Google]
1485567213950.png
519KB, 762x647px
>>386753258
>>
>>386753391
I've got bad news for you.

Dark Souls itself is a meme game.
>>
>>386753391
What about a shield
>>
File: 1479033537816.jpg (44KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
1479033537816.jpg
44KB, 329x399px
>>386751657
>I cheese quite a lot
I mean, if you're REALLY cheesing (e.g. killing Sif and Manus with arrow before the battle even starts) then sure, you deserve all the shaming, but simply using all the weapons and spells that the game gives you 100% fine. I just hate how the word cheesing has lost all meaning and people just use it whenever they disagree with someone's playstyle. The best example is in the Dark Souls II boss ranking video by theDeModcracy where he shows clips of him defeating the boss that he's currently talking about and the comment section is just filled with comments like "Oh wow, you're just cheesing all the bosses with a buffed rapier -.- No wonder you think the battles are easy". Really makes you think huh? I guess rapiers are not fine, you cannot use the Old Leo Ring to buff your thrust weapon counter attacks because that's cheesing and Gold Pine Resin is forbidden too because you know that damage buffs are actually a certain dairy product in disguise.
>>
>>386753387
I just invaded people 5 times, and the guy I took down to 20% hp still didnt get poisoned
>>
>>386753468
not when i played it
>>386753473
Shields are not memes exept the bonewheel shield
>>
>>386753582
>not when i played it
Are you so unpopular with society that you de-memed the game by just being yourself?
>>
File: 1496497804704.png (176KB, 434x428px) Image search: [Google]
1496497804704.png
176KB, 434x428px
>>386748184
Are they Nike or Adidas
>>
File: 1502283882341.jpg (181KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1502283882341.jpg
181KB, 720x960px
>>386753654
im so unpoplar that not even pepe is a meme when i post him
>>
I have never been able to beat Gwyn without either using a fully upgraded Zweihander and staggering him constantly or a Buckler and parrying every attack he does

Is that those the only ways you're supposed to beat him? Because I swear to god he has infinite stamina and doesn't stop attacking you.
>>
>>386751964
>>386753307
It's there to help people when they get stuck on a boss, but I'd be lying if I didn't feel genuine discomfort when someone uses summons the first time they come across a boss and the summons just decimate the boss for them while they barely get to experience the fight.

If you summon during a boss you've barely fought solo then you're just robbing yourself really.

>>386751657
DaS is built around those buffs too. Encounters are supposed to be hard, but a properly times pine resin or a fire bomb in the early game can easily make a difficult fight easy, it's kind of the point of the series.
>>
>>386753801
I mean Gwynn would only be hard if you are completely reliant on blocking to overcome things.
>>
>>386745538
>prefering to play hundreds of hours and still not being sure to have 100% the game while I look at guides telling me where hidden interesting content is to complete the game in 40 hours and then proceed to play and enjoy 7 or 8 other good games before you even finish
If you're playing to prove that you're capable of something then you're in the wrong hobby. It's just a game, man.
>>
>>386753940
I used Smough's Hammer for a playthrough and still couldn't beat him without a Buckler because it never staggered him

I feel like he's pretty hard if you don't parry or stagger him in general, but it also kinda seems like the boss isn't very well designed
>>
>>386750412
>Mid roll is probably the hardest way to play DaS1
Daily reminder that mid roll did nothing wrong. Besides, mid roll doesn't mean that you're forced to have shit armor and shield. On my first and primary save file on Dark Souls I have a character with Havel's Ring and RoFaP and I'm mid rolling with full stone armor set and Black Knight Shield. I just beat NG+2 a while ago with this build and on all of these three playthroughs the only time when I had to change my equipment was against NG+2 Manus (I used a lighter armor set to get fast roll). Otherwise I haven't really had any trouble with it.
>>
>>386748084
Second playthroughs are boring. All the content should be accessible and not easily missable in the first one.
>>
File: 1440771285797.jpg (260KB, 914x891px) Image search: [Google]
1440771285797.jpg
260KB, 914x891px
>>386754120
>actually using the roll in a serious playthrough
>>
>>386754229
I kinda disliked Dark Souls on my first playthrough but loved it on my second when I knew what was going on
>>
>>386754095
Well he's not well designed because he's too easy. I'm not even trying to sound like some elitist, every lets play I ever watched beat him within 3 tries and so did I.

Gargoyle fight or SMough/Ornstein are actually harder fights.
>>
>>386754289
>actually using the controller in any playthrough
If you can't move your character via telepathy you shouldn't even own the game
>>
I used a STR+FTH build that had Royal Helm+Giant armor with a divine Zweihander and Lightining Spear for my first "completed" playthrough.

Only now do I realize it's a bit memelord-y
>>
>>386754332
Bad game design. You should have been able to know what was going on in your first one.
>>
File: 1427654083595.png (206KB, 648x628px) Image search: [Google]
1427654083595.png
206KB, 648x628px
>>386752305
>mfw Black Knight Halberd is a DEX weapon in DS2
>>
>>386753801
He's fairly tough if you don't parry him out honestly. He's the most aggressive boss in the game and his attacks have a ton of range. I always had a bit of trouble with him when I didn't all out parry him.

>>386754120
It's viable, but I find it fairly hard. Then again I also find heavy roll high armor hard, the only thing I find easy was light armor and a fast roll. I have the most fun doing light rolling but there's no denying that it's insanely strong to have that many iframes and to have such easy positioning.

It is laughable seeing people who 2 hand light roll calling sword and board medium roll users casual when 2 handed light rolling is arguably easier.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 215x234px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 215x234px
>beating demon prince with black knight ultra great sword
>>
>>386745538
I literally refuse to play any Dark Souls as anything other than a heavy armor wearing 2 hander wielding meatwall.

With the singular exception of Dark Souls 2 dual wield rapier max dex + leo ring combo. Because I like killing +7 bosses in one stamina combo.
>>
>>386746309
When did you realise drake sword sucks
>>
File: 1499203305226.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499203305226.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>386745538
>Got a level 50 character on ng+
>Only pyromancy I really use to invade is sacred flame to bait out light sword shitters, or profaned flame when I'm getting chased
>Use the dragonslayer swordspear for ganksquads
>Break out the twin princes greatsword to punish parry spam
>>
>>386754408
He's poorly designed because he's either too hard or too easy if you don't cheese him. If they slowed his attacks down and made him unparryable, it'd be okay.
>>
>>386754573
Gwyn is fairly easy if you're using a heavy weapon like Dragon King Greataxe with a light roll armor set. If you can get a direct hit with the greataxe, you can essentially stunlock him until it's out of energy. At max rank, is usually enough to kill him without trying. At least on NG0.
>>
>>386748076
Wooow some stat requirements
>>
>>386750412
Not true at all. Mid roll allows you to stack on some pretty huge defense while still maintaining some mobility. Then again, armor in general isn't very good until pvp/late game when you +10 it.

http://mmdks.com/8pmd

You could get maybe 50 more defense from going full giants, but you wouldn't this much weight in weapon utility or mobility. This is significantly better than fatrolling.
>>
>got one shotted by someone using miracles, idk what spells do in this game gay as fuck
>invade again, except the person who one shot me before is now on my side and we're both hunting another spell caster
>that guy kills the person who raped me before I get there in time, so I think k im dead no way I can kill him if he did that
>end up killing him , his spells actually have a cast time and I dodge them and he just dies easy

I don't understand this game.
>>
>>386748084
It should encourage playing from a predictable standpoint. If I could finish the whole game never seeing or getting the slightest clue as to what I missed , I could move on to the next game and be none the wiser and it would be a missed opportunity for the game to impress me.

An alternative system would be for you to finish the game with some prompt that there are many things you have missed in certain areas, or characters who were doomed and couldve been saved or handled otherwise. That way you wont need to spend your time on a wiki for NG+.
>>
>NG
>beat Centipede Demon first try
>NG+
>CD does a ridiculous amount of damage, can jump on you and completely fuck your camera up
>I couldn't beat him after 10 attempts, then realized I could access the DR shortcut because I'd gotten my loyalty up high enough with the spider lady faction
What the fuck did they do? The rest of the bosses weren't nearly as hard as him, even O&S.
>>
>>386754573
>2 handed light rolling is arguably easier
Really depends on your playstyle and preferences. I like using a good shield and playing more defensively so I think it makes the game a lot easier when I have some good defenses with me. I should probably try doing a no shield playthrough just to step out of my comfort zone and see how much I suck at relying only on dodges.
>>
>>386749212

attacking is a crutch that makes the game severely easier
>>
File: 1492105686181.jpg (9KB, 223x246px) Image search: [Google]
1492105686181.jpg
9KB, 223x246px
>when dark souls discussion used to be about silly stories of hardship
>ever since 2 it's been about beating the games with your eyes closed

I want to go back
>>
>>386754482
Games with a new game plus system break your entire argument.
If it incentivizes you to play again to find what you missed while also being a good game despite you having missed those things, it's doing NG+ right.
>>
>>386754903
He's not hard, the game mechanics are outworldly.
FFS hitting is extended arm does no damage.
>>
File: 1496271802822.jpg (240KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496271802822.jpg
240KB, 800x600px
>trying to get through the ringed city DLC on ng+
>some areas have more enemies than before, their health is doubled, and you get cursed at an insane rate
>>
>>386754971
not him but not being able to respec in dark souls 1 was a run killer
>>
File: b4f.jpg (24KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
b4f.jpg
24KB, 600x451px
Complaining about somebody cheesing/playing the wrong way in an ARPG is completely redudant. The roleplaying aspects automatically mean that a lot of skill-based play will be secondary.

If you value skill in an 3D action game I recommend something like Ninja Gaiden Black/2 or Devil May Cry 1/3.
>>
>>386753894
>It's there to help people when they get stuck on a boss, but I'd be lying if I didn't feel genuine discomfort when someone uses summons the first time they come across a boss and the summons just decimate the boss for them while they barely get to experience the fight.
>If you summon during a boss you've barely fought solo then you're just robbing yourself really.
It's their choice at the end of the day. The devs putting it in the game means it can be used.
>>
>>386754967
>kill Ornstein first
>get called a scrub
>just want Smough's Hammer (which is fucking garbage)
>>
>when some faggots big 2h swings as quickly as your little thrust sword
>>
>>386755184
Personally, I kill Orn for the fatsuit.

I love the fatsuit.
>>
>>386755176
you've got it backwards

it's the roleplaying aspects that take a backseat to skill
>>
>>386754657
>friend playing the game
>he got out of Sens
>tell him to use the claymore
>he says drake sword is better

It's insane how long people stick to that sword without understanding how the upgrade system works. Granted it is a bit confusing, but still just looking at base damage is autism.

>>386755098
>wanted to get into DaS3 DLCs
>instantly started NG+ on my main character
>nothing I can do now

Shit genuinley sucks. I was just bored and realized I never do NG+ so I went for it, then I got bored and haven't had the urge to play anything souls related since.
>>
>>386755176
This. Nothing is more fun in dark souls than "outsmarting" the game.
>>
>>386747975
I bet you read botw walkthrough as well and explored fuckall.
>>
>>386755248
I've beaten the game a few times and I still don't understand how you get their armour. Probably because I've never looked it up.

Isn't there an NPC who only shows up in NG+ and you can buy it from him?
>>
>>386753801
>Is that those the only ways you're supposed to beat him?
Nah, you can beat Gwyn pretty easily without stunlocking or parrying.
>Keep your distance and stay out of his range
>Dodge roll away when he gets too close
>Wait for him to do a grab or a kick
>Hit him once or twice
>Rinse and repeat
That's it. Sounds simple and boring but I think it's actually pretty fun because you constantly have to keep moving and stay on your toes as you wait for openings.

Alternatively, you can just camp behind a stalactite and hit him with some long weapon like a spear or a halberd but this isn't a very honorable strategy.
>>
File: 1496893894561.jpg (20KB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496893894561.jpg
20KB, 420x300px
>>386754967
Yeah, it's a shame.
I miss the invasion threads we had when ds3 first came out, and there were so many good stories about purplefags invading and getting hilarious kills, or doing stupid shit.

I remember one guy said he invaded as a purple in Ithryll, found out the host was afk, kicked him across the entire fucking bridge and left
>>
File: sadness.gif (2MB, 372x262px) Image search: [Google]
sadness.gif
2MB, 372x262px
>can solo every boss except for Orenstien and Smough
>Still can't even beat them with Solaire
>have to pray for human summons to appear
>Tfw servers will go down some day and I'll never get past that point again
I guess I'll just have to pray I can git gud
>>
>>386755302
>looking at base damage is autism
Sod off, dragon greatsword is great
>>
>>386755334
The NPC from the depths shows up after you beat Anor Londo IIRC. He's at Firelink Shrine underneath the aqueduct bridge next to the aggressive hollows near the first level staircase. Getting to him often leads to falling to your death. But he has all the boss armors hidden away there.
>>
why does it cost resources to duel? how do I just infinitely practice pvp in this shit?
>>
>>386755334
that faggot in the sewers before gaping dragon moves to the lower part of the bridge/aqueduct that connects firelink to burg sells the armor of bosses you've killed
>>
>>386755404
HEAVY
ARMOR
DRAGON
KING
GREAT
AXE
R-2
>>
>>386755435
I have honestly been playing DS1 for about 600 hours total and never knew this. Thank you.
>>
>>386755435
>>386755481
Really? I never knew that. Guess I'm dressing up as a fat cunt on my next playthrough, then.
>>
>>386755524
You're welcome. I know how it feels to never look up guides whenever possible.
>>
>>386745538
>levelling up
>using any weapon
>wearing armour
>rolling
>playing the game with the monitor turned on
>not using onscreen keyboard
>not using a trackpad
just fucking neck yourself little baby faggot
>>
>>386754710
Funnily enough, I was having too hard of a time downing him with the Zweihander on my first run so I switched to the Halberd and fucked him up. I was probably god awful at the game then though.

>>386754819
I mean for the bulk of the game though, the armor advantage you get over a light roll versus a medium roll is fairly small, and the light roll is just so advantageous in comparison to the mid roll.

That is nuts that heavy armor gives you such a slight advantage though. It also really bums me out that Fromsoft got rid of the fast, medium, slow rolling system, shit was so good. In 2 and 3 it's pretty much just stack as much armor as you can until you can't roll, which is so much dumber.
>>
>>386755404
Just be patient and wait for one of them to fuck up an attack when the other isn't going to attack you. I feel like Smough is the easiest to take out first but Orstein is harder second, so pick which one you'd rather focus on.
>>
>>386755698
The Chad Dark Souls playthrough
>>
>>386751609
hey man, oxide's hard
>>
>>386755768
OUCH!
>>
>>386755745
I always want to kill Smough first because I love Orn's armour so much
>>
File: 1397564682656.jpg (27KB, 480x379px) Image search: [Google]
1397564682656.jpg
27KB, 480x379px
>>386754903
>mfw always getting to +2 rank at Chaos Servant Covenant on NG+ so that I can skip two shitty boss battles and most of Lost Izalith
>>
>>386755768
Fucking kek well done
>>
>>386755731
I ended up playing my first playthrough in full heavy armor all the time, because I ended up farming the Belfry Gargoyles for souls by helping people out to get Artorius's sigil to enter the forest early.

While there, I discovered the stone set and didn't replace it until Havel's. Which conversely was never replaced until +5 Giant's.

I basically went the whole game Fatrolling, which was fine, because I just man moded every single boss in the game with my Lightning Greataxe.

I may have died, but I never flinched.

Bed of Chaos made me want to shoot myself.
>>
>tfw the reason pvp sucks in this game is because how anti-new player it is in how because it requires limited resources to do pvp in this game, a new player cant practice pvp
>>
I feel obligated to play on deprived just for the sole purpose of having no back story. Is it autism.

i also like making my character look like a strawberry named Barry
>>
File: best.png (6KB, 102x120px) Image search: [Google]
best.png
6KB, 102x120px
I don't know why anyone used the drake sword when the best weapon in the game is available for purchase almost immediately
>>
>>386756013
Is it really so difficult to make friends with someone and ask him to practice?
>>
>>386756013
>>386755476
You can't "practice" pvp in any game, ever. The offline is your practice. Once you get online, it's a fucking free for all.

Gain proficiency or die. Welcome to pvp.
>>
>>386755947
It's the fucking best. I love how Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith look (aside from the copy and pasted enemies), but god are they both the worst areas in the game.

It sucks that you still have to fight Ceaseless Discharge, though. I swear to god that boss fight is completely broken, at least on my copy of the game.
>>
>>386755178
I mean I'm not judging them, but they're missing out on content. It's like using the warp whistle in SMB3 and never actually playing the middle zones.

>>386755432
Yeah, but the Drake sword is not. It's just new players refusing to learn the game getting stuck with an inferior weapon. I'm like 90% sure that friend never beat the game.
>>
>>386756078
The normal club is easily my favourite weapon in DaS, but I've never used the reinforced one. How is it different?
>>
>>386753801
>equip havels
>just tank through his damage, doesn't matter what build
armors are completely busted in this game
>>
>>386756110
Uh in any other game I can just que whenever I want.
In this game, I run out of invasion stones, I run out of dueling stones, and so I'm just waiting to be invaded just to practice pvp again.

You think pve is practicing pvp? lel
>>
>>386755731
Yeah, the problem with dark souls 1 armor is that it's fucking useless compared to iframes until you literally max it out. You almost always want to fast roll over having extra defense.

I agree that using a linear roll system compared to tier sucks, but if later games did anything right, removing the ability to upgrade armor at all was probably it just because of the pacing at with you get materials and how worthless upgrading armor is compared to upgrading your weapon.

I'm not a fan of 2 or 3 and I'm also not a fan of continuously breaking up stats but maybe a stat dedicated to scaling up armor defense wouldn't be a bad thing.
>>
>your nature has changed
>>
>>386756194
it's reinforced
>>
>>386756339
What the hell are you even talking about? Your english is garbage.

Besides, if you really want to be invaded, use the dried knuckles. It gives you invasion priority. Otherwise, all of the Souls Games, from Demon to BB (With the exception of 2) have a way (or ways) to infinitely invade. Hell, even 2 with its lack of full eye orbs still utilizes full soapstones.
>>
File: ascension-lotus.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ascension-lotus.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>386755184
>Always killed Ornstein first because I had heard that buffed O is much more difficult than buffed S
>Finally after four playthroughs of the game I challenge them again on NG+2 and decide I want Ornstein's armor set so I'm going to kill Smough first
>Buffed Ornstein is actually much easier
>All this time I've chosen the hard way without even knowing it
>mfw I'm enlightened now
>>
>>386756363
I never realized that the coffin in the beginning of DaS2 changed your gender. Then I got to that one area with the Desert Sorceresses, equipped their top, and wondered why my dude had huge tits
>>
>>386756194
Has a shit ton of bleed buildup.
Really helped me on my sl1 run.
>>
>>386756568
Buffed Ornstein is harder for me, anyway. I had no trouble beating him in 2, but it's not the same.
>>
>>386756347
You couldn't upgrade armor in 2 or 3? I can't even remember, but that is a smart decision.

I liked 2 and 3 a good amount, but goddamn if they weren't flawed in their own ways. 3 was just too easy overall for a multitude of dumb reasons, and 2 was hard for the wrong reasons (the dodge needing to be improved through a vague stat being a major one).

I wanted to do a light armor dex run my first time through DaS2, but I ended up in medium armor hiding behind a shield the entire game because of that dumb system.
>>
>>386756568
Big O is harder for me due to me being a heavy armor wearing splatterhouse, and he is literally

LITERALLY

The only boss in the ENTIRE game that can't flinch. Even Big S flinches to heavy weapons.
>>
>>386748734
>>386751461
>Completely blind DS 1 before being able to literally talk to anyone about it was fairly fucking difficult my man
>Completely blind DS 1...was fairly fucking difficult
This is false.
Of course Great Hollow and the return trip to Undead Asylum are going to be difficult to discover on your own. That doesn't make it more difficult to beat Gwyn.
>>
>>386756640
Maybe I'll try it instead of the regular one. I love bleed weapons because of how satisfying making enemies bleed is. Taking off a huge chunk of their health in a single hit after a few consecutive ones is the best.
>>
>>386754657
literally after/during quelaag holy shit so much health
>>
>tfw didn't use pyromancy, miracles, sorcery or knew how to summon because playing in offline mode

Just me?
>>
>>386745538
>there are people who """"""play""" dark souls on a console or pc
>they didn't just imagine playing the game in their head
>>
>>386756725
You can upgrade armor in 2. I went through most of the game in the White Priest set and didn't really have any trouble with it, but I was a sorcerer and they're completely broken in PvE.
>>
>>386757041
I did all of that except I often went online to help people and level up my covenants.

IMO one of the main reasons to play any of the souls games is to fight big bosses. Some people have trouble with the big bosses. Killing three birds with one stone:

He gets help
I have fun
I get souls
>>
>>386748126
Xbot port was fine. All the shitters came out with the PC port
>>
>playing games like Dark Souls without looking up some things
Literally nonsense. You'll end up missing a lot of content.
>>
>>386756141
They're not really "missing" out on content. They just don't get to fight the boss for a little longer. I get what you're saying, it's just that there isn't an "objective" way of playing these games. If there was, where is the line drawn?
>>
>>386757127
I want to start playing online more once I get 3. I've never really been able to do it that much since I've only recently gotten into the series and the older games are dead. Not sure how active 3 is.
>>
>>386757208
Like what, a single bonfire in Sen's fortress, or the drake sword?

Good. Hard times breed hard people. Knowledge is half the battle.
>>
>>386745538
>people beat a game easily unless you restrict yourself
the souls series' difficulty is overrated, you can even make childrens games challenging if you opt out on using the most optimal mechanics
>>
>>386757208
>you'll end up missing a lot of content
that you can revisit on a subsequent playthrough instead of ruining your first
>>
>>386756712
>>386756813
Why are you having trouble with the guy? Personally, I don't like fighting buff Smough because he keeps doing that annoying attack where he charges at you with his hammer in front of him, which in my opinion is the most dangerous attack in the entire battle. Also, he hits RIDICULOUSLY hard and pretty much ignores your shield most of the time so if you fuck up once you're dead. Big Ornstein on the other hand has such long legs that you can just run underneath him and bite his ankles while he's attacking the air in front of him (exactly like how you fight The Last Giant in DS2). Obviously this strategy doesn't work against Smough because he's a fatty. Furthermore, Ornstein deals less damage and most of his attacks can just be blocked with a good shield.

Conclusion: I don't understand why people think buffed Ornstein is difficult. He's actually the easymode in the battle.
>>
File: 1501708289065-v.jpg (34KB, 370x699px) Image search: [Google]
1501708289065-v.jpg
34KB, 370x699px
>helping a friend at work play through Bloodborne
>at yhar Gul
>the big staircase by the first bonfire with the amygdala
>I spawn in behind the stairs and kill everything
>no enemies on the stairs
>still dies 3 times to the amygdala just by standing there
Save me
>>
>>386757321
>implying most people continue playing after the first playthough
>>
>>386757343
I already explained in my case. Big O is the only boss in the whole game that doesn't have a stagger animation. Which means my fat armored ass can't effectively fight him.

>>386757262
I played Dark Souls 1 and 2 on the Xbox 360 and Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne on the Ps4.

The traffic was always high. Even at a high level 180+ level in DaS3, I managed to get into like 16 player (sequentially after others die and room is made) splatterfest in the Farron Woods. OVER AND OVER again. There are people online, everywhere. Just keep that Knuckle primed, and scan with red orbs.
>>
>>386757343
I honestly have no idea why I have such a hard time with buffed Ornstein. It's just that I've only ever beaten buffed Smough and I think that I'm so used to it that swapping who I kill first puts a lot of pressure on me.

As I said, I had no problem beating Ornstein in 2. I think he has the same moveset, but I was a lot more comfortable when fighting him alone in that game than in 1.
>>
>>386756114
>I swear to god that boss fight is completely broken, at least on my copy of the game
Literally just cheese him, it's fine against Ceaseless since it's not even a glitch or anything, his AI is programmed to essentially commit suicide when you run back to the fog gate.
>>
>>386757208
>missing out on the fun of discovering things on your own (or with help from anonymous messages)
Literally the worst way to play through any souls game.
>>
>>386757567
>Big O is the only boss in the whole game that doesn't have a stagger animation
It really doesn't matter when you can simply stay between his legs and hit him for free damage.
>>
>>386757617
Yeah, I can't beat him any other way. It's just that sometimes he'll do that one undodgeable fire attack he's only meant to do (I think) when you're running away from him to the fog gate, when you're right next to him trying to fight him normally.

The hitboxes on all of his attacks are also totally fucked. It's like you're supposed to cheese him, but the game gives you no indication on how to do so. God, Demon Ruins sucks so much dick.
>>
File: 1462562551264.png (114KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1462562551264.png
114KB, 320x320px
>dark souls after anor londo
>>
>>386757375
>Your friend can't beat Amygdala
That boss has like a million different ways to be killed. Every time I watch someone fight him it's a different; completely viable strategy to killing that boss.

Amygdala is so fucking easy. I'm not even trying to be an elitist about it, if you're playing BB, that means you've AT LEAST played DaS 1 and 2, and any basic knowledge of how Souls Games perform leads to Amygdala going down like a sack of shit.

>>386757717
It matters a little bit. Big Weapons and Big armor = low stamina recovery. After performing heavy combos I usually can't effectively dodge his next attack in time.

Don't get me wrong, I can BEAT him, but he's probably the hardest boss in the game for Fatbuilds.
>>
>Want to do a Black Knight run in DSII
>They are fucking split damage fire based for some god awful reason
How in the flying fuck do they see that Black Knight weapons were normal damage and think "these are totally fire based!"
It would make sense if there were no prior expectations of them.
Yet more proof DS2 would work better as it's own game than as a sequel
It's almost as bad as there being no pure damage weapons in 3.
>>
>>386757786
new londo isn't that bad
at least it's short
>>
I have the most hours in Dark Souls 2, but have 100% completion in Dark Souls 3, and had the most fun playing Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>386757906
>New Londo
>After Anor Londo
It's like you don't even want your red eye orb.
>>
>>386757960
I have 2 achievements missing from Dark Souls 3.

Collect all Sorceries and Miracles.

I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT MAGIC WHY IS THERE AN ACHIEVEMENT FOR IT
>>
>>386757567
I'm getting the PS4 version, so hopefully I'll be able to do some co-op boss fights after playing the game normally.

This is a really dumb question that I've never looked into and probably should, but how do summons work? Can someone who's level 10 summon someone that's level 80? Or does that only apply to invasions?
>>
>>386745538
>only ever use builds with exotic weapons
>scythe
>magic mace
>fists
>jousting lance
>magic crossbow
Never used a GS in anything other than Monster Hunter
>>
>>386745538
knight set with broadsword, never summoned anyone (play pirated version.) beat ds2 , ds3 with dlcs
AMA
>>
File: 1353878803829.png (5KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1353878803829.png
5KB, 500x500px
>constantly relied on the wiki while playing through Demon's Souls
>tfw looking back and realizing I ruined what should've been an amazing experience for myself
>>
>>386758070
Why do you care so much?
>>
>>386757774
I pretty much agree with everything you say. The hitboxes are questionable to say the least and the massive fire attack can actually hit you through walls, but none of this matters because you can just make the boss kill himself. The battle is so damn poorly designed it doesn't make any fucking sense.
>>
File: de6.jpg (32KB, 540x521px) Image search: [Google]
de6.jpg
32KB, 540x521px
>>386758181
At least you were yourself.
>>
File: actually_best_sword.png (23KB, 192x280px) Image search: [Google]
actually_best_sword.png
23KB, 192x280px
>>386758163
>Never used a GS
that's a shame
>>
>>386758312
>DaS2 cancer
you are not allowed in this thread
>>
>>386757972
>Complete Anor Londo
>Don't put the Lordvessel in its place yet
>Go to New Londo Ruins
>Kill the robe guy to get the key
>Kill Four Kings
>Talk to Kaathe
What exactly seems to be the problem?
>>
>>386756110
>being a tryhard
>>
>dark souls after anor londo
Literally felt like a different game with how gloomy it looked.
>>
>>386758124
It varies from game to game.

Dark Souls 3 summons are based on two factors. Your level versus their level, and weapon quality.

I believe it's 10+10% level variation. Meaning a level 100 can invade 20 levels up and down, and a level 50 can invade 15 levels up and down. Alternatively, based on the HIGHEST weapon you have upgraded, you can invade other people as well.

You can invade +3 or -3 based on item upgrades. If you have a +7 weapon you can invade +10/+4 people and so on. This only applies to low level PVP, and does not apply to NG+, as upgrading even a single weapon to level 10 (even if you don't equip it) permanently opts you out of people +6 and less.
>>
>>386758124
>Can someone who's level 10 summon someone that's level 80? Or does that only apply to invasions?
No. There are levels restrictions for summoning just like there are for invasions.
>>
>>386758427
Nigga, it's called DARK souls
>>
>>386758236
I don't even understand why they'd put him in the game in the first place. He obviously wasn't finished, so just fucking cut him out if he's mandatory and buggy as shit.

The other two bosses in the area aren't that great either. Firesage is another Asylum Demon, a boss I don't necessary like to begin with, and the Centipede Demon is probably the worst boss when it comes to being able to see what's going on.

Bed of Chaos can suck my fucking dick with those bottomless pits you can easily get knocked into, but at least there's also an exploit for that boss as well.
>>
>>386758418
There's no problem, I just assumed no one else knew that the main cutoff was PLACING the lordvessal, not picking it up in the first place.

>>386758424
You know what thread you're in, right?
>>
>>386758348
That's the DaS3 version
>>
File: 1480643592291.jpg (39KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1480643592291.jpg
39KB, 560x560px
>>386758181
Dude are you LITERALLY me? I had the exact same experience and it's the one gaming related thing that I regret the most.
>>
File: Knight-chan.png (596KB, 587x493px) Image search: [Google]
Knight-chan.png
596KB, 587x493px
First character for every Souls game
>Knight class
>Claymore
>Quality Build
>Mid Shield
>Mid Roll
>Starting Knight Set upgrade to Fluted/Elite Knight set
>Female
I dare you to tell me I'm playing wrong
>>
>>386757293
>Hard times breed hard people. Knowledge is half the battle.
It's just a shitty port of an old ass game. Lighten the fuck up.
>>
>>386758181
>Played Demon's Souls
>Didn't appreciate it
>Play Dark Souls like 3 years later
>Love the shit out of it and play Dark Souls 2 as well
>Grow sad that I didn't appreciate Demon's Souls

Please just re-release it on PS4, I want to play it. For real this time.
>>
>>386758692
you are playing wrong
>>
>>386745538
>play Dark souls for first time
>get BKS
>plow through game
>later, get a hammer
>love it
>fuck black knight sword
>>
>>386758554
Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith in a nutshell. Thank god for Chaos Servants.
>>
>>386758778
Playing it correctly
>>
>>386758692
Incorrect.

>Bandit Build
>Something REALLY fucking big. Giant Hammer/Giant Axe
>Strength Build
>Fatroll/No Roll
>No Shield
>Heaviest, strongest armor possible
>Male
>>
File: ledo's_great_hammer.png (54KB, 188x283px) Image search: [Google]
ledo's_great_hammer.png
54KB, 188x283px
>>386758793
You made the right call
>>
>>386758863
I love parrying guys like you
>>
>>386758904
I love going through failed parries and decimating their entire stamina bar and half of their health.

Getting parried does suck. Hornet Ring go away.
>>
File: 1420090582054.jpg (59KB, 500x435px) Image search: [Google]
1420090582054.jpg
59KB, 500x435px
>>386758692
>>386758863
>Not playing as a DEX fag
Both of you are wrong if you ask me
>>
>>386745538
>have collectathon autism
>faglords expect me to play the game blind when I can lock myself out of dozens of items
nah, you can fuck right off, I bet you're one of those fags that rolls starting equipment to the very end, too
>>
I used a guide to figure out how how to use the Ashen Mist Heart in 2, but that's the biggest thing I've ever looked up on a first playthrough.

I'm also borderline retarded and got stuck in both Lost Izalith and Tomb of the Giants (before I got the Lordvessel) on my first playthrough without knowing what the fuck was going on, so I watched some videos to get a general outline of where I needed to go to advance with the game. I didn't look up anything I hadn't already seen, though.

For some reason I thought Quelaag's domain was part of the skybox and that I couldn't visit it. No fucking idea why.
>>
>>386758904
Parryfags are so easy to kill, literally just wain a second before attacking, or run at them and let them try their parry and backstab
>>
>>386759008
>For some reason I thought Quelaag's domain was part of the skybox and that I couldn't visit it
You're not the only one
>>
>>386759008
You can't enter Tomb of the Giants or Lost Izalith before the Lordvessal though.

Well, I mean you can reach the ENTRANCE of the Tomb, but that's it. You can't even get near Izalith.
>>
>>386759050
Considering your attack speed, slow movement, and overal predictability, I can tease you and then parry anytime.
>>
File: 1501662509329.png (685KB, 1114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1501662509329.png
685KB, 1114x1600px
>>386758746
Anon, you are aware that you can buy the game in the Playstation Store, yes?
>>
>>386759170
On the Ps4?
>>
>>386759098
probably means demon ruins
>>
Nobody discusses video games on /v/
>>
>>386759145
Not really, you just swap between attacking on sight, waiting a bit, and parrybait so I can backstab you when your health is low enough
>>
>>386759261
That saying, like so many other sayings, are just memes.
>>
>>386759098
I meant that I got through TotG before the Lordvessel, meaning I got stuck at the yellow fog gate (no fucking idea how I got past all those giant skeleton bastards before beating Quelaag) and couldn't even warp out.

Me getting stuck in Lost Izalith was seperate, I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

>>386759094
In any other game you wouldn't be able to visit it. It made my like Dark Souls a lot more when I realized that I could go in, and that you could visit most of the things in the game's skybox.
>>
>>386745538
>"Oh no I accidentally almost had something in common with another human! Better make up a reason why I'm too good for them"
>>
>>386759201
no wait i'm gay it was on the psn
>>
Nigga I beat O&S with a +2 Longsword and fatrolling on my first run. Became human once, thought it didn't do anything useful, and never did it again until the next playthrough.
>>
>>386759542
This post is a lot funnier than it should be

You're like DSP, but actually good at games
>>
File: DS Murakumo.jpg (186KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
DS Murakumo.jpg
186KB, 600x800px
You can only choose one (1) weapon to use for your playthrough. What is your choice?
In other words, choose your weaponfu.

Starting things off with Murakumo. Excellent range, good combination of speed and power and one of the best dexfag weapons out there.
>>
I play offline so the only summons are lore related. Fighting OrnSTINE and Smooooooge with Sunbro is the essential Darksouls experience. If you disagree, you like anime and are gay.
>>
>>386759771
Iron Tarkus is my favourite summon out of any Souls game
>>
>>386759285
I like how you imagine you can somehow get behind me. All I have to do is toxic mist or poison arrows to stress you out.
>>
>>386759308
Are they though? Every thread I see devolves into a totally different topic
>>
>>386759901
Then they're bad games, bad topics, or bad posters. They are the status quo, and the bottom line.

Dark Souls threads like this happen more often than not.
>>
>>386759901
We're discussing video games in this very thread
>>
File: Dark_02fd8a_5979567.jpg (103KB, 850x472px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_02fd8a_5979567.jpg
103KB, 850x472px
>Been playing Dark Souls
>Going completly blind
>Finished undead burg
>Still have mostly my starting knight equipment except for an axe
>Can't get past night dude at Undead Parish that guards a shield
Should I start again with a guide or can I keep going? I have been losing tons of souls without even using them.
>>
>>386759762
GRANT
R
A
N
T
>>
File: great-scythe-onhand-large.jpg (65KB, 600x395px) Image search: [Google]
great-scythe-onhand-large.jpg
65KB, 600x395px
>>386759762
Sue me.
>>
>>386759762
ZWEI ALL DEI
>>
>>386760047
>night dude
>guards a shield
What the holy hell are you talking about? Havel? Black Knight?
>>
>>386759762
Murakumo is top tier at high levels but if you're only using one weapon for the whole run it's a bad choice because its equip stats are so high. You'd have to spend ages looting souls and killing bosses with firebombs before you could even use it properly. Plus killing Shiva without a weapon would be a nightmare.

I'd go for the Longsword or Claymore. They're boring but you can use them both right away and they have zero downsides.

>>386760047
There's no reason to start over unless you've put all your levels into Resistance.
>>
File: 1480820651376.png (291KB, 466x411px) Image search: [Google]
1480820651376.png
291KB, 466x411px
>>386758863
>Being an ass bandit with only 8 INT
>All muscle, no control, or brains
>Literally the dumbest class
>Not a perfectly balanced Knight of Honor
>>
File: 1492815730805.jpg (96KB, 840x700px) Image search: [Google]
1492815730805.jpg
96KB, 840x700px
>>386758871
>trying to kill the npc that drops this on ng+

This shit is beyond frustrating
>>
>>386760047
souls don't matter, just keep practising your parrying, stamina timing and blocking
around parish there's a guy who can upgrade your gear so persevere!
>>
>>386754867
Games should come with a comprehensive manual like they used to, I feel like playing a game blind and then looking in the manual for things you missed was the original intention for devs, but manuals fell out of style.
>>
>>386760047
No offense, but you just suck. Dying or being able to beat an enemy in a Souls game is rarely down to gear.

You're using your starting gear in a very early area. Just keep trying until you beat him.
>>
>>386759771
>>386759845
I love how the quality of the NPC summons can vary anywhere from complete and utter shit to downright broken. Some summons actually make the battle HARDER by increasing the enemy's health while bringing practically nothing else to the table whereas some of them can literally solo the boss for you while you're watching from a distance.
>>
>>386759762
hardmode: the weapon you hit your first (past-asylum) enemy with is your perma weapon

It would be the iaito tbqh
>>
>>386760143
Balder Knight guarding a shield in undead parish
>>
>>386759845
I don't disagree that Tarkas is a cool summon and armor set, but that fight is just kinda bland. A good stepping stone to lead up to Anor Londo, though. Classic guard dog boss.
>>
>>386760243
>Some summons actually make the battle HARDER by increasing the enemy's health while bringing practically nothing else
Fucking Maneater Mildred

Quelaag's AI completely fucks up, and if you're smashing her from behind while Mildred hits her face, you never really know if she's going to do that AoE that can one shot you
>>
>>386760243
Watching Tarkus solo Iron Golem is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>386760175
that was some pure horeshit. Why the fuck do they always overtune the DLCs
>>
>>386760339
>Fucking Maneater Mildred
You're like a little baby. Watch this:
>Summoning for Four Kings or Fume Knight
>>
>>386760268
Oh, I know what you mean. You can just run past him.

Failing that, just try to go behind them while keeping your shield up to get some backstabs in. I also had a ton of trouble with the Balder Knights on my first playthrough, but they're really not that bad.
>>
>>386760143
I meant knight dude.
I don't know his name but he's in the undead parish guarding some sort of shield, he's the first of his kind I have encountered.
>>386760190
Ok, thank you. I could defeat the minotaur demon pretty easily on my first run, but it was pretty frustrating losing like 5k souls to that damn dragon.
>>386760239
I know I suck, but I feel like I should be more overpowered than I already am. I have seen some youtube videos and a lot of people have a much better gear than mine at that point.
I will still keep going, I just wanted to know if I should start over again because my character was useless due to missing stuff or something.
>>
File: Halberd2.png (37KB, 191x290px) Image search: [Google]
Halberd2.png
37KB, 191x290px
Confession time

Which one of you faggots got graced by this beauty early-game and stuck with her the rest of the game?
>>
>>386760047
>>386760268
If you can't get past him then how do you know he's guarding a shield?
>>
>>386760268
Ohh the one with the rapier?
Just progress past the church and across the bridge, there's a merchant with excellent gear. Get a longsword and use your souls to upgrade it, it's a very balanced out weapon.
>>
>>386760243
I never feel like that Witch you can summon twice has any real use other than causing a brief distraction for one of the abyss kings
>>
>>386760461
Didn't even know you could summon for Four Kings, and I've never played 2's DLC.

Considering how annoying Four Kings are solo, I can't imagine what they're like with a shitty summon.
>>
>>386760475
I mean my first try* not run.
>>386760504
I saw it on a youtube video to see if it was worth killing him
>>
>>386760160
>You'd have to spend ages looting souls and killing bosses with firebombs before you could even use it properly
This is why God created NG+.
Also, the giant skeletons at the Firelink graveyard have a chance of dropping Murakumo :^)
>>
File: calle juarez.png (31KB, 316x67px) Image search: [Google]
calle juarez.png
31KB, 316x67px
>>386760239
>rarely down to gear
*mostly
>>
Does it count if I beat the game blindly and then used a guide the second time to see what secrets i missed?
>>
>>386760475
>I have seen some youtube videos and a lot of people have a much better gear than mine at that point.
They either know what they're doing, or their viewers are helping them. You can beat them. Undead Parish is the first mandatory area in the game, don't worry about your gear.
>>
>>386760339
or when Mildred's AI gets stun locked in a lava pool
>>
>>386760684
No, that's what's expected of you to do.
>>
>>386760465
>>386760504
>>386760513
I'm not him, just pointing out what he was talking about
>>386760475
Souls come in the tens of thousands down the line, losing souls in your early game seems harsh but you'll forget about it easily
If you desperately need souls though, run onto the bridge with the dragon from the bonfire then quickly run back down, the fire kills the hollows and gives you 600 souls every time you run from the bonfire and back
Also, the dragon jumps down if you hide at the top of the stairs behind the wall, you can then run past him
>>386760496
the GOAT weapon, the reach is beautiful
>>
I'm gonna play demons souls, I'm bored and got nothing to do and wanna try getting a plat
>>
>>386760684
Absolutely nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>386760571
>completely blind
Ya blew it m8. He gives pretty clear tells for when best to strike and his weapon choice betrays the way to beat him.
>>
>>386760815
I'm considering emulating it, but my PC isn't that great. I've heard PS3 emulation has come along pretty well for DeS, though.
>>
>>386760465
>>386760513
Thanks, I will try that then.
>>
I beat every DS game following a checklist step-by-step guide, constantly shift-tabbing to read it.

The games are overrated and easy as fuck. The only difficulty comes from a lack of information. I call that "minecraft difficulty."
>>
>>386760047
Yo would you mind if you streamed some of your playthrough on steam?
What's your id?
>>
>discussions on 4chan
>its just a couple guys with dynamic IPs replying to themselves dozens of times
>this has been confirmed to happen more often than we'd like
>still posting on 4chan
>still expecting discussion

Just lurk and talk to real people for a connection. Once I realized this I barely come here. I used to shitpost all fucking day.
>>
>>386759641
My first playthrough was fucked. The ONE time I actually got a good run against the 4 Kings, I got a 5th that literally spawned behind me while I was fighting the 4th. I saw the sword swipe coming down from the top of the screen and dodged it on reaction, still fatrolling.
>>
>>386761051
This thread has been pretty great so far, shut up.
>>
>>386761081
>mid rolled pretty much my entire first playthrough
>>
>>386761051
You needed a schizophrenic conspiracy to notice half the people write the same exact way so it has to be the same guy?
>>
>>386761096
I'm just pointing out something meta. There is no discussion here. Sorry if that shatters something precious.

>>386761153
>conspiracy
What part of confirmed do you not understand?
>>
File: 1476823404509.jpg (19KB, 700x359px) Image search: [Google]
1476823404509.jpg
19KB, 700x359px
>there are people who haven't beaten each game at least 3 times with differing styles each time and doing everything possible in the games
This is far worse famalam
>>
>>386761081
I managed to get 7 spawn on one of my playthroughs. It's a pretty terrible fight, honestly. It doesn't seem like more than one King is meant to attack you at once (considering the fact that it's basically fucking impossible to fight back when it does happen), but sometimes one will spawn right next to you while you're fighting another and fight back because you're in its range.
>>
>>386745538
People who don't have free time I guess.
>>
>>386761289
>>386761081
>not fighting 30 kings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huhM4J8vLSQ
>>
>>386760557
>Didn't even know you could summon for Four Kings
You can summon Witch Beatrice from a summon sign that's behind a corner before you cross the little bridge to the fog gate. However, summoning her is ultra hard mode since she increases the health of the Four Kings by quite a lot (which is really bad since you're trying to kill them as quickly as humanly possible) and her damage output is absolutely pathetic. Don't fucking do it unless you're looking for extra challenge on purpose.

>I've never played 2's DLC
Play them, and by that I mean get Scholar of the First Sin. The DLC boss battles are infinitely better than anything in the main game. If someone asked me to list my top 5 battles from SotFS, they'd be Fume Knight, Sir Alonne, Burnt Ivory King, Sinh the Slumbering Dragon and Smelter Demon, 4/5 of which are DLC bosses (technically 5/5 since a boosted version of Smelter Demon appears in the Iron King DLC). In other words, the DLCs are superior to the main game, just play them.

>>386760526
>I never feel like that Witch you can summon twice has any real use
Funnily enough, Beatrice is actually a really good summon against Moonlight Butterfly if you're playing melee since she keeps shooting the butterfly for some really high damage while it's flying in the air and you're unable to hit it. If you have good RNG, the butterfly will be almost dead by the time it comes down for the first time and you simply have to finish it with a couple of hits.
>>
>>386761391
>moonlight butterfly
That's a mini RTSR challenge run desu. Or at least that's how I take it.
>>
>>386759865
Oh ofcourse I can, I do it all the time, its the way to deal with Parry spammers, and you somehow thing you will be able to toxic mist while on parry animation
>>
>>386761221
If it's confirmed where's the proof?
>>
>>386761289
>basically fucking impossible to fight back
>implying
On the contrary, I think it's totally intentional on the simple fact that the area you fight them in is completely huge, and you can separate them fairly easy. I'll never understand the bitching for this boss, for me it was one of the most fun.
>>
>>386761221
But if I'm talking to someone other than myself then I know I'm having a discussion. Perhaps lurking with a paranoid schizo attitude is the problem.
>>
>>386761546
You think you have control of the arena, but I command where you go. Unless you like bleed damage.
>>
>tfw I jumped into the Abyss and died even with the ring on once
I hate that entire part of the game
>>
>>386757567
Dark Souls has most players on playstation, right?
>>
>>386761678
You must have hit a ledge
>>
>>386749025
this
>>
>>386761632
thats not the point. also your mental illness fixation is amusing. im just saying that if you see a post with a lot of (You)s you should be suspicious and not let it draw you into the thread. That mentally sound enough for you, dr. wong?

>>386761586
Before I trawl the internet for said proof, may I ask how long you've been here?
>>
>>386745538
miracles isn't included in that list?
>>
>>386761758
>Mental illness fixation
I'm a different anon than the first so I know that you're full of shit, and at least one other person does too. You wanting to to think everyone who disagrees with you is the same person just reinforces our point.

>He doesn't even have proof
>>
>>386761758
>your mental illness fixation
wrong anon kek
>>
>>386761605
It's never worked for me, but I might just be in the minority. I might also have the most bugged PC copy of Dark Souls in the world, since I've encountered glitches in most boss fights in the game that I didn't find on my Xbox version.

>>386761735
What do you mean? I didn't land on a ledge, and I also don't recall touching anything on the way down. I think I just jumped from too high a height and ended up triggering an insta death that you'd normally get from falling down other pits.
>>
>>386761968
Weird, I do it all the time. Bah, I'll write it off as 60fps bug.
>>
>>386762028
I had it locked at 30FPS, though. That's the strangest part.
>>
>>386761915
>>386761948
And here we have it folks, an example of the dynamic IP in action.
>>
>>386761496
It's just a big "fuck you" to all melee players. I used to get my ass kicked by that thing on my very first playthrough when I was doing pure melee and was generally inexperienced with the game. Then I did a faith build later on and killed the thing by throwing Lightning Spears before it had a chance to land even once. It's such a dumb and boring fight altogether.
>>
>>386762108
Hahhaha fucking same here.
>>
>>386762103
Not an argument
>>
>>386761656
You don't, if you run I'll just wait and hide, if you parryfish I suppose you are a DEXfag with high mobility, why would I put my weakness against your strength?, I'll just wait until you come back to backstab me and finish you
>>
>>386745538
I've beaten every game with ultra greatswords only. Two handed only. No items except estus.
>>
>>386745538
>beat dark souls all bosses SL1
>using pyromancy
am I casul y/n
>>
>>386762231
>Argument
There was no discussion in the first place. Now go sip your monster and ruin another thread.
>>
>>386762253
>parryfish
Nigger i will make you bleed with this stock thief dagger right here and there is nothing you can do about it. I will poison you. and when you swing I will pull out a +15 rapier and simbly one shot you
>>
>>386756568
>your first O&S attempts
>struggle
>kite S behind pillars and dodge/chip at O
>fight big S

>finally switch, kill S first
>big O is so easy
>because you've spent so much time learning his moves, and the moves dont actually change at all when they get "bigger"
>ENLIGHTENMENT
>actually just an idiot
>>
File: Untitled.png (52KB, 1585x775px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
52KB, 1585x775px
All me btw
>>
>not maxing your carry weight in heavy weapon and armor then just blocking everything with a great shield

rolling looks absurd. i hate what they did to poise in Das2 though, getting stagger locked by rapiers while in heavy plate? fuck that game. i didnt bother with Das3 because of it
>>
>>386762480
And how will you do that exactly? I can tank everything you throw at me and one shot you, I can also parry your dagger, and I have enough moss to eliminate any status ailments
>>
>>386748734
There were a couple hard bosses. That's about it. Plenty of games still come with a hard boss or two.
>>
>>386756568
buffed ornstein is harder tho

I know all you really have to do is hug his balls but you don't even have to do that for smough, he telegraphs his attacks pretty clearly and has lots of openings for counterattacks
>>
>>386762103
Those posts are from IPs already in the thread. If it was truly dynamic IP, they would have new IPs, which they don't.
>>
File: 1483469543188.png (546KB, 726x528px) Image search: [Google]
1483469543188.png
546KB, 726x528px
>>386756568
>Always fight big O because I like getting the Leo ring even though I never use it
>Fight big S a single time
>80% of the fucking fight is just him using the butt lightning smash
>>
>>386762658
>not making the game a total snoozefest
FTFY
greatshields are literally babbymode
>>
File: 1502182144767.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502182144767.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>386745538
>mfw I got a black knight sword in undead burg and used it for the entire game
>>
>>386762676
Oh right you will try to parry my quick attacks with some random shield and zero training.
>tank
google bleed damage, noob
>moss
thanks for the backstab or pyromancy opening
Don't forget I could pull out a whip anytime and then be out of reach :^)
>>
>>386762658
I fucking love heavy armor builds, I did one on my first DS3 playthrough and promptly got my ass kicked though.
There were a couple bosses where you just had to sit behind them for free hits, so it wasn't all bad.
>>
>>386756823
gwyn is never the hardest boss under any circumstances

first playthrough hardest bosses are capra and o&s, MAYBE 4kings if you havent heard about poise yet

later playthroughs hardest bosses are the bullshit rng ones like bed of chaos (before you cheese it)

when you're good, none of the bosses are particularly threatening and can be done with most any build
>>
Dark Souls MMO when?
>>
>>386762916
Nah fuck that 4 kings and manus are tryhard tier. Artorias is just annoying.
>>
>>386762958
Just play WoW and get really angry when you die.
>>
>>386762880
Daggers are painfully easy to parry though, just like the falchion, and you can't make me bleed faster than I can parry you, I know how bleed works, the only decent bleed weapon is the golden tracer, and is just as easy to parry, so I can hit you with my thick CMW dragon great axe and one shot you
>>
>>386762916
>bed of chaos (before you cheese it)
How do you cheese this guy? By throwing Firebombs from the middle? I'm aware of that strategy but it requires so much precision that I'd probably never get it to work. I've been able to defeat Bed of Chaos once without dying and that was by abusing the fact that quitting the game during the battle sends you back at the fog gate and saves you from some dangerous running in the arena.
>>
>>386763152
>dragon great axe
>parrying thief dagger
Hope you like xcom
>>
>>386763114
>play WoW
No weapons, no armor, no character skill customization, no thanks.
>>
File: 1483346395844.jpg (229KB, 627x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483346395844.jpg
229KB, 627x720px
>Playing Bloodborne
>Got stuck on Gehrman
>Run out of blood vials for the first time

Holy shit I miss my estus flask
>>
>>386763223
Play oldschool runescape.
Like, grind your character for weeks and lose all that weeks worth of grinding and moneymaking in a single PVP fight.
>>
>>386763194
:^)
>>
>>386763171
you can shoot the glowy bits with a bow

I generally run up to the right one and kill it, then circle back around to a vantage point where you can shoot the left one. Takes a few arrows to clear the brances and then you're good. Then you just have to jump in the middle.
>>
>>386763171
It honestly takes less calories to just dual weild a stable shield and reload the save twice.
>>
>>386763042
>tryhard tier
what does this mean? Those are both good fights (assuming you don't poise cheese 4kids)
>>
File: 9145_eightbit2_1.jpg (365KB, 1072x1600px) Image search: [Google]
9145_eightbit2_1.jpg
365KB, 1072x1600px
>>386745538
>>""people"" who have ""beaten"" Dark Souls with black knight weapons/summoning/sorcery/pyromancy/guides are browsing this board right now
>>you're supposed to discuss video games with them

i used cheat engine, i can't be fucked to spend 5 minutes on each enemy, stop being an elitard
>>
File: claymore.png (6KB, 102x120px) Image search: [Google]
claymore.png
6KB, 102x120px
>>386760496
Maybe if I hadn't found this beauty first
>>
File: 1501700483671.jpg (34KB, 488x413px) Image search: [Google]
1501700483671.jpg
34KB, 488x413px
>>386763583
you best be joking faggot
>>
>>386763171
You can shoot arrows at the right side from the middle then run to the left before the floor breaks
>>
>DS3
>Four fucking swaps in the game, maybe 5 if you count that one at Profaned Capital
>2 in the same DLC
they can't keep getting away with this
>>
>>386763549
They are fucking annoying as hell. Both punish heavy/strength builds hard.
And what the fuck is up with Manus's smash bros 20 hit combo or Artorias throwing goop right as you stand up from a knockdown.
>>
>>386763653
>that look
>that thrust

marvelous
>>
File: 1489615906590.jpg (91KB, 1211x872px) Image search: [Google]
1489615906590.jpg
91KB, 1211x872px
Is the Zweihander really as good as people claim it to be? I generally don't like using big, slow weapons but pretty much everyone seems to think that it's one of the best weapons in the game so I'm slightly curious.
>>
>>386749623
I went in completely blind, and found the great hallow thanks to thorough exploration and player messages ingame. I bet you play offline like a true retard/coward.
>>
File: 1486372480900.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1486372480900.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>386763653
>He didn't main the bastard sword in all 3 games
>>
>>386763762
4kings doesn't punish strength builds, that's literally how people cheese that fight is by putting on the heaviest armor they can find. It's not fun when you do that though

And Manus is one of my favorite fights but I'm pretty much always fastrolling
>>
>>386763246
>Tfw Moon Presence was easier than Gehrman
>>
>>386763762
4kings is fine but Manus will fuck you up if youre slow and cant roll, yhea. you can block Artorias easily enough though. just don't ever let him charge up his powered up form
>>
File: DS1elite.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DS1elite.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>386763917
Zwei
>>
>>386763961
I would if the Souls Bastard Sword didn't have a stupid CURVED crossguard, it would be a lot more aesthetic with a straight crossguard.
>>
>>386763917
it has range and a lovely overhead swing that flattens people along with a wide swing. very satisfying
>>
>>386763917
It is good, you can win a lot of fights by smashing people into the ground. I wouldn't say it's the best weapon in the game or anything though
>>
File: RolxvGQ.jpg (286KB, 983x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RolxvGQ.jpg
286KB, 983x1600px
>>386745538
>start DS III as a sorceror for a change
>have a fun time one shooting mob and being a glass cannon
>late game
>start having trouble with the bosses
>"fuck it I'll check a guide"
>"this boss may be the hardest one for sorcery users"
>I'll try another one
>"this boss is tricky for sorcerers, I'll recommend dumping stats in this and this and upgrade this sword to..."
>"this one is highly resistant to magic so..."
>FUCK

The game has like 10 versions of missile type projectiles for magic users but you end up using two or three max, even if you have crystal soul spear you'll prefer GHSA because the casting time is terrible, at least Soul of Cinder and Lorian are kind of weak to magic. I had to resort to pyromancy and ToD to survive some bosses.

Also the ringed city final bossfight was fun/10
>>
File: DS2elite.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DS2elite.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>386763917
or
>>
>he doesnt invade
>hes not good enough to win 1v3 with half health and estus
Learn to play senpai.
>>
>>386760047
>Going completly blind
I'm sorry to hear that, anon. I hope you get to finish the game before it gets too bad
>>
File: DS3elite.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DS3elite.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>386763917
Die
>>
>not equiping only Grant
>>
>>386749526
Here's a pity (You) for that boring as fuck "story".
>>
>>386745538
I got the black knight sword on my first playthrough, what was I NOT supposed to grind up my stats to the point i was able to use it before progressing and then proceed to get carried through the game by it?
>>
File: header.jpg (35KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
35KB, 460x215px
Is it worth rebuying this game?
I never made it past earthen peak.
Does it get better? I mean, so far the whole schtick is getting ganked by damage sponges.
>>
>Knight died to Hydra
>Wanderer was killed by Toxic dart spitters
>Pyromancer died from poison in lower Blighttown
>Cleric starved to death while cowering on a ledge overlooking Bonewheels
>Warrior died fighting Gaping
>Hunter died from ????
>Sorcerer was killed and shoved in a barrel in Lower Undead Burg
>Bandit died from Drakes
>Thief died in Lower Undead Burg from dogs and Undead Assassins
>>
>>386760496
Right up until KANGZ when i kept whiffing through them with it for whatever reason. Then I switched to bastard sword and didn't look back

>>386764385
it's a fun game, learn crowd control and you'll be fine.
>>
>>386764385
yeah I would

maybe wait for a sale or something
>>
File: 1440274975144.jpg (26KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1440274975144.jpg
26KB, 531x471px
>>386764107
>>386764247
>>386764338
I really love your dedication to your weapon anon.
>>
This shit thread again:

>Most people who 100% this game use walk throughs
>Most people use waljthorugh in their first run because they dont want to suck
>Most people who claim this game is hard dont realize its just "Pattern remembering : The Game"
>>
>>386764543
>Hunter died from ????
fall damage in darkroot
>>
>>386764552
>learn crowd control
I'm but a simple dexfag
>>386764602
It was $12 on humble bundle for a month and now $11 on g2a....
>>
>>386764543
>Deprived died on his way to The Great Hollow
>>
>>386763917
It's the shit. Nothing beats the club, though.
>>
>>386763917
Its renowned for being extremely effective with low stat investment in ds1. In ds3 its pretty much the same except it falls short compared to other ultra swords in full builds.
>>
>>386764637
>most people who 100% this game use walk throughs
no fucking shit?
why are tripfags so retarded
>>
>>386764639
You'd think a hunter above all men knows his way around.
>>
>>386764247
Using it in 2 is so annoying since you'll sometimes swing in the opposite direction of your enemy

Like why the fuck would I want to swing behind me when I'm locked on
>>
>>386764665
>dexfag

no wonder. get some STR, boi. theres no such thing as damage sponges once you step in the Chad world
>>
>>386764665
Use a halberd/twinblade or something with a spin attack, or roll around to make enemies block each other. Plenty of good weapon options for a dex build though, hell even a rapier will carry you through the game
>>
>>386764338
Man I really have to try a Faith build sometime soon, it seems like you can use the stat for a lot of things
>>
>>386764828
Because you probably hold LS back?
>>386764852
Last build I had before I deleted it from my account was a club+14. I hate going so slow. And why did those fags remove UGS from the first shop?
>>
>>386764828
Stop relying on lockon, it's the best in 2 since you have complete control over the direction you swing regardless of where the last swing went
Hint: it's where you point the directional stick, faggot
>>
>>386764959
Lightning, Dark, and Magic damage on command from a melee weapon in DS3.

I usually just roll out with one of them, though, and have Tears of Denial, Sacred Oath, and sometimes some random Lightning spell
>>
>>386761234
Yeah dude, especially DS2 there's areason that soul vessels exist
>>
>>386764981
I know that's why it happens, I'm just annoyed that it DOES happen. I never had that problem in 1, because the game knew not to do it when I was locked on to something.
>>
>>386765092
And how they never fixed the uncomfortably small jump attack/guard break window.
>>
>>386765092
It's beneficial in DaS2 since you're constantly getting gangbanged. If you do it properly you can get >360 degree coverage with 2 attacks
>>
>>386764959
>he thinks making a faith build in ds3 will be fun
You poor ignorant slave. Have fun being miserable until endgame.
>>
>>386765198
The Zwei's range is so wide that I never felt the need to have to attack in all directions, though. It's super annoying when you're fighting a boss and accidentally swing behind you and get fucked in the ass because of it, sometimes the game shouldn't take your inputs so literally

>>386765284
I was talking in general. I don't think I've ever used a Faith build in any game.
>>
>>386765410
>stop doing what i tell you to do
literally get gud, shitter. sorry the game won't play itself for you
>>
Can I add someone on discord? i've been playing DS2 (vanilla not SOTFS) a lot lately.

cityofshawnthan#8715 is user and number
>>
>>386765496
What if I'm not trying to do that, though? I can understand stored inputs, but if I accidentally push the left stick a little too much backwards and end up dying because of it, it's annoying. Especially when I don't remember the previous game doing it.
>>
>>386765496
sorry the game's lockon is purely visual
>>
>>386745538
>if you don't play like me you're playing it wrong
OP is a faggot as usual. everyone go home.
i played with astora set, sword and shield and miracles. shit was fun
>>
>>386764202
Leveling Int doesn't cut you off from using anything else you have access to. A real sorcerer is about options, you can use dark and fire on anything you want to.
>>
>>386765721
Point the stick where you want to attack. If you don't like the way the weapon behaves, use a rapier or lance or something that makes you commit to going forward.

>>386765767
Hardly, you can 180-noscope people with spells and bows if you lock on at the last second. 2h weapons specifically behaves this way because it can be beneficial. If you don't want it going in another direction, leave the left stick alone.
>>
>>386765917
If I'm locked on to an enemy I'll assume the game won't let me attack in directions the enemy isn't in. It makes locking on pointless.
>>
>>386765917
>leave the stick alone
>standing still
we aren't playing counterstrike, grandpa
>>
>>386745538
>STR only claymorefags
why? how do you not get bored of playing that for the whole game? it's the kind of build with the least stats to invest on, you have greatshields and heavy armor so rolling is irrelevant, high poise and big weapons w/ hyperarmour means you can swing around without being interrupted so you either turtle and punish or just straight up punish and heal.

at least with other builds you start off weaker/slower and build up your strenght as the game progresses, with pure str you're set from the starting area. i usually reroll and play different builds on successive ng+s nut pure str is the one i never go for, it's just boring. quality is 100% more fun and diverse as far as pure physical builds go.
>>
>>386766037
Not really, it still locks the camera onto the target so you can focus on it. A lock-on doesn't have to specifically work only in one way to be a lock-on, Let it Die for example does the exact opposite by making lock-on aim your attacks but not the camera, which works well too in it's own way. If you take the very slight time to learn aiming your attacks it increases your effectiveness and options vastly.
>>
>>386764543
Generic elite knight died to the plant monsters and stone knights in darkroot. They probably caught him with tranquil walk of peace and ganked him to death.
>>
>dark souls 2 enemy auto targeting BTFO faggots who cant roll at the right time
>>
>>386765917
>If you don't like the way the weapon behaves, use a rapier
Not the guy you replied to but I can confirm that this doesn't help at all. If anything, the small area where you hit with the rapier makes it even worse. I had this happen multiple times in DS2:
>Locked on to an enemy
>Circling to the right when waiting for an opening
>Opponent whiffs
>Attack
>Rapier pokes the air on my right side
So basically when I get an opening to attack I have to let go of the stick, wait for a second and then attack if I want to hit an enemy that is directly in front of me and that I'm locked on to. It doesn't make any fucking sense. You use lock on for the sole purpose of attacking into that direction and if it doesn't work like that then it's broken.
>>
>>386766764
At least you can use the broken ass netcode to obliterate in pvp
>>
>play dark souls for the first time
>pick pyromancer and master key
>shred through areas and get firekeeper souls early
>summon NPC phantoms and the occasional player phantom for every boss
>get the drake sword
>switch to giantdad after opening sen's fortress
>>
File: BB coop.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BB coop.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>386745538
>Why are you using these things in the game stop it stop it
Nigga the fun of these games is the variety and freedom to experiment.
>>
File: Estus.png (16KB, 297x284px) Image search: [Google]
Estus.png
16KB, 297x284px
>>386766420
>STR only Claymore
What? Claymore is a Quality weapon
Thread posts: 448
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.