[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fuck do the cutscenes ever stop in this game? So far from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: yakuza-2-3.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yakuza-2-3.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
Holy fuck do the cutscenes ever stop in this game? So far from chapter 1-3 the gameplay to cutscene ratio has been fucking absurd.
>>
it's a japanese game. you aren't allowed to complain about it.
>>
>>386745401
its a big shame when you play something good but its badly hindered by massive amount of cutscenes and dialogue
>>
>>386745536
Honestly, if this were western developed far more people would be giving it shit for being 'cinematic'.
>>
No they don't and they're insufferable until about 2/3 of the way through. Sadly by that time you've seen everything the combat has to offer so that gets pretty boring, especially the last chapter. Fuck the gunmen.
>>
Yeah, u shud skip them all bro
>>
Yakuza series as a whole is notorious for terrible gameplay-dialog pacing. First half of the games are front-loaded with it, you just have to deal with it.
>>
>>386745536
>>386745864
>>386746095
>>386746104
neo /v/ is real.
>>
>>386746095
People complain something is something is cinematic when you're stuck in set piece hell and just press W while watching explosions occur around you. It was never used to mean "too many cutscenes."
>>
>>386746442
0 was popular amongst normies, so /v/ decided that they have to hate it now like the contrarians they are.
>>
>>386747009
If you game has a shit ton of cutscenes now, there's a good chance it's setpiece shit ala The Order. TLOU wasn't even set piecey and it was shit on for having too many cutscenes and gameplay segments being 5 minutes of shooting and finding a piece of wood.
>>
>>386746095
Then rather than try and look for a reason to hate on the Jap games thst do it, realise it's stupid to complain about "cinematicl when western devs do it. Not everything has to be one way. Don't like this cutscene stuff? There are games for you. Try MGSV. Try Souls.
>>
>>386747490
I'm not even hating on the game, the game is fine. It's the amount of cutscenes that I have an issue with. It's really shitty now that saying one bad thing about a game means you must be shitting on it. People really need to get over themselves.
>>
>>386747490
>Point out blatant hypocrisy
>"HURR STOP BRINGING IT UP"

This is also the same board that shits on story driven or pandering games but will gladly lap up the latest VN or jiggly big titty anime girls#32423
>>
>>386747457
don't forget how hellblade was getting shit on for not having gameplay in the first 20 minutes
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 473x555px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 473x555px
>>386747835
But i agree it's hypocricy. However, i don't think games like TLOU and LiS or Beyond Two Souls should stop doing what they are doing as if it means games like fighters, Souls or any other game that prioritizes objective gameplay above all else will stop being made or stop being a good alternative option.
>>
>>386746442
>I like to watch my games, not play them
>>
>>386748569
>i like to decide how much cutscenes is too much for everyone else and make out the experince is rendered worthless
>>
>>386749014
thank you, finally someone who gets it
>>
>>386746095
Western games have a consistency to their cinematics at least.

Not a cutscene which will go from fully animated, to basic camera pans with voice, to just dot-dot-dot dialog bloops.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.