[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"saving" the halo series is so simple really, first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

"saving" the halo series is so simple really, first of you have to
>remove 343i and everything 343i did
>buff base speed somehwat so the "sprint controversy" gets fucking removed forever, it will also be a subtle nerf to dominant hitscan weapons such as the br because you move much faster
>remove unnecessary weapons such as the dmr and the gay prometheus guns
>allow "advanced movement" such as explosive jumping with the brute shot because stuff like that is fucking fun
>keep all the weapons different and add alt fires on some
>improve vehicle physics and allow first person mode
>bring back reach customization
>make the covenant look and sound like the covenant from combat evolved
>campaign maps should be huge
>make nice music
dont really give a shit about story stuff
>>
Also forgot, port it to pc
>>
>everything unsc should resemble modern tech and be vietnam themed
>covenant should all be about pew pew and blue lights
basically take most from CE, the best halo game
>>
>>386731725
There 2 or 3 FREE Halo games being developed right now. They will save the franchise once they're finished.
>>
>>386731725

basically every mission should have you start with Marines or have ODST delivered to let you try and keep alive through the ENTIRE mission
>>
>campaign should have huge maps where youre solo fighting aliens while music like this plays
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubIBKg9xAso
just adding things
>>
>>386732874

i like marines, i would like them to have some more survivability though, not just health buff or anything but you should be able to command them to cover or give them a healthpack.
>>
delete Cortana
>>
>>386732828

But thats "lore" stuff or card games or some shit.
i just want a good halo video game
>>
Focus on the campaign experience more than multiplayer before release, work on it afterwards based on player critique
>>
>>386733286
saying "campaign experience" makes you seem like you work at 343i or some other corporation,
its a video game not an experience.
Why do you want it to be early access aswell?
>>
Whats wrong with the DMR? I like it better than the BR
>>
>>386733639
what the fuck? i just want a game to have a singleplayer that isn't shit
a good ol' co-op game rather than the PvP lootbox fuckoffs we have flooding steam and the xbox store
>>
File: 1485140503051.png (99KB, 465x632px) Image search: [Google]
1485140503051.png
99KB, 465x632px
The DMR would be fine if they nerfed its range a bit, otherwise you have some solid ideas OP.

Too bad that the best we'll get is a class based Overwatch clone.
>>
>>386733774
>>386733691

there is no point in it
its between the br and sniper rifle and has no downsides.
i would like to use some other weapons aswell without them being turned into clones of each other like in halo 5
>>
>>386733108
Nope
https://installation01.org
This game is currently being developed for free. It's basically Halo 3 with small adjustments.
>>
>>386731725
>higher movement speed will be a subtle nerf to hitscan
how does this apply to hitscan only?
>>
>>386731725
Halo 5 has hands down the best multiplayer in the series
>>
>>386734249

its shit, halo would be so much better if it had some quack or tf2 elements in it. not talking about classes
>>
>>386731725
>Getting rid of the DMR
Yeah, n'ah, the DMR has a place in Halo, but 343i can't into weapon balancing due to the BR doing everything the DMR can, but better. Especially when you then add the Halo 5 pistol into the mix. I personally prefer the DMR, myself.

But anyway, fixing Halo is easy.

>Remove Spartan abilities like run, boost, etc.
>Return to making self-contained maps that mirror Halo 2 and Halo 3.
>Fix the armor system. For example, through player progression and leveling, like in Reach, you unlock armor, but through achievements, commendations, and even "paid content", you can unlock marking skins to apply to the armor to give it a unique look.
>Remove colorful weapon skins entirely.
>Add the helmet to the overlay in game, like which is done in SP, to MP.
>Halo Reach ranking
>Unlockable weapons, like that has been done in Halo 5 (Halo 2 BR, Halo 1 Pistol, ODST SMGs/Pistol, etc).
>>
>>386734572
Everything you listed is just some useless fluff that doesnt change the shitty gameplay, except for abilities, whick OP already listed.
>>
>>386735237
But yet it does?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.