[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about giving this a go, was curious about a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 73452121.jpg (245KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
73452121.jpg
245KB, 1920x1080px
I'm thinking about giving this a go, was curious about a few things.
How necessary is microtransactions, I heard stash is almost necessary, anything else?
What is end-game? Is it repeating acts, farming bosses, can you run something similar to rifts in D3?
And finally how is Shadow?

Be nice young lads /v/ and help me out.
>>
I played it awhile ago. I didn't know it had microtransactions until I realized I could get more bank tabs. It may be worse now, but I played through that games campaign for free and never thought of microtransactions
>>
>>386721330
>How necessary is microtransactions, I heard stash is almost necessary, anything else?

The currency stash is definitely a must if you plan to play a lot, otherwise, there's nothing really. It's all cosmetic.

>What is end-game? Is it repeating acts, farming bosses, can you run something similar to rifts in D3?

You modify maps. Eg. enemies deal 100% more damage, but in return you get +30% more item quanty and rarity.

>And finally how is Shadow?

Good for traps, poison stuff, energy shield, etc. All depends on what you want to build for.
>>
>>386721330
>micro-transactions
cosmetics and stash tabs, premium stash tabs are just an easier way to hurl garbage onto a space where you'll price it wrong and get ripped off or it'll never get bought, if you enjoy the game and want to drop money on it, currency tab is something I suggest buying. not required but clears up a lot of clutter.
being a whale I suggest x4 stash tabs, the card and essence tabs as well but I'm just an asshole with money to spend and waiting to die.
>end game
Maps, basically set rifts, imagine if you could do a certain area in d3, roll modifiyers on them such as increased monster damage or life, players perma cursed, enemies of only one type. generally harder map mods give more item rarity, quantity and pack size.
>shadow
starting class that only matters if you know what your doing. don't be scared to use the wiki for things. Some classes can only get certain skill gems later on while others get them earlier or as quest rewards, at the end of the game it doesn't matter because theres a vender you can buy them from.
>>
>>386721683
>All depends on what you want to build for.
I've always liked a high damage/burst stealthy approach. But honestly I might end up trying Templar a bit too.

One more question if you don't mind. This game has a trading system right?
>>
>>386721828
>This game has a trading system right?
Yes. It's really shit so use poe.trade

I also would recommend getting some starter build for first run. While creating your own shit is at least half of the fun of this game, it's also really unforgivable if you don't know what you are doing. So getting build made by experienced players will give chance to get feel for the game without feeling "I'm not dealing any damage and these mobs are one shooting me".
>>
>>386722226
>I also would recommend getting some starter build for first run
Are resets not rewarded at any point? I'm not really interested in following a guide.
>>
>>386722847
>Are resets not rewarded at any point?
You earn respec points from quests and one type of currency but they are designed for small adjustments to your builds rather than full respec in case of major fuck up.
>I'm not really interested in following a guide.
Feel free not to but be prepared for meeting wall at some point because of some mechanic you didn't know about at later stages of the game.
>>
>>386722847
You don't have to follow a guide, the game is simple enough you can just make a build by taking the most 'efficient' nodes you desire of stats and uniques you find interesting to use for their reliability.
>>
File: 1460502563743.jpg (87KB, 720x848px) Image search: [Google]
1460502563743.jpg
87KB, 720x848px
Quick question; I've played mostly Spectral throw, BV, and TS. Are there any fun builds related to these that I may enjoy?
>>
>>386723175
>Feel free not to but be prepared for meeting wall at some point because of some mechanic you didn't know about at later stages of the game.
Isn't this expected? New mechanics being introduced the further you get? Kinda silly to have a huge skill tree then get a recommendation to look for a cookie cutter build.
>>
>>386721330
Don't listen to those fags saying stash tabs are a must, because there's alternatives around them:

- If you need more stash space you can make a mule and transfer your items there, GGG has stated you can have 2 clients active at a time so it's perfectly normal to do so.

- If you need to sell stuff you don't need a premium tab either, there's stuff like Procurement or Acquisition so you can list stuff for sale.

Game is not pay to win, but it is definitely pay for convenience.
>>
>>386723359
Ethereal Knives?
>>
>>386723606
>- If you need more stash space you can make a mule

just because it's free doesn't mean it's not retarded

and you're paying for massive quality of life improvements which you probably spend a lot of time playing
>>
>>386723926
My point being you can reach endgame and fix any of your storage/trade problems without spending a dim on the game, and your last sentence just proves my last point so idk why you even bothered to type that.
>>
>>386721330
>How necessary is microtransactions, I heard stash is almost necessary, anything else?
If you're just starting out, you will not need any of the qol microtransactions. It takes a while to learn about what builds work, the value of things and how to efficiently go through the game, and you won't really benefit from an organized stash otherwise. If you get hooked on the game, you will probably start hoarding currency and getting into the meta. Only then should you think about getting a currency stash tab, maybe a premium tab for easy trading. Ultimately don't worry about it, you'll know if you really want any of that.

But I definitely recommend following a build. The skill tree is just impossible to figure out when you're starting out, and following a build will save you a lot of headaches and get your familiarized with the passive skill tree.
>>
>>386721330
How is the labyrinth bullshit nowadays?
>>
>>386724416
Trivial to get your first 4 skill points, haven't gone for the 3rd set yet. The first labyrinth is literally Area -> Boss -> Area -> Boss -> Area -> Area -> Boss
>>
>>386724416
>reduced normal and cruel areas so it's faster to complete

>no more traps in final phase in normal and they're disabled in other difficulties when you kill Izaro in case you're a stupid fuck

>sidequests are more rewarding, better loot and can even grant golden keys sometimes

>golden doors have golden key in the same area

It's way better than before at least.
>>
>>386724717
Nah I'm asking how it works now since before you used to get one per difficulty and had to repeat every ritual.
>>
>>386724863
The Aspirant's Plaza has a waypoint and is accessible everywhere. You use a thing in it to select which labyrinth you want before opening the door.
>>
>>386721330
no repeating acts anymore since the recent update to 10 acts

they have a map system which is way better than rifts in D3
>>
File: trying to invade polland.jpg (43KB, 568x720px) Image search: [Google]
trying to invade polland.jpg
43KB, 568x720px
How good/bad are claws? I know they have the best attack speed and a life steal bonus, but I heard life steal was nerfed pretty hard.
>>
>>386725368
Claws are lit, Touch of Anguish is a meme build right now though
>>
>>386725368
Claws have a different type of lifesteal though, they do life gain on hit which is kind of like a lifesteal that applies instantly. And lifesteal hasn't really been nerfed, they only removed Vaal Pact from interacting with Energy Shield
>>
>>386725490
>implying I'll ever see such an item
I'm more worried about how viable life steal is, as well as which gems are usable with claws, I remember using blade flurry was the best option.
>>
>>386725835
Here >>386725834
>>
>>386725834
How much worth are those jewel sockets? Is it worth picking one over a minor non-stat node?
>>
>>386727257
Depends on the meta and your build, they're usually cheap if you play a build which stats that are not expensive, and unique jewels (build enabling ones) can be earned as quest rewards.

They are very well worth it, because while you could pick for example 5% increased life on the tree, a jewel can have up to 7% increased life alongside 3 other stats (like damage, crit, resistances, etc)
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.