[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cooking in BotW fucking sucks. Most of the effects are redundant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 0

Cooking in BotW fucking sucks. Most of the effects are redundant and trite or supplanted by the appropriate weather-proof armor later on. You have nary a reason to brew potions because they share properties with dishes (just that the latter give you hearts on top of that and ingredients for them are easier to find). There's but one really valuabe recipe: Big Hearty Radish + Hearty Dorian + meat. The game also bombards you with resources, most of which you'll never use.
>>
I hate how long it takes to fucking cook.
>>
>OP Pic

The French used chemical weapons first.
>>
i just ate apples the entire game
>>
As soon as you get the heat/cold and fire resistant armor/clothing you dont even have to cook at all anymore, just tp from fountain to fountain and collect fairies.

Kinda sad that one of the shittiest mechanics is also one of the most complexed and fleshed out...
>>
I just threw random shit together and that got me though like 99% of the game.
>>
>>386717212
why the fuck re you wasting both radish and durain. just one with anything works fine.
i like milk
>>
>shit twitter meme
>mobile filename
>>
>Make non cooked food barely heal for shit, and stuff like meat unedible without cooking it
>Make the wok cook food up for more hearts but not the OP hearty stuff
>Add cook NPCs for the OP shit so you have to stock up in a town instead of getting lucky with finding a wok everywhere to make hearty food
>Add a recipe list that you can 100%
>>
>>386717212
Yeah, it's a shame really beacuse it must have taken a long time to just design all the recepies and possible combinations of ingredients.

I very rarely cooked anything in the game throughout my time with the game, approx 125h.

Hopefully they'll improve it for the next game. I think it would be better if you had The option to set up a pan at any time, so that you can cook whenever you want instead of having to find random pans here and there when you're doing more interesting stuff.
>>
>>386720214
Forgot one thing
>introduce effects that are needed to complete quests

I'll give an example. Imagine you're doing a racing contest with the fastest racer of what the fuck do I know. You can't beat him unless you eat some hot pepper which makes you run faster because of the pain. Add a funny animation for after you have eaten it and you have yourself a good fucking moment in a game by my measure.
>>
>>386717212
My problem with cooking/food is that it breaks the game too easily. You get so much food, and you can just go in the menu, chow down, and brute force every fight. There's zero risk to any of it.

As much as people shit on Skyward Sword, it at least introduced real-time potion drinking to the series. BotW should have carried that over with consuming food. BotW also shouldn't have let you eat raw ingredients, and should have had limited food item slots. There's so many little balance tweaks Nintendo could have made to improve the experience and prevent the difficulty from falling off a cliff.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.